7.8

1. Oct 10, 2019
    This is the best platformer since donkey kong tropical freeze its a return to form for yokalaylee playtonic listend to the fans and in some aspects it improves on tropical freeze and the music being on par with donkey kong helps
  2. Oct 10, 2019
    DON'T believe the negative reviews (which are all posted by 1 guy with multiple accounts), 'cause it runs like a charm (60fps) and the only DLC is a tonic pack, which costs just $/€4,- (and is 100% optional)!
  3. Oct 11, 2019
    I skipped out on the first game on this series, based on some fairly lukewarm reviews, but thought I'd give this one a shot based on a rave from IGN... So glad I did! This game is an absolute delight, with tonnes of replayability. Really fun puzzles, super tight, imaginitive platforming, and a fabulous progression system. It has heaps of depth, but don't be misled by the cutesy graphicalI skipped out on the first game on this series, based on some fairly lukewarm reviews, but thought I'd give this one a shot based on a rave from IGN... So glad I did! This game is an absolute delight, with tonnes of replayability. Really fun puzzles, super tight, imaginitive platforming, and a fabulous progression system. It has heaps of depth, but don't be misled by the cutesy graphical style; this game can be hard as balls! The graphics sparkle and the crash-detection, essential in a platformer, is absolutely spot on. On the surface this looks like a retro-inspired 2.5D homage to games like Donkey Kong Country, and it is that: it's also absolutely brimming with fun new ideas, mechanics and adorable characters. I haven't had this much fun with a platformer since Rayman Legends... Expand
  4. Oct 8, 2019
    Ótimo jogo, sempre quis um jogo de plataforma assim pra nova geração. Agora e esperar o próximo.
  5. Oct 9, 2019
    There is no DLC, don't believe these 'jokes'. Game is awesome, great graphics, great music, great gameplay.
  6. Oct 8, 2019
    An amazing game; colorful, dynamic and... REALLY FUN. They did a great job in this new game. DK lover MUST buy. Perfect sountrack btw. Worth every cent on it.
  7. Oct 9, 2019
    Really great game with surprisingly hard platforming. Game has some great humor and you can complete the game whenever you want, assuming you're good enough
  8. Oct 8, 2019
    Content that was included with the game before launch has now become paid DLC. Seriously?! That quickly saved me from making a purchase.
  9. Oct 8, 2019
    DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. It has a lot of game breaking bugs and framerate issues in certain parts. Also, this game has a lot of DLC. How can the developers screws this game? The first one was okay but this a bank of money based on nostalgia!
  10. Oct 9, 2019
    This is one of the absolutely worst games of all. The game breaking bugs are terrible. I wait developers! Fix this glitches!
  11. Oct 16, 2019
    Gameplay wise YLatIL is a really good game with diversified level design but not on par with something like DKC: Tropical Freeze or Rayman Legends. However, YLatIL has the best overworld I've ever seen in a 2D platforming game. The overworld reminds me of Mario 64. In total I love this game and it's easily my game of the year.
  12. Oct 20, 2019
    Such a fun platforming game! Really enjoyed the new mechanics, changing level mechanics, and music. Recommend as one of the best platform games this year.
  13. Oct 14, 2019
    A much better game for the studio probably wasn't to hard to make for them but fun nonetheless
  14. Oct 13, 2019
    Bought this for my Nintendo Switch and it has been the most fun I've had in ages. It is bursting with charm through the colourful visuals and witty dialogue.

One of the best parts that makes it stand out from other platformers is the overworld that you explore to find/manipulate the levels as well as secret tonics which changes the gameplay or graphics in some way. There are a lot of zelda-like puzzles, characters to meet and areas to discover. I didn't expect it to be that fun, but it's very cleverly made.

The game runs at 60fps and the controls are tight. The levels themselves are just as good as DKCTF, delivering fun platforming, hidden secrets and the perfect amount of challenge. One of my favourite parts is getting hit and having to catch Laylee before she flies off, leaving you very vulnerable. It's a great risk reward dynamic.

The games named after the first/final level which you can try to defeat from the very beginning. However, by playing other levels you can collect bees which take damage for you in the lair. It's a clever idea, and it's fun to go back and see how much further you can get in the lair.

Don't give it a pass just because it's gone from 3D to 2.5D gameplay. It's honestly stands alongside DKCTF and has just as much (if not more) content. It's really polished and well worth the price tag of £25.
  15. Oct 13, 2019
    This game is a huge step up in every way from the first one, while i loved I thought the first one, it was a fun nostalgia trip it was just decent overall. This game is super fun, and actually pretty tough, but its fair. The music is of course great coming from the masterminds grant kirphope and david wise. Every level is unique from each other, and theres even a cool overworld filled withThis game is a huge step up in every way from the first one, while i loved I thought the first one, it was a fun nostalgia trip it was just decent overall. This game is super fun, and actually pretty tough, but its fair. The music is of course great coming from the masterminds grant kirphope and david wise. Every level is unique from each other, and theres even a cool overworld filled with mild puzzle solving and platforming. Im happy playtonic decided to keep the IP alive and deliver us this game. Instant classic Expand

1. Oct 18, 2019
    It’s evolution through devolution for Playtonic, going back to 2D platforming from the 3D design of the first Yooka-Laylee, a change that is definitely for the benefit of the franchise. The Impossible Lair is much more competent, offering a fulfilling experience through its breadth of levels, and a cleverly designed overworld map which is a game within a game. Nevertheless, we hope that in their next endeavor the British developers will create something with its own personality and avoid being so overtly “clingy” in the Donkey Kongs or Banjo-Kazooies of the past.
  2. Oct 16, 2019
    This great 2D platformer delivers a crowd-pleasing adventure regardless of when you started enjoying the genre.
  3. Oct 16, 2019
    I enjoyed my time with The Impossible Lair. Even with it’s minor issues, I still managed to keep having fun, and that’s really what it’s all about. Yooka-Laylee works much better as a 2D platformer and I hope Team 17 will continue to develop these characters in this style. This game is a great starting point for the new direction and I hope we see more sequels like this in the future.