1.6

Overwhelming dislike- based on 300 Ratings

1. Oct 24, 2019
    I'm not surprised this game is a mess - Yukes left and they scrambled to try and get whatever they could together in order to release a game and it really shows. People are talking about them patching it but I don't think they'll get anywhere near a 5/10 within a year when you consider they'll be switching their focus to 2k21 in the not too distant future.
  2. Oct 22, 2019
    This game is a huge step backwards. I love wrestling and wrestling games. This is as bad as WCW Nitro on PS1
  3. Oct 22, 2019
    The game is literally unplayable. Tons of glitches, all modes have issues.
    It's just not fun, it's a Shame,but this is The first time i hate a WWE game
  4. Oct 22, 2019
    Beyond broken. Only token things added to this year’s since 2K19 and just as much, if not more, removed. 2K’s excuse is they had to rebuild from the ground up after Yukes left development - is hogwash. They clearly retained assets from Yukes’ development and “man, making games is HARD” is not an excuse. You had the choice to delay the game or outright cancel. Could have released new DLCBeyond broken. Only token things added to this year’s since 2K19 and just as much, if not more, removed. 2K’s excuse is they had to rebuild from the ground up after Yukes left development - is hogwash. They clearly retained assets from Yukes’ development and “man, making games is HARD” is not an excuse. You had the choice to delay the game or outright cancel. Could have released new DLC for 2K19 to bridge the gap. Instead, you foisted a broken, glitchy, unresponsive game worse than an open world Bethesda release.

There is literally no excuse for releasing a game with so many years of past development this broken. Even rudimentary aspects of the game are broken. Jobs need to be lost here; fans and customers need to be made whole after being deceived.
  5. Oct 22, 2019
    the worst game of the entire series, the game is not ready, it's just awful
  6. Oct 22, 2019
    Downgrade graphic, various bugs, almost no one New features and where Bray Wyatt the fiend on day one? Pityfull
  7. Oct 23, 2019
    WWE 2K Potato

The graphics are hideous and are worse than the last few entries! The game is also broken
  8. Oct 22, 2019
    Do not support such a lazy excuse of a developer/publisher that have put the bare minimum into this franchise for damn near a decade. WWE2K20 is unmitigated unplayable mess of bugs, outdated material and incredibly sluggish gameplay.
  9. Oct 22, 2019
    Bought the game and now I'm regretting it. Too many glitches and too many bugs. Can't even enjoy it without having the game crash on me.
  10. Oct 22, 2019
    not worth the time, money or attention. Playing it would clearly be putting more effort into it than the developers did.
  11. Oct 22, 2019
    Broken glitchy mess. they cannot be bothered to fix year old bugs that this game has had for 7 years. Do not waste money on this if you must buy a wrestling game gets last years version 2nd hand.
  12. Oct 22, 2019
    Worst wrestling game ever.....infact probably one of the worst games ever...right up there with ET on Atari
  13. Oct 22, 2019
    Disgraceful and pathetic from 2K because this is one on the most laziest wrestling games i ever played since WCW Backstage Assault for the PS1 and it's beyond the joke and my god the graphics are dreadful and it's unacceptable also there's glitches and bugs galore which makes the game unplayable and the hit detection is garbage and all the modes have massive issues and i was really shockedDisgraceful and pathetic from 2K because this is one on the most laziest wrestling games i ever played since WCW Backstage Assault for the PS1 and it's beyond the joke and my god the graphics are dreadful and it's unacceptable also there's glitches and bugs galore which makes the game unplayable and the hit detection is garbage and all the modes have massive issues and i was really shocked when Yukes left because they deserve better then this and it's such a shame to see a broken game with no innovation what so ever and what's even worst is that it's a huge insult to gamers and wrestling fans like myself so guys do not buy WWE 2K20 and stay the hell away from 2k sport games because i can only see that greedy publisher getting worse in the years to come Expand
  14. Oct 24, 2019
    Terrible game and as usual, 2K have not even bothered to try implement any new graphical overhauls etc... game is buggy as looks like a PS3 game
  15. Oct 23, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Worst game ever. Shame 2k for this garbage. Its an insult for gamers and for pro wrestling fans Expand
  16. Oct 23, 2019
    This game clearly wasn’t ready to be released. 2K should be ashamed of themselves for releasing this garbage.
  17. Oct 23, 2019
    There is so much wrong I cant write it all down. But here's a list, yup that's right this game just made the list. Awful A.I, targeting,lighting glitches, graphical glitches, poor writing, audio bugs, obnoxious characters in my career. Ridiculous objectives in said mycareer. Lack of new features. Everything that was wrong in last years game but again and worse
  18. Nov 1, 2019
    Worst WWE game of all time. I give it a zero rating because it's not playable.
  19. Oct 23, 2019
    Bring back the old control, new control is suck
    I really want this game but now I'm disappointed
  20. Oct 23, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It’s utter trash same copy paste game every year just worse. The character models are horrible specially the rock, the Entrances are not accurate like the rock for example looks like another person pretending to be the rock. And what was the point in putting the 5milion dollar shirt rock in without his wrestling attire we asked for Hollywood rock, 2001 rock, 2002 rock and 1990’s rock and they still couldn’t even do that let alone give the accurate entrances in. Most importantly the Gameplay is stale and move animations look bland.game still have glitches like no tomorrow. And my God are the graphics horrible looks worse than 2k19. The devs are just going lazy, 2k needs to let go of the rights to this embarrassment of a wrestling game. The wwe games hasn’t been good since the Smack down vs Raw games. WWE 14 was the last decent one though. 2k15 and up are all trash. Don’t buy them nor 2k21. I look foward to what Yukes will do now that they are free. I hate to see their next gen WWE game it’s going to be. They need to redo the whole entrance and go back to watching older wwe matches from attitude era and ruthless aggression era to take notes of the move sets animations and entrance accuracy desperately. Scrap what they have. This game is bad not worth the money and I feel sorry for anyone who bought the collectors edition. Expand
  21. Oct 22, 2019
    Not only is it buggy as Hell(Resiliency doesn't work for me, either), not only is Universe Mode screwing up CAWs, not only are the 2K Towers designed to suck for casual gamers and gamers with not as great skill(not one of them is on Easy mode, and the Roman Towers is locked to Legend), not only am I scared to create a CAW and do MyCareer out of fear of impending game-breaking issues, notNot only is it buggy as Hell(Resiliency doesn't work for me, either), not only is Universe Mode screwing up CAWs, not only are the 2K Towers designed to suck for casual gamers and gamers with not as great skill(not one of them is on Easy mode, and the Roman Towers is locked to Legend), not only am I scared to create a CAW and do MyCareer out of fear of impending game-breaking issues, not only are there graphical glitches, not only did the game crash on me after I didn't nothing with it for 3 minutes, not only are the new moves's animations sped up as if they were carried over since the THQ WWE games, not only is the control scheme made solely to be different and is rough as balls, not only does it feel like reversing is even harder to do(whether cause of a glitch or the new button layout is up to you), and not only are you unable to sync any Trophies as it glitches that out somehow(how do you f*** up the trophy syncing?!?!), BUT...the game has the absolute balls to have the preorder bonus, which is always meant as an early reward for early buyers, be delayed by a week. Yes, the preorder bonus, which CLEARLY seemed ready in the YTer videos for those that got review copies, was somehow not ready for release on Day One, meaning that it was clearly done this way to make sure they get early copies sold and then decide to bring up that it won't be ready A WEEK BEFORE IT'S RELEASED.

