8.0

1. Dec 26, 2020
    I have had a lot of mixed feelings about this game. First and foremost, I liked it for the most part, compared to other AC games. I enjoyed the environment and the amount of detail within the world. I liked the side content like building the village or the board game orlog. The story I thought was great and had a nice ending: The Eivor and Sigurd saga, traveling to Asgard and Jotunheim wasI have had a lot of mixed feelings about this game. First and foremost, I liked it for the most part, compared to other AC games. I enjoyed the environment and the amount of detail within the world. I liked the side content like building the village or the board game orlog. The story I thought was great and had a nice ending: The Eivor and Sigurd saga, traveling to Asgard and Jotunheim was fun, some of the province arcs were great and unique from the others (for the most part). Its biggest downfall is by far is its length, it took me 70 hrs to finish this game. Most people that play an rpg game for that long are simply there to 100% the game, not still trying to finish the main story line. I enjoyed the game at the start and for the first 40 hrs or so, but there seemed to simply be no end in sight at that point and everything started feeling tiring and monotonous. Besides that main problem, this game was teetering on the border of being too glitchy for my liking. Some very annoying bugs appeared here and there, sometimes had to completely reload. For the most part it worked alright, but was a bit of a nuisance at critical moments. The real world story still makes no sense to me (ever since Desmond died in AC III) and feels completely needless on top of the historical saga. The combat I found to be alright, nothing too different than Odyssey or Origins, not the biggest fan of this dark souls combat system either, was too finicky and annoying at times like would often catch on fire or miss the timing of the parries. Overall, this game was a mixed bag for me, it had good elements but was just too freeken long. Expand
  2. Dec 31, 2020
    F@@k all these Ubisoft employees with the fake accounts giving 10s! This game deserves a 6-7, not 0 and definitely not 10.
  3. Dec 4, 2020
    Assassin’s Creed Valhalla patch has made performance on PS5 worse in the 60fps mode
  4. Nov 14, 2020
    Ubisoft has done it again, created one of the most beautiful stunning worlds to explore, and then fill it with mediocre content. The a.i. this time round is especially bad. For a game that promised ferocious combat it is especially easy and ultimately unfulfilling. Im actually so dissapointed after all the hype. Never have i had such a love hate relationship with a developer. I so wantedUbisoft has done it again, created one of the most beautiful stunning worlds to explore, and then fill it with mediocre content. The a.i. this time round is especially bad. For a game that promised ferocious combat it is especially easy and ultimately unfulfilling. Im actually so dissapointed after all the hype. Never have i had such a love hate relationship with a developer. I so wanted this game to be excellent!!!! :/ Expand
  5. Nov 18, 2020
    Feels like there are a lot of Ubi-bots on this site... Have all these positive reviewers never played an AC game before? I've been a huge fan of the entire main series (minus Unity—couldn't get past the out-of-place British accents) but this game has been a disappointment so far.

The story is interesting, but poorly executed. And I do really enjoy the new gear upgrading system, as well as the new talent tree (which is really the only thing that motivated me to keep playing). Those are really the only good things I can say about the game. I understand the development team was forced to work around the pandemic, but I'd have gladly waited however long it takes to fully polish this game.

My enjoyment of this title was consistently hamstrung by moments of stunning sloppiness. Didn't RDR2 already show us how to do snowy environments? Honestly—and very disappointingly—playing Assassin's Creed: Odyssey on my PS4 looks miles better than Valhalla on my PS5. I sincerely hope Ubisoft can patch in some graphical improvements ASAP, but it's so much more than that. The animations are unnatural, the combat is often unresponsive, and the company's refusal to fully commit to a female protagonist is perennially disappointing.

