2.1

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Mar 25, 2022
    Edit March 25: Kaz has just made promises regarding the InGame economy, let‘s hope he doesn‘t disappoint us this time. Back to 0 if it's a joke. 10 minus 2 for the entire situation if he does a good job.
  2. Apr 9, 2022
    I consider GT4 to be the pinnacle of the series. Content in every game since should have at least the same content on release as GT4. I am not talking about the car count. There have been improvements and the economy is improved. I still think MTX is a terrible idea.
  3. Mar 17, 2022
    Can't give this more than a 5. Graphics are amazing and gameplay is great, cars feel amazing to drive.
    BUT, always online for a SP focused game is a really bad decision. Also, really low payouts on races forcing people on microtransactions is awful considering this is a 70$ game, not a F2P.
  4. Mar 27, 2022
    UPDATE: PD released a new statement about an upcoming update that should give more ways to earn credits along with a 1million credit gift to everyone affected by the outage. I'll wait for the update and adjust my score accordingly.

The core racing feels excellent. The graphics are good, but I wouldn't say great. The cafe menu campaign is actually really well done and a great way to help non-hardcore players into the game(like myself). Overall I had a lot of fun with the game and there is a lot to like.

However, two major issues bring the score way down. Always online, I actually wasn't worried about this as I always have internet. However, a basic patch ended up bringing the game offline for over a day. This is not an mmo, the always online is mainly to save your progress. And the bigger issue, the cost of vehicles vs the amount you earn. It was already at a point where you would probably only experience 15% of the vehicles without grinding. Then with the latest patch they greatly reduced the earnings of many races that we could previously grind. Now it is nigh on impossible to unlock anymore high end vehicles unless you pay for DLC.

If you go in knowing you only will have access to about 15% of the car lineup after completing most of the SP content, then go for it, still a good game. However, if this is not okay(and you don't like always online), vote with your wallet.
  5. Mar 19, 2022
    Cash grab.
    PD threats this game as it FTP.
    Its half finished with half the cars behind a huge paywall.
  6. Mar 22, 2022
    Predatory microtransactions are predatory. Patch 1.07 is a spit in the face of all long-time Gran Turismo fans. Stiff middle finger right back to you, Sony and Polyphony Digital. Where's Xbox and Forza?
  7. Mar 20, 2022
    Classic franchise ruined by tuning the economy to encourage microtransaction purchases on top of the game's $70 sticker price. The rotating Legends shop and invitation-only purchases for some cars are manipulatively designed to increase FOMO and drive microtransactions. Car prices are inflated compared to previous titles, and payouts for race wins are much lower. That was before theyClassic franchise ruined by tuning the economy to encourage microtransaction purchases on top of the game's $70 sticker price. The rotating Legends shop and invitation-only purchases for some cars are manipulatively designed to increase FOMO and drive microtransactions. Car prices are inflated compared to previous titles, and payouts for race wins are much lower. That was before they nerfed the credit payouts! This is the greediest AAA game I've ever played, and Sony/Polyphony's lack of apology is shocking.

Do not buy this until they fix the economy.
  8. Mar 20, 2022
    This was being my favourite games for ages. I have being buying PlayStation consoles always because of this game, but things are getting way too expensive.
    GT sport is awesome. I drove many different cars and had tons of awesome fun.
    GT sport is awesome. I drove many different cars and had tons of awesome fun.
    It's super sad to see a game that is better in many ways being destroyed by microtransactions and with uncertain future as internet connection is needed to play it alone. What will happen when servers are shut down?
  9. Mar 17, 2022
    Gran Turismo 7 has the potential of being a great game but is ruined by corporate greed and incompetence. Graphics and gameplay are great, but greedy pricing structures takes a lot of the fun away from the game.
  10. Mar 20, 2022
    Great looking game and great racing mechanics. However the always online for single player is a big issue...especially when it made the game I paid 80e unplayable. There is also unfortunately a grind for credits and an over pricingof cars. Very poor damage mechanics really make this a poor all round package. Particularly disappointing when you know polyphony can do better!
  11. Mar 18, 2022
    It was a good game but since polyphony is a greedy company made it worse
    The "history mode" based in collections, is good but would be better if you could choose which one do first
    Needs on-line connection to play
    Microtransactions ate insane
    They nerfed the CR. you win with every race to make us pay
    DO NOT Buy
  12. Mar 18, 2022
    game has the potential to be a solid 8.5 if fixed, currently requires always online which has led to server downtime leaving people unable to play for over 24hrs. the in game economy is completely broken, races award very few credits, cars are obscenely expensive. on top of this you cannot sell unwanted cars for a little extra money, you can only delete them for nothing in return. there isgame has the potential to be a solid 8.5 if fixed, currently requires always online which has led to server downtime leaving people unable to play for over 24hrs. the in game economy is completely broken, races award very few credits, cars are obscenely expensive. on top of this you cannot sell unwanted cars for a little extra money, you can only delete them for nothing in return. there is a roulette system in place which is so heavily weighted to give you the worst prize on offer its not even debatable whether its just bad luck or not. all of this hurts so bad because at its core its great, the game is stunning and feels incredibly responsive on the ps5 with the haptic feedback. the car and track selection could do with some love and i'm sure it will be expanded on as time goes but without fixing these clearly predatory behaviors i simply cant recommend this game. Expand
  13. Mar 19, 2022
    オフラインはただの初期DEMOレベル以下、1.08で更に改悪され、素直に課金システムでお願いしません山内が最低、もう信用できない!
  14. Mar 20, 2022
    Lear your lesson PD and Sony, don’t bite the hand that feeds you. Great game, but I wish you took a different approach.
  15. Mar 20, 2022
    cash cow, dont buy!!! after an update, even more so. needs endless credits to buy a wreq!
  16. Mar 21, 2022
    Online only and microtransactions policy are truly ruining the game experience. Just change it...
  17. Mar 22, 2022
    El juego es muy justo, le restan muchas cosas, y el online obligatorio lo que más de todo, en resumen, pocas carreras, modo café repetitivo y poco a aportar más, no tengo sensación de juego de carreras de coches, pareces mas bien un misionero que un piloto.

