6.7

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Oct 4, 2021
    And a new round of "elitism" of the Sony boys. They will put 10 out of 10 on kojima's fingertips, even if they sell the same game twice, three times, etc. And the problem is not Billy boy, but Sony's politics. They release a game with a minimum of innovations at full price. Yes, any company for this would have been drowned in dislikes and 0/0 for a long time. But Sony doesn't care, theyAnd a new round of "elitism" of the Sony boys. They will put 10 out of 10 on kojima's fingertips, even if they sell the same game twice, three times, etc. And the problem is not Billy boy, but Sony's politics. They release a game with a minimum of innovations at full price. Yes, any company for this would have been drowned in dislikes and 0/0 for a long time. But Sony doesn't care, they milk their fans for money, and they are even happy. And of course the release of the director's cut only on PS is, to put it mildly, piggish. Well, the comments of Sony fans that it is necessary to completely cancel the user rating completely speaks for itself. They're not playing a game, they're playing numbers on metacritic. After all, 10 out of 10 elitism must be maintained, because Sony simply cannot release bad games on its platform. Expand
  2. Sep 28, 2021
    No Monster Energy in the director's version? Kojima betrayed us all. Sam can only drink Monster Energy - that's the basis of the game.
  3. Oct 3, 2021
    Je suis pas content.
    Là en gros il sont en train de nous vendre un DLC pour le prix d'un nouveau jeu. Et quand je vois ce que coute la mise à niveau du jeu avec le dlc quand on a déjà le jeu sur ps4, c'est encore plus honteux.
    Je suis pas content.
    Comment on peut accepter ça. Et quand je vois tout ceux qui mettent 18-19-20 pour ça, c'est pas normal sachant que c'est gratuit partout ailleurs ou juste quelques euros pour les studio plus vénal. Sony vient de passer pour le constructeur et ses studios pour les plis cher du marché. C'est même une première et les seuls à faire payer une mise à niveau graphique d'un jeu récent. Sans parler des 2-3 options supplémentaires qui sont gratuites partout ailleurs, même le DLC est l'un des plus cher de l'histoire connaissant en plus qu'il est pas non plus énorme et propose quelques chose de dispensable.
  4. Oct 4, 2021
    оригинал понравился но в этом переиздании слишком мало нового чтобы платить фулл прайс
  5. Sep 27, 2021
    I was warned but believed Internet warriors that this game is more than walking simulator. Well, it isn't. Deleted after 6-7 hours. :(
  6. Sep 28, 2021
    В эту игру нужно играть, это слишком высокое требование к игроку для 2021-го года.
  7. Sep 28, 2021
    I don't know what the difference between this version and old version .. Director cut is lie of the generation
  8. Sep 26, 2021
    Refunded the game. The added content doesn't fix any of the core issues of the game. Kojima has truly lost his touch and perhaps mind, just abandon this abomination called Death Stranding already and move on and make something new, hopefully an actual game this time.
  9. Sep 28, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Kojima must be very ignorant, a pity of time and money, I work in life like a porter now I play the role of porter in a game! A one point just because of the graphics of the game Expand
  10. Sep 26, 2021
    Terrible! Complaints about the price tag and the fact that little has been added and chapters that do not particularly reveal the plot. And also about adding items that make the game very simple and deprives the charm of all the originally conceived gameplay (perhaps we are talking about a jetpack, because in reality it destroys the balance)
  11. Sep 27, 2021
    Удалили монстр, поэтому я ставлю 0. Без монстра игра становится сразу ужасной и не интересной.
  12. Sep 27, 2021
    Le plongeon bizarroïde de Hideokojimadesu m'a définitivement convaincu de dire un grand NON à ce jeu.. NON, NON et NON, pti bijour à Profthierry quand meme
  13. Sep 28, 2021
    The director's cut adds a new area, a racetrack, some songs, a few missions and a few items. What caused them to think that this games ATROCIOUS driving warranted a race track I do not know. It is abhorrent. The new area (building and top of a hill) is beautiful but really is something that was cut out in order to sell back to us later on. Wait for the price to fall. It isnt 2deep4u. It isThe director's cut adds a new area, a racetrack, some songs, a few missions and a few items. What caused them to think that this games ATROCIOUS driving warranted a race track I do not know. It is abhorrent. The new area (building and top of a hill) is beautiful but really is something that was cut out in order to sell back to us later on. Wait for the price to fall. It isnt 2deep4u. It is a walking sim given a kojima makeover with added urination and poop jokes. This is the point where we must stop kissing Hideo's rear because his games are suffering. From the visionary who brought us the first 3 MGS games we are right in expecting more. Maybe its time he left video games to people who enjoy playing them and just go off to make movies.

