8.6

1. Nov 22, 2020
    Strong doubt that any real souls fan will like this, personally i feel empty after playing this.
    Nothing stood out, yeah some bosses were okay, but overall it's just meh. I would give it way higher score if it was like 30 dollars, but 70 is just too much for this. Overall i didn't like it.
    I don't regret buying PS5, because i have so many other games to play, but i regret buying this game.
  2. Nov 22, 2020
    Unusually bad remake from Sony. I was expecting something revolutionary for PS5 launch game, because this was supposed to be reason to buy PS5 in 2020, even tho i bought it anyway but for other games. But Demon's Souls remake was just waste of money imo, i haven't even finished it and i probably wont. I literally booted up my PS3 to try original again to make sure i wasn't wrong and no iUnusually bad remake from Sony. I was expecting something revolutionary for PS5 launch game, because this was supposed to be reason to buy PS5 in 2020, even tho i bought it anyway but for other games. But Demon's Souls remake was just waste of money imo, i haven't even finished it and i probably wont. I literally booted up my PS3 to try original again to make sure i wasn't wrong and no i wasn't. Original actually stood out in 2010. This one doesn't stand out even if really tries. Expand
  3. Nov 22, 2020
    I'll be completely honest, i'm not impressed. As a longtime souls fan i was actually confused why even remake it? Original is perfectly fine, but i was like "fine, i will try it". Even tho it's 60fps, it doesn't feel "extremely smooth". It just doesn't add enough to justify this remake compared to other high quality remakes.
  4. Nov 22, 2020
    I didn't enjoy Demon's Souls Remake at all. Something felt off with it. Almost like there was no passion behind this project. Some boss re-designs looked worse than original and overall it didn't do enough new things to justify this remake. PS: I have played original multiple times.
  5. Nov 22, 2020
    Like so many others have already stated, this remake doesn't live up to original, not even close. They took great Japanese game and had no idea what to do with it. Conclusion : They made boring boss simulator. I had to buy it to try it, but i can say that after playing it i wouldn't even buy it for 30 dollars, just giving honest advice! Specially in rough year like 2020, when many don'tLike so many others have already stated, this remake doesn't live up to original, not even close. They took great Japanese game and had no idea what to do with it. Conclusion : They made boring boss simulator. I had to buy it to try it, but i can say that after playing it i wouldn't even buy it for 30 dollars, just giving honest advice! Specially in rough year like 2020, when many don't have lots of money, it's wise to think what to buy and i wouldn't recommend this one. It gets boring quickly and add almost nothing to original. I would advise buying something that is actually fun and has lots of content like Assassin' Creed Valhalla or Cyberpunk 2077! Expand
  6. Nov 22, 2020
    Where this deep, almost scary atmosphere from the first game? If you gonna remake a classic, you have to either make it better or at least same level. This on looks way too clean. I could mistake it for any indie game honestly. 70 dollars for 60fps. Welcome to 2020.
  7. Nov 23, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It doesn't worth what I spent on it. $80 Euros, no thanks! It's not that good. Expand
  8. Nov 22, 2020
    Hopeless attempt to remake something that never needed a remake. Any other game would have been better choice, specially something older, pre 2007. I actually got really sad while playing it, because i was really hoping that it's something special, but it wasn't, it really wasn't. 60fps made everything smoother and that's about it. Not recommending.
  9. Nov 22, 2020
    I'll make this review really short, because i don't have much to say about this one.

Graphics - 8 / 10
    Story - 1 / 10
    Gameplay - 6 / 10
    New boss designs VS The Original - 4 / 10
    Innovations that would justify this remake - 2 / 10
    Conclusion: 3 / 10
  10. Nov 21, 2020
    Not worth £70...

Only buy this game if you are a hardcore souls fan otherwise you will be hugely disappointed. There’s much better launch titles to get on the ps5 such as spiderman.
  11. Nov 22, 2020
    Not what i expected! I was ready for some masterful remake, but what i got was average game. Hopefully Resident Evil 4 remake will be good!