Now, I dunno if it's true or not that they had to rebuild the game from the ground up, but, if this is true, you're telling me that you couldn't have just asked Yuke's for the source code, and you're telling me that you didn't even OWN the source code for the games in the first place?

This is an astronomical level of insanity. Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric and Mighty No 9's respective launches were seamless and perfect compared to this. It's utterly astonishing, too. Like, how in God's name did they f*** up this bad?

Oh, and VC earnings still suck, and the Accelerator, originally bought to let you unlock everything whenever you choose, is now automatic in terms of unlocking everything, including with MyCareer and 2K Showcase unlocks. This decision is not fun, because it doesn't feel rewarding at all. My usual process has been to use the VC to unlock a few characters(usually 1 of each character, arena, and belt) and THEN use the Accelerator, so that I can feel like I earned some of them. This? This just feels like I've been handed the Nobel Peace Prize when I did nothing productive or worthy of it and only have my name and position in power to ride on, AND that I got the position in power by cheating my way through.

I'm sure I'll feel better when Bump in the Night is released, as I can at least unlock The Fiend normally with that(I hope), but I'm not even sure any patches will save this entry, ESPECIALLY with the process of patching these games always being that there's usually a Day One patch(which hasn't happened yet, I guess) and one patch for each DLC pack released, and then it's ignored for the next entry, and such is the curse of yearly releases of games, not just WWE games specifically.

2K, ya done f***ed it up. BIG time.
  22. Oct 22, 2019
    The game is AWFUL, tons of glitches, graphics downgrade, the new controls are DISGUSTING and, i don't know why, but, the superstars entrances doesn't even work! Don't buy it!
  23. Jan 9, 2020
    I see some people in here who gave this game 10 score blaming it on Yuke's for leaving 2K high and dry .First of all 10 score for a game that doesn't work? Really? Second if you are going to post a review at least know the fact's before you do ,Yuke's didn't quit,2K wanted them out from the start so they can implement their idea's which they failed miserably to do. So they thought theyI see some people in here who gave this game 10 score blaming it on Yuke's for leaving 2K high and dry .First of all 10 score for a game that doesn't work? Really? Second if you are going to post a review at least know the fact's before you do ,Yuke's didn't quit,2K wanted them out from the start so they can implement their idea's which they failed miserably to do. So they thought they can take page out of EA's playbook and just sell the game that absolutely doesn't work,only problem with this EA at least has their cash cow Ultimate team ,2K doesn't have a damn thing except glitches ,bugs ,updated roster and graphics that look's like it went backwards a decade. With all these problems you would think they would be working hard to fix at least some of them but the lack of patches and support has been shocking. Expand
  24. Oct 22, 2019
    2K20 is a glitchy, buggy mess of a game that literally no one should try, at least until after the game's (possibly) many patches. It will never live up to what it's predecessor, WWE 2K19, had.
  25. Oct 22, 2019
    Worst WWE game of all time. Starting by the graphs that seem about ten years and the bugs that the game has, you can't have a good experience in the game
  26. Oct 22, 2019
    Worst wrestling game I’ve ever played. Truly a broken piece of crap. At this point the best 2k can do is issue everyone refunds. There is no salvaging this trash fire
  27. Oct 22, 2019
    Just short and sweet. About anything is awe full. I didn’t buy it. I played it at a friends house who’s really p**** off that he spent so much money for this waste of money and life time. I had a good laugh, cause I knew it would be that bad. Anyways. I hope nobody buys that game, so rather the next game will be either great again (since HCTP or SYM) or they will better make no game at allJust short and sweet. About anything is awe full. I didn’t buy it. I played it at a friends house who’s really p**** off that he spent so much money for this waste of money and life time. I had a good laugh, cause I knew it would be that bad. Anyways. I hope nobody buys that game, so rather the next game will be either great again (since HCTP or SYM) or they will better make no game at all and save us from that soulless sh****. Expand
  28. Oct 23, 2019
    The game is not worth the money, I suggest if you’re a fan of the series you just skip this game. This game is almost a copy and paste of WWE 2K19 but worse, there are not enough new features to warrant spending any money on this game. The only redeeming features of this game are possible the 2K Showcase mode and 2K Originals. The Showcase mode is pretty mediocre and the 2K OriginalsThe game is not worth the money, I suggest if you’re a fan of the series you just skip this game. This game is almost a copy and paste of WWE 2K19 but worse, there are not enough new features to warrant spending any money on this game. The only redeeming features of this game are possible the 2K Showcase mode and 2K Originals. The Showcase mode is pretty mediocre and the 2K Originals aren’t enough to call this a whole new game. There are a few more areas to brawl in but none of them are very interactive and are very limited on what you can do. Next up the controls, the controls have been completely redone. They’re said to be simplified for newcomers but in fact they’re quite the opposite. This includes pressing 2 up to 3 buttons for a finisher now. The game at some points a a buggy unplayable mess and I do not suggest picking this title up. If you’re looking for a similar wrestling game although far from the best you’re better off buying WWE 2K19 Expand
  29. Oct 24, 2019
    If the Gaming Community had its own laws pricing this game at £50 is one of them. I'm a huge WWE Fan and let's just say this game is a complete buggy mess and they would need a recovery like No Man's sky did for it to be even playable. If you want to create a custom Superstar you will find the attire creation is buggy from Item colours being reset once you save them to. Might say oh that'sIf the Gaming Community had its own laws pricing this game at £50 is one of them. I'm a huge WWE Fan and let's just say this game is a complete buggy mess and they would need a recovery like No Man's sky did for it to be even playable. If you want to create a custom Superstar you will find the attire creation is buggy from Item colours being reset once you save them to. Might say oh that's it I wouldn't mind that being a problem well let's just say anything you create won't load in game. Whether it's in the online modes or Exhibition.