It still scratches the AC itch, but I know from playing past games that it could have been so much better. Maybe I *will* just go back to Odyssey...
  6. Nov 30, 2020
    It's fix some stuff from Odyssey, but still it drags too long. I think they should focus on those interesting characters and cancel the boring ones. The story is basically you find alliance from different reigon. The combat is fun, but after like 100 hours, it become very fatigue. Overall if you want to kill some time you can play it
  7. Dec 1, 2020
    +1 : The viking medevil, England setting is one of the good things it has.
    +1 : Exploration is fun with alot of points to search out. Loot and skills.
    0 : Sound fx feels very flat, okay music. okay voice acting. 0 : Graphics aren't anything special, doesn't feel like next gen, motion blur makes everything look bad, it's very inconsistent some things look good others not. animation is
    +1 : The viking medevil, England setting is one of the good things it has.
    +1 : Exploration is fun with alot of points to search out. Loot and skills.
    0 : Sound fx feels very flat, okay music. okay voice acting.
    0 : Graphics aren't anything special, doesn't feel like next gen, motion blur makes everything look bad, it's very inconsistent some things look good others not. animation is about like other AC games maybe a tiny bit better.
    - .5 : Combat, Gameplay : some cool new moves and ideas, but the enemy ai breaks down and it's like a hog poge of realistic and cartoon-ish moves. Doesn't feel very epic more cartoons here.
    - 1 : Story starts off bad, but gets alot better 15 hr in, characters are a bit bland and you don't really get their motives, cartoon-ish lines and it feels like they don't give you much views into the real history and culture of the vikings. It's like a AC game skinned as vikings. a bit cartoon-ish then epic tale.
    -1 : Character Story Dissonance, Your suppose to be a good guy, Light side, but go around killing poor people and burning their villages. Very unlikable and bland characters.
    -1 : Technical - Jank and glitches everywhere, motion blur looks bad, enemies will dart around the battlefield at inhuman paces. Ai goes crazy as well, poor ai.

8 - Average +1 +1 0 0 -.5 -.5 -1 -1
    7 - 7.5 /10
    Wait to try, Buy at discount $20 range
    StoryNinjaXP on Youtube
  8. Dec 27, 2020
    What is this sound, it's all muffled? Is this an MP3 player from 1999 or am expensive triple AAA game? I want a refund!
  9. Dec 4, 2020
    The game feels pale somehow and the skills system is not fun.

I've encountered some bugs but nothing that annoyed me.

I'm not a big fan of the earlier games either.
  10. Dec 11, 2020
    So I just wasted 30 minutes of my life typing out a huge review of this game just to have the site crash when I hit submit. I'm just going to quickly type out why I don't find this game fun because I really don't want to do this again. The structure of the main quests makes them feel disconnected and uneventful. The lack of traditional side quests leaves the game filled with boring "worldSo I just wasted 30 minutes of my life typing out a huge review of this game just to have the site crash when I hit submit. I'm just going to quickly type out why I don't find this game fun because I really don't want to do this again. The structure of the main quests makes them feel disconnected and uneventful. The lack of traditional side quests leaves the game filled with boring "world events" that have no plot to them whatsoever. The change to the loot and upgrade system makes it way too easy to max out your weapons early on and removes any reason to loot anything throughout the game. I was a huge fan of AC Origins and AC Odyssey and this game was a huge let down. Expand
  11. Nov 30, 2020
    Finally after almost 43 hours finished this game , what can i say ? Ubisoft please stop making this , just copy and paste every year , why dont u stop for a while , breath, rest , and start a new ip? For me assassins creed should stopped in The third game , after desmond miles death to save The world, and that was awesome, first assassins creed was great, The second with Ezio was The bestFinally after almost 43 hours finished this game , what can i say ? Ubisoft please stop making this , just copy and paste every year , why dont u stop for a while , breath, rest , and start a new ip? For me assassins creed should stopped in The third game , after desmond miles death to save The world, and that was awesome, first assassins creed was great, The second with Ezio was The best one of The franchise , but The reast... instead of Origins that they ve stopped for a while and refresh it a Little bit , this valhalla is repetetive, looks like a very mecanic game , has so few cutscenes, idk why... , The only good part of The game was The parts of envor dreams, and why every year has to be at least 40 hours of gameplay?! Quantity is not quality! Graphics i would give a 8 , sound 6 , story 5 , gameplay 7 , maybe this The last assassins creed game that i Will buy , i cant stand more this , exausting game thankfully of The 40 hours of gameplay, and The poor history, its a shame Ubisoft, and im not telling The bugs, and The poor engine of every year game that u présent to us , cause for pc idk why this is so **** heavy game and so bad optimized cause it doesnt really is a so gorgeous game at all , and dont know The price of it, thankfully im playing at The best plataform possible, sad that years pass and Ubisoft doesnt learn from their mistakes. Expand
  12. Dec 1, 2020
    This was my first Assasins Creed game. Some pros and cons:

PRO - large amount of content - some good variety of quests - good mix of weapon styles and skills - quite pretty - good interpretation of England CONS - large amount of content (100 hours and 2/3 of way through main story with lots skipped) - quests get repetitive because of game size -weapoons get repetitive because of game
    This was my first Assasins Creed game. Some pros and cons:

PRO
    - large amount of content
    - some good variety of quests
    - good mix of weapon styles and skills
    - quite pretty
    - good interpretation of England

CONS
    - quests get repetitive because of game size
    -weapoons get repetitive because of game size
    - England feels exhausting because of game size

In Summary....are you serious Ubisoft? Make half the content and charge half the price and you would win many fans and maybe a few awards. As it is, this thing is crazy big. Some of us have jobs and families and stuff to do!
  13. Nov 30, 2020
    I like the story. But there are too many bugs. I died several times without any reasons when I try to climb the house or hill surrounded by trees. And I cannot continue the quest "In a Strange Land" and "A Rivalry for the Ages" because there is no dialogs about the quest for Randvi and I cannot collect the key on the table. And I cannot solve this by reloading the map or the game. And I amI like the story. But there are too many bugs. I died several times without any reasons when I try to climb the house or hill surrounded by trees. And I cannot continue the quest "In a Strange Land" and "A Rivalry for the Ages" because there is no dialogs about the quest for Randvi and I cannot collect the key on the table. And I cannot solve this by reloading the map or the game. And I am tired of looking for keys of chests (Usually, killing the guards to get the key). Some world events are interesting. Expand
  14. Nov 16, 2020
    The AI is so easy even on expert difficulty. It's just not polished. It feels like the content was rushed
  15. Nov 29, 2020
    I was so excited for this game especially me being a fan of the Viking era. My favorite AC of all time is AC: Origins, and not only I was happy with the changes they have made with the game, but the story of AC Origins and Protagonist Bayek is also the one that won me over. Unfortunately, I can't say the same with AC Valhalla. My experience with AC Valhalla was filled with more cons thanI was so excited for this game especially me being a fan of the Viking era. My favorite AC of all time is AC: Origins, and not only I was happy with the changes they have made with the game, but the story of AC Origins and Protagonist Bayek is also the one that won me over. Unfortunately, I can't say the same with AC Valhalla. My experience with AC Valhalla was filled with more cons than pros. The story for example was blandly filled with repetitive quests with a clunky combat system. It took me about 50 hours to finish the story and it just felt unsatisfying at the end. I am biased I guess. I love scripted engaging storytelling and the RPG element like dialogue and decision choices of the previous AC and now AC Valhalla isn't a real AC experience for me. The last straw for me is apparent under the development of this game. The facial animation felt outdated, all AC protagonist movements are the same (i.e., running) and I can't tell what type of emotion the characters of this game are trying to portray. This is not a spoiler since it was shown in the trailer, but the character Randvi looks just like Kassandra from AC Odyssey. I love the changes to AC Origins and it is my favorite AC of all time, but not to the extent of what AC Valhalla and Odyssey. Now it just feels like they are just slapping the name Assassins Creed to a game with a few AC elements. Expand
  16. Nov 23, 2020
    Overall good game for first 25 hours. Ends up too repetitive and you start to see the flaws within the game. Combat is very flashy but feels clunky af to use. It was designed in a way that makes it look good, sacrificing feeling good. You’ll know what I mean after you’ve played it for 10 or so hours.

One big positive is the game world looks absolutely beautiful.
  17. Nov 29, 2020
    Game with stunning visuals and excellent music. Yet, story is quite shallow and lacks more continuity with previous games, and if you want any "Assassin" story, you have to dig really deep.
    Open world is large which gives opportunity to hide some mysteries all around it, but on the other hand it is mostly empty and you will use fast travel, most of the time, not remembering anything from it.
    Viking atmosphere works pretty well, from Norse mythology to architecture and customs.
    Skill tree can be overwhelming but it makes sense in time. Interesting feature is variety of weapon combinations you can wield (although I played shield and axe all the time).
    All in all, AC Valhalla is game that can provide hours of fun but instead of making the best of what's missing in AC world history and storyline, it is wasting its potential focusing too much on graphics pushing all other aspects to background.
    Final thing that needs to be mentioned is number of annoying bugs that will follow you everywhere and appear in worst time.
  18. Dec 1, 2020
    So i played Valhalla for 67 hours and im still not finished with the story. But I think I am able to say a lot about the game and how good it is. Im gonna start with the good Parts and continue with the bad ones.