  12. Nov 16, 2020
    overhyped game for ps5
    not worth the price
    very overpriced
    wait for a sale
    it doesn't worth it
  13. Nov 20, 2020
    Caught up in the hype train I purchased this one, but I've never played a "souls" games before. After spending a few hours on this one I'd say its a hard pass. The difficulty isnt that bad, much like old generation games like Ninja Gaiden or Castlevania. You just need to learn how to play and what the patterns are. Honestly its not fun though, like at all. Generic character, no story, PVPCaught up in the hype train I purchased this one, but I've never played a "souls" games before. After spending a few hours on this one I'd say its a hard pass. The difficulty isnt that bad, much like old generation games like Ninja Gaiden or Castlevania. You just need to learn how to play and what the patterns are. Honestly its not fun though, like at all. Generic character, no story, PVP is ridiculously frustrating while learning the game, and its just boring dying over and over on stupid stuff. Save your money for a sale if you must, but this is the most overrated game I've seen in a long time. It is a glorified tech demo, absolutely beautiful but not worth the time. Expand
  14. Nov 22, 2020
    This is not a demon soul.....Blm did their job.Not even close to the original.0/10
  15. Nov 16, 2020
    I'm someone who played and loved DS3 and Bloodborne and was excited to give Demon's Souls a try, never having played it before. It turns out that this game is extremely faithful to the original game, which means that the mechanics of the game are quite dated. I've put about ten hours into it at this point and I don't think I'm going to go any further, because it's just so tedious. The gameI'm someone who played and loved DS3 and Bloodborne and was excited to give Demon's Souls a try, never having played it before. It turns out that this game is extremely faithful to the original game, which means that the mechanics of the game are quite dated. I've put about ten hours into it at this point and I don't think I'm going to go any further, because it's just so tedious. The game is pretty easy for the most part, including the regular enemies and bosses. This, unfortunately, leaves the challenging parts to be the things which aren't fun at all, including the maze like levels and distance between the save points and the end of the level. If you make a mistake, or if the game throws in something like an invisible enemy that inflicts a new status effect that kills you in seconds towards the end of the level, then you get to retrace quite a long trail to get back where you were. Maybe ten years ago, this would have been less of a tough pill to swallow, but in today's day and age, and after having played (and mastered) DS3 and Bloodborne, this type of gameplay just feels tedious to be moreso than fun. I guess I'm back to waiting for Elden Ring. Expand
  16. Nov 17, 2020
    The best thing of Demon's Souls were it's design and artstyle and Bluepoint has successfully ruined it, by editing characters, colors and architecture. On the other hand the bad thing about Demon's Souls were it's unbalanced gameplay and mechanics (you still need to grind items and can abuse some weapons in pvp) and Bluepoint didn't even touched it. Bad, very bad.
  17. Nov 20, 2020
    It comes to a point that a challenge is turned into nosense, there is no fun in this loop.
  18. Nov 22, 2020
    É a mesma coisa no ps3 e ainda custa 300 reais mais 5 mil do ps5 não vale a pena
  19. Nov 18, 2020
    Fun but with mechanics from a game from years ago, the graphics do not save it
  20. Nov 19, 2020
    Если отбросить что она тормозит на ps5, неудобная работа камеры изза которой можно провалиться в яму и умереть так как узкие пространства с ужасным обзором, то что после каждой смерти надо начинать с самого начала, то игра довольно неплохая, но все вышеперечисленное в игре присутствует так что я жалею потраченных денег за это жалкое подобие игрыЕсли отбросить что она тормозит на ps5, неудобная работа камеры изза которой можно провалиться в яму и умереть так как узкие пространства с ужасным обзором, то что после каждой смерти надо начинать с самого начала, то игра довольно неплохая, но все вышеперечисленное в игре присутствует так что я жалею потраченных денег за это жалкое подобие игры
  21. Nov 14, 2020
    There’s no reason for this remake to exist. The PS3 game runs better on PC as it is without the needless redesigns that ruin the atmosphere.
  22. Nov 13, 2020
    Weak remake with awful fake marketing. Disgusting. I would absolutely never recommend this game to anyone.
  23. Nov 16, 2020
    While the graphics is indeed awesome, the most iconic aspect of this game was its soundtrack. They "remastered" wrongly, removing all the iconic bits that made it so special, and now it sounds extremely generic fantasy music. The soundtrack of the Tower Knight boss fight? Gone. That's really a shame.
  24. Nov 15, 2020
    80€.
    Именно столько они просят за ремейк игры. 80, черт подери, евро.
    80€.