Coches inasumibles, micropagos y online obligatorio resta mucho!
  18. Mar 25, 2022
    Un jeu frustrant qui mérite une sanction ! C’est insupportable de voir que Sony, en tant que leader, cherche à sucer l’argent des gens, quitte à gâcher un jeu avec du potentiel ! Je me suis lassé en une semaine ! Les prix vertigineux des voitures et leur si faible quantité, notamment les vieilles, c’était décourageant !!
  19. Aug 9, 2022
    Game has some shocking economy issues but that aside it is a beautiful game with truly amazing audio and a decent story
  20. Apr 7, 2022
    Getting there. Still needs basic features like being able to change tracks and settings in multiplayer lobbies. Would be nice to have qualifying lap in the world circuits so you don’t start 20th in every race and have to just catch all the cars. If the AI was more varied in its racing then races could be more varied too and it wouldn’t be essentially a time trial. Circuit experience,Getting there. Still needs basic features like being able to change tracks and settings in multiplayer lobbies. Would be nice to have qualifying lap in the world circuits so you don’t start 20th in every race and have to just catch all the cars. If the AI was more varied in its racing then races could be more varied too and it wouldn’t be essentially a time trial. Circuit experience, licences and the cars themselves are all great. Definitely improving. Watch this space. Expand
  21. Mar 28, 2022
    I am 49 years old and been playing computer games since Asteroids and Pacman and SpectrumZX, I have played all GT games, I am a huge fan of the series, and this is the first time I want to review a GT game to express some serious aggravation. I'll try to be as objective as possible.

The game is brilliant, albeit a bit short (Cafe is over in under 30, even 25 hours easily). Graphics, sounds, music, physics, controls, all are excellent or at least, very good. That's it for the positives.

- Always online even for the single-player is unwanted, unwarranted and plain frustrating. You can't play the game if the servers are down, and what happens at end-of-life ? You're left with a useless box. I get the "online" thing when it comes to multiplayer, online races etc, but this strategy is meaningless for single-player and it became painfully obvious just days after release.
    - Grinding is a part of GT, always was, BUT it had some purpose and clear net "profits" until GTS. After 1.07/1.08 update especially, it's just plain useless, I can't grind for 330 races and 20 hours !!!! to buy a SINGLE legendary car
    - Microtransactions (Sony and PD playing it loose with "micro") should NOT EVEN EXIST in a full-priced AAA game. I won't even go into the whole "store was hidden from reviewers in order to get favorable reviews", which is plain straight scam.
    - To add insult to injury, Kaz said that "he wished players could enjoy the full game even, EVEN, EVEN without microtransactions". THAT'S WHY WE BOUGHT IT AT FULL PRICE!!!
    - I won't go into the pricing of the cars and the microtransactions (MICRO !!!! at 20euros), because they are highway robbery at best, because again, they shouldn't EVEN EXIST in a full-priced AAA game.

Anyway, since I finished Cafe, Licences and Missions, since I don't have the time, nor want to grind and I obviously won't pay a single euro in their microtransactions, there is nothing else to do in this game, so I'm putting it away and waiting to see how Sony and PD update GT7 in the future
  22. Mar 25, 2022
    "The Real Micro-transaction Simulator." No thanks guys
    The XBOX series X is back on the shelves so I I'm revisiting Forza 7 until a decent GT comes out.

25/3 Update. Upped score from 1 to 6 from latest update. Positive news and an apology goes a long way. Will review score and amend once I see how they actually play and if they're actually fun.
  23. Mar 17, 2022
    This has the potential to be one of the GOAT racing sims/games, but looks to be swinging in the direction of another game franchise that has sold-out to the games-as-a-service plague. There are time-limited cars where you are only presented with the opportunity to buy at specific points in the game. If you don't have the in-game credits necessary at this moment (which you likely will not),This has the potential to be one of the GOAT racing sims/games, but looks to be swinging in the direction of another game franchise that has sold-out to the games-as-a-service plague. There are time-limited cars where you are only presented with the opportunity to buy at specific points in the game. If you don't have the in-game credits necessary at this moment (which you likely will not), well that's just too bad. . You don't earn nearly enough credits from online and off-line events alike to be able to buy and modify the cars you want, and as of the latest 1.07 update these credit payouts have been reduced substantially. The meta of grinding a certain single player event hundreds of times to be able to afford some expensive in-game purchases develops with an economy like this, which is just mind-numbingly repetitive and boring. The developers may try and defend this game design by saying that the most expensive vehicles *should* take a long time to save up for. But in reality if you're an adult that works a full time job in real life and you can allocate some limited time on your weekends to playing online/singleplayer and accumulating say oh I don't know - 300,000 credits per weekend? ... you're looking at needing to play this game for years and years, decades even to be able to buy all the vehicles in the game. And that's without the price of modifying them considered! You'd probably have to play the game for the rest of your life if you wanted to modify them all too, lol. You cannot sell cars to gain extra credits like previous GT games, and the in-game spinning-wheel prize feature basically always gives you the worst prize out of all shown, bit of a slap in the face. With all that said, why would they design it this way? Oh of course - there's that sneaky little feature of microtransactions; being able to spend real money to get more in-game credits. And that's the direction they're pushing us. Out of principal I won't be spending any money on microtransactions. You should not have to after what you've paid for the game itself. I'll put the game down and move on to some other enjoyable activity to spend my free time on before it comes to that.