Now onto Gameplay from the ring physics breaking sometimes when the steps are in the ring to players just teleporting it's just a huge mess. Some moves look good but this game is only playable in the offline modes with no created content included which makes.me think this game was never ever tested at any point in time. So now we move onto online, there was a problem that Yikes took 2 Years to fix which was split matches which occured when you and your opponent or tag partner both went into different matches resulting in the split Match. With this game that is not back and as bad as ever. Usually spam moves are a thing where the moves are either impossible to counter or they give the person doing the move an advantage meaning you have wasted a counter. This is still a massive problem in this game.as for some reason moves in last year's game are now becoming spam moves, certain kicks give the person countering it a disadvantage when really you should have the advantage if you counter someone's move.
    This is one instance I have found with spam moves but looking at the state of the game I can honestly imagine there are a lot more. (PS most 2k19 spam moves are still spam moves in this year's game, the only differences are some are named differently) Soundtracks are named wrong, Jeff Hardy's song is called Evolution.

Gameplay in terms of getting players up from the ground is super slow which shouldn't be the case for this style of game. They removed all custom Arenas, Matches and entrances for the online game mode. You might be the type of person who gives John Cena a female entrance and get a bit of a laugh out of it with your mates, they removed this and the match loads straight Away when your playing online with a friend. Extreme Rule matches don't have Tables or Ladders No 24/7 Championship and also the Create a title feature isn't there on release.

In myplayer the graphics look awful and they flicker and it looks like PS3 graphics quite literally. Randy Savage just looks like a Homeless person I've heard the same is the case with John Cena but I haven't even dared to look yet.

The Controls did change this year and it's super easier to counter with Triangle and your player no longer flinches when you spam the Counter button.
    New finisher button is Square and X, it's preference but I'd prefer it if there was atleast an option to go back to older controls since they pushed a lot of new controls on us this year. Review Avoid at all costs Positives No flinching when trying to counter.
    This is legit the only positive from the game I can think off. Really disappointed this game was released in this way, it was just a money grab in my opinion
  30. Oct 23, 2019
    When you look at Twitter and see #FixWWE2K20 trending worldwide then you know a lot of things are wrong with this game. This teaches that games like this needs to be delayed and no need to get yearly wwe 2k releases if all are gonna turn like this one.
  31. Oct 24, 2019
    Game isn't even functional. The amount of bugs and glitches makes this an unplayable mess of a game. How dare anyone release a game in this state!

@ForbiddenSun even if it were to get patched no videogame studio should EVER release a game in this state
  32. Oct 24, 2019
    Should've been scrapped and skipped a year what a tragedy. Graphics have gone drastically backwards and is a complete buggy mess
  33. Dec 5, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I am aware of of the 2K/Yukes debacle, as well as the abhorrent communication structure of WWE2K's social media profile. While these won't be discussed here I highly recommend checking it out, WWE 2K knows how to unite a fanbase and to be honest the saga is much more interesting than the game itself.

I've been playing WWE/WWE 2K Games since 2003. WWE Smackdown Here Comes the Pain is in my top 5 video games of all time, with WWE 2K19 being the best release on the current generation of consoles I' it was easy to be hyped for 2K20. So much so that idiotically I ignored all the glaring signs this game was going to be terrible. The only positives I can say about WWE 2K20 over it's predecessor, (which I highly recommend) is that 8 man tags appear to run more fluidly on a base PS4 model and it has perhaps the greatest exclusive character of all time....Ribbie.....the mascot is a sight for sore eyes in this creatively devoid series.

For 6 long weeks I have tried to enjoy this game, but when the gameplay takes a step backwards, the collision detection is downright broken at launch and barely any better now, the universe mode being barely functional until patch 1.02 (and even then 2K19's ran more smoothly) and the features of WWE 2K20 such as the story mode, online play and core gameplay mechanics being inherently worse than years prior you get increasingly dejected. Paying $120 Canadian for a broken game unfit for beta has soured me on the series whilst my inner child weeps for something better.
  34. Oct 25, 2019
    While the creation suite and roster, much like previous games, are both great, it’s hard to really say that either of that matters when everything else is either worse in every way, or not improved in any shape or form, making this the weakest wrestling game in recent memory, and one to skip since it’s just plain worse.
  35. Nov 2, 2019
    Dont buy it!! Worst wrestling game ever, don't waste your time buying the game!
  36. Oct 24, 2019
    The game have zero redeeming qualities.
    - horrible graphics.
    - extremely bad programming.
    - can't move two steps without a glitch. - hit detection does not exist. - physics are a myth. - notable wrestlers missing.

I already requested a refund. And strongly advise every wrestling fan to stare away of it.
  37. Oct 31, 2019
    Releasing this broken game is just unacceptable.
    We don't need patches, we just need a finished product. Garbage...
  38. Oct 24, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Its buggy, far worst than Fallout. Clipping overwhelming ropes somehow stick with you after u bounce off em. Expand
  39. Oct 22, 2019
    Lost money, the worst WWE game in years. The only way to solve it is by throwing a patch that makes the game from 0.
  40. Oct 22, 2019
    Please, what game crap did they just throw? The fighters don't look anything like that, they have a stupid face with crossed eyes, the story in career mode is insufficient, without grace, and worst of all are the constant failures while one fights, objects that disappear, characters that have strange movements as if they had a demon inside. The people of "2K" are doing a terrifying job,Please, what game crap did they just throw? The fighters don't look anything like that, they have a stupid face with crossed eyes, the story in career mode is insufficient, without grace, and worst of all are the constant failures while one fights, objects that disappear, characters that have strange movements as if they had a demon inside. The people of "2K" are doing a terrifying job, but the "THQ" team did everything perfectly, they already know who the good ones are and who the bad ones are. Expand
  41. Oct 23, 2019
    The career mode is good but there too much glitch and people are not happy of it because the pay wwe2k20 with expensive price but it a broken game that cost priceless
  42. Oct 23, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Game is trash, about 10 pounds of monkey crap stuffed in a 5 pound bag!!!!! Expand
  43. Oct 23, 2019
    Worst wwe game in terms of EVERY ASPECT. Its meant to let you have a fun time. These are the most hateful things in the game
    - RESILIENCY does not work, how the hell are we supposed to tap triangle. Lost matches just because of that.
    - In triple threat or fatal 4 way, sometimes you get stuck rolling out when beaten badly and for some **** reason you keep rolling and never get out. Fuk this game
    - MOST ANNOYING IS THE CRASH OF THE GAME ITSELF. JUST KEEPS CRASHING AND CRASHING AND SO ON.
  44. Oct 24, 2019
    This game is a disaster. It should not have been released in its current state. The game was very clearly rushed out and has suffered severely because of it.

Some wrestlers are broken beyond anything I've seen in any other game, whether it's their hair, their attire, their entrances, or their movesets. Some examples include Erick Rowan and Trent Seven sometimes appearing without beards. Adam Cole enters without kneepads. Becky Lynch's Backlash '17 attire is beyond Assassin's Creed: Unity levels of broken.

The physics are off, and hit detection is all over the place. The controls feel clunky. It just doesn't operate like any other wrestling game I own (and that's not a good thing).