GOOD PARTS: Loot: I really disliked the loot system in Origins and Odyssey. It was just to much of everything. But now you have just a few items but you can upgrade them a lot

GOOD PARTS:
    Loot: I really disliked the loot system in Origins and Odyssey. It was just to much of everything. But now you have just a few items but you can upgrade them a lot which will save a lot of time switching armor everytime you find something new.

Story: I REALLY like the story. Almost every character is interesting and have a lot of personality. The story is kinda simple but still entertaining.

Graphics and sounds: The world looks amazing on my midrange PC (ryzen 3600, RTX 2060) and the sounddesign is just wonderful.

Sidequests: I like that most of them are short.

BAD PARTS:
    Fighting: I mean its cool that you can rip somebodys head of but it becomes boring and just steals time after the 10th time. And it happens a lot in a fight. More annoying then the finisher is the timing for dodging. Don't get me wrong sometimes you know exactly when to dodge or block but othertimes they show you the indicator and only attack you after 5 seconds.

Stealth: It's sadly really bad. The thing that made AC so wunderful and special is almost gone. It's unnecessary and just time consuming. You get nothing out of it. No boosts, no money. And sometimes Avoir ist just doing weird things and jumps out of the bush when you want to get him in the bush. I think the only implement it to call the game a AC game.

Climbing: Awful. If you want to climb up a mountain it's ok but if you want to do some parkour it's terrible. He just drops down or jumps to the other side of the wall and I have to admit it made me very angry a lot of times.

Bugs: Just a lot of different bugs. Can't say so much because it's just really bad programmed.

CONCLUSION:

I love the idea of the game and I love the writing. But the gameplay lost it track a long time ago. And it's just so badly programmed. I mean you should think of somebody like Ubisoft a bit more. It's not just a random Indie studio it's **** Ubisoft, a bilion company.
  19. Dec 2, 2020
    Assassin's Creed Valhalla is a good game. Definitely better than Odyssey, and perhaps better than Origins. It's true the game-play is buggy and can feel repetitive. But I ask what game does not? The meat of this game is exploring 9th century England. Ubisoft has created an absolutely breathtaking open-world. The progression feels well-balanced and rewarding. You feel yourself start to getAssassin's Creed Valhalla is a good game. Definitely better than Odyssey, and perhaps better than Origins. It's true the game-play is buggy and can feel repetitive. But I ask what game does not? The meat of this game is exploring 9th century England. Ubisoft has created an absolutely breathtaking open-world. The progression feels well-balanced and rewarding. You feel yourself start to get better at combat as the game goes along. Is it perfect? No. Is every second an exciting adventure? No. But you can see that there was a lot of effort and love put in to the game as they tried to take the franchise in a more depth-filled direction. With a few years to perfect the engine and really flesh-out what style of game they want to create, Assassin's Creed could soon be a foundational cornerstone of AAA titles. That's the only frustrating part about playing the game -- you feel like your just scratching the surface in terms of story-telling, combat, parkour, and level design. But no one can deny that this title is an absolute work of art. Expand
  20. Dec 3, 2020
    Decent AC. Too many bugs though, also sometimes looks like a next gen game and then you look at the fire, explosions and some textures and think "my God this looks lime a ps3 game". Also very repetitive, feels a lot like working and not having a good time. Story is meh.
  21. Dec 5, 2020
    I actually loved first 15 hours of Valhalla, felt like amazing game, but then you do the same stuff again and again and again and again, insane repetitive, if ubisoft just cut this game by 2/3, it would be actually amazing, but its extremely bloated with useless stuff, i have basically same experience as skillup, who also loved the game and even recommended it in first 15 hours, but thenI actually loved first 15 hours of Valhalla, felt like amazing game, but then you do the same stuff again and again and again and again, insane repetitive, if ubisoft just cut this game by 2/3, it would be actually amazing, but its extremely bloated with useless stuff, i have basically same experience as skillup, who also loved the game and even recommended it in first 15 hours, but then you do the exactly the same thing for another 50h, story boring, everything repetitive, characters extremely not interesting. This game has bug potentional but its ruined by ubisoft copy and paste formula.

The 10/10 reviews here everywhere must be paid scam, trust me, this game isnt worth of your time at all.
  22. Dec 9, 2020
    This is a very disappointing entry in the series, full of clunks and poor storytelling.

