9.2

1. Dec 12, 2021
    Incredible. This game has evolved into something really special. Everything is on a completely different level. The visuals, the voice acting, the music and all to the best story I've ever seen in an RPG. Shadowbringers set the stage perfectly for Endwalker to blow our minds and just wow
  2. Dec 14, 2021
    Very solid ending to a great game, I truely hope there will still be more to come now the main story has been told.
  3. Dec 13, 2021
    Amazing ending to a saga. Brilliant and beautiful story telling. The best game I've ever played.
  4. Dec 12, 2021
    This game is just amazing. One of the best experiences of my live.

If you like RPG, even if you dont loke MMOs, you should try it.
  5. Dec 13, 2021
    Just when I thought Shadowbringers couldn't be beat, Endwalker comes in and completely BLOWS me away! It is the most cohesive, engaging and polished expansion. The music is phenomenal, the story is riveting and original. The characters and new areas are incredibly intriguing and I could have never expected this game to impact me this way. By far Square Enix and Yoshi-P's best work by miles!
  6. Dec 13, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. In a incredible tour de force; Endwalker manages to proceed to a rather satisfactory ending. While it isn't without fault; and its' foundations may even be a little too shaky or rocky given it's newest antagonist, the introduction of Dynamis (lampshaded or not aplenty without a proper name until now), and a few questions or new questions on prior elements like Time Travel; it performs incredibly well.

I will say that Mare Lamentorum's second-half, and Labyrinthos had weak points within them (primarily the Loporrits), and Garlemald took a smidge to set-up, but otherwise the plot proceeded with characteristic aplomb. Though a touch heavy-handed, the expansion begins immediately to build upon the core theme that will run through it's course.

Is life meaningful?

In this regard; I found there to be pay off for years of playtime, acknowledgement of investiture, and a fitting conclusion to all that came prior.

Alphinaud and Alisaie obtain their own subplot and grow just a little bit more. Urianger too has a strong plot.

G'raha Tia and Estinien both have great moments as well with their own flavorful charms.

Thancred's arc resolved in Shadowbringers, but the threat ahead does eventually reach home with him.

And even Y'shtola, who is by far one of the least-developed of the Scions, claims some moments to her pile of treasures.

Krile astoundingly has a stake in the plot once more, and Tataru shines in an unforeseen way.

Zenos will be polarizing, but I believe we've seen at the very least; a taste of what his writing led toward. Simple, but fun.

And of the questions of Hydaelyn and Zodiark; well...

If you believe that the story has a clear-cut ending in which you embark to slay a God of Darkness, and then put down a tyrannical Goddess of Light...

You would be mistaken. It's an easy assumption and many would presume to be the natural path.

Endwalker endeavors to go beyond the anticipated and expected to provide something more succinct and more fulfilling.

Every encounter is akin to a Final Boss; and the stakes have never been higher. A hackneyed saying, true, but I believe FFXIV has reached an apex.

From here on, the threats will need to, on some level, deescalate. Even the hinted at 'Void Expansion', that looms in the distance; while grand in scope, shouldn't surpass the grandiose endeavor we've just wrought forth.

That said; the feeling of an ending does not eclipse the future. A rather hamfisted bit of dialogue, albeit touching, does ensure that the future of FFXIV is without a doubt, endless and boundless. That between the remaining worlds, and the untold tales within the Source, we've only scratched the surface. Let alone things like meddling in history's flow, or alternate timelines.

And so to that end; I am excited in a new way.

The ending was tremendous, and in a few fashions, I feel it was shackled. Shackles it wore without shame, but bound by what it built.

Now the game is free to tell a new story, a new plot, a new overarching grand tale that can head in any avenue it so wishes.

That said; the game's age will undoubtedly arise. And at this, the most delicate of junctures, a transition will transpire.

14 may be in it's golden age, and time will tell if this expansion will usher in the next with applause and more players than before, or if we begin to see the the end of this MMO's grand sprawling journey.

But what can be said, in the here and now...

The ride took many risks. And I believe for the majority, it will pay off.

