7.1

1. Apr 9, 2021
    This game is truly something special and has already become one of my more memorable gaming experiences. Storytelling and art style is superb. Your relationships with the characters actually matter and have consequences.
    However, I can't give this game a 10 on ps5 because of the bugs. While I don't regret my purchase as I was still addicted to this game and feel ready for a 2nd playthrough, I have to hold off until these patches come through. There were 2 or 3 times I had to reload a save in my 30+ hour playthrough. Some audio glitches here and there. I believe there is 1 smaller quest that I couldn't complete due to a bug. I would say the first 2/3 of the game were mostly smooth-sailing, with some slight bugs that I could push through. but the final 1/3 I ran into a lot more trouble which really hurt my experience of the climax. Also, when it is supposed to cut to credits, the screen just turns black and loops music nonstop.
    Its a shame because I love this game. I can't stop thinking about it. But the technical frustrations hold it back. This would be a 10 if this game was released without these technical hangups.
  2. Apr 11, 2021
    I might be in the minority here but I played the whole game through without many issues at all. The controls aren't well suited to the ps5 and unresponsive at times but weren't enough to spoil the game. It is an enjoyable game and I don't think I saw everything on my first playthrough. It is also a much stronger game in the build-up and the reveal at the end was not particularlyI might be in the minority here but I played the whole game through without many issues at all. The controls aren't well suited to the ps5 and unresponsive at times but weren't enough to spoil the game. It is an enjoyable game and I don't think I saw everything on my first playthrough. It is also a much stronger game in the build-up and the reveal at the end was not particularly satisfying.

That said, there are many great qualities, not least the amazing voice cast and I would def play it again
  3. Apr 20, 2021
    Now that the game is patched, it offers a great experience. A unique masterpiece of narrative design and writting. I can't wait to come back in Revachol !
  4. Apr 5, 2021
    Game is an absolute masterpiece, but technical issues are frustrating(for 15 hours of gameplay crashed 3 times, problems with clicking on interactive places, frame drops(need to restart game to fix it)).
    Anyway I put 10 to it, since technical issues should be fixed in nearest future.
  5. Apr 5, 2021
    I feel like game journalism is basically dead. How can this game be a 93 when it has numerous bugs (in a more or less second launch) and takes ages to load on a system where even Spiderman with RT can delivery less then 4 seconds of load time. The controls are not optimized at all for consoles and the text options are really bad considering that you basically read thext 99.9% of the time.I feel like game journalism is basically dead. How can this game be a 93 when it has numerous bugs (in a more or less second launch) and takes ages to load on a system where even Spiderman with RT can delivery less then 4 seconds of load time. The controls are not optimized at all for consoles and the text options are really bad considering that you basically read thext 99.9% of the time.

Disco Elysium is innovative and the story is compelling although there is also a lot of useless crap inside of it if you look at it objectively. I know this will be an unpopular opinion but the game seems overrated especially for the low effort on the console port. The price is definitely a pro for me but some game mechanics and the very bad talent introduction feels like a let down for me. I need to wait for some hopefully incoming patches but so far I dont see this game being more then an 7 to 8 for me and will go with a 7 at the moment because especially the reading experience is bad (and some parts of the game are not vocalized).
  6. Apr 7, 2021
    Although the story is really good, the game is so riddled with bugs on the PS5 that I would not recomme anyone to buy it.
  7. Apr 10, 2021
    Complete overrated game. Full of bugs, crashes all the time. Finished the game because I’ve already paided for it. I don’t recomend. It’s a complete boring game and a waste of time.
  8. Apr 8, 2021
    Ridiculous that a game would be released with this many game-breaking bugs.
  9. Apr 6, 2021
    This is a great masterpiece that is very immersive! The experience is hard to explain on words, but the game is so good and complex that has me coming back to it cause of the design and story. This is very worth it, and deesrves the praise it has received!
  10. Apr 10, 2021
    How can you give anything else than this for such a broken and buggy game, sure if it was working good it's probably a 8/10 (my opinion) but it's unplayable on ps5 after day 3. The bigger problem for us all is all these media outlets like IGN giving this game 10s, how it this possible in such a broken state
  11. Apr 6, 2021
    What can I say about a game that managed to do something a few games over the last 30 years have managed, which is create a unique experience that felt entirely original and profoundly immersive. The last game that managed to do this was dark souls. I won’t be surprised if, like dark souls, there are Elysium clones over the next 10 years. This game, which I can’t stop thinking about,What can I say about a game that managed to do something a few games over the last 30 years have managed, which is create a unique experience that felt entirely original and profoundly immersive. The last game that managed to do this was dark souls. I won’t be surprised if, like dark souls, there are Elysium clones over the next 10 years. This game, which I can’t stop thinking about, managed to combine open world exploration, point and click adventure and unique RPG mechanics on a backdrop neo-noir in a dystopian alternate reality all written and voiced masterfully. If you want a a breath of fresh air and a game to talk about and think about, try disco Elysium. Expand
  12. Apr 11, 2021
    Absolutely great game from Estonia, one of the best and most beautiful country on whole planet. I have visited it few times in past and it's always magical place to be. No wonder they make so good video games. Highly recommended!
  13. Apr 7, 2021
    Warning! Do not buy this game on PS5! This game is currently broken! After day 3 you get stuck and cannot progress. The Developers have promised to bring a fix within a day or so A WEEK AGO! Currently complete radio silence from the developers. Get it on PC or get another game! Shame on ZAUM, Sony and the media for allowing this. IGN giving a 10 out of 10 for a product that only works forWarning! Do not buy this game on PS5! This game is currently broken! After day 3 you get stuck and cannot progress. The Developers have promised to bring a fix within a day or so A WEEK AGO! Currently complete radio silence from the developers. Get it on PC or get another game! Shame on ZAUM, Sony and the media for allowing this. IGN giving a 10 out of 10 for a product that only works for about half a day of focused play! SHAME! Expand
  14. Mar 31, 2021
    This game is legendary, The greatest detective Noir game I have ever player. Hell the Only top down isometric game that I have played that was better then this was DOS2 (Divinity Original sin 2). You gotta give it ago especially in that juicy 4k and fully voiced.
  15. Apr 4, 2021
    This is so sad. The original release of this game is one of my favorite games of all time, if not the one.