I’m a huge fan of the Assassins series, and apart from a few truly bad games (e.g. AC3 and Unity), I love most of them, despite some flaws. While not terrible, Valhalla is a huge letdown after Odyssey. The controls are extremely clunky, and climbing/jumping around is a huge pain now. It’s also very buggy, I’ve found myself getting stuck many times. Characters often don’t look at each other when they’re speaking, audio cuts in and out, and the facial expressions/body language can be flat out embarrassing. This game doesn’t look or feel like it belongs in 2020 or on the PS5, but unfortunately that can be par for the course for Ubisoft sometimes.

The storytelling is also a huge letdown. Most of the main quest arcs are separated into standalone stories, none of which are particularly compelling, but instead are predictable and redundant. This format also fails to allow you to develop any particular attachment to the characters. As such, you don’t really care what they’re saying or what happens to them. It’s also the third consecutive game with almost no connection to the Assassin’s brotherhood, something that was forgivable with the previous titles, but now just completely lacking. Also it’s supposed to be set around the late 800s, so ostensibly the brotherhood should be getting pretty established by this point. That entire part of the lore made these games unique and exciting, instead this now just feels like a fairly week and rushed game about vikings. Finally, it seems as though stealth is on the way out too.

I could say a lot more, but simply put, this is a generic and uninspired game.
  23. Dec 10, 2020
    I think this new AC was a huge step backwards for the franchise. That being said the game was playable and I enjoyed it for the better parts of the game. Once I got to about halfway through the game, everything felt repetitive (chests) and the story began to drop off. By the time I was about 80% done and
  24. Apr 9, 2021
    J’ai l’impression que la licence est arrivée au bout de ce qu’elle peut nous proposer. Le jeu est toujours beaucoup trop répétitif, mal scénarisé et surtout buggé. Après, peut être que ma qualité de Ghost of Tsushima est participé indirectement à mon jugement ...
  25. Mar 16, 2021
    I really love Assassins Creed. I mean realllllly love it. I want to state that first so that this isn't construed as somebody just peeved at Ubisoft or the series as a whole. I find AC2 to be one of the best games of all time, and I loved AC3 even though it was very poorly received. I even really liked Origins and Odyssey (though the latter was a bit long in the tooth by my completion).I really love Assassins Creed. I mean realllllly love it. I want to state that first so that this isn't construed as somebody just peeved at Ubisoft or the series as a whole. I find AC2 to be one of the best games of all time, and I loved AC3 even though it was very poorly received. I even really liked Origins and Odyssey (though the latter was a bit long in the tooth by my completion).

That is why this hurts me to say it. But this game just isn't fun.One of the first offputting things is when the only thing I heard about the game was that it was ludicrously long. Now usually thats a sometimes good/sometimes bad thing. Previous to starting this game I started and completely platinumed Ghost of Tsushima (a fair length game). One of my all time favorite RPGs is FF XIII so I am not averse to longer games. However, this was just absurdly long. And while it seems weird to complain about length, it just wasn't interesting in those hours. The combat seems fairly similar to the past two entries, the story is very dry and bland, and the characters as a whole aren't very interesting.

It doesn't help that I felt like Eivor (Main Character) was a bystander in this game. I felt like everything was happening around him/her but not that he was really doing anything all that interesting.

On top of all this, the amount of random crap you would have to pick up or do to 100% this game is just stupid and tedious. There are things like a section in Jotunheim that I literally looked at a guide and it was still going to take forever to just get things to work/appear.

I ended up, 54 hours in, quitting the game. I had made it to the last few quests and just didnt have the power level to complete the game. I could have turned the difficulty down but it was just a grind by this point and I was not going to go and grind to get more levels.

Overall it is a 5/10 for me. It is a gorgeous game, but the story, length, quests, and overall feel just arent good.
  26. Feb 24, 2021
    I have very few pleasant words for Assassin's Creed Valhalla. I simply disliked the game.
    There are many reasons why I think this game is mediocre, but I'll start with what I liked about it.
    First, the story. Eivor's tale was what kept me going through the game. If it wasn't for this story filled with good characters, well-written dialogues, action-packed moments, twists and turns, I

First, the story.
    Eivor's tale was what kept me going through the game. If it wasn't for this story filled with good characters, well-written dialogues, action-packed moments, twists and turns, I would've abandoned this game. The ending is pretty lackluster and the credits doesn't even roll, but the journey told here was incredible.
    One other thing that impressed me was the combat. At first, I found it very stiff and basic, but as the game progresses it gets better, more visceral and entertaining. Also, the boss battles make up for some really fun fights.
    Other than those two key points that made me stay withstand this game for 80 hours, I also want to give praise to the STUNNING graphics, the very unique and quite original sidequests that made me laugh or got me invested and the soundtrack, which isn't anything special, but did a good job nonetheless.

