6.3

1. Feb 4, 2020
    Still have bad graphic still you killing hitler game is terrible don’t pay for this game
  2. Feb 6, 2020
    6.5/10 than 6/10

For those unfamiliar with the Zombie Army series, it's developed by Rebellion, it is a spin-off of the Sniper Elite franchise. It is an action game in the third person in which we can play Solo or coop. The game is to kill thousands of Zombies. Have you ever imagined that the Nazis, including Adolf Hitler, who were killed in World War II would suddenly be resurrected
    6.5/10 than 6/10

Have you ever imagined that the Nazis, including Adolf Hitler, who were killed in World War II would suddenly be resurrected as Zombies? Unthinkable, right? It is up to four heroes (Boris, Jun, Karl and Shola) to bury this whole crowd again.

It isn't surprising if the game is familiar to anyone coming from Sniper Elite, but in this Zombie Army 4: Dead War we have more action and less Stealth. Bullet kill cameras are present as always. It is always great to stop (and see) two or more zombies with a single bullet from our rifle or watch the zombie skulls explode into a thousand pieces. If the user is tired of this, we can always edit Bullet Kill Cameras.

We have three game modes present in Zombie Army 4: Dead War - Campaign, Horde and the Weekly Event. Let's start with the first one. In the campaign, we first have to do our loadouts, which include primary weapon, secondary weapon, pistol, melee, perk, item mods and our character. Rifles, Assault Rifles, Shotguns and Subamachine Guns are among the few weapons that are present in the game, apart from pistols. And don't forget that weapons can take upgrades (through upgrade kits), Skins, Charms and Reticles. All characters have their strengths and weaknesses.

There isn't much to say about the campaign. Surviving, Tower defense, killing zombies to unlock certain areas are the main focus in Zombie Army 4: Dead War. In horde mode we have to survive the waves of Zombies (up to 12 waves or more). The base version of the game has four maps: Into the Darkness, Villa Della Morte, Dead in the Water and The Bitter End. Whether in Campaign mode or Horde mode, we have the possibility to choose the difficulty: Easy, Medium and Hard. On this last level of difficulty: enemies are tougher and take more life, bullets are affected by gravity and wind, and Friendly fire is present. But honestly, I felt almost no difference from Easy to Hard. Don't forget that we can use grenades (Frag, Incendiary, Shock) and mines (normal, incendiary, Shock) during the Campaign, Horde or Weekly Event missions, in order to defeat zombie groups more easily.

In addition, during Campaign missions, in Horde mode or in the Weekly Event, we can use some traps around the area that can be used in our favor: explosive barrels and electrical networks, for example. But be aware that these things are also deadly for us. And don't think that there are just normal Zombies, we have special Zombies like Suicider (loaded with explosives just for us), big Zombies with heavy weapons (which we can also use them during missions) like Heavy MG and Flamethrower and so on forward. And finally, we have the Weekly Event mode. If you like weekly challenges, this is the right way for you. It is a way with certain rules for us to pass the challenge. For example: Dead Ahead map (Campaign), medium difficulty, no secondary weapon.

Regarding the online cooperative mode, in the few games I made, I feel that Rebellion's netcode in this Zombie Army 4: Dead War is strange, even with the best connections. Because when I fire a bullet from my Rifle at the enemy, it looks like it takes almost a second to hit the target. Even at close range. It is something that in my opinion does not fit. For those who want offline co-op, Zombie Army 4: Dead War is not for you because it doesn't have offline co-op.

Unfortunately in visual terms Zombie Army 4: Dead War is nothing special and I think it could have been better worked, even with the quality option (30 FPS). Fortunately, we also have the “Performance” option that guarantees us 60 FPS’s on the PS4 Pro. The soundtrack also goes completely unnoticed. As if that were not enough, Rebellion has to make some adjustments to the subtitles because they are too small. Overall the game itself isn't bad; it's really fun and there's funny things like Bullet kill Cameras and Weekly Events, but little else. The lack of offline co-op and some technical aspects that could be better make Zombie Army 4: Dead War an average game.

Mixed or average reviews - based on 54 Critic Reviews

1. Feb 24, 2020
    In terms of would I recommend the game, yes I would, if you are the sort of person who likes the added challenge of big brutes breaking up your otherwise sniper fueled game then you will probably love it. If you’ve enjoyed the previous games in the series then this should be an easy choice of buy. If you are like me though and don’t like having to totally shift gears and fight up close battles in a game that revolves around long range combat then maybe give it a miss… unless you regularly have group gaming sessions in which case multiplayer may well make it worth your while.
  2. Feb 22, 2020
    Straight from a Z-series movie, Zombie Army 4: Dead War, despite an inevitable repetition, only 4 maps in Horde mode and a certain lack of variety in weapons, proves to be a good release with high quality graphics. Although we regret that it tries to capitalize on micro-transactions, we appreciate its gory aspect and the feeling of power provided by the heavy weapons that allow you to exterminate zombies by the thousand.
  3. Feb 21, 2020
    By its nature Zombie Army 4 can be a bit repetitive, but at the same time - especially when playing it in coop with your friends - it can be an immensely fun experience for short sessions of nazi zombie killing frenzy.