And in addition to the above, the game requires a constant internet connection to even play single player mode. When extended server/update issues happen like they have done today, that removes everyone's ability to play the game they've bought offline.

The strong vehicle physics, dynamic weather and time conditions (hopefully they come to all circuits in the game) has the potential to make for some amazing online racing, with tyre, fuel strategies coming into play.

If they fix up the in-game economy of this game it will go from a 5/10 to a 9/10 in my eyes.
  24. Mar 23, 2022
    I miss the times where you can just pick your Gran Turismo, play a couple of hours (not worrying about connectivity) and have some sense of accomplishment. Now when I pick up the game, I just feel bad about the time wasted. I am fine to maybe put two hours to be able to buy may dream car, but not dozens of hours, this is just stupid.
  25. Mar 17, 2022
    Looks good and sounds great. But it’s obvious the foundation of this new GT was built around MTXs. Cant sell cars, no qualifying for pole postions, only online, auction house that barely changes, lack of events, I payed $70 for a game that not even half baked it feels like. Very disappointed in you PD.
  26. Mar 18, 2022
    Could have been so good but the game is pretty much useless without internet connection (at time of writing) And even if you are willing to spend real money on your full prize game the prizes for that are ridiculous.(at the time of writing). Gameplay is great and so are the graphics. In spit of all of this, I keep playing it daily as it is at the end of the day a great game. Score mayCould have been so good but the game is pretty much useless without internet connection (at time of writing) And even if you are willing to spend real money on your full prize game the prizes for that are ridiculous.(at the time of writing). Gameplay is great and so are the graphics. In spit of all of this, I keep playing it daily as it is at the end of the day a great game. Score may change if they fix these annoying things. Expand
  27. Apr 28, 2022
    This is a re-score after some game updates. Original score was 1.

This is a re-score after some game updates. Original score was 1.

I have to give props to Polyphony and Sony for actually listening to the players and seeing that their greedy tactics of lowering the credits won via races weren't going to be accepted and they've raised most race payouts. There is a few enjoyable races now that pay over 80k+ credits which is nice. The cars are still too expensive and MTX is still a little to prevalent but once the grind seems at least okay then I can accept that.

I can't however give the game anything more than a 6/10 because of two features. Always online and always rolling starts. The always online won't go away because Sony want to force updates on you and keep the push for MTX. I know they won't change this though so no point even complaining, they want it to be a live service. If that is the case then don't charge full price.

Almost all races are rolling starts, this is to hide the fact the AI just aren't intelligent enough to create an engaging and challenging race from the grid so the game creates a faux challenge with 25-45 second rolling starts. This turns the game from the real racing simulator the the real chasing simulator. Chasing cars isn't racing. If I could have one thing changed it would be to have the game take away rolling starts (except for a few mission challenges) and create a proper racing system. One that makes you do a qualifying time trial to determine your place in the grid then have a race that starts on the grid.

Maybe, they'll change this. I'm not sure but I can't get on board with the modern AAA method of releasing half a game at full price and then releasing the rest over time in updates.

I really enjoy this game and see myself playing it for years, I'm even considering getting a driving sim rig to enjoy it more. The cars feel amazing, the graphics are mind-blowing (some scapes look like actual pictures), the community is great with decals, liveries, suits etc. (even though we need an app like GT Sport) and the overall game is fun and pretty addictive. But this is Gran Turismo, this should be perfect but it has some big problems holding it back.
  28. Mar 18, 2022
    A mediocre game, made worse by the mandatory internet connection and how expensive the cars are to acquire via credits, simply disappointing
  29. Mar 19, 2022
    Update 1.11 has fixed MOST of economy issues in game by increasing by 100% in most events. The economy of GT7 was easily the biggest problem at release. I’ve given it a 7, because there is still work to be done and will update my score as the fixes come in.