The game has crashed on me multiple times. It feels very unstable in general, like I could get an error message at any time and lose my progress.

The story mode is corny and looks graphically subpar for a current gen game. Create a Championship mode has been removed (although it has been said that it will be patched in later). The image uploader is broken, as it won't let you download your uploaded images onto your local storage. I struggle thinking of positive points about this game. Radio silence from 2K regarding a patch is also not promising.

Having owned every WWE 2K game, this one comes off as the most disappointing, especially given how good 2K19 was. 2K20 is just another broken game to add to the pile of broken games that have come out this year. What makes it worse though is the lack of communication between the developers and the public. The complaints are overwhelming and WWE 2K's social media presence, it seems, is more concerned with promoting tournaments than addressing the glaring issues in this game.

DUD/10
  45. Oct 24, 2019
    Fill of glitches, no innovations, basically 2K19 in worse, PS2 graphics!
    Don’t buy it even on discount!
  46. Oct 24, 2019
    While the Career mode is quite fun in my opinion, the game is incredibly broken, with some of these bugs making you legitimately unable to play. Two I can think of are when in universe mode I spawned into a match with one character being invisible in the cutscene (like what occasionally happened in 2k19) and when the match continued the character invisible in the cutscene did not appear atWhile the Career mode is quite fun in my opinion, the game is incredibly broken, with some of these bugs making you legitimately unable to play. Two I can think of are when in universe mode I spawned into a match with one character being invisible in the cutscene (like what occasionally happened in 2k19) and when the match continued the character invisible in the cutscene did not appear at all (which did not ever happen to me in 2k19) When going into controller select, there was the one guy who did actually spawn, then just a line of unselectable Andre the Giants.The other one is an infinite loading screen if I tried to create an entrance with a superstar who had any logo on them. Couple that with the targeting system that was somehow made even worse and I believe it is safe to say that this may be the worst wrestling game I have played. If you are planning on getting this, I would recommend to reconsider. Expand
  47. Oct 24, 2019
    Broken game. Glitchy, crashes constantly, CAW problems, and overall pretty unplayable. Can’t believe they released the game in this state. I’m not touching it again until they release a patch. Don’t waste your money.
  48. Oct 25, 2019
    I'm willing to give a bit of leeway due to Yukes leaving and 2K basically having to build the game from the ground up again, but I honestly would have preferred they delayed the game or just didn't release it rather than giving us this buggy game that doesn't load most of the modes and crashes the ones that do load. Showcase mode is my favourite mode this year by default because it's theI'm willing to give a bit of leeway due to Yukes leaving and 2K basically having to build the game from the ground up again, but I honestly would have preferred they delayed the game or just didn't release it rather than giving us this buggy game that doesn't load most of the modes and crashes the ones that do load. Showcase mode is my favourite mode this year by default because it's the only play mode that loaded. MyCareer loaded once, and even then it was only the first match before it stopped loading again, other than that every time I open up MyCareer, I'm stuck on a loading screen for 20 minutes before I inevitably just close the game.

I learned that through a little bit of trickery it's possible to remove Mankind's mask and that all of Cactus Jack's attire is in the game. Problem? Cactus Jack isn't allowed to be from anywhere because anytime I try to choose his hometown the game immediately crashes. I tried to make Dude Love, but the game crashed on the very first clothing option. I tried to make sure Cactus Jack's entrance was right and create an entrance wouldn't load.

Simple matches won't load. Nothing works. This patch that's supposed to be coming out had better cause a miracle, because otherwise there's no saving this game.
  49. Oct 26, 2019
    A woeful game. They said they tried to make the controls more beginner friendly, but they made them worse for beginners. It's glitchy. They still can't get hair physics right after all these years. Shocking. Some backstage parts in the career - and I'm not exaggerating - look like a PS2 game. The models in the game that haven't been face scanned just look so incredibly bad. Surely theA woeful game. They said they tried to make the controls more beginner friendly, but they made them worse for beginners. It's glitchy. They still can't get hair physics right after all these years. Shocking. Some backstage parts in the career - and I'm not exaggerating - look like a PS2 game. The models in the game that haven't been face scanned just look so incredibly bad. Surely the worst graphics I've seen on a high budget PS4 title. WWE should end their partnership with 2K as year after year they are putting out absolute trash. This is the final straw and I will not buy another 2K WWE game. New developers needed to freshen it up. Expand
  50. Oct 28, 2019
    Glitchy game!!! Don't waste you money!!! I regret buying this game. 2K just ruins everything! They just care about their money.
  51. Oct 22, 2019
    This game is atrocious. Gameplay and graphics have gone backwards, bugs and glitches everywhere, absolutely pathetic. 2K needs to actually innovate and not just take the piss.
  52. Oct 22, 2019
    As someone that has played wrestling games since the early days of the N64 and a constant supporter of the WWE 2K series, this is by far one of the worst wrestling games I've ever played. As of this writing, the game is inherently broken and suffers from these glitches, bugs, and removed features below, from a list I found compiled online. I will update this review when these bugs areAs someone that has played wrestling games since the early days of the N64 and a constant supporter of the WWE 2K series, this is by far one of the worst wrestling games I've ever played. As of this writing, the game is inherently broken and suffers from these glitches, bugs, and removed features below, from a list I found compiled online. I will update this review when these bugs are fixed:

Images can be uploaded using the online image uploader, but the images cannot be downloaded once in-game.

Universe divisions are glitched. They may not save.

Loading screen for Matches and Create an entrance mode get caught in a seemingly infinite loop when using a superstar with custom logos

Can't switch between partners on the fly anymore. No known workaround.

Adding a superstar to a division in Universe takes away another superstar, seems to be the last ranked one.

Rowan's beard doesn't appear at times

Managers multiply at times. Seen here.

Hair dye reverts after saving

The "Resiliency" perk refuses to activate

Can't download alt Hogan attires from Community Creations due to "not having the proper DLC", despite owning the DLC

Some users experiencing a glitch where all CAWs start a match with zero stamina and red health

Some users are having issues not being able to control their characters for the first ten seconds of the match

After buying Curtis Axel's beard item in MyCareer, all of one user's unlocked facial hairs only showed up pink in cutscenes and matches, no matter what.

Adam Cole enters without kneepads, but they magically appear when the match starts.

Create moveset: many of the animations are broken during preview. Catching finishers, table finishers, ect. Defending champion animation's have them doing magic tricks and clipping belt through body..

Participants in tag matches on the apron for some reason are holding nothing instead of the rope at times..

Hair floats off of superstars at points.

Billie Kay has Zelina Vega's moveset.

Advanced Create An Entrance won't let you save.

Day 1 patch removed the shirt and boas from Hogan's entrance

Tomasso Ciampa doesn’t have a pre-set strong running grapple and if you try to practice with that non existent it crashes the game.