    Именно столько они просят за ремейк игры. 80, черт подери, евро.
    Давайте разберем по полочкам все, почему эта игра - ни стоит таких денег и уж тем более не стоит зваться наследником оригинала. Здесь, по классике нового ориентирования рынка Sony на запад, завезли BLM и SJW-мусор и прочие вещи, которым ним место ни в одной игре. Сеты персонажей выглядят прямиком как треш-фрики из Тамблера. Дизайн игры в целом и персонажей в частности был изменен на западный манер, потеряв былую оригинальность и самобытность. Персонажей сделали более "репрезентативными", как модно нынче говорить. И вы понимаете, о чем я сейчас. Про то, что герой априори небинарен и вместо пол здесь есть выбор между "типом тела А" и "типом тела Б", я думаю не стоит и заикаться.
    Обещания и реальность. Все мы не должны забывать громкие слова о трассировке лучей в игре на презентации PS5. А что в итоге? Это был обман, лишь ради громкого маркетингового словца. Про то что игра выйдет на PC и "других платформах" мы тоже помним прекрасно. Но ведь тогда не вышло бы просить за эту поделку 80€, верно, Sony? Конечно же, верно.
    Игра спокойно бы запустилась и на PS4, лишь с добавлением загрузок и в качестве ниже. Все мы видели The Last of Us Part II и то, что она прекрасно работала на прошлом поколении. И вы хотите сказать, что ремейк Demons Souls бы не пошел? Не смешите свою же аудиторию.
    Это глупость и жадность. Вопиющая. Ценник этой игре должен быть 40$, как у ремейка первой части Mafia. Не больше. А за 80€ и спрашивать с игры нужно, как с того, что стоит 80€. И это не цена данной "поделки". Ни в коем разе.
    Но, судя по оценкам, люди съели и это. И попросят еще. Тогда, впрочем, не жалуйтесь позже на то, какие сюрпризы вам приготовит Бобби Котик, поняв, как легко доить из такого стада как вы, ставящего 10/10 подобной "игре", деньги.
    Пожалуй, тут больше нечего сказать.
  25. Nov 13, 2020
    Resident Evil 2 team actually tried when making remake of classic. This one just feels soulless cash crab. Wouldn't recommend to anyone.
  26. Nov 13, 2020
    In my honest opinion it's not worth it. There's so many other games that actually need remake. This one is perfectly playable on ps3. PS5 starts out super weak, spiderman dlc and remake of not that old game? Come on. I have killed two bosses so far and it's just same. I have original as well and i rather play that.
  27. Nov 13, 2020
    Only strength over original is 60fps, that's it. Would never recommend this to anyone.
  28. Nov 13, 2020
    I'm so done with these endless remakes already, but the way they are marketing this is just awful. They took classic souls entry and painted it over, added hd textures, 60fps and now that's what console launch titles are going to be?? Not recommending this.
  29. Nov 13, 2020
    Overall very "whatever" remake. Ironically it feels like there's absolutely no SOUL in this game that's supposed to be part of SOULS SERIES. I would say wait for sale, but i would rather more recommend original.
  30. Nov 13, 2020
    Extremely weak entry into souls franchise. Other than graphics and fps boost, it has nothing special to offer.
  31. Nov 13, 2020
    I would recommend original so much more than this "remake". They took absolute classic and are trying to make quick cash with it. I still have original on ps3, you can get it cheap anywhere. This weak excuse for a remake shouldn't be a reason to get ps5. I'm very disappointed.
  32. Nov 13, 2020
    Worst boss simulator of 2020. Can't believe people pay 60 dollars to die 100 times on one boss, just to move on to next boss and then next, over and over again. Sekiro at least tried to add some story. This is just meh.
  33. Nov 13, 2020
    This must be most overhyped remake of all time. I bet people hype it up because it's console exclusive. I played it 2 hours and i'm already bored.
  34. Nov 13, 2020
    This game is not worth it. It's buggy and it pales compared to superior original.
  35. Nov 14, 2020
    Bluepoint reworked its core art, which was perfect as it was, leaving the part that really needed some next gen upgrades same as it was on PS3. As a result, you get nice graphics sacrificing the original eeriee and mystical soundtrack and atmosphere for a bunch of nice 4k screenshots with bombastic music but 11 years old gameplay. Play has no limits? More like marketing has no limits.