Some things I’d like to see are the ability to change settings after setting up an online lobby, higher payouts for online lobbies, modes for online lobbies.. it would be cool to have a drag mode, drift mode, roulette fixed for better chances to get good rewards, and finally, new cars and tracks.
  30. Jun 14, 2022
    Edit: Slowly making progress. Payouts are better, although there are only a handful of races that pay good. Online play, lobbies need to be sorted out. Lobbies are absolute garbage, between the error codes and not being able to change tracks or settings once a lobby has been made.
  31. Mar 18, 2022
    It took them nearly 10 years between the release of full Gran Turismo games (6 and 7) and what we get is a half-assed, incomplete game that is also a greedy cash-grab. The in-game economy was already pretty stingy with rewards, but with this latest update, you’d have to make the game a full time job to access all content (or spend money from your real full time job). I miss the days whenIt took them nearly 10 years between the release of full Gran Turismo games (6 and 7) and what we get is a half-assed, incomplete game that is also a greedy cash-grab. The in-game economy was already pretty stingy with rewards, but with this latest update, you’d have to make the game a full time job to access all content (or spend money from your real full time job). I miss the days when you bought a game and the developers couldn’t screw it up after you already bought it but that seems standard practice these days.

EDIT: They claim they are going to fix the stuff that I complained about so I’m tentatively increasing my score. To be continued…
  32. Mar 17, 2022
    Can't do anything when servers are down, can't even look at your cars. Server maintenance can last hours and hours essentially locking you out of a game you paid for. Rewards for everything are very low, the few races that paid better were quickly nerfed. The price of cars is very high. In its current state the game is clearly trying to get you to buy microtransactions. This is not likeCan't do anything when servers are down, can't even look at your cars. Server maintenance can last hours and hours essentially locking you out of a game you paid for. Rewards for everything are very low, the few races that paid better were quickly nerfed. The price of cars is very high. In its current state the game is clearly trying to get you to buy microtransactions. This is not like previous gt games and if it stays this way I will not be buying another.

Edit: they have increased rewards again which is a step in the right direction so I have increased my rating however the other issues still remain
  33. Mar 17, 2022
    I take back anything nice I said about GT7, what a way to trash a beloved series, with microtransactions predatory behaviour.

After the reviews came out they changed their pricing and payout models in-game, then 2 weeks after the game came out they did it again severely reducing how much in-game currency you win and adding microtransaction buttons everywhere. It would take hundreds of hours to complete your collection if you were grinding only the highest payout race over and over (100+ times) that's not fun, who has that kind of time?
  34. Mar 17, 2022
    Huge grind designed to push you into microtransactions. Always online even for single player. Can't even sell your cars. Rip
  35. Mar 18, 2022
    GT7 started off good but the latest update and server outage has exposed this game for what it is now...it's a grind, it's last gen, and it's a rental. You start off driving slower cars and work your way up to better cars by winning races and earning licenses. The reality is... you'll never drive the best and fastest cars unless you buy them through microtransctions. GT7 looks good as longGT7 started off good but the latest update and server outage has exposed this game for what it is now...it's a grind, it's last gen, and it's a rental. You start off driving slower cars and work your way up to better cars by winning races and earning licenses. The reality is... you'll never drive the best and fastest cars unless you buy them through microtransctions. GT7 looks good as long as you look only at the cars and straight ahead...look left or right and the game is PS4 quality on graphics and Forza 5 looks way better. Lastly thanks to being an always online game...it's basically a rental. If the servers go down or Sony abandons the servers for this game down the line...you are screwed. Thanks for the memories but this isn't the GT we all fell in love with. Expand
  36. Mar 20, 2022
    De momento deja mucho que desear , espero que lo arreglen y mejoren como dicen que haran en futuras actualizaciones
  37. Mar 22, 2022
    This game is broken. I have a family with kids. I don't have hours to grind. I have an hour a day at most to play. This will take me a few years to build up enough credits to get a McLaren F1. With micro transactions, I can buy this car for $180 real money, on top of the $90 I spent on the game. I would u der stand mon a free to play game, but one I paid almost $100?!? And on top of that,This game is broken. I have a family with kids. I don't have hours to grind. I have an hour a day at most to play. This will take me a few years to build up enough credits to get a McLaren F1. With micro transactions, I can buy this car for $180 real money, on top of the $90 I spent on the game. I would u der stand mon a free to play game, but one I paid almost $100?!? And on top of that, they nurfed the playouts to half. **** this game . Game itself is awesome by the way.

Update 1.11

After the latest update it's now much easier to earn credits. Good job PD. I'm adjusting my score to reflect the latest update.
  38. Apr 21, 2022
    An always online single player mode and aggressive monetisation/micro-transactions have ruined this game. The poor payouts for single player events and the exorbitant cost of cars within the game shows that they nerfed the payouts to herd players towards buying in-game currency with real money. I can almost get behind the idea that they wanted to make the really expensive cars to feelAn always online single player mode and aggressive monetisation/micro-transactions have ruined this game. The poor payouts for single player events and the exorbitant cost of cars within the game shows that they nerfed the payouts to herd players towards buying in-game currency with real money. I can almost get behind the idea that they wanted to make the really expensive cars to feel special and hard to obtain but the introduction of micro-transactions point to a cynical cash-grab.

Also, all single player races are essentially start 40+ seconds behind the leader and try to catch up. No qualifying to determine your starting grid position. This points to severely lacking AI in single player mode where all they could do to make it competitive was to make the player start 40+ seconds behind the AI.

All in all, an absolute **** for a classic playstation exclusive. I've never left a Metacrictic review before but I just had to find somewhere to shout about how disappointing this whole fiasco is. I've been playing Gran Turismo since the PS1 days. It has had it's little moments of controversy before, but this situation is just indicative of the whole modern gaming landscape. Let's charge people a premium price for a product and then nickel and dime them for every cent they have just to enjoy the game.

