5.5

1. Sep 2, 2015
    I like indies. I do not have any problem with indies. In fact, I want to encourage indie game developers by buying their games. Indie games are a huge opportunity to give a chance to fresh ideas without the support of mainstream game developer companies that controls financial power in gaming industry.

But here is the point. Personally, I request FRESH-NEW- ORIGINAL ideas from indie game developers. and I think it is my right to demand it. With getting an indie game, I am voluntarily ready to see 25 years old pixel graphics, listen retro soundtracks or **** effects. The only thing I requested is an original game-play that has some kind of creativity. That's all !!!

I am tired of mainstream game developers because of copy paste FPS games with shallow scenarios and shiny graphics. Now indie game producers are doing the SAME THING. At the moment 2D INDIE!!!! SHOOTER-PLATFORMER producers do not have any original idea but just copying same game-play over and over again with different environments. XEODRIFTER is a perfect example of these inflated copy-paste indie platformers that you can find in Playstore. I love indies but sorry, I am waiting more than METROID copies from indie producers, otherwise what is the point of producing indie games? If they will develop games with mainstream studios mentality, what is indie (independent) about these games? Sorry, I am taking this, even for free.

PS: I am 32 years old and did not see that much similar platformers even in 90s.
  2. Sep 11, 2015
    PS+ September 2015

Probably the worst indie title to stain the PS store yet.

2D ugly looking basic platformer, repetitive and empty in both character and playability.

Really poor. Don't bother
  3. May 25, 2016
    It's like megaman....if it used terrible overly pixelated graphics that make it hard to distinguish anything, if you fought the same 3 guys the entire level (some requiring 15 shots to kill), had no saves during entire planets, gave you no health at all during the level, and forced you to replay entire 10 min segments due to lack of saves and not a single enemy dropping health......so aIt's like megaman....if it used terrible overly pixelated graphics that make it hard to distinguish anything, if you fought the same 3 guys the entire level (some requiring 15 shots to kill), had no saves during entire planets, gave you no health at all during the level, and forced you to replay entire 10 min segments due to lack of saves and not a single enemy dropping health......so a megaman that does nothing right in game design. Expand
  4. Sep 3, 2015
    A 2d platformer/shooter that is so old school you can’t even fire at angles Xeodrifter isn't completely unplayable but it does absolutely nothing that hasn't been done (better) thousands of times in games dating all the way back to the late 80’s. I don’t expect these indie titles to have all the bells and whistles of bigger budget games but if they’re not even going to try to do somethingA 2d platformer/shooter that is so old school you can’t even fire at angles Xeodrifter isn't completely unplayable but it does absolutely nothing that hasn't been done (better) thousands of times in games dating all the way back to the late 80’s. I don’t expect these indie titles to have all the bells and whistles of bigger budget games but if they’re not even going to try to do something a little different they’re kind of pointless. Expand
  5. Oct 9, 2015
    I'm trying to give 'indie' games more chances, especially because of the glaring lack of available PS4 AAA exclusives and even fewer I want to play.

This was a bad choice on my part. You've played games exactly like this in the early 90's ... and this one isn't any better after 20+ years. Save your money.
  6. Jul 5, 2016
    This game he has a cool nostalgia look like platform games like Mega Man, but the nostalgia ends there, the game is very limited and nauseating and even having 8-bit retro graphics, is very ugly games like Shovel Knight and Gun Galvolt are much better.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 14 Critic Reviews

1. Nov 27, 2015
    Renegade Kid’s throwback to yesteryear in both style and gameplay make for a rather difficult, but ultimately rewarding game that perfectly captures the tone of pulp sci-fi.
  2. Oct 11, 2015
    Retro 8-bit platforming at its best.
  3. Oct 2, 2015
    While not pushing the boundaries of the genre in any significant way, Xeodrifter is a well made game which is sometimes all we need.