  36. Nov 13, 2020
    £70 is a total rip off. Greedy Sony trying to rob their early adopters. Rubbish. Don't waste your money.
  37. Nov 13, 2020
    Game looks good,but the mechanics are almost the same and at the end it felt like playing the old demon souls game, i felt kinda robbed.
  38. Nov 14, 2020
    Completely ruins the aesthetic and the atmosphere and the soundtrack of the original game, which is the very thing that made the original a timeless classic. It reminds me of the WarCraft3 remake; a cheap cninese knock-off (no offence to the chinese)
  39. Nov 14, 2020
    Game play is decent however the artistic changes made this remake too difficult to truly enjoy, especially coming from someone who considered the original a favorite.
  40. Nov 13, 2020
    Bluepoint completely destroyed the Soundtrack, Art Direction, Sound Design, Atmosphere and Environmental Story telling of Demon's Souls. Anyone who played the original Demon's Souls, but also likes this abomination is not a true fan of Hidetaka Miyazaki, From Software and the Soulsborne games. Only people who didn't experience the original Demon's Souls can like this garbage remake,Bluepoint completely destroyed the Soundtrack, Art Direction, Sound Design, Atmosphere and Environmental Story telling of Demon's Souls. Anyone who played the original Demon's Souls, but also likes this abomination is not a true fan of Hidetaka Miyazaki, From Software and the Soulsborne games. Only people who didn't experience the original Demon's Souls can like this garbage remake, because they don't understand what they are missing and what true Demon's Souls is. Expand
  41. Nov 13, 2020
    To my knowledge, the appropriate term for something like this is "Reforged", not "Remake".
  42. Nov 14, 2020
    Ridiculous long ways to go at the boss. Bosses are gods. Dark Souls 1,2,3, are infinite better, and now this refurbished....
  43. Nov 13, 2020
    This game lost its true style. A video game which was an good old game has lost its charm. It's difficulty system has been tarnished. I am really dissapointed
  44. Nov 13, 2020
    Disgraceful remake. FromSoft's art direction is lost here thanks to western developers thinking they know better. The environments, the lighting, the NPCs, the bosses and enemies, the voice acting, the sound design, and the soundtrack all have very drastic and awful changes to them. Don't get this if you're a fan of the Souls games.
  45. tec
    Nov 14, 2020
    Game is more barebones than any other Souls game but suddenly after america retextures it, giving it only a visual upgrade, it is fantastic? no this game is a scam, demons souls was 9 years old with a 2 gen difference. it´s a glorified texture pack for 70 bucks + online tip, nothing new is added, no QoL changes. the visuals were just fine and releasing this as a consoleseller/ main lineupGame is more barebones than any other Souls game but suddenly after america retextures it, giving it only a visual upgrade, it is fantastic? no this game is a scam, demons souls was 9 years old with a 2 gen difference. it´s a glorified texture pack for 70 bucks + online tip, nothing new is added, no QoL changes. the visuals were just fine and releasing this as a consoleseller/ main lineup title is simply embarrasing. it was a dark gothic setting with little fantasy elements. now it´s bright and shiny. it´s wow reforged all over again, unfortunatly it´s released as a "exclusive" on a new hardware so people need to justify throwing their cash away for a new machine which tries even more to seperate you from your belonings and making you dependable from sony. big nope. Expand
  46. Nov 14, 2020
    This is an absolute travesty, I see no reason to give it anything above a zero when its quite literally the exact same game I already own but with an "americanized" artstyle. Bluepoint "remade" a great artists masterpiece by turning it into a disney animatronic ride where you need to be at least 110cm tall to enter. Its an absolute abomination and I cant decide whether to cry or laughThis is an absolute travesty, I see no reason to give it anything above a zero when its quite literally the exact same game I already own but with an "americanized" artstyle. Bluepoint "remade" a great artists masterpiece by turning it into a disney animatronic ride where you need to be at least 110cm tall to enter. Its an absolute abomination and I cant decide whether to cry or laugh while comparing it to the original. A great testament to just how little SONY cares about games and how they only see them as products to milk for the lowest common denominator. Expand
  47. Nov 15, 2020
    Same animation over and over, only improvement was on the graphics, gameplay turno out to ve boring
  48. Nov 13, 2020
    One of worst remastered that I ever experienced
    Bravely I can say even god fall is much better than this ****
  49. Nov 13, 2020
    OMG , It has bug and glitches. Sometimes is stuck and get noises. The Al of character are very bad. It's 70$ for nothing. Don't buy the game
  50. Nov 14, 2020
    Well, most people prefer Lil Pump over Beethoven, so that explains the 10/10 reviews. Ruined the OST.
