7.9

1. Jan 30, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Why. Is. It. A 10. Just. Why. So after that breakdown, why are we still here. Expand
  2. Apr 12, 2021
    good and well created game, i playen on my switch and have a good experience.
  3. Mar 11, 2021
    what a great game we have here, a huge improvement for this franchise, really addictive
  4. Nov 5, 2021
    Loved the first game and continued to love the second. Seeing the characters grow and evolve gave me the same warm feeling I had previously and it's amazing how such light games can give you so much satisfaction. Ryza series were the first Atelier games I played and after this can't wait to get more.
  5. Mar 25, 2022
    So heres my thing, I give this a 9 because I love everything about the Ryza games from a gameplay standpoint.

I'm probably the one person who really thinks Ryza's really too much of an over the top character. My issue is that, she's support to be a tomboy but acts very feminine and cutsy. Always in peoples face thinking everyone needs to be like her. Running off the with the boys, but everything about her Design contradicts the character she's portrayed as. This is the example of fanservice over great design choices. If I was to look at ryza only head to shoulders, she begins looking great. Then you add her character description and the rest of her body and my only response is, Japan.... Always doing the most.

Outside of that, a whatever story but my favourite combat in the series and like that it's more adventure based than I think any of the titles I've played have been.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 16 Critic Reviews

1. Mar 17, 2021
    The Atelier series is the most consistently-excellent brand in the JRPG genre, and Atelier Ryza 2 is another big win for the developers, as each new iteration finds a way to keep the gameplay fresh and interesting. All the developers had to do this time was not drop the ball after the excellent Ryza 1, but by digging in and developing their wonderful cast, they’ve gone above and beyond in setting up a fascinating journey to come.
  2. Feb 15, 2021
    Although I’ve picked apart several problems with Atelier Ryza 2, the bottom line is that they’re all minor issues. Rarely does anything detract from the joy of stepping into Ryza’s shoes and simply existing in this gorgeous world. There’s so much to do, and every element of the game – from exploring, to crafting, to combat – is immersive and rewarding. It’s a shame there’s no English voice acting, and a bit more direction would be helpful at times, but even with those faults, Atelier Ryza 2: Lost Legends & the Secret Fairy remains a delightful way to spend 40+ hours of your life.
  3. Feb 10, 2021
    This sequel to an already-decent entry in the Atelier franchise makes improvements in just about every area, giving fans good reason to reunite with Ryza and pals for another alchemy-filled adventure.