The ref starts counting someone out if they are thrown over the top rope but stay dazed on the hardest part of the ring.

The audience audio during 2K showcase randomly cuts out between cut scenes.

Showcase bug where the objective is to Irish Whip Natalya into the turnbuckle and despite doing it multiple times, it's not counted..

Online tag matches sometimes turn into a 3 v 1 when your partner is somehow automatically teamed up with your opponents. Certain superstars are getting stuck frozen in their "comeback" animation. Downloading CAWs from Community Creations causes their names to change to a CAW you already have on system. Multiple reports of random game freezes. X-Pac isn't unlocking with the Accelerator for some people. Certain creation items are locked behind playing MyCareer. The Hardy's music is listed under "Evolution". On the champions page in Universe mode, every slot is just Kofi as WWE champion.. No champions are entering with their titles in Universe mode. Face scans are pretty messed up. Creating alternate attires results in a weird shadow overlay on characters. Belts don't appear on larger body types, get clipped inside the character. CAWs being imported into an existing universe mode lose their moveset and overall rating. Luke Harper's theme is a 3 second loop that starts over and over. The Shield group entrance floats over lava when entering the "hell" arena. Multiple cases of hair and clothing stretching to max resolution. Removed Features: The "random superstar" button has been removed. Can't switch to and control your tag partner anymore. Can't change the color of face paint anymore. Post match Elimination Chamber celebrations are gone. You can no longer have mixed gender stables. The option for "Superstar Head Height" has been removed, head width remains. The ability to view entrances during an online match is gone. No using MyCareer arenas online. You can now only have one ladder during a TLC match as opposed to the old 3 or 4. You aren't able to use any created arenas during online play. No custom matches for online gameplay. Create A Championship, despite being in since 2K15, "will be patched in" later on
  53. Oct 22, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Its the worst WWE Game. Bug after bug, downgrade in graphics, disappear wrestlers like Jericho, Dean Ambrose, Batista (WM 26) and others. Bad animations, bad music (WWE SVR 2007 is awesame, not that **** ¿Where is Crown Jewel 2018 Arena? ¿Its a lot of work? WWE 2K15 has better graphics, better 2k Showcase, better roster (RVD, CM Punk, Sting(Current), Hollywood Hogan). This game has flaws in the **** menu of career mode, the same like last year. Always announcing the **** season pass and showing nothing until the end to see this **** game **** that is worse than an Alpha game and that does not innovate at all, but goes back. Why approve a game that goes back according to the previous one that was already bad? Where is the Smackdown vs. Raw 2007 or the Here comes the pain Where ?. My grade is 0. Expand
  54. Oct 22, 2019
  55. Oct 23, 2019
    This game is the worst WWE game to date. The graphics are beyond horrible. Usually, cutscene graphics are better than gameplay graphics, but somehow the cutscene graphics look even worse. It looks like a PS2 game. The hair physics are garbage. The physics in general are garbage. Despite the bad physics, the game somehow manages to have input lag. The gameplay is slow and boring.

The

The story is melodramatic trash. The voice acting is awful. There are no ambient sounds when the characters are in the city. The roster is complete garbage. There so many unknown and boring wrestlers. Some of the popular wrestlers don't even look like their real life counterparts. The Rock looks like Maven, John Cena looks Asian, and Molly Holly looks like a created wrestler. The new control scheme is tedious and stupid. There are too many bugs and glitches.