  51. Nov 14, 2020
    No tiene Ray tracing, no tiene 4k nativos, anda perfectamente los 60 fps y gráficamente no se ve tan como lo esperábamos, es lamentable que se utilizará para abrir una nueva generación, al contrario de la competencia que no tenía nada pero no la kgaron como lo hicimos aquí.
  52. Nov 15, 2020
    Never thought I'd see a woke *souls game. This remake is SOULLESS. Sorry for the pun.
  53. Nov 14, 2020
    There is a reason why Souls games are respected- because they are Japanese made, and they dont play like western games. Well except this one, which is americanized, casualized, bastardized version of true classic. Why play it? I dont know, original is better in every way, except graphics technically. But atmosphere, level design, difficulty- everything is lacking here and/or screamsThere is a reason why Souls games are respected- because they are Japanese made, and they dont play like western games. Well except this one, which is americanized, casualized, bastardized version of true classic. Why play it? I dont know, original is better in every way, except graphics technically. But atmosphere, level design, difficulty- everything is lacking here and/or screams generic. And music, holy **** they butchered music so much i want to cry. Do yourself a favor and buy PS3 version, not this one. Im a fan of Souls, not american dreams about it. Not to mention this abhorrent pricetag. Expand
  54. Nov 13, 2020
    The game of the best souls of my life! I can highly recommend it to everyone! Huge game! Great for character creation, graphics, visuals, mood. The controller makes the whole game even more amazing! There can be no complaints about either Ps5 or the game! Whoever scores this didn’t even play with it, just intentionally pulling down the game. Unfortunately, there are a lot of trolls. It isThe game of the best souls of my life! I can highly recommend it to everyone! Huge game! Great for character creation, graphics, visuals, mood. The controller makes the whole game even more amazing! There can be no complaints about either Ps5 or the game! Whoever scores this didn’t even play with it, just intentionally pulling down the game. Unfortunately, there are a lot of trolls. It is better not to deal with them. Maximum point for me. Expand
  55. Nov 13, 2020
    Such a stunning remake!! Bluepoint games did a great work. The atmosphere is lit, the graphisms are incredible, the game can be at 60fps and the news soundtracks are beautiful.
    A must play for Soulsborne veterans and for newcomers of course
  56. Nov 13, 2020
    What is there to say, its a souls game. They took the game that started it all and built it from the ground out and gave it a rocket engine to boot.
    I love this when it came out on the ps3 and love it even more on the PS5. This game has everything you loved about the older game plus more, the only thing I was disappointed about was the 6th Archstone. Maybe they will get the go ahead to make a DLC where they fix and finally give everyone what they wanted for so long...a whole Archstone and new lands to explore.
  57. Nov 13, 2020
    Awesome just awesome. What a remake.don't listen to haters this game is more than great
  58. Nov 13, 2020
    The game is awesome! The plot and gameplay is very interesting and good Bluepoint nailed it
  59. Nov 13, 2020
    Thanks for that, Sony! This game is just perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  60. Nov 19, 2020
    It's back and more beautiful than ever, ignore the stupidly low scores from people here that probably haven't even played it, it's excellent.
  61. Nov 19, 2020
    amazing it broughts more life at one game that revolutioned the rpg games and born the souls saga bluepoint games maked a very good work on it 10/10
  62. Nov 13, 2020
    I am not sure what else to say other than this game is absolutely beautiful and smooth to play.

As a massive souls fan I cannot recommend this game enough, the environments and atmosphere are amazing. The combat feels good and build diversity is high My only knock on the game is item weight, I really feel this one thing is just a bad design, I did not play the original but I saw

My only knock on the game is item weight, I really feel this one thing is just a bad design, I did not play the original but I saw others voice their displeasure over keeping it as well

If you are a fan of the soulsborne series then I highly recommend you give this game a playthrough, with the active online community its going to be a blast
  63. Nov 13, 2020
    Bluepoint has done it again. Another great remake. Great gameplay with smooth frame rates and one of the great visual graphics in video game history. Games like this are the why PlayStation has always been better than Xbox.