Unfortunately I've already bought the game so they probably couldn't care less about this opinion. All I can do is leave this comment to warn other people, and not play the game until something changes.

Poor show Sony/Polyphony Digital. The user review backlash is throughly deserved.

I have updated my score as of the 21 April. Polyphony have made some great changes to address some of the issues in my previous review. The score will not change until they address the always online section of the game.
  39. Jun 25, 2022
    The game oozes style and perfection like no other. From the interfaces to the tinkles of pianos in the menus. Arguably my favourite car list on a racing game. The main campaign with the menu books provided enjoyable motivation and gave a nice personal touch. Scapes, the rotational car dealerships, and just overall vibe of the game is actually pretty incredible.

Unfortunately I have to

Unfortunately I have to deduct points on the always online ‘feature’ and the game’s economics. The average player can kiss-bye ever earning some of the legendary cars unless they invest IRL. Sport mode is incredibly shallow, with minimum financial gain and lacklustre competitiveness it feels extremely unrewarding. The typical online match consists of waiting 15 minutes in a menu (literally a 15 minute fixed counter on the screen) for the race to even start, all to begin and finish in the similar position after a further 15-20 minute and earn 7000 credits (desirable cars will be in the millions)… I even came first one time and was so excited to see a grand payout after how remarkably hard that feat was and got no more than 10,000 credits. Utterly pointless.

Fantastic single player experience that could’ve been boosted further if the economics were finer tuned. Online, as with most games, feels like a poor obligatory bolt-on.
  40. Jul 20, 2022
    I as many others have been awaiting this game for a long time and i have to say after nine years it was quite worth the wait. As a simulation racer it was quite beyond shocking how good the cars felt on controller to the point plugging in a racing wheel felt a tad bit uncomfortable and the music as always is a great part of Grantourismo, and the graphics and such where quite good for aI as many others have been awaiting this game for a long time and i have to say after nine years it was quite worth the wait. As a simulation racer it was quite beyond shocking how good the cars felt on controller to the point plugging in a racing wheel felt a tad bit uncomfortable and the music as always is a great part of Grantourismo, and the graphics and such where quite good for a game and the dynamic weather and the minute details they made quite shocked me to the point that this is the first game that made me believe there was a gutter, but with all these negative reviews it's for good reason the harsh corporate greed that has plagued this game reallly is sickening and a lot has been said about the atrocious grind process and credit cost which i find quite deserving even though i love this game a lot for such little time it has been out. When i first had my long hand experience with the game was during the week of release and i had to say it was a damn fine game but afterwards the gameplay after that initial week was quite annoying with all the disgusting corporate greed. I expect a change to occur and the game will probably have one due to the harsh backlash it has received in and out the racing world with it's corporate greed and horrible online only system. This is a good game and i do not want to downplay it's worth due to recent news but this is a prime example of corporate greed and i hope the negative reviews incite the people at top dog positions to stop being greedy.

edit: As the hype for the game calmed down i have to say even after the updates im not completely content because whenever i boot up the game i just feel like it's missing something like that one last push till it's actually something i really enjoy but other than that one feeling i feel like it's still pretty harsh on it's microtransaction motto and the always online thing doesn't usually bother me but with a game as gran tourismo which i love constantly revisiting i just hope it prepares for longevity instead of a quick racing money grab. Everything here is still really solid with some of the best racing physics i have even seen and everything feels really realistic and the music and scrapes and the overall curated feeling they have conceived i love it and with the added story books and such i feel like this game is solid but i wish it goes back to the greatness it was at launch.
  41. Mar 22, 2022
    I bought GT7 on PS4, but returned the game 14 days later bc of your false advertisement and defective practices. What a shame that you went the route of MTX. Got to support the gaming community bc you deserve the score you did.

EDIT: With the recent patch update, I decided to give a 5. Think Polyphony is listening but the launch was disastrous, in my opinion.
  42. Mar 17, 2022
    Awesome game, great graphics, pretty accurate physics. Great selection of cars, impressive circuits, basic but very interesting "story" mode (I do enjoy the "museum" felling).
    BUUUT you can't actually play because the SERVERS ARE DOWN AND THIS LOCKS YOU OUT OF THE SINGLE PLAYER CAMPAING. AWFUL!

PLUS, latest patch shove down some pretty agressive microtransaction strategy, basically lowering the prize money you get from the races, to make you spend real money.

Edit: The devs listened to the players. It appears they will be implementing some great changes in the next month, like double rewards, be able to sell cars, bigger wallet for in-game earns, and 1 mil to everybody affected by the server outage. That's why I'm changing the rating from zero to 7. If all of the updates truly are what they seem, I'll be back to give a 10.
  43. Mar 21, 2022
    Inadmissible
    Inadmissible
    Ce jeux et un Pay To Win , Mr Kazunori nous demande de pas Farmer et qu'on dois collectionner les voitures MAIS comment les obtenir ? Go les Microtransaction , faut sortir la carte bancaire , donc je paye le jeux 99€ (edition 25th) et ont peut pas profiter du jeux en entier , les derniers exemples baisse de gain des courses depuis la mise a jour 1.08 , et voiture de lengend Mclaren 94F1 18.500.00cr et Porsche 917K 18.000.000 cr non mais LOOL et en plus disparaisse et reviens ont ne sais pas quand ,
    Faut prendre la carte bancaire avec de l'argent réél et débourser 19.99€ pour 2.000.000cr je vous laisse deviné combien coute c'est voitures avec de l'argent réel , qu'elle politique inadmissible (encore si je jeux étais gratuit mais la non ) .