But they REALLY dropped the ball on this release. In all my time of playing games, I don't think I've ever experienced such a broken and buggy release. And mind you I'm not opposed to buying games on release day and thus is expecting some bugs but this... this is totally outrageous.

First up, general bugginess:
    You can almost not play a whole hour without experience some bug be it small inconveniences, crashes, immersion-breaking, or something totally game-breaking. And to top it off they aren't even inconsistent. They are so easily replicated that It really feels like there's been zero QA-testing and I mean Z-E-R-O, nada, null.
    An example: You use healing items with the left and right directional pads. Sound good enough, easy to reach, and simple. Surely there cannot be some easily encounterable glitch/oversight that really is 100% consistent having to do with these controls, right? Wrong;
    Oh, you want to sell some things to the pawnshop? A selling menu appears and how do you navigate this? With the d-pad of course. But wait. What happens when you use the left and right d-pad. Oh, that right you use one of your precious healing items. But of course, they have restricted healing during the seeling right. No, no not at all.
    So, in short, navigating the selling menu uses your healing items. Like how do you NOT notice this during QA-Testing? I have no words honestly
    I will not really touch on the game-breaking bugs as they are slightly story-related but just know on day 3 you'll almost 100% encounter one if you're playing on a PS system

Secondly, 'FuLly VoCieD". My f***t
    This might be playing into the previously mentioned bugginess, but I suspect that they have wrongfully shipped an early version of this game. Almost 20-30 percent of the NPCs ' and Emotions' lines aren't voiced at all. Sometimes there initial greeting when you first meet the NPC but when you then ask them something it isn't voiced. This, I personally, feel like it's pointing to some early testing of the grounds for the voices actors as the voice is cast but hasn't been patched in fully.
    When the one big thing around promoting your' Deluxe Edition", or in this case "The Final Cut" is to have FULLY VOICE ACTING then there better be just that at the very least.
    But alas there isn't

Thirdly, the porting job is straight-up bad.
    The controls are bad, inconsistent, and unresponsive. You almost always have to click 'X' twice to confirm a location to inspect. Again how did this slip through QA-Testing?
    And they didn't utilize the PS5 new features at all. Which is more a shame than something definitive but still.

Thanks for reading my rant. I might remove this in the future if it's getting fixed (which it most likely is) I still truly love this game but this "Final Cut" is such a shame the premise is there but the execution is downright shameful
  16. Apr 8, 2021
    Numerous game breaking bugs that results in entire questlines that cannot be completed, altering the outcome of the ending. This is not how you release a game.
  17. Apr 3, 2021
    full of game breaking bugs and crashes all the time. wait for a patch. I can't believe they released the game like this. it's worse than cyberpunk. totally unacceptable. do not buy now. wait until it is fixed.
  18. Apr 13, 2021
    I completed this today on PS5 on version 1.04. As such I can safely say this is the version that the developers wanted us to play.

The game is simply fantastic, well written and acted by a great cast. The gameplay is enjoyable and it’s system of stats and rolling works great and I enjoy the process of planning out costumes both for stats and looks! It has kept me hooked and the twists and turns the story took as I learned about my character and the world were enjoyable to the end.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 24 Critic Reviews

1. Apr 21, 2021
    Bugs aside, it is an astoundingly well put together experience, balancing player choice, opportunities for chaos, deep introspection, and a thorough exploration of politics. That’s on top of the sordid and twisted murder at the narrative’s heart, too. I’m not necessarily a fan of all of the design choices - it’s often both too open ended and too restrictive - but I understand them all, and I wish it was less of an exception to the rule. I can’t fault its narrative, or even its design, despite my disagreements. If someone told me they consider it a perfect game, I wouldn’t have anything besides personal preference to come back at them. But with the fiddly game design likely to block off even more players than the already niche themes, I can’t help but wish a game so focused on socialism could have been more welcoming to the masses.
  2. Apr 20, 2021
    Disco Elysium: The Final Cut adds good production values and more enjoyable moments to this solid indie game from two years ago. It is a unique experience that any gamer should try. However, the PS5 version had few adjustments and was initially buggy. Play it here only if you don't have a PC that can run it.
  3. Apr 19, 2021
    Disco Elysium: The Final Cut is an exceptional achievement in role-playing. Expertly written, it's an utterly engrossing detective drama at its best, and a fantastic sense of humour keeps the whole thing grounded. Its deliberately slow and methodical pacing won't be for everyone, but once you're invested, it's incredibly hard to put down. A haunting video game, for all the right reasons.