  64. Nov 13, 2020
    Amazing game. I’m a huge souls fan and this game has not disappointed. Highly recommended.
  65. Nov 13, 2020
    Best remake I ever I can’t believe that a soul game can be that beautiful hard game of the year without second thought thank you bluepoint for this masterpiece
  66. Nov 13, 2020
    Unbelievable remake. Bluepoint has done a fantastic job. It is the best game visually I have ever played. WHAT A GAME !!!
  67. Nov 13, 2020
    Like the original, it is very impressive and soulslike lovers will love it.
  68. Nov 13, 2020
    Bluepoint has done a great game this time, gameplay is smooth and locked at 60fps. The plot is incredible and interesting also there are a lots of weapons to use. Everyone needs to play this
  69. Nov 13, 2020
    Amazing game, 10 out 10.
    Graphics are unreal, this will probably be the best looking From Software game ever that was kind of not built by From Software.
    From Software created the foundation but BluePoint created the shell and made some very good changes to the foundation. The combat is so smooth, every change that BluePoint made was for the better. THey didn't change much, but they
    Amazing game, 10 out 10.

The combat is so smooth, every change that BluePoint made was for the better. THey didn't change much, but they did change some small things.
  70. Nov 13, 2020
    A must play for Soulsborne veterans and for newcomers of course
  71. Nov 13, 2020
    Bluepoint are the masters of remakes and demon's souls is their best work, the best graphics ever.
  72. Nov 13, 2020
    one of the best souls games! just stunning! it may be one of the greatest launch titles ever!
  73. Nov 13, 2020
    This game ist pure Nostalgic. Good graphics same feeling. I highly recommend this game
  74. Nov 13, 2020
    A great game, everything is in the best possible shape and it deserves a perfect score.
  75. Nov 13, 2020
    If you like the souls series but never had a chance to try out demon's souls now it's the perfect time. Insane graphic overhaul and solid 60fps throughout.
  76. Nov 13, 2020
    As a souls game lover, it doesn’t get much prettier and performance wise better than Demons Souls PS5. This is truly a next next experience. Game is 10/10. Thank you BluePoint for remaking a masterpiece.
  77. Nov 13, 2020
    Jogaço pra quem é fã da franquia Souls é um prato cheio.
  78. Nov 29, 2020
    trash, too bad, you will only like if you are a franchise fan, if you're not, don't buy it!
  79. Nov 30, 2020
    Videogame publishers don't deserve 70 dollars just because they decided they want it.
  80. Nov 29, 2020
    This is the laziest remake I've ever seen. There's been almost no changes at all. The only thing I noticed is the ability to send things to stash. Otherwise they just took the old game, put almost no work in it, slapped a $70 price tag and called it a day.
  81. Nov 30, 2020
    Had solid potential, but sadly fell flat on pretty much every aspect. Other than 6ofps (that's like normal for every next gen game by the way, so it shouldn't be selling point anyway) it offer nothing really interesting. They don't do some crazy re-invention that would justify this remake like Final Fantasy VII Remake or Resident Evil 2 Remake. There's a reason why "Psycho" (1998) remakeHad solid potential, but sadly fell flat on pretty much every aspect. Other than 6ofps (that's like normal for every next gen game by the way, so it shouldn't be selling point anyway) it offer nothing really interesting. They don't do some crazy re-invention that would justify this remake like Final Fantasy VII Remake or Resident Evil 2 Remake. There's a reason why "Psycho" (1998) remake is so hated, but "Dawn of the Dead" (2004) remake isn't. Literally same thing matters for games as it does for movies. Expand
  82. Nov 30, 2020
    I'm pretty sure many people actually bought it, because there's not much else to play on PS5 right now (that's sad btw), but i strongly doubt that anyone deeply loves this game. What i'm seeing right now is that everyone is addicted to Assassin's Creed Valhalla and that's not PS5 exclusive. But for some reason everyone is using PS5 to play that, so maybe sony messed up with launchI'm pretty sure many people actually bought it, because there's not much else to play on PS5 right now (that's sad btw), but i strongly doubt that anyone deeply loves this game. What i'm seeing right now is that everyone is addicted to Assassin's Creed Valhalla and that's not PS5 exclusive. But for some reason everyone is using PS5 to play that, so maybe sony messed up with launch exclusives? I don't like Demon's Souls remake either, it feels boring and uninspired. Expand
  83. Nov 26, 2020
    Набридли рімейки, ремастери та спінофи, почніть робити нові ігри, Соні.