Encore une preuve que le jeux et basé sur l'argent , ont n'en parle des tiquets de roulette , j'ai fini le mode café , j'ai gagné que voiture 1 tesla et le tiquet de fin 500.000cr , le reste que des 2.000 ou des vilebrequin et qu'elle que 10.000cr .

Ensuite les voitures qui sont impossible a vendre , alors que quand ont veux une voiture qui nous plait ont l'achète au magasin d'occasion et puis si ont la gagne par la suite ont peut pas la vendre .

Bref les Microtransaction ont ruiné le jeux , j'ai mis le jeux de coté , je reviendrais quand une mise a jour correct sera en place .

Mise à jour 7 Avril 2022
    Pas envie de developper c'est dispo sur le net Je passe ma note à 7/10
  44. Mar 30, 2022
    -FORCED ONLINE ONLY for a singleplayer game

-No campaign content except some café sidequests to make it look like a game (you get a picture of a cake when you're done) -No grid starts, AI starts 40 seconds ahead and you play catchup for literally all but 2 races in "café campaign" -Useless roulette spins that give you the lowest amount of credits every time -Content locked
    -FORCED ONLINE ONLY for a singleplayer game

-Useless roulette spins that give you the lowest amount of credits every time

-Content locked behind spins, IT AMAZES ME that some content cannot be obtained unless you get it in a spin, which you can only do once every 24 hours and wouldn't give you the parts you're after anyway. Considering those are tuning parts, this makes the whole concept incredibly stupid

-Anyone looking to buy the game should first visit r/granturismo in reddit and read the reviews

-Very limited content even in terms of cars available, most older than 10 years old and you have to wait for them to show up in a used car dealer which only refreshes once in a long while...

The driving aspects of the game are good, weather system is so nice. that's about it
  45. Mar 21, 2022
    Update 3/25: they’ve said they will fix economy. Gifting 1 million for their mess ups as well. Will increase rating based on execution of promises. The in-game economy is terrible they give you Pennie’s and want you to pay tens of millions. Game drives very nicely and looks gorgeous. Too bad these price hikes keep you from getting the cars you want and you can’t even sell the unwanted carsUpdate 3/25: they’ve said they will fix economy. Gifting 1 million for their mess ups as well. Will increase rating based on execution of promises. The in-game economy is terrible they give you Pennie’s and want you to pay tens of millions. Game drives very nicely and looks gorgeous. Too bad these price hikes keep you from getting the cars you want and you can’t even sell the unwanted cars you want because they want you to spend more money on microtransactions. Expand
  46. Mar 27, 2022
    I have played and been a fan of Gran Turismo since the original game and Gran Turismo 7 has put a stop to that.
    This game and it's latest update makes it impossible to progress without spending more money on an already expensive game with their micro transactions which are no so "MICRO", one update makes the game almost unplayable by fitting the wrong tyres on the cars, they fix this with the next update that took over a day to work and added insult yo injury by lowering the prize money payout and then introducing micro transactions.
    Basically we the players have just been employed to beta test a game but instead of paying us to do so they are charging us for doing their work,
    As it stands at this moment THIS GAME IS A SCAM.
    There is no point in talking about the game play as most players wont be able to get past the fact that they are being ripped off.
  47. Mar 25, 2022
    Score as of version 1.09: 7
    The response from the devs is a good start, but it's not quite there yet. Hopefully, they'll eventually make it deserve a 10/10.

Score as of version 1.07/1.08: 0
    Updates are making the game more grindy and trying to force microtransaction on players. Such a shame, content-wise it is so good.
  48. Mar 17, 2022
    This one pains me. As a Gran Turismo player since day one, I was really hyped about this game. The game, is fine. I am not a huge fan of being led by my hand through the cafe. Not a deal breaker, but I am not a fan of how linear it is with this process. The cars are fun to drive and tracks are great. I do believe that they will add more of each, or at least I hope, to make this gameThis one pains me. As a Gran Turismo player since day one, I was really hyped about this game. The game, is fine. I am not a huge fan of being led by my hand through the cafe. Not a deal breaker, but I am not a fan of how linear it is with this process. The cars are fun to drive and tracks are great. I do believe that they will add more of each, or at least I hope, to make this game truly last for some time.