For the road we've walked to get this far, was nothing but delightful. Worth it. And fulfilling nearly every step.
  7. Dec 14, 2021
    Starting 3 months ago, this has been an exceptional journey. After giving up MMOs two years ago, this has been a gift, being one of the best stories in gaming history and showing that even MMOs can have a wonderful story and incredible gameplay. Especially standing-out the Trial Fights, Job Mechanic and Phase-based Music!
  8. Dec 17, 2021
    A perfect ending to a 10 year saga. Although server congestion is rough, SE had communicated with the players on what to expect and explained they were attempting to increase server capacity but due to the current climate this has not been an easy feat. Here’s to 10 more years of FFXIV.
  9. Dec 8, 2021
    This is for certain the best expansion released for an mmo since shadowbringers, lovingly crafted with extreme attention to detail on literally every corner endwalker emerges as a emotional masterpiece that touches your soul with a satisfying conclusion to the arc, it's a labor of love; the music for example is magical and some tracks are a 100% some of the best video game music of allThis is for certain the best expansion released for an mmo since shadowbringers, lovingly crafted with extreme attention to detail on literally every corner endwalker emerges as a emotional masterpiece that touches your soul with a satisfying conclusion to the arc, it's a labor of love; the music for example is magical and some tracks are a 100% some of the best video game music of all time, it is a must play experience. Expand
  10. Dec 8, 2021
    The best expansion in a mmo with shadowbringers, I can not lower points for people who can not login is something that is solved with the passing of days :)
  11. Dec 8, 2021
    I absolutely love the story and so far have nothing negative to say other than the server issues but that's not a huge issue since I like to play during the AM hours. Definitely a great expansion like the one that came before. Love it!
  12. Dec 11, 2021
    Absolute masterpiece story wise and gameplay. Will be very hard to live up to this expansion.
  13. Dec 11, 2021
    Amazing game, the story, characters, jobs, music, ost, trials, feels worth it, and still is coming more content incredible, yeah still have some issues and errors but is not hurting the experience of the game
  14. Dec 8, 2021
    It seemed impossible, but they surprised us again. So many good references to Final Fantasy IV.
  15. Dec 10, 2021
    This may be very well the greatest story of modern fiction ever told. A culmination of works building on the scale of JRR Tolkien’s oeuvre. Combined with a lovable ensemble of characters spanning 8 years, along with the strongest main cast of any RPG I’ve played, a soundtrack that brings me to tears, and a whole lot of love from an entire team. I can’t imagine a more perfect final entry toThis may be very well the greatest story of modern fiction ever told. A culmination of works building on the scale of JRR Tolkien’s oeuvre. Combined with a lovable ensemble of characters spanning 8 years, along with the strongest main cast of any RPG I’ve played, a soundtrack that brings me to tears, and a whole lot of love from an entire team. I can’t imagine a more perfect final entry to this saga if I tried. Expand
  16. Dec 11, 2021
    Truly the greatest fantasy story ever told.The music is some of the greatest in visual media. The fights are some of the most tense I've ever experienced in a video game. I'm speechless.
  17. Dec 14, 2021
    Endwalker is phenomenal and provides great closure to possibly the best story in any entertainment media in decades.
  18. Dec 11, 2021
    Better story than most single player games. Best in the past two years for sure. Great multiplayer aspects
  19. Dec 8, 2021
    This expansion manage to surpassed even Shadowbringer in many way. Don't let the launch issue discourage you from trying out this masterpiece
  20. Dec 10, 2021
    Wonderful story and breathtaking soundtrack continue the trend of the game surpassing itself with every new expansion. Cannot recommend this enough.
  21. Dec 10, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Absolutely breathtaking ending to a Saga started 10 years ago. It is mindblowing that such a story could outshine that of Shadowbringers. This expansion is truely epic, the best Final Fantasy story i have seen yet (and i have played almost every entry) Expand
  22. Dec 11, 2021
    The feelings this story creates, the culmination of a gaming experience I started on the ps3 beta way back in 2013, it's indescribable. Truly. I was worried they wouldn't surpass Shadowbringers, but now I worry no mainline FF title will EVER be able to top this. XIV has officially stolen my top spot from IX, and typing that is such an odd feeling. I finished MSQ on day 3 or so of earlyThe feelings this story creates, the culmination of a gaming experience I started on the ps3 beta way back in 2013, it's indescribable. Truly. I was worried they wouldn't surpass Shadowbringers, but now I worry no mainline FF title will EVER be able to top this. XIV has officially stolen my top spot from IX, and typing that is such an odd feeling. I finished MSQ on day 3 or so of early access and I can't stop thinking about it still. All I can do is put the soundtrack on repeat and cry. Expand
  23. Dec 11, 2021
    This is absolutely the perfect end for a 10 years trip.
    The real vote of this game for me is 9.7
  24. Dec 11, 2021
    The plethora of emotions is overwhelming. This is a masterpiece in every sense of the word. From the story to the score. A true classic of our times. Log-in queue issues not withstanding, SQEX got everything right.
  25. Dec 11, 2021
    i just finished Endwalker. I’ve been playing this game since it’s first expansion and the only words i have for it is this: Once in a lifetime experience.
  26. Dec 11, 2021
    Endwalker ist the highlight of the best MMO ever. The story does things to you that even story heavy single player gamer struggle to give to you. This is more than a game. Its an experience.
  27. Dec 10, 2021
    This expansion is an unforgettable adventure, pushing the MMO narration to its limits.
  28. Dec 9, 2021
    Probably the best story overall I have had the pleasure to play in the past 10 years.
  29. Dec 8, 2021
    Despite issues with logins caused by the massive influx of new players (for good reason). Endwalker wraps up an otherwise astounding narrative tale between good and evil. The story not only keeps the player on the edge of their seat, but takes them on an unexpected emotional rollercoaster. If someone is patient enough to play through the drier base game and make it this far, they will findDespite issues with logins caused by the massive influx of new players (for good reason). Endwalker wraps up an otherwise astounding narrative tale between good and evil. The story not only keeps the player on the edge of their seat, but takes them on an unexpected emotional rollercoaster. If someone is patient enough to play through the drier base game and make it this far, they will find a narrative experience that has never been seen to this scale in a video game before. Truthfully a masterpiece. Expand
  30. Dec 11, 2021
    This expansion is FFXIV at it’s best. It has somehow surpassed the high expectations placed by Shadow Bringers for phenomenal story telling. Easiest 10/10, I’d score it higher if I could.
  31. Dec 15, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Zodiark gets done dirty, also that bird character.. Jesus, what an unsatisfactory conclusion to the arc. Pacing was awful til you get to elpis. And out of nowhere you get this stupid boring bird character who's the big bad this whole time. Zero build up, the character has every convenience they could give the character like being able to manipulate this new never before discussed or hinted at energy dynamis. That just so happens to be more plentiful in the universe that aether, what a coincidence. Guess the writers heart wasn't really in it this expac ggs better luck next time. Expand
  32. Dec 21, 2021
    A waste of time and the community has become more and more toxic I play from the beginning I had fun in the past I liked all the dlc the raid especially that of Nier but if you are slow and you have difficulty with your job, be careful because he has a lot of cyberbullying, the story is good but there is too much useless moment just to lengthen the story, the side quests are empty, avoidedA waste of time and the community has become more and more toxic I play from the beginning I had fun in the past I liked all the dlc the raid especially that of Nier but if you are slow and you have difficulty with your job, be careful because he has a lot of cyberbullying, the story is good but there is too much useless moment just to lengthen the story, the side quests are empty, avoided if you have no friends because in ff14 if you are alone you will be harassed. Expand
  33. Dec 9, 2021
    The new jobs are fantastic.