  84. Nov 30, 2020
    @ GamingNordMedia
    @ GamingNordMedia
    Not just "sources". That's exactly what happened and i'm sure most people who have brain, already know this. This game got over 500 positive user reviews in first 2 hours. If you click on their profile it's very clear it's fake and some of them forget to translate it to english, so they posted review in their own language. So i did some research and basically it's bunch of asians from different asian countries who possibly get some money for writing positive reviews. So then some negative reviews came out that started calling it out and all of these were deleted. And now they have over 1400 positive reviews lmao. It's crazy.
  85. Nov 30, 2020
    Souls games have actually really small audience and i mean people who actually like to play them not use immortality mode on PC. Whoever uses mods with these games to get past bosses is not actually fan of these games. Whole point of these games is that you die 100 times on one boss until you beat it and then you move on to next boss to die another 100 times. Not many people care aboutSouls games have actually really small audience and i mean people who actually like to play them not use immortality mode on PC. Whoever uses mods with these games to get past bosses is not actually fan of these games. Whole point of these games is that you die 100 times on one boss until you beat it and then you move on to next boss to die another 100 times. Not many people care about this type of gameplay and to most people it's just absolute time waste and generally not fun. I'm one of those who finds these games extremely boring and just complete waste of time and enegery. If someone likes them, that's fine, but like i said it's actually pretty small audience who really like these games. I think Bloodborne is different because they actually went deeper with that one and made overall world more interesting, so that's why it was obviously more popular. I also like Bloodborne and it's also only souls game i really care about. Demon's Souls remake is most basic souls game you can ever find. It manages to be more boring than any other souls game ever and after playing it for 4 hours i just gave up, it was so pointlessly repetitive. Expand
  86. Nov 30, 2020
    Extremely meh and 70 dollars for this? How about 40? That would be more fair. I have nothing against souls games, but this one is just awful.
  87. Nov 30, 2020
    It makes no sense to make Demon's Souls as launch title and then basically that's it for like 2 months? Really Sony? U serious? Well i didn't like it and now i'm like, time to play Assassin's Creed Valhalla and Cyberpunk 2077 i guess.
  88. Dec 1, 2020
    Very boring remake, if i'm completely honest. Actually regretting buying it, not worth it.
  89. Nov 28, 2020
    The game is unplayable and the fact the developers refuse to put an easy mode in the game just makes the audience who actually can finish the game very small. There are sources that have come out and said FromSoftware/Sony paid the media to put a better score on this remaster. DONT TRUST WHAT YOU HEAR! If you like very very very difficult games then this is up your alley if not stay farThe game is unplayable and the fact the developers refuse to put an easy mode in the game just makes the audience who actually can finish the game very small. There are sources that have come out and said FromSoftware/Sony paid the media to put a better score on this remaster. DONT TRUST WHAT YOU HEAR! If you like very very very difficult games then this is up your alley if not stay far away and don’t let positive reviews change you mind. This game caters to one audiences, people who love dying 60 times in one area Expand
  90. Nov 28, 2020
    Really low quality,
    Absolutely Hollow content.
    Unbelievable price
    And Dissappointing
    Comparabale at mobile games class!
  91. Nov 24, 2020
    Probably the worst game i've ever played. Just can't bear it anymore. Demon's souls is now demon's Ruins.
  92. Nov 26, 2020
    2008/2009 year game which is as annoying as it is repetitive. If killed, you would need to start a level from the beginning, die before end and repeat. Nice fun, if you have no life and endless free time.

Yes there is a phenomenon called “souls fan”, but look at it from a different perspective - this game doesn’t even have a proper story. It feels like there is something big hidden under all those tremendously pompous and puzzling NPC speeches, but then you realize it’s almost nothing there at all. Just clumsy mechanics, lack of savings and often weird camera angles which make this game impossibly difficult.