I don't recommend this game at all, even if you are a diehard wrestling fan. This game lacks the AAA quality to justify the $60 price tag. Even a PS2 game like Smackdown vs RAW 2006 has better facial models than this so-called PS4 game. John Cena and The Rock actually look more accurate in PS2 games than this poor excuse of a PS4 game.
  56. Oct 23, 2019
    Aew!!!! Aew!!!! Aew!!!! Aew!!!! Aew!!!! Aew!!!! Aew!!!! Aew!!!! Aew!!!! Aew!!!!
  57. Oct 23, 2019
    You'll get the usual WWE 2k experience in this game. However it's mixed in with a ton of glitches and crashes that make it extremely frustrating to play. There is enjoyment to be had, but you need to look past all the ridiculousness that surrouds it. The roster is decent, however there are so many names that got left out that have been in previous games. This game feels unfinished and withYou'll get the usual WWE 2k experience in this game. However it's mixed in with a ton of glitches and crashes that make it extremely frustrating to play. There is enjoyment to be had, but you need to look past all the ridiculousness that surrouds it. The roster is decent, however there are so many names that got left out that have been in previous games. This game feels unfinished and with 2k's track record of patching and updating the WWE games, it seems unlikely this game will improve all that much. Expand
  58. Oct 22, 2019
    The story in MyCareer is awesome. There are a lot of glitches in gameplay that I hope they patch. The cutscenes for MyCareer that I've seen so far have had glitching with hair. Graphics have taken a step down but the sweat is much more visible on the characters during the matches which is pretty cool. I haven't tried the 2k originals yet since the pre-order bonus wasn't available atThe story in MyCareer is awesome. There are a lot of glitches in gameplay that I hope they patch. The cutscenes for MyCareer that I've seen so far have had glitching with hair. Graphics have taken a step down but the sweat is much more visible on the characters during the matches which is pretty cool. I haven't tried the 2k originals yet since the pre-order bonus wasn't available at launch. I'm hoping that Visual Concepts can use this time between this release and the next to improve on what they had problems with. Expand
  59. Oct 22, 2019
    I think people are being way too harsh on this game considering. Yuke's bailed in the middle of production and left them to recode the entire game from scratch. No it isn't perfect, hence an 8 instead of a 9 or even 10. But it's very good for a game that was created on such short notice.
  60. Oct 22, 2019
    WWE 2K20 Is so fun to play I played about 6 matches and every match I find a different thing to interest me more from the more intelligent AI that makes a fun match to the new controls which aren't bad as people say to the showcase and of course the awesome mycareer. Although it has so glitches but nothing that can't be fixed by a patch. So people just enjoy the game and don't listen toWWE 2K20 Is so fun to play I played about 6 matches and every match I find a different thing to interest me more from the more intelligent AI that makes a fun match to the new controls which aren't bad as people say to the showcase and of course the awesome mycareer. Although it has so glitches but nothing that can't be fixed by a patch. So people just enjoy the game and don't listen to all the negative reviews Expand
  61. Oct 23, 2019
    F the haters. This game is still fun. And it’s gonna be patched. Yukes left them high and dry. I feel bad for the developers at 2k. Next years will be better with a year under their belt and a long lead time, but this game is still fun as well! You can’t help but chuckle at some of the glitches
  62. Nov 9, 2019
    The reviews tell the story really for what looks and sounds like a dire offering from 2K. And you gamers aren’t liking it either. And to be honest I wouldn’t play it even if someone gave me a copy. Why do they make games like this, such poor gameplay, glitches I’ve read about that are beyond a joke. Truly awful and I’m glad I haven’t fell for it. 2K games should be offering refunds andThe reviews tell the story really for what looks and sounds like a dire offering from 2K. And you gamers aren’t liking it either. And to be honest I wouldn’t play it even if someone gave me a copy. Why do they make games like this, such poor gameplay, glitches I’ve read about that are beyond a joke. Truly awful and I’m glad I haven’t fell for it. 2K games should be offering refunds and remove the game from sale and start again. Absolutely terrible and I feel for anyone who has a copy and can’t play or get a refund. Expand
  63. Nov 9, 2019
    the game is so buggy, i did not expect visual concepts the one who assisted yuke to make wwe 2k for years to destroy the series with thier first wwe 2k
  64. Oct 22, 2019
    I picked up the Deluxe Edition of the game and I was a bit worried because there has been so much bad reviews about it's graphics and bugs. I personally played it last night and had fun. Sure there are improvements needed, like some glitches and bugs, the graphics aren't super top notch, but neither are some sports games. It's supposed to be fun, and hopefully with some future patches toI picked up the Deluxe Edition of the game and I was a bit worried because there has been so much bad reviews about it's graphics and bugs. I personally played it last night and had fun. Sure there are improvements needed, like some glitches and bugs, the graphics aren't super top notch, but neither are some sports games. It's supposed to be fun, and hopefully with some future patches to correct the bugs, I think this game could be a solid entry. I play WWE 2k games for fun, and this one feels more of the same like 2k19, not in a bad way. Expand
  65. Oct 23, 2019
    Wwe 2K20 is best game of wwe 2k games
    Roster of game is very big and the new modes is lot of funny
  66. Oct 23, 2019
    Good game of wrestling
    Graphics are good
    My career mode is awesome
    Big roster
    Well play the game and have some fun
  67. Oct 25, 2019
    This games is not as bad as I thought My Career mode is really fun gameplays not too bad never and I've no glitches neither. I have not play the Showcase mode yet tho.
  68. Oct 26, 2019
    You can still have fun with this game if you don't care about some annoying gliches ,the new controls aren't so bad , the game need to be patched to evict more problems. Overall it's a fun game with annoying bugs and a new controls system, it's a normal game
  69. Oct 28, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. El juego yo creo q puede ponerse mejor con alguna mejora por parte de 2k games Expand
  70. Feb 13, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. For those who did say it the game is awesome. However there is 1 thing I strongly dislike about the wwe 2k20 game and that is the boots. When you go to create a superstar a lot of the wrestling boots dont have a solid bottom you can see right through them so finding a pair of boots to wear is hard and some of the boots that have this problem I wanted t km use on some of my superstars Expand
  71. May 1, 2020
    I really can't stop playing this game, I bought it before I was aware of all the glitches. So far, I haven't seen that many, with WWE 2k18 as well, I can say, without a doubt, this game works perfectly fine, and is quite a bit better than other games I have played that have a higher rating. My only gripe would be the DLC content, it really gets on my nerves to look at these items ofI really can't stop playing this game, I bought it before I was aware of all the glitches. So far, I haven't seen that many, with WWE 2k18 as well, I can say, without a doubt, this game works perfectly fine, and is quite a bit better than other games I have played that have a higher rating. My only gripe would be the DLC content, it really gets on my nerves to look at these items of which I cannot use. Then there are items that require a lot of time and effort to get Expand
  72. Oct 26, 2019
    Programmers put zero extra effort needed to at least ship a playable game. Big mistake merging 2k18 and 2k19 code. Clearly a grudge was had by all but never learned exactly why. Level art and tech art consisted of almost all really b-team people. Way behind, very poor judgement, and almost zero direction. Animators up north knew nothing but animating. Yukes did everything else previously.Programmers put zero extra effort needed to at least ship a playable game. Big mistake merging 2k18 and 2k19 code. Clearly a grudge was had by all but never learned exactly why. Level art and tech art consisted of almost all really b-team people. Way behind, very poor judgement, and almost zero direction. Animators up north knew nothing but animating. Yukes did everything else previously. The leadership was almost non-existent. The few producers on the game clearly knew nothing about leadership and were only at LA office part of the time. The code base from Yukes showed an old game engine with some clever work layered with patch fixes and replacement functions done for seemingly the sake of competition. This made reverse engineering everything that much more difficult. All art and related pipeline before WWE2k20 needed to be ported from an obsolete version of 3d StudioMax10 to latest Maya. Porting just the simple models was taking over a year and a half for one clearly over their head. I've never witnessed such a bad situation. The only thing that surprises me on all of this is how did the publishers let this get this bad? How did they have no competent people to realize this was going the wrong direction? Expand
  73. Nov 12, 2019
    This game is a complete **** It's a dirty insult to the gamers who have bought this series. Apparently the publisher hasn't even tested it before release. It's too bad that my money was spent on this kind of garbage game. If there is a person in charge of this game in front of me, I want to throw the game case on my face Your money is precious. Don't donate to poop games.
  74. Apr 15, 2020
    Awful game. Glitchy as hell, extremely ugly models, completely changed control scheme with no ability to map your controls. It's no wonder 2K21 was cancelled. This game is an embarrassment.
  75. Feb 29, 2020
    (Previously, I have not played a wrestling game since WWF No Mercy for Nintendo 64) and find this game pretty fun, it is by no means perfect, and stuff like the referee taking a whole second to get into position to count, the weird as hell hair physics, wrestling attire clipping in your body, and rope clipping are very very bizarre things that should have been fixed prior to release.

It

It is average at best, but atleast doesn't force you to buy dlc for character(s), as the community download section offers a lot of things to add on to your game.

At the very least, consider getting this physically on sale, or used, but do NOT get this new or deluxe at all.
  76. Oct 26, 2019
    Tem um pouco de jogo nesse monte de bugs. É, com certeza, o pior jogo do ano. XD
  77. Oct 29, 2019
    Best Glitch simulator ........ a must !!