The story has major pacing issues and from a story perspective does not land very well. As a 1.0 player this is probably from a story standpoint the most disappointing expansion of the lot. And it hurts to say because I love FFXIV but sorry this story just...isn't good.
  34. Dec 18, 2021
    Terrible story, this whole game is a total mess, there's nearly no gameplay at all and it's just one of the worst MMO ever made.
  35. Jan 11, 2022
    Very disappointing overall. It's a shame since ShB was very good and I had high expecations for this. It's unfortunate it falls flat on every level. The new areas are bland and boring in general, as are the dungeons. The story is very slow and a step back to SB which isn't a good thing. The story is full of filler dialogue that I often felt like skipping. This will definitely be my last FFVery disappointing overall. It's a shame since ShB was very good and I had high expecations for this. It's unfortunate it falls flat on every level. The new areas are bland and boring in general, as are the dungeons. The story is very slow and a step back to SB which isn't a good thing. The story is full of filler dialogue that I often felt like skipping. This will definitely be my last FF expansion.

Compared to previous expansions, I would rate them: ShB > HW > EW > SB > ARR
  36. Dec 10, 2021
    Amazing culmination of an epic story. The way everything is neatly tied up us incredible.
  37. Dec 22, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Walk free, walk free, walk free, believe...walk free and believe that this game is mediocrity at it's finest.

If you read the reviews and listen to your friends, they'll tell you that Final Fantasy XIV and all of it's expansions are the greater story ever told to humanity. They'll have you believe it is some philosophical enlightenment that will change your life.

What I found, especially with Endwalker as icing on the cake, is that it is nothing but a hodge podge of story elements ripped from every single Final Fantasy and thrown into one. It's the most ridiculous, ludicrous, and fan-service filled story I have ever seen since Metal Gear Solid 4. It's filled to the brim with padding, filler, and pacing issues because the FFXIV developers are so adamant to stay to their MMO formula they've created. They must, as they have to have story content to justify the existence of zones in the game because, well, that's all they've got for those zones.

Except of course for the most boring fetch quests and events ever created for zones in a MMO. Just spawn enemies to AOE over and over. Creative, right? As someone from Guild Wars 2 that has some of the best map design and event design, this was a huge let down. What's sad is, Bozja proves they can make more entertaining maps, yet they don't. We are stuck with maps that are absolutely pointless once you've escaped their respective expansion. And I don't even want to delve into the 3 aoe mobs - boss - 3 aoe mobs - boss - 3 aoe mobs - boss- fin dungeon design. The dungeon design has only gotten worse since ARR.

The protagonist (you) is a poorly done mannequin, the invincible, always at the right place and the right time, generic hero. Any failures and mistakes are done away with in a matter of minutes and shrugged off. You're companions all fill their generic tropes, some more than others. A couple are developed alright, but the rest are severely underdeveloped, quite honestly, you're often left wondering why they are there at all. Seriously, you're so overpowered compared to your companions it's like you're baby sitting children most of the time who want to play superhero.

Luckily for you, we've got one dimensional villains' every where in this game to compliment our lackluster cast. One that they love to bring back time and time again, to the point where he's like a child lost in the candyshop. It's like this villain isn't even sure himself why he exists in the story anymore. But that wasn't enough, another villain was pulled straight out of the dev teams closet out of no where with no build up at all, only to be easily dismantled by our perfect Hero.

FFXIV and Endwalker have it all. We have traveling through dimensions, space travel, planet/moon hopping, cloning, time travel, visiting the underworld/death planes, soul swapping, reincarnation, etc.

Where will the WoL go to next? Probably Yoshida's ass, because the fanbase loves sniffing his farts almost as bad others sniff Kojima's.
  38. Dec 11, 2021
    Daria 11/10 se tivesse. Meu refúgio de boa escrita em 2021. Arte, música, história. Que final pra uma safa fazendo jus tudo que teve até agora
  39. Dec 11, 2021
    STORYTELLING MASTERPIECE! I have played all Final Fantasy Titles from 1 to 15 (including most spinoffs). And while this is an MMO, this is first and foremost a FINAL FANTASY, which are well known for their amazing stories. I have been here since the disaster that 1.0 was. And I dont think anyone ever imagined this turnaround, which will be marked in gaming history as one of the mostSTORYTELLING MASTERPIECE! I have played all Final Fantasy Titles from 1 to 15 (including most spinoffs). And while this is an MMO, this is first and foremost a FINAL FANTASY, which are well known for their amazing stories. I have been here since the disaster that 1.0 was. And I dont think anyone ever imagined this turnaround, which will be marked in gaming history as one of the most important stories of adversity and success.