  93. Nov 28, 2020
    Looks gorgeous, but bogged down by a terrible camera, archaic gameplay, and bad bosses. The contrast between demon's souls and recent fromsoft games like bloodborne, DS3, and sekiro is really stark. Bluepoint wasted a great chance to bring the demon's souls gameplay into 2020 along with its graphics.
  94. Nov 26, 2020
    Yay, the faqqots strike again, this time in the gender selection, instead of saying Male and Female, it says Body Type A and Body Type B. The pathetic thing is that they couldn't come up with Body Type C which proves that there's NO such thing as non-binary. Pathetic mentally ill faqqots. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME AND SUPPORT THIS ABOMINATION!!!
  95. Dec 1, 2020
    I bet only reason it got so high reviews is because it's PS5 launch title, i can't find any other reason that would make sense. It was really boring game, not recommending.
  96. Nov 15, 2020
    Um dos melhores remakes disparados já feito, a Bluepoint conseguiu pegar o conceito do game original, e aprimora-lo de sua maneira, sejam em uma soudtrack totalmente reformulada, gráfico refeito do zero e upgrades em relação até a própria gameplay ( como a camêra zoada do original...)
    E ainda por cima ele colocaram diversas opçãos que trazem os aspectos artisticos do game original, seja os filtros e ost. ( caso na edição deluxe)
    Concerteza para quem vai se aventurar pela primeira vez em Demon Souls, eu recomendo muito a compra , e até mesmo para quem apenas quer se relembrar mais uma vez do game de 2009.
  97. Nov 13, 2020
    The best remake of 2020. Cool empathic game with solid truth. Excellent PS5 starting.
  98. Nov 13, 2020
    This game is so good. It looks absolutely stunning. The soundtrack is insane and the Gameplay is amazing as always.
  99. Nov 14, 2020
    PERO TIOS, QUE ESTE JUEGO ES LA POLLA CAHAVAAAAAL, que mirad tios, que no lo he jugado en mi puta vida ¿vale? pero es que este juego tiene unos pepinazos de graficos que chorban padre pero a lo Full the Past loco, que el juego es la polla entiendes, que tienes demonios, espadas, baritas magicas tio, es como el dark souls eso si, pero vamos que sigue siendo la polla sabes, y nada tios, quePERO TIOS, QUE ESTE JUEGO ES LA POLLA CAHAVAAAAAL, que mirad tios, que no lo he jugado en mi puta vida ¿vale? pero es que este juego tiene unos pepinazos de graficos que chorban padre pero a lo Full the Past loco, que el juego es la polla entiendes, que tienes demonios, espadas, baritas magicas tio, es como el dark souls eso si, pero vamos que sigue siendo la polla sabes, y nada tios, que se lleva el jodido diez pero de calle, y a quien no le guste que se joda chaval, venga, un abrazo mis panas. Expand
  100. Nov 14, 2020
    Played the original ps3 version and then gave up as it was too hard. Since then finished all the dark souls and bloodbourne since and decided to wait until they remade it, which they have, and its spectacular. Very soild and much better than the original. Bluepoint need to do all the From soft games as they look and run superbly.

Universal acclaim - based on 78 Critic Reviews

1. Nov 30, 2020
    Revisiting Demon’s Souls in this fancy new package was some of the most fun I’ve had all year. The return to Boletaria was a pleasant reminder of just how good the game is, and the influx of new players makes it the current definitive choice for someone looking to get into the series. There’s a certain boldness to releasing the game relatively functionally the same so that a whole new generation of people can experience just how weird it is. While the facelift can cause some dissonance, most will experience a beautiful action RPG with some of the most tightly-designed levels and a bevy of different ways to approach the game. It may not be a brand new game, but even all these years later there still isn’t anything else quite like it.
    Demon's Souls for PS5 is a stunning remake of the game that kick started a new genre. Some of the mechanics have been improved upon since but the experimental nature of it all creates some incredible highs. Of course it goes without saying that it's gorgeous and makes fantastic use of the PS5's unique features as well.
  3. Nov 30, 2020
    Demon’s Souls 2020 is a gorgeous game that holds up thanks to a lovingly recreation and some helpful quality of life improvements. Although it oftentimes feels like it’s afraid to change too much lest it incur the wrath of the original game’s cult following which makes it less impactful, this stellar remaster is still a must-play for any PS5 owner.