Good job 2K .. keep the hard work
  78. Oct 27, 2019
    WWE 2K20 is a broken game. While people defending this game by giving it a higher score 8,9 and 10. They might be the ones that have bought the $60 game and doesn't want to admit that a waste $60 on it. They are encouraging gamers to play and buy a broken game. Once again this game is broken. The Control sucks, the graphics is a downgrade, even though my career is Improvement, the writingWWE 2K20 is a broken game. While people defending this game by giving it a higher score 8,9 and 10. They might be the ones that have bought the $60 game and doesn't want to admit that a waste $60 on it. They are encouraging gamers to play and buy a broken game. Once again this game is broken. The Control sucks, the graphics is a downgrade, even though my career is Improvement, the writing of mycareer is just too corny and cringy. And the number one thing about this game is of course it's glitches and crashes. Instead of not releasing the game this year and focus on the game more and release it next year. 2K decides to release the game, that it's not finish and Patch the game later. This is just ridiculous. If I was you do not buy this game. Do not waste your $60 on this game. In conclusion WWE 2K20 is by far the worst wrestling game this generation. And maybe the worst wrestling game of all time. Next time 2K, don't rush your game. finish it Expand
  79. Dec 27, 2019
    What a let-down. I usually try to be positive in a game, even if it hits and misses on nearly all accounts. This however is the very much protruding exception. As an avid fan of the 2k WWE games I am in a very heartfelt way disappointed. I wanted this to be the big achievement, the grandeur of the collection, the pinnacle in the franchise. Instead we got much the opposite. This is a gameWhat a let-down. I usually try to be positive in a game, even if it hits and misses on nearly all accounts. This however is the very much protruding exception. As an avid fan of the 2k WWE games I am in a very heartfelt way disappointed. I wanted this to be the big achievement, the grandeur of the collection, the pinnacle in the franchise. Instead we got much the opposite. This is a game that not only shipped with glitches galore, but altered constants for the sake of “Streamlining”.

After hearing the news and reviews of this game, and how negativity was much the impression, I decided to see for myself. Bad move? Depends how you look at it. The game functions, but that is about as positive as it gets. Most of what works is similar if not the same as last year’s game (Which I praise well). Most of the modes like Universe is the same. It really seems like a repeat of 2k18 being the same as 2k17, just much worse.

I’ll overlook the glitches as its quite obvious why you would give negativity for something like that. Instead I’ll look at the game at its core. The controls for starters. Who in their right mind thought “Oh I know what would be great, if we change the controls to be different and not really work for the sakes of streamlining”. Why? The controls worked, they were fine, they didn’t need changing. We used them for so long it became a brain ache when learning a new scheme for something we would usually have done with ease.

Besides the controls, it was the little things that have dampened my enjoyability with the game. The lack of too late or too early prompts with reversals. How the menus in create a superstar start back at the top when you back out from a sub section. The overall look of the menu design seems crude and rushed, 2k19 had a nice seamless design.

In conclusion, I really am annoyed. How has a franchise that has had its teething problems but was on a steady climb fallen so far? It’s a shame as this was one franchise I have consistently bought since 2k took over. Maybe I’ll sit out for the next couple of years, or look to see if other developers are making wrestling games. If this is what we get after being loyal for so long, maybe it’s time I put this franchise to rest. For good.
  80. Dec 1, 2019
    In a world where user scores and critic reviews are at constant war with each other, a christmas miracle occurred. Everyone is at love and peace thanks to our Santa Claus, WWE 2K20, for bringing love, peace and harmony back to the review-verse as they all universally s*** on this garbage video game.
  81. Oct 28, 2019
    Downgraded graphics, long loading times, features continue to be removed, while the gameplay continues to step backwards. This was a horrible release for any WWE game in quite a while and I am extremely disappointed in it. WWE games are usually one of my go-to games, but after 30 minutes of this hell, I am not sure how often I can repeatedly go back to that game.
  82. Nov 9, 2019
    Esta saga esta de capa caída, está igual de mal que el programa de televisión, siempre lo mismo llevan con los mismos gráficos y bugs desde ps3
  83. Nov 2, 2019
    After the patch 2K20 has improved a bit yet not enough. In my opinion if they did one more big patch, the game would actually be playable.
  84. Oct 29, 2019
    Filled with glitches, awful lag on multi-player and constant crashes. Did the devs even test this game??
  85. Oct 28, 2019
    Terrible. One of the worst releases for a game I have seen in my entire life. This game is half baked and riddled with performance issues. DO NOT BUY.
  86. Nov 6, 2019
    HAhaHAhaHAhaHAhaHAhaHAhaHAhaHAhaHAhaHAhaHAhaHAhaHAhaHAhaHAhaHAhaHAhaHAhaHAhaHAhaHAhaHAhaHAhaHAhaHAha
  87. Nov 3, 2019
    Graphics are absolutely not for this generation (superstars appearance)
    2K still have chance to fix all this by updates. But for now this game dissent deserve
  88. Oct 24, 2019
    A broken, buggy mess of a game. 2K19 felt like the yearly franchise had finally found it's feet after years of criticism (by no means perfect but certainly a few steps forward), however 2K20 has taken 10 giant leaps backwards. From the copious amounts of glitches, horrible graphics, to the lousy new gameplay controls. Save your money on something better than this mess. Ignore anyone whoA broken, buggy mess of a game. 2K19 felt like the yearly franchise had finally found it's feet after years of criticism (by no means perfect but certainly a few steps forward), however 2K20 has taken 10 giant leaps backwards. From the copious amounts of glitches, horrible graphics, to the lousy new gameplay controls. Save your money on something better than this mess. Ignore anyone who tells you it's good, they probably work for 2K! Expand
  89. Oct 24, 2019
    So bad .try playing with my heart .but Is broken all ways ...BD abad badbadnadbabdbabsbsbabdndnnbadbdbsdb
  90. Oct 25, 2019
    Everything Is fine. All the stuff people have shown videos of what's happening in WWE2K20 none of that has happened to me when I play it. I just can't play as my created character and can't use my custom Arena. But everything is fine
  91. Oct 26, 2019
    i have seen better graphics from wwe shut your mouth and the thing i don't get is how they make the game every year less playable and the worst part is that i love wwe so much but their shows in real life are bad so the only connection between me and wwe now is their games and now their games are bad like their shows
  92. Oct 27, 2019
    It’s completely broken with numerous glitches and full crashes. Looks worse than previous versions, plays worse than previous versions. It damages the reputation of both 2K and WWE. My view is the game should be withdrawn from sale until/unless fixed. Anyone who has bought it deserves a refund.
  93. Oct 27, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I can’t determine the amount of glitch liability counted throughout the game, the MYCAREER is an overbearing bore fest with little to be entertained other than the performances of the Velveteen Dream and Samoa Joe. The game sonically runs terribly, graphics can be depicted as an oversight from SmackDown vs Raw 2008, and has the PC in any form of exhibition, run at you. The reversals have also been snubbed upon as I’m a casual like gamer, turning the difficulty level down a notch but continues to play as you unsaved your settings and reverts to an even more devastating challenge to play through. The move sets have been edited terribly. Billie Kay having Zelina Vega’s default moves, the LACK of moves, and the production of the moves. Appear as if the comparison to an old ‘SmackDown vs Raw’ game tailors with it’s sped up animation and it’s horrendous points from a designated standpoint in 2019. The game also copies and pastes Universe Mode from last year’s terrible representation of what WWE 2K17 and WWE 2K18 had brung. And even spoils the quality of the sound regimen of a show load, playing the theme song for a show, but in Play turns the volume off as it’s delicate entertainment while a match is loading. 2K showcase offers one of the most mind numbly boring experiences the game has to offer, as the acting and the documentary representation is SO LOW ENERGY. The gameplay as stated doesn’t have the ability to adjust whatever the hell they were trying to build. Honestly, it doesn’t feel finished, it feels as if it’s in its quarter of development. The blood and sweat in a match do seem to entice the realism but with the unmatched controls which had changed for a worsen simulation mechanic, gathered with the god awful gameplay. Gives me NO CHANCE IN HELLLL. To buy or yet preorder another game from 2K. As I spent $95 of hard earned money to receive the bare minimum of what ‘development’ really fortunes........Also with the likes of me preordering the game. I was to receive ‘The Fiend, Bray Wyatt’ but IT’S NOT AVAILABLE DUE TO BUG REINFORCEMENTS THE SAME REASON CREATE A CHAMPIONSHIP WAS REMOVED...