Do yourself a favor and play this croning jewel of gaming. The story, music, immersion, character development are stellar. No other MMO has ever achieved this level of fulfillment in many aspects. Shadowbringers had set the bar so high, that I had serious doubts that they would be able to surpass that, even more so then they announce that this was the end of the "SAGA". I did had doubts. But not only did they deliver, they surpassed all my expectations in so many levels. Endwalker delivers and links with you on so many levels and reaches an emotional height like no other. You cannot call yourself a JRPG fan and miss out on this game. Even if you just play fit for the story and be over with, even then it is worth it. From the battles, dungeon design, to the AMAZING cutscenes. This is just simple STELLAR!
  40. Dec 9, 2021
    Endwalker is a victory lap for both FFXIV and the FF series in general - a joyous affirmation of everything that has made this series great down through the years, whether it be diverse casts of lovable characters, interesting locales to explore, fun classes to play, or spectacular boss battles to overcome. It has its missteps here and there - small issues with quest pacing, dungeonEndwalker is a victory lap for both FFXIV and the FF series in general - a joyous affirmation of everything that has made this series great down through the years, whether it be diverse casts of lovable characters, interesting locales to explore, fun classes to play, or spectacular boss battles to overcome. It has its missteps here and there - small issues with quest pacing, dungeon design, and inconsistent voice acting to name but a few - but I found myself so swept up in the epic events unfolding before me that I just didn't care. I'm waiting with bated breath for the raids to drop and I can't wait to see where the dev team take the story as we begin a new saga in 6.1! Expand
  41. Jan 16, 2022
  42. Dec 9, 2021
    I have literally spent 4 days with goosepumps. What an incredible piece of art and what an amazing journey. It took me back to my RPG era and I remembered why I loved FF so much. Because lets be clear, not only this is the best expansion of the game, it is also one of the best FF JRPG ever made as a stand alone. It is that incredible. The music, the zones, the story (which even if it has aI have literally spent 4 days with goosepumps. What an incredible piece of art and what an amazing journey. It took me back to my RPG era and I remembered why I loved FF so much. Because lets be clear, not only this is the best expansion of the game, it is also one of the best FF JRPG ever made as a stand alone. It is that incredible. The music, the zones, the story (which even if it has a few pacing issues managed to grab me to never let me go), the dungeons, the trials, the solo duties, what an adventure!! I have not felt like this after a game for a very very long time! Expand
  43. Jan 15, 2022
    $15 a month, to watch the login screen count down from 3-5k (for 3-5 hours), is not the best use of anyone's time, or money.
  44. Dec 10, 2021
    as expected the Endwalker is another excellent addition to Final Fantasy 14 expansions, and continue to solidify FF14 as the best comeback of a video game in history, it's still surprise me how Square Enix manage to make each expansion better than the previous one,
    if you already playing the game and still can't decide whether to get Endwalker or not i'd advice to go ahead and get it, this is expansion is a must have IMO
  45. Dec 10, 2021
    A masterpiece, everything is tied together with an insane amount of breathtaking OST’s Endwalker or i’d rather say FFXIV in a whole is a must play.
  46. Dec 9, 2021
    An expansion fueled with love from its praised developers & community.
    After 8 long years, a story that filled most of us with unending emotions finally comes to an end with a future that we can all look forward to.
    An expansion fueled with love from its praised developers & community.
    Its music, locations, storytelling, battle system improvements & new additional features that I will to you to enjoy have truly made this expansion the best ever released joining the likes of Shadowbringers in all its glory.

Though a negative at this time with all MMO's on release will be the long queue times due to its game popurlarity you cannot fault this expansion for the journey you receive in return, as it triumphs over a queue time that shall pass and be improved in the future.

A simple reminder for all newcomers once you get past ARR and enjoy the fruits of HW beyond..
    You will truly be immersed in what an MMO is suppose to be.

What a wonderful time to be alive!
  47. Dec 13, 2021
    Although I am not through it completely, I can say that it is on par, if not better, than the masterpiece that is Shadowbringers.
  48. Jan 3, 2022
    The game is divine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  49. Dec 9, 2021
    Absolutely amazing. Best expansion. Best sr Final Fantasy experienced and Final Fantasy game. It solidified the masterpiece that shb started.
  50. Dec 9, 2021
    Very good expansion!
    The dev is passionate, understanding and caring!
    Its better than shadowbringers
    Yes! The queue times are bad but thats a sign of healthy game
  51. Dec 9, 2021
    An incredible Expansion. The story is great and a more than worthy successor to Shadowbringers. The new zones and cities look amazing. The music is beautiful. And the two new jobs are very well made. FFXIV has delievered 10/10
  52. Dec 9, 2021
    Deeply emotional story.
    Every music track kicks in at the right moment.
    I can only hope that someday the developers will be able to completely untie it from online, so that the game will forever remain in history and everyone can enjoy it.
  53. Dec 10, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The game brings many things in the MMO ganre to a new level and that how it should be done.

- We know questing in MMO is boring, every MMO player would agree on that one. The idea to place the entire story in dialogs, cinematics and few mini games is amazing. And this decision would not be good if they didn't wrote one of the best stories ever. It was just a great finale for both the Zodiark/Hydaelyn saga and the first chapter.

- New zones are absolutely stunning. At first it was quite strange that some of them are existing only in the main story and will not be lore friendly to go back there, but that gave them the freedom to do insane things with those zones. Totally stunning design.