As for Valhalla's missteps, well... It's everything else!
    What bothered me the most in this game was the sheer amount of bugs. Game-breaking bugs, quest-hindering bugs, immersion-shattering bug... you name it. I had to restart the game several times due to some gruesome experiences. It was not good.
    The fact that the game is bloated as hell also does not help at all. The maps are beautiful, sure (especially Asgard), but it's unnecessarily big, filled with unrewarding treasure hunting and some annoying mini-games like stacking up rocks on top of each other. Most of the puzzles revolved around getting inside a house locked by a hidden key or blocked from the inside and that got old VERY QUICK! Also, the "Find and Speak" quests made little sense to me. If everything else points me in a direction in this game, why would you waste my time with petty chasing??
    There were many other reasons why I had a hard time having fun here, like the aforementioned tasteless ending to a fantastic story, the movement being EXTREMELY unyielding, tiresome level grinding, repetitive environments, useless abilities and etc.

Valhalla isn't bad, it's just overly unexceptional. Few and far between were my moments of fun.
    I do not recommend this game at all. Maybe if you're a fan of the series, since the story and its combat are the only two things that matters here.
  27. Apr 14, 2021
    No idea how this gets rated so high. For example, Valhalla is NO WHERE near the quality of Ghost of Tsushima. Janky animations. Poor and super outdated combat. And my god the writing can be so awful.

Think this has to be my last AC game. Ubisoft just makes cookie cutter games now in this series with nothing exceptional while asking the player to commit so much time, it's just not worth it.
  28. Dec 29, 2020
    Nice game and way better than its predecessor Oddesy! But those damn bugs!!!!! Very annoying!
  29. Jan 13, 2021
    Assassins Creed Valhalla is not a bad game. If fact it is excellent in many ways but one I have major issue with. Length. Some people will be fine with sinking 100+ hours into a game and arrive at the end feeling great. After 80 hours it becomes more difficult to start playing each time I think of starting up a run. I'm not 10 hours to completion. I'm looking at 30+ hours remaining.Assassins Creed Valhalla is not a bad game. If fact it is excellent in many ways but one I have major issue with. Length. Some people will be fine with sinking 100+ hours into a game and arrive at the end feeling great. After 80 hours it becomes more difficult to start playing each time I think of starting up a run. I'm not 10 hours to completion. I'm looking at 30+ hours remaining. Maybe 60 hours (the way I play a game). I play all the Assassins creed games and will continue to do so but I would have liked a more concentrated world, tighter story and just less bloat. Too much of a good thing. Expand
  30. Dec 21, 2020
    Je n’attendais pas spécialement assassin’s creed valhalla, dès les images de trailer, il y avait comme une sensation de déjà vu. Comme si c’était Odyssey avec de nouveaux skins, qui était lui même un skin de Assassin’s Creed Origin.