0.54721/10
  94. Oct 27, 2019
    Los graficos parecen de ps2, maisimas cinematicas, WWBUGS 2K20 es un juego que no vale la pena tener ni regalado, mas de lo mismo y mala experiencia es lo que te llevaras
  95. Oct 28, 2019
    Injugable llena de bugs todo el juego es un bug a 70 dolares no vale la pena ni pensar en comprarlo
  96. Oct 28, 2019
    This is THE WORST GAME EVER OUT OF ALL THE WWE GAMES!!!!THEY SHOULD HAVE LEFT THE GAME CONTROLS THE WAY THEY ARE!! GLITCHES AND ALL IS TERRIBLE I WOULD RATHER PLAY SMACKDOWN HERE COMES THE PAIN INSTEAD OF THIS..I WANT A REFUND!!!
  97. Nov 3, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have not played the game yet ok so even though I'm giving this game a 5 is because they are fixing it so if it's a good patch I will give it an 8 but come on guys are you really going to bash on this game because of the glitchs this game has cause the rest of the games have glitchs and career does not look that bad so come on guys if they fix it and the patch is good give this game another shot and if you have already posted your score for this game change it if you think the patch helped a lot Expand
  98. Nov 3, 2019
    I've been a fan of WWE games since Smackdown HCTP came out. Every year the developers were focused on making the game better and to surprise the fans (mostly in a good way). Once 2K took over the series and released WWE 2K14, it was quite a good start for the game series. Then WWE 2K15 on the next gen (PS4/XBOX ONE) was not so good - weird graphic (but title belts looked much better andI've been a fan of WWE games since Smackdown HCTP came out. Every year the developers were focused on making the game better and to surprise the fans (mostly in a good way). Once 2K took over the series and released WWE 2K14, it was quite a good start for the game series. Then WWE 2K15 on the next gen (PS4/XBOX ONE) was not so good - weird graphic (but title belts looked much better and hair motions was added), though the roster was very small.

Since WWE 2K15, 2K has presented a lot of improvements. Every year the game was getting better and you could se a difference while playing a new edition.

WWE 2K20 was supposed to be an apogee of what WWE 2K has done so far. In fact what we see: the marketing strategy changes a lot and the roster is being revealed on Twitter (and also one 9 min short video with 1/5 of the entire roster being announced) just 2-3 weeks prior to the game release. The graphics feels extremely downgraded (it seems like you are playing WWE 2K15 PART II). Officially, Visual Concepts took over the graphics, letting Yukes go, which influenced the overall perception of the whole game. The amount of glitches is enormous. Even first 5 GB patch did not fix it.

From my point of you, the things that 2K messed up this year:

1) graphics (even '18 and '19 graphics looked much better. You can easily find the comparison on YouTube and see the difference);

2) the showcase (the idea of showcase itself is nice, but why would you call it "Women's Evolution" and put only matches from the last 4-5 years? Just call it "4 Horsewomen" or "Evolution of 4 Horsewomen"). I feel sorry that some great women's matches were omitted and 2k presented it the way there was no women's wrestling before 4HW (no Chyna, Trish, Molly, Victoria, Jazz, Gail, Lita, Ivory, Michelle McCool, Beth etc).

3) 2K originals DLC (deciding to stop releasing classic DLC packs with some Legends (mainly HOF class) and breakout NXT stars and to make fictional wrestling universe with some zombies and magical stuff is not something WWE 2k series fans were expecting. Probably this was done to attract new players and the youngest fans, but still it is not something really funny, Many people call wrestling fake and now you can find "Frankenstrowman", "Pilgrim" Rusev and "The Swampfather" Bray Wyatt, which is absolutely cringed. I tried to play the first 2K originals pack "Bump in the night" just because it was a bonus and I did not have to pay for it. How does it feel? Basically, just themed 2K towers where you can unlock horror-like stuff).

4) roster (funny enough there is no NXT UK show in WWE Universe! NXT UK Women's title? Nope. NXT UK Tag Team titles? Nope. WALTER is in (as he is the current NXT UK champion)? Nope. Maybe Kay Lee Ray made it (as the current NXT UK Women's champion)? Nope. Standard NXT UK arena? NO! The only things you have are NXT UK title, 4 new NXT UK wrestlers (8 in total) and NXT UK Takeover arena. It would be smart to make NXT UK DLC pack, right? With the titles missing, some wrestlers and arenas? Well... this year only fictional universe and features that make you cringe. Also, there are some serious omissions when it comes to the roster. Some models of current Superstars were just copied and pasted: Johnny Gargano, for example. Lita has the same model for already 5 years (since WWE 2k16). You can find much more examples).

5) the game is already outdated (some gimmicks, themes, RAW and Smackdown arenas - it is already outdated at the release date).

6) glitches (there are so many glitches, that I decided to write this review. While playing Universe Mode, the game decided to give US title to Becky (no idea how it is even possible), delete some tag teams and change the rivalries the way it wants. While checking YouTube, you can find long compilations with some spotted glitches).

I bought this game only because it is a tradition for me. I have been buying each WWE game since HCTP and, of course I could not miss a new release. Everything I wrote in this review is only my perception of the game.

If you are a new player and you would like to try WWE games, check WWE 2k19.

If you are an old fan of the series and pissed off about this year game, then welcome to the club :)
  99. Jul 16, 2020
    Full of bugs and errors, stick with 2k19 instead cause thats the last games from the series that still playable and good.

Generally unfavorable reviews - based on 29 Critic Reviews

1. Jan 23, 2020
    Even though at this point many of the tragic problems the game had at its release have been addressed, WWE 2K20 is a shadow of the former games of the series, and only capable of delivering some fun only to the most avid fans of the franchise.
  2. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Dec 17, 2019
    Patches may rescue this to some degree. For now, it’s an unfinished game which should remain unpurchased by your wallet. [Issue#170, p.86]
  3. Dec 2, 2019
    With the news that WWE games will take a new route regarding the development of their games, we were all skeptical about the future result. Sadly, with the game out now, it is much worse.