- Music is master piece. This the only MMO that I just can't play with spotify instead of its original audio and even so, this expansion was above expetations (I still don't like the trailer song, but everything else was stunning).

- Dungeons solo quests and trials were designed amazing.It was pretty good introduction of all basic mechanics that will help to the new players in the future challanges. I love that they are a bit faster and more mechanics overlap on normal mode so it didn't felt too easy, holding your hand content. And we already know that the next patches will unlock some great addition to this.
  54. Dec 10, 2021
    I had start FF14 journey last year. Amazing RPG experience. Love the story, character, music, gameplay, and everything in the game... Thank You FF14 Team! Now I have start looking forward for 7.0 . Please keep it up!! FF14 Team
  55. Dec 11, 2021
    It surpassed the past expansion, Shadowbringers, and improved in many ways, it left me with an open mouth and a lot of tears, but in the end, only the feeling of hope remained.

You are not Alone, then Forge Ahead!
  56. Dec 11, 2021
    After shadowbringers, endwalker expectations were high, but yet they managed to deliver something very satisfactory, story is great and with a very good ending, biggest downside is that it is indeed very dragged in some points and obviously made to increase time, but that's a general problem with FFXIV, fights and designs are very appealing, dungeons are very pretty but quite disappointingAfter shadowbringers, endwalker expectations were high, but yet they managed to deliver something very satisfactory, story is great and with a very good ending, biggest downside is that it is indeed very dragged in some points and obviously made to increase time, but that's a general problem with FFXIV, fights and designs are very appealing, dungeons are very pretty but quite disappointing challenge-wise after the 1st one. Extreme trials so far are not the most challenging compared to what we had but still fun. Expand
  57. Dec 11, 2021
    Absolutely masterful writing bringing an 8 year story to an emotional and powerful conclusion. Incredible characters, well thought story beats, amazing gameplay... everything and more to make it the absolute best Final Fantasy as a whole has ever had to offer.
  58. Dec 16, 2021
    It would not be an exaggeration to say it changed the way I view my life and goals... In a good way. It's a master work from start to finish.
  59. Dec 29, 2021
    Atm addon is unplayable. The best queue simulator. With monthly sub!!! Well done, Square Enix! The addon is simply unplayable due to the 3-8 hour queues (sorry, but I only have 1 hour to play in the evening). Best way to waste money... 3 weeks from start and addon still unplayable. And all compensation we got - 7 free days of sub.
  60. Dec 16, 2021
    Best MMORPG ever made and also one of the best stories ever told. The way this game tells a story is unbelievable, to the point you forget you're playing an MMO. Amazing music as well. Masayoshi Soken should be recognized as the best video game music creator of our time. Thank you to everyone who gave us this masterpiece of a game.
  61. Jan 15, 2022
    Best expansion ever made on a game i though shadobringer will be the best and i was worng.