The game gets repetitive somewhat quickly against the AI. And now, it seems, like Credits are getting nerfed. This is already taking a grindy game and making it even more of one. It seems like this series, and it’s creators, have taking the full microtranacrion bait of live service games. Sad to see a once proud development team go down this path. It is worth the buy at a lower cost.
  49. Mar 25, 2022
    This game is a very good racing game. Maybe the best I've played.
    But it is ruined by a slow and non intuitive interface, and by a stupid always-online thing.
    This game is a very good racing game. Maybe the best I've played.
    Even to play the SOLO career mode, or even a single quick race against IA, you must be connected to the servers — servers which can be offline for more than 24 hours because of a 'maintenance'. If you're not online, you just can't do anything with this game as it will be stuck on a loading screen.
    There's more, as if your Internet connection isn't stable enough, like if it sometimes disconnect for a minute or so, and you are in a race, then the race is stopped and you lose everything you did since then because 'it can't save your progression' (is there no space to store save data in this console I bought 500€ ?). Like you're in a 20 laps race, last lap, Internet fails for a second, race stops and you have to do your 20 laps all over again — hoping that internet will not fail this time.
    That's absolutely outrageous that you can't play a 100€ solo game without being connected to these non-working servers or if you have a quite cheap wifi. I hope they will fix that, if not I won't be able to trust PlayStation studios anymore.
  50. Jul 26, 2022
    Good game, but much has really changed and upgraded since GT Sports on PS4. I expected much, much more, but it is not even close to Forza Motorsport and Forza Horizon.
  51. Mar 17, 2022
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Un gioco da 9,5/10 rovinato dall’atteggiamento della casa produttrice… avidi …complimenti…
    A scanso di equivoci, mi riferisco proprio alle micro transazioni…
  52. Mar 17, 2022
    Let me get this out of the way: I loved this game as it reignite my love for Simcade racing games. But the rally physics is just pure crap and I couldn’t even play the game since 17 March because of the new update. Talking about the new update, that makes me sick. Remind me of Asphalt 9 where they reduced cash payout for race and add in multiple layers of MTX so that players feel the needLet me get this out of the way: I loved this game as it reignite my love for Simcade racing games. But the rally physics is just pure crap and I couldn’t even play the game since 17 March because of the new update. Talking about the new update, that makes me sick. Remind me of Asphalt 9 where they reduced cash payout for race and add in multiple layers of MTX so that players feel the need to buy in-game credits for upgrades and purchasing new cars. Polyphony, fix your game or I’ll have to return the game unfortunately. Expand
  53. Mar 17, 2022
    Edit - 3/29/2022 - I just beat the game and I would have to say it’s a great game. It was a grind and I definitely got frustrated towards the end. No spoilers ahead but I’m looking towards the future of this game if they make good on their promises. It was a journey I just hope we get more content in the future. My original score came from frustration as I’m sure we all felt. AfterEdit - 3/29/2022 - I just beat the game and I would have to say it’s a great game. It was a grind and I definitely got frustrated towards the end. No spoilers ahead but I’m looking towards the future of this game if they make good on their promises. It was a journey I just hope we get more content in the future. My original score came from frustration as I’m sure we all felt. After finishing the game and 1.09 update I felt pretty hopeful and turning my 0 out of 10 to a 6 out of 10.

Game is very beautiful. Why can we not play a single player game offline? Why are the payouts so low? Why did the maintenance patch break the game. Why did you nerf payouts? Why make the roulette trash odds? Why hide the best cars under a invite system? Why do legendary cars cost so much? Why is the cafe just okay give us a proper career will ya. Why can’t we sell cars? Why spend 80 dollars on a game that feels more like a beta than a finished product? You buy a 50k car to put over 75k more money into it to win races and guy what? When you get your payout. You have to keep going back and forth between the race and upgrading. You guys need to go back to the drawing board with this because this is not Gran Turismo 7 this is a shell of its former self greed has taken over this company. Will be the last Gran Turismo me and a lot of other people buy but there is still time to redeem yourselves act like you care and make Single-player playable offline at least. That would be a great start. This zero is justified case closed. Forza 8 will be better than this dumpster fire.
  54. Dve
    Mar 18, 2022
    I paid $130 aud for this game, now it is trying to get more of my money through very expensive microtransactions and it's overpriced cars. I am very much enjoying it though, and it is stunning to look at.
  55. Mar 18, 2022
    Server down 24 hours and no significant update from dev. Speechless. No word to express my disappointment. If they still continue this weird always-online-for-career-mode style after this catastrophic failure, then they’re too dumb to take any lesson from this
  56. Mar 18, 2022
    Improved the rating as the developers show promise for early April. Lets hope its the best motorsport game that we wanted.
  57. Mar 19, 2022
    Game is designed to prey on people to use micro transactions. Reducing the credits after patch to increase micro transactions is a disappointment:
  58. Mar 19, 2022
    Changing review to 5 due to the goodwill gesture from the developer making up for the server maintenance. The next upgrade sounds promising and will change review accordingly if it lives up to the hype.

Ask me a week ago, and I probably would have rated it a 7, but in that time, the developer has completely tarnished the Gran Turismo name. I already paid $70 to be able to drive cars that I can’t afford in real life, but now it will take me months just to be able to afford them in this game. The push for microtransactions is absolutely sickening. As esports become more popular, this pay to play mentality is disgusting and will price out hopes and dreams of youth who may have tremendous talent. I have an idea for the developer - instead of trying to pull more money out of your players, how about developing multiplayer games that completely level the playing field - that really make you think and strategize like a racing team would? And while you are working on that, make it easier to earn credits so the microtransaction crap isn’t necessary. I know, that will probably take years to develop, seeing how long it took to release GT7 - a game that feels like it could have been released 5 years ago based on the lack of content.
  59. Mar 25, 2022
    Updated score to thank Kaz for the new update fixing the progression issues and adding selling back, however wont update to green score yet until online only for the singleplayer is taken away.