For my original review see below:

First and foremost It is a walking sim. The presentation and actors are great and the world looks beautiful but there is very little actual gameplay fun to be had here. Hideos intentions are honourable verging on sickly but the point persists that video games must be fun and there is very little to be found in DS. This is exactly the kind of bloated movie with added game that konami canned him for. In no way is it acceptable to have to skip the same 4 cutscenes every time just to shower. I would urge players to note the amount of times they have thought 'just let me play the game'. And from past experience we know that games that do this lack gameplay - MGS4 for example. At this point Hideo should just go and make movies because the severe amount of bloated pointless garbage in this game renders gameplay an afterthought. It is charming: the cast are great and a few terrible lines aside its a fairly solid (sorry) story. But it is a lot less smart than it believes itself to be. It is everything questionable/bad about Hideos games and please note i am saying this as a fan of 20years and having completed DS and nearly Platinum'd it. It is blatant that Kojima has played and attempted to ripoff games like Journey and Firewatch. DS is a big budget faux-hollywood version of these games. Isolation is a theme throughout but upon beating the game it feels more like an excuse for foisting an empty world on us. I will never condone konamis practices but after experiencing DS i can understand why they kept tabs on the Kojimaisms in all the games hes released. This is not an MGS2-esque prophecy that will be relevant in a decade - it is a knee-jerk pander piece trying to cash in on modern political paranoia. What many will refuse to admit is that after making a series based on the Patriots system of control you spend DS building one yourself amid claims that it will 'bring da people togevur'. The formula for the gameplay we do get is 'Go from A to B dodging ghosts or humans - meet thank you hologram - rinse and repeat' and it is not good enough. I cannot tell you how many times my thumb ached from holding the same direction for minutes on end. A total lack of dynamism. It is honestly an amazon simulator and any majesty the world had evaporates when you can build roads through it. I have lost a lot of faith in my usual trusted reviewers because theyre calling this game a 9+/10 and that is nowhere near true.
    Hideo is a genius and the world sorely needs his games. But this is barely a game. I think we have reached the point where he should just go and make movies because this game is an afterthought attached to one.
  14. Sep 29, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I love MGS. Love it. My favorite seres.
    I love open world games. I love good music and graphics I love Norman Reedus This however is the worst game I ever played. I honestly can’t get over how boring this game is.
    It’s the worst. The worst gameplay ever. I am so disappointed with this game. It looked bad, but I have a PS5 so why not, how bad can 4K 60 be Turns out…. Pretty bad !!!
  15. Sep 25, 2021
    New version is still a boring walking simulator with near zero interesting gameplay. Avoid.
  16. Sep 25, 2021
    the new items they added just makes the game way too easy
    baby difficulty
    still same bugs and other problems with the game
  17. Sep 29, 2021
    Walking simulator all over again. 2 or 3 more things but they are selling it like it was a brand new game. Trash.
  18. Sep 27, 2021
    One of the worst games I’ve ever played. Good visuals only get you so far, but if your game takes 15-20 hours to get started, you have FAILED as a game developer. Somehow watching paint dry would be less boring than playing this glorified walking simulator. The story is weird, boring and borderline non-sensical just for the sake of being “artsy”. Somebody needs to keep Kojima away fromOne of the worst games I’ve ever played. Good visuals only get you so far, but if your game takes 15-20 hours to get started, you have FAILED as a game developer. Somehow watching paint dry would be less boring than playing this glorified walking simulator. The story is weird, boring and borderline non-sensical just for the sake of being “artsy”. Somebody needs to keep Kojima away from games all together. I got absolutely nothing out of this aside from wasted money. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME! Expand
  19. Sep 26, 2021
    Un timo por completo, 80 dolares por el mismo juego y 2 horas de dlc, playstation se esta convirtiendo en el apple de los videojuegos
  20. Sep 25, 2021
    I prefer the original game. new equipments really ruined the game. there's no challenge anymore. you can just use your jetpack and come off a cliff. wtf
  21. Sep 28, 2021
    this game is very boring, repetitive and easy. The added content isn’t all that special either.
  22. Oct 16, 2021
    I played the original game on PS4. Easily one of the worst games I've ever played for 8th Generation consoles and among the worst I've played in general. The story is absolutely horrible and impossible to follow, a problem shared with Metal Gear Solid 2, another Kojima product I don't like.

The gameplay is even worse and is easily the worst I've ever played on PS4. This game proves that Kojima needs Konami more than Konami needs Kojima. Go back to Konami please.
  23. Nov 8, 2021
    Refritos a 80€ cojo un juego de ps5 le meto dos cosillas y a pagar de nuevo . Refrito de nuggets a 80€

Generally favorable reviews - based on 63 Critic Reviews

1. Oct 29, 2021
    Death Stranding: Director’s Cut is the definitive version of the game, packaging everything in and adding a whole lot more. Kojima’s unique and captivating journey across America feels like it achieves what it couldn’t on PS4, due to excellent DualSense enhancement and some meaningful updates.
  2. Oct 19, 2021
    If you have never played Death Stranding and are on the fence about picking it up, this is the version to go for. Everything about it has been improved upon, and navigation has been perfected, so if you don’t want to walk 20 minutes to every destination, the Director’s Cut has supplied you with all the right tools to make it faster and more efficient.
  3. PLAY
    Oct 17, 2021
    You’ve also got new tools for making deliveries, such as a cargo cannon, a robot helper, and even an on-foot only, very steep bridge. Nothing here really ousts the base game’s structures, which is for the best as it means the shared network of nearby players continues to stand strong. Some of it may make the game a little easier, but none of it’s really necessary. That holds true for many PS5 upgrades. Death Stranding is better here than it was on the last-gen console, and it might be worth a revisit to see how the land has changed, but it’s not a must-see replay. [Issue#7, p.74]