Soken music 100/10
  62. Dec 12, 2021
    I had never played MMOs until this game. I always like single player games only and I can tell you this is the best game I have played in 25 years, and I have played a lot.
  63. Jan 17, 2022
    Overall, I found endwalker to be pretty fun, but it didn’t quite hit the mark for me. I kind of gave up on some endgame content sadly so I don’t have the full perspective to give, but my experience came down to how the story and arc went along with some of the dungeons and raids. The story I found to be interesting but not great. For me it lacked the fundamental solo adventurer arc that IOverall, I found endwalker to be pretty fun, but it didn’t quite hit the mark for me. I kind of gave up on some endgame content sadly so I don’t have the full perspective to give, but my experience came down to how the story and arc went along with some of the dungeons and raids. The story I found to be interesting but not great. For me it lacked the fundamental solo adventurer arc that I originally loved about FFXIV and rpgs. I am aware this is an mmo and is not meant to feel that way for some, but the other installments leading up to ew had me exploring more on my own while meeting new and interesting characters. This experience felt like I was always with the scions which I already knew and have seen enough of them quite frankly. I wanted this experience to feel a little newer and was hoping to get out of being with familiar characters constantly. The buildup I found to be extremely slow and painstaking at times, the arc itself felt too philosophical at times. The whole rabbit people I found to be annoying and the villains kind of fell apart for me as interesting. The que times were horrendous. I loved the arc going back into the past into Elpis and hanging out with Emet-Selch, the ending was good, and the dungeons and raids were great as usual. Overall though, I felt fatigued by the end of it and the thought of grinding all of my jobs and characters up again. Perhaps a lot enjoy that aspect, but by the end of Endwalker it felt like more of the same stuff which may feel the same with any game that’s been going on for this long. I feel like a basic mmo final fantasy stan would love this, but someone who wanted something new and fun added to keep me playing, it felt a little dry to anything higher than an 8. Expand
  64. Dec 30, 2021
    The mini "review" will feature story only and is spoiler-free.
    The mini "review" will feature story only and is spoiler-free.
    A worthwhile ending for the greatest story any MMORPG has featured so far. Though it does not quite hold up onto Shadowbringers, it is overall a fantastic expansion. The second best I'd argue. Ending a narrative, especially one that has been told for over a decade, is not easy. In fact, oftentimes endings tend to be a bit disappointing. Not to lean on the anchoring bias too much but just think of recent endings of (former) high profile shows or games. Examples like Game of Thrones and LOST come to mind. Anyway, my point essentially is just that it is >relatively< easy to start writing a story but finishing it adequately can be difficult. That is why I'm pleased this wasn't the case for FFXIV. In terms of lengths it is also the longest of any expansion so far. So there is plenty in regards of quality and quantity. Whether this is a 9 or 9,5 or a 10 ultimately doesn't matter to me. It's subjective anyway. I'm just glad the Hydaelin and Zodiark arc got a conclusion it deserved. Thank you for reading.
  65. Dec 16, 2021
    Final Fantasy XIV has been and interesting development. Since its failed 1.0 launch to the launch of Endwalker. Every single expansion has been building from the previous ones. And this is what allows to have one of the greatest story line not only of any MMORPG, but of any RPG in the last few decades. It is a well deserve conclusion to the many years of world building and storytelling. IfFinal Fantasy XIV has been and interesting development. Since its failed 1.0 launch to the launch of Endwalker. Every single expansion has been building from the previous ones. And this is what allows to have one of the greatest story line not only of any MMORPG, but of any RPG in the last few decades. It is a well deserve conclusion to the many years of world building and storytelling. If you are a sucker for story driven games look no further than FFXIV. Expand
  66. Dec 12, 2021
    Endwalker builds on the excellence that has been established in previous expansions, particularly Shadowbringers. The music is great. The story is compelling and moving. The dungeons and duties are fantastic. This is a very worthy successor, and I look forward to what comes next.
  67. Jan 5, 2022
    Incredible closure to the story, they take their time to explain everything and leave no or few questions to the players.
  68. Dec 15, 2021
    Great ending to a wonderful story. So excited to see where we go from here!
  69. Jan 7, 2022
    Jogão, todos os finais fantasy pra mim são ótimas,
    Quantos uns vive de esmolas no mendigopass, sonystas só joga coisa boa
  70. Jan 18, 2022
    This expansion is beautifully crafted but gets annoying sometimes with its "toxic optimism" philosophy. Finally, the villains are not so shallow as they were in the previous expansions, and it's not as black and white as it was but not quite enough to satisfy me.
  71. Dec 13, 2021
    Amazing expansion once again a visual treat fantastic music a top class narrative that shoots up the ranks as one of the greatest jrpgs ever made its great to see developers make a piece of art as well as a video game
  72. Dec 20, 2021
    Finished EW after playing through the whole game with 2 friends from A to Z. Managed to somehow finish just 2 years after our arrival in Eorzea. My best gaming experience, by far, and this expansion is in my opinion the perfect end to a grandiose adventure like this.
    Forge ahead, Warriors of Light!
  73. Dec 21, 2021
    absolutely fantastic ! What a wonderful story and music overall . The dungeons are extremely adventurous and the storyline made me cry like a baby ! insane game
  74. Dec 12, 2021
    The new jobs are great, actual good QoL updates, love the new male Viera race, great voice acting and cut scene work, the music was amazing and Soken has yet again outdone himself, and lastly the story has been fantastic and a nice wrap up of the saga. Of course there are a few negatives such as, small pacing issues, and a few annoying escort/follow quest. The were queues are rough duringThe new jobs are great, actual good QoL updates, love the new male Viera race, great voice acting and cut scene work, the music was amazing and Soken has yet again outdone himself, and lastly the story has been fantastic and a nice wrap up of the saga. Of course there are a few negatives such as, small pacing issues, and a few annoying escort/follow quest. The were queues are rough during high peak times, but of course will die down in the weeks to come, and it was not something we weren't warned about before. These negatives are small and insignificant to the positives this expansion gave. 10/10 Expand
  75. Dec 12, 2021
    This game is a culmination of one of the greatest stories ever told in the "MMO" medium. I can't express how much attention to detail these developers took to make sure the product is set to their high statndards. Regardless of the "server congestion" issues which were expressed MONTHS prior. The game itself its in my opinion a MASTERPIECE!

Overall: Story - 10/10 Environment - 10/10

Overall:
    Story - 10/10
    Environment - 10/10
    Graphics - 10/10
    Combat - 10/10 (for tab target based games)
    MSQ Pace - 10/10 (slower if you do sidequest)
    Content - 10/10
    Emotions - 10/10 (how much the expansion makes you "feel")

I found ZERO bugs
    I had ZERO issues with server stability
    I have about 20hrs of QUEUE experience

And with all that being said ; to the ff14 team THANK YOU SO MUCH for an AMAZING game! it's been one hell of a journey - looking forward to the next ARC!
  76. Dec 12, 2021
    I don’t know how they keep doing it, but the MSQ in each expansion gets better and better! I thought ShB was the greatest Final Fantasy story yet, and then I played Endwalker. This expansion wraps FFXIV up as one of, if not the greatest video game stories ever told. Without going into any major sopilers, the ending is probably one of the best I’ve seen in a game and the new classes are funI don’t know how they keep doing it, but the MSQ in each expansion gets better and better! I thought ShB was the greatest Final Fantasy story yet, and then I played Endwalker. This expansion wraps FFXIV up as one of, if not the greatest video game stories ever told. Without going into any major sopilers, the ending is probably one of the best I’ve seen in a game and the new classes are fun and fresh. The only complaint I have in the expansion are the new accompanying quests, but it doesn’t take away from the experience at all in my opinion. Expand
  77. Dec 13, 2021
    Best expansion in the game, if it wasn't a DLC for a game I would honestly give it the GOTY.
  78. Dec 16, 2021
    Perfect ending, never thought it was going to end!!! Surprising that, for an expansion called "End"walker.
  79. Dec 17, 2021
    i really love this game, new class are really fun, new summoner is good and the story is great, congratulation square.
  80. Dec 17, 2021
    probably the best Expansion any mmo ever had with an amazing story, one of the best soundtracks in video game history.
    But due to its massive success there is quite a large queue when entering the game.
  81. Dec 17, 2021
    I was tempted to take off a few points due to the login issues. But then I realized that, 6 months to a year from now nobody will remember these login issues, but everyone will remember how amazing that story was.