(OLD REVIEW) SHAMEFUL MICROTRANSACTION BS RUINED THE BEST GT GAME WE'VE HAD FOR A LIETERAL DECADE+!! Also false advertising, no selling of cars... please don't kill such a great car game so

Also false advertising, no selling of cars... please don't kill such a great car game so early Kaz and Sony.
  60. Mar 25, 2022
    good game
    hope new patch and DLC will change the game
    patch 1.9?
    try it first
  61. Mar 27, 2022
    There‘s a song missing in the Track list: „Greed drives me wild“ by German Band „Blitzz“. But seriously: It‘s a shame how a fantastic game was ruined by greedy business people. If it was a free to play game, everything would be fine. But i paid 80 Euro (about 88 USD) for this!

EDIT: Sometimes business people seem to listen, so i gently correct the rating. Maybe even more - time will tell.
  62. Mar 13, 2022
    Nothing ground breaking just another GT game, and I honesty can’t understand what these reviewers were thinking, they must have gotten paid under the table for those inflated review scores
  63. Mar 19, 2022
    It looks like GT Sport Remaster, it looks ugly and old. Not new generation at all. It's fully online, unfair and try to grab you money all time. Today, March 25th they posted a new patch but the damage is done.
  64. Apr 17, 2022
    Edited review April 2022. Score 7:
    Okay, I'm updating my review to reflect recent update, still not full fixed, needs more race options for top level cars and the roulette system is rigged and just wrong because it sounds like a gambling game.
    Oringinal review March 2022, Score 0: Gran Turismo 7 is a fantastic game, but what Sony and Polyphony Digital with monetisation and reducing
    Edited review April 2022. Score 7:

Oringinal review March 2022, Score 0:
    Gran Turismo 7 is a fantastic game, but what Sony and Polyphony Digital with monetisation and reducing race payouts is just greedy. It puts them almost equal with EA, Take Two and Ubisoft in being greedy publishers, that only care for money and not gamers.

We all know that reducing race payouts and increasing car costs is a way to make us spend real money on buying credits. Before the 1.07 patch, I was thinking that buying credits was not a bad option, if I didn’t have enough at the time, now that Sony and Polyphony Digital are trying to force us to buy credits by reducing payouts, I will never
    spend any money on credits.

Also, why do we need online connection to servers to play solo? This make no sense and just makes it impossible to play when the servers are down.

I’ve played Gran Turismo since it first came out in 1997, 25 years ago, for the first week of Gran Turismo 7, I was feeling very nostalgic, seeing the old track in there upgraded form. Now after patch 1.07 I’m feeling frustrated and disappointed, the reduced payouts make the game too much of a grid to earn enough to buy and upgrade the top cars.
    We know Sony and Polyphony Digital did this because not enough people were spending money on buying credits, and we were playing the high payout races repeatedly to earn credits, but this is a key part of the game, we race because it is fun and to earn credits to buy more cars. We don’t play games to spend money on microtransactions.

Another problem with the game is the roulette mechanic, it is too much like gambling in its visual presentation, and it is rigged to give the lowest reward 95% of the time. I tested this buy saving up tickets and then opening them in one go, and I pretty much got the lowest reward every time.
  65. Mar 18, 2022
    I still can’t believe how broken that game is. Worst Part? Pay to win and always online. You can do better that that PD. I mean it’s GT ffs.
  66. Mar 17, 2022
    After I played through the “campaign” doing all licenses and missions I have a very good time with a slightly bad aftertaste of MTX. Now that I read news of nerfing sellouts at good grinding tracks I’ll have to tweak my rating down to 6. Thank u polyphony for showing me that ABBA was right.
  67. Mar 17, 2022
    Missing offline mode.
    More online race possibility.
    I understand the idea about work (play) hard to earn credits to buy better parts and cars, like in real life. Come on devs, show us what you imagined.
  68. Mar 18, 2022
    Hello Polyphony Digital, first time here, this review is from my heart.
    During the pre-order of Gran Turismo 7 I was totally sure that I would have fun for years and years, but right now I am looking for someone who would like to buy my disc version.
    Hello Polyphony Digital, first time here, this review is from my heart.
    The first time I started the game, everything was there in the right place: memories of the old GT, fun, effort, all with technical improvements and fantastic graphics.
    Day after day things were starting to get worse, there was no way to play offline, split screen with a few preselected cars, 2nd driver in split screen couldn't reach the same speed as 1st driver with the same car.
    Dream cars have unreachable prices, but they were fine because I don't care to collect them all in the first 2 weeks, but now you have managed to let it be more difficult than ever with this latest update, forcing us to pay to win.
    I understand that the "real driving simulator" must simulate the fact that only the rich can afford to race in real cars, but we have bought your games so far to have the chance to dream even without money in our pocket, now you have ruined it , thanks Polyphony Digital.
  69. Mar 19, 2022
    70$ for this $hit? Screw u Drm and microtransaction

It is not worth it at all. Very disappointing
  70. Apr 19, 2022
    EDIT: with the fixes to in-game economy that rolled out in 1.12, I'm revising my score from 3 to 7. This feels too generous in some ways (since most of the other issues below still exist), but in other ways the game has a lot more going for it and generally feels pretty fun despite all of the below.

===== I tried to like it, but there's just so much wrong with this game. You need to

=====

I tried to like it, but there's just so much wrong with this game. You need to be online to play single-player (so with the maintenance update debacle today, I couldn't play the game at all). Practically all of the single-