Mais, dans une période de lancement de nouvelle génération de console un peu fade, je me suis laissé tenter. Après un passage à dormir debout en Norvège qui représente le tuto du jeu, nous pouvons enfin aller en Angleterre. À partir de ce moment là, les 10h de jeu qui ont suivi ont été excellentes. On fonde notre colonie, on forge des alliances avec les voisins et surtout on s’associe avec les fils de Ragnar Lothbrok. Mais ensuite, AC Valhallah retombe dans les travers de la licence. Répétitif à souhait, à forger des alliances avec TOUTES les factions d’Angleterre, de manière très linéaire, un scénario absolument pas réaliste sachant qu’à cette époque, les vikings après avoir échoué au Wessex ont fini par perdre face aux saxons.. Un passage à Asgard nul que je n’ai pas eu la motivation de terminer. La motivation, le grand mot de ce jeu, les moments intéressants sont entrecoupés de pans de scénarios dignes de l’écriture d’un écolier de 10 ans, il faut donc trouver la motivation de faire 3 heures de jeu chiantes avant de retomber dans quelque chose de passable. Les fins des 3 axes du jeu sont toutes bâclées et absolument nulles.
    Techniquement le jeu est beau... quand il veut, les villes sont jolies mais les textures sont très baveuses même en mode « qualité ». Les bugs sont très présents, ça peut être rigolo quand ça concerne l’affichage, mais les bugs de script où on doit recharger les sauvegarde, pour moi c’est éliminatoire, et pour ça valhallah est un très mauvais élève. Bref, c’est divertissant quand il veut mais pas très intéressant. Un nouveau moteur graphique et 2 ans de développement en plus auraient pu être dignes de ce qu’aurait dû être AC Valhalla.
  31. Dec 8, 2020
    I have to say, don't skip it.
    I half finished the main plot. It worth playing for sure!
    I have to say, don't skip it.
    I half finished the main plot. It worth playing for sure!
    Some of the quest lines are a bit boring, but you'll get compensated with the next line in the next region. Grind is not that annoying, however, - without it I would rate the game 9-10. For now it's still Ubisoft's approach.....making money of a poor folks who pay for the stuff they should have received within the game itself. Reminder, full price AAA game.
    7...is fair enough. Plot is full of holes. Game pretends 18+, but still feels censored and simplified.
  32. Dec 19, 2020
    Really boring compared to the last two games. Takes forever for the plot to develop.
  33. Dec 20, 2020
    A fantastic game with an excellent story, enjoyable main character and good core game systems. Impressed by the world, the quests, the awesome random events dotted around the map and the combat systems within the game. Exploration system (Mysteries, Wealth and Artifacts) is a step up from previous games in the serious.

Unfortunately the game has a lot of bugs which while not

Unfortunately the game has a lot of bugs which while not game-breaking become more and more annoying the more you play and at times can completely halt progression until you look up a guide to get past them. Even the new Yule (Christmas) event introduced in the latest patch which consists of hardly any content (So can't have been that tough to test) is quite buggy.

If you're a gamer looking for a solid RPG similar to Origins/Odyssey and don't mind a few bugs go right again. If you are a completionist who enjoys ticking those trophies/achievements off then be warned several of them are either impossible or incredibly frustrating to completely as a result of bugs.
  34. Dec 21, 2020
    Boring, left it after 3-4h. If u are ac fan u should like it, but if not better dont buy.
  35. Mar 14, 2021
    Was really looking forward to this one after Odyssey but sadly it is nowhere near as fun and ends up just being a chore. The combat is very repetitive, the side missions (mysteries) are mind numbingly dull and even the story fails to entertain. Building up your settlement was a great idea but is sadly undercooked. The A.I. is extremely dumb and a downgrade from the previous title.

Wait

Wait for a sale or just buy Odyssey if you haven't already.
  36. Mar 9, 2021
    This game is a significant downgrade from Origins. The gaming mechanics are pure trash. Advertised as a "PS5 Upgrade" the graphics and atmosphere are not even comparable to Black Flag. Another cut and paste game from a series that is getting worse, not better.
  37. Mar 20, 2021
    Last Assassin's Creed I will play. It simply is too average for he time invest. It's not a bad game, so giving 0 is dumb, but it's also not a 10.

Positive: - Graphics - Setting Neutral: - Story (in some Parts its good, but never really feels unique and overwhelming) Bad - Skills and Equipment System feels not very rewarding - Fights become boring (If you realize the

- Graphics
    - Setting

Neutral:

Bad
    - Skills and Equipment System feels not very rewarding
    - Fights become boring (If you realize the mechanics you can try to avoid most of them, but it feels odd)
    - Feels grindy (it's like the UBI developers always had the In-Game Shop in the back of their head)
    - too much repetitive Content

Generally favorable reviews - based on 8 Critic Reviews

1. Dec 15, 2020
    There are two competing experiences here: that as as Assassin, and that as a Viking, that either on its own feels like it might have been a triumph and better than this good but not great Assass-king hybrid we have.
  2. Dec 3, 2020
    Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla effortlessly plants its banner as the best open world RPG available for the new consoles. This Viking epic flexes its gore-soaked, tattooed muscles when it comes to world-building, and medieval England wows with its enchanting untamed vistas. It’s also portioned out at a steady pace and, if not for the repetitive, limited combat, Valhalla could have ranked even higher among our favourite games in the series.
    Is Assassin’s Creed Valhalla the best entry in the series yet? Some would be tempted to say so. While the map size might overwhelm some players, it remains an easy game to mainline with the right navigation mode turned on. In fact, the quick load times help to make this an even easier task than in previous generations. This is an iteration of Assassin’s Creed that has a bit of everything from the previous games, as refined as we have seen to date.