There are few single-player RPGs with a story that even comes close to what EndWalker has to offer. This is truly the pinnacle of what MMORPGs can achieve, and living proof that, yes, MMORPGs can have captivating story.

Art direction is also top notch, music is incredible and elevates the whole experience. Really can't find anything negative to say here, and I did think about it for a while.

For new players it may appear daunting to jump in a big MMORPG like that, but trust me - it's more than worth it.
  82. Dec 18, 2021
    This Game continues to deliver even after so many years. It's no easy feat to keep pushing out good quality content and these devs do it all the time. GGs
  83. Dec 19, 2021
    Meilleur mmorpg, clairement....gamplay agréable, histoire sympa et chargée en contenue, beaucoup de map et de défis qui valent le détour.
    l'énorme point positif pour moi c'est les compositions musicales, je n'ai jamais autant apprécier les musique d'un jeu, bref... ca vaux les 10/10 sans pour autant être fan de la série FF
  84. Dec 19, 2021
    Shadowbringers is a hard act to follow, but Endwalker makes it look effortless. A beautiful soul-affirming finale to what has become an incredible world that rivals the greatest in any medium. Whatever comes next, they stuck the landing, and the story is forever great. The sense of wonder, the characters you come to know like friends, and the soundtrack... oh, the soundtrack. All of it isShadowbringers is a hard act to follow, but Endwalker makes it look effortless. A beautiful soul-affirming finale to what has become an incredible world that rivals the greatest in any medium. Whatever comes next, they stuck the landing, and the story is forever great. The sense of wonder, the characters you come to know like friends, and the soundtrack... oh, the soundtrack. All of it is best in class. If you like satisfying and emotional narratives, you will find no better here. Expand
  85. Dec 20, 2021
    It’s an absolute masterpiece. It’s an absolute masterpiece. It’s an absolute masterpiece.
  86. Dec 21, 2021
    The final fantasy to final all fantasies. This can be considered the ultimate Final Fantasy, all the staples are well represented there with tasteful reference to many previous games and mythology. The characterization of the classes/jobs here is the definite version for most of it, each class/job manage to be so unique and still retain the flavor that made them known through theThe final fantasy to final all fantasies. This can be considered the ultimate Final Fantasy, all the staples are well represented there with tasteful reference to many previous games and mythology. The characterization of the classes/jobs here is the definite version for most of it, each class/job manage to be so unique and still retain the flavor that made them known through the franchise. And the writing.... The latest expansion finishes a saga that started in 2010 and its a history that manages well to juxtapose realism with cosmic fantasy. When its telling more humane stories it succeeds in depicting politics, war, economy and revolution in a very complex, realistic and nuance manner. Nothing is black and white and the whole representation is very coherent. On the other hand, the fantastic aspects are as over the top as you would expect from a Final Fantasy full of non-sense jargon and crazy concepts while still being cohesive and compelling. Expand
  87. Dec 26, 2021
    MASTERPIECE this game is so good the music, the settings, the characters, the plots everything done so wonderfully i cried so many times, to be honest with you I don't know how will they ever top ENDWALKER.
  88. Dec 25, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Spoilers will be noted when about to be mentioned. I started playing ARR a couple of years ago and thought it was pretty good, specially compared to 13 and 15 which were half baked games. It wasn’t incredible like FF X or XII but it was way better than any FF since then. I had heard that HW was were it really got really good so this year bored with everything that was coming out decided to give it a go. From mid January to mid May I played every day until I finished the last available ShB patch. I was BLOWN AWAY. Not only did it restore my faith in the franchise it also made me a fan of MMO’s. Obviously Endwalker has been my most anticipated game of the year and now that I finished I can say that it didn’t disappoint. Up until right before the last battle it was becoming my favorite expansion yet, but that final boss was the base on balls on a perfect game in the last out of the last inning. It was followed by a hit and then the final out. It was still a shutout but no loner the best. Spoilers ahead…..

I still don’t understand why Yoshida decided he wanted to keep Zenos in the game after Stormblood. I think he worked pretty well as the villain for that story but in the Hydelain-Zodiark arc, I could never find a reason why he kept him. Yes, Fandaniel was weird but when we actually learn everything about him, it makes a lot of sense to have him. But Zenos? Why? I see some of the meta reason, the ultimate battle for the heck of it, for no reason at all. He may represent a reflection of the MMO player who fights for no reason and skips the story, but it still felt as something that put a break to the emotional rollercoaster that it was up to that point. Now, other than that, man what a great expansion. Elpis is amazing, the moment you see Emet Selch, woah, I had my mouth open almost clapping like a stupid seal. Dungeons are an extension of the ones in Shadowbringers. While they don’t feel new, they are still great and offer an amazing atmosphere. Music is absolutely amazing and the mini boss and boss battle theme might be my favorites yet. New zones are also incredible and the design of the overall package is almost flawless. I still think this is the second or third beat expansion. Both HW and ShB hit me deeper. Both are more contained plot lines that felt more solid and were super well paced. Where this game beats those two is in the conversations about nothing with the scions. The moments like when they take a short break to eat dinner. Also, the Garlamand zone was a-ma-zing. Omg. How great was that? I was never a huge fan of the Empire story line, felt it was a recycled story trope that was not entirely something I wanted to see again, but the way it was treated here went into a place I never expected. High praise. Overall Endwalker is an amazing expansion that leaves me wanting more. It’s a beautiful conclusion to the 10 year saga and I can’t wait to see what’s next. 9.5 out of 10.0
  89. Dec 25, 2021
    They did a wonderful job wrapping up the current story line! I cannot wait to see what is coming next!
  90. Dec 27, 2021
    Para mi la mejor expansión de todas del FFXIV
    EW, ShB, HSW, SB, ARR. este es mi orden de las que mas me gustaron, juzgando solo los .0.
    Los personajes nuevos 9/10
    personajes que regresan 10/10
    Triales 10/10
    La historia 10 /10
    Me tome 11 dias para jugar de 80 a 90 y leerme la historia con calma y solo puedo decir que fue maravillosa
  91. Dec 29, 2021
    I do not believe that there could be a better ending to such, truly, fantastic journey.
  92. Jan 6, 2022
    Probably the best game I have ever played, truly a masterpiece. It ties everything together in the story perfectly and has lots of those moments that avert your expectations.
  93. Jan 7, 2022
    I've never been more deeply effected by a game, and maybe it's partly where i am in my life, and what is going on in the world, but for right now, this is the most powerful story I've seen told in a video game.
  94. Jan 9, 2022
    Before I begin, shoutout to the 26 negative reviews and the 6 people who commented

I was never a big mmo fan, i played a great number of them, but could never really get that much into it the only exception was SWTOR which I only played because i had people i enjoyed playing with, but that game didn't really leave me optimistic about the core mechanics of an mmo so i was left unaware

the only exception was SWTOR which I only played because i had people i enjoyed playing with, but that game didn't really leave me optimistic about the core mechanics of an mmo so i was left unaware of what good content was
    then, a friend recommended ffxiv
    I started in shadowbringers, near the end to be exact, and i fell in love with the story, From a realm reborn to endwalker itself, I have been drawn in to this world of cat bois and aetherial gods.
    I am now a best in slot raider that leads party finder groups through savages and extremems, and i love every minute of it
  95. Jan 12, 2022
    this is the best FFXIV has been, it ties up all the threads set up in previous expansions and finishes with a satisfying conclusion, the second to last zone is the best this game has ever been, i was in narrative heaven for that entire segment of the expansion. the final zone while a little cliche works well with the elements set up earlier in the expac.
    every new zone, was gorgeous and i
    every new zone, was gorgeous and i enjoyed their aesthetic with only the third one being a bit benign, the aether currents were also not too frustrating to collect unlike in Stormblood.
    i cried at the end of this, it was a wonderful conclusion to a wonderful story.
  96. Jan 13, 2022
    Playing since stormblood was a good expansion but HW was great SHB and EW master class of storytelling I cried so much and the characters have been an inspiration to me in my RL there virtue’s there indestructible sprit and basic reliance’s of the bound of friendship is something we take for granted for this day and age!. The writing is so good and moving and ff14 explores so manyPlaying since stormblood was a good expansion but HW was great SHB and EW master class of storytelling I cried so much and the characters have been an inspiration to me in my RL there virtue’s there indestructible sprit and basic reliance’s of the bound of friendship is something we take for granted for this day and age!. The writing is so good and moving and ff14 explores so many sensitive parts of life religion corruption and more were others fear not go this y ff14 is the best for be it takes risks it’s brace it’s bold and it’s knows it’s identity just put up with ARE after it’s plane sailing ⛵️ peace! Expand
  97. Jan 14, 2022
    the best MMO which the scenario is perfect while you can enjoy online community at the same time.
  98. Jan 20, 2022
    edineiajop12@gmail.com UeUeudururUrUrUrUrUfUdUfUfUFUFuFUFUfUfFUfUfUFUDURUrUUrU
  99. Jan 21, 2022
    The game was breathtaking. It offers all of the twists and turns that anyone could have asked for and more.

Universal acclaim - based on 11 Critic Reviews

1. Jan 4, 2022
    In Endwalker, Final Fantasy XIV does the impossible: bringing a complex narrative arc, woven over the last decade, to a nigh-perfect conclusion. The latest expansion is a masterpiece that justifies the game’s current popularity and the best new story released in the franchise in recent memory, and it sets an excellent foundation for the MMORPG’s next years.
  2. Jan 3, 2022
    Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn and all that has come after is one of the greatest success stories in the history of gaming, so much so that said success has become one of its greatest challenges. Though there is still much more to come from Final Fantasy XIV in the future, Endwalker is a magnificent cap on everything leading up to it and a fitting end to the story of Hydaelyn and Zodiark. The passion of the Final Fantasy XIV team and its desire to do the best that it can for the fanbase is clear, and it deserves every one of the plaudits that has come its way.
  3. Jan 3, 2022
    Not only does Endwalker offer a satisfying conclusion to one chapter of Final Fantasy XIV, but it creates an amazing foundation for the MMO’s future. Endwalker will ensure that Final Fantasy XIV’s recent meteoric rise won’t come crashing back down to earth any time soon. Final Fantasy XIV’s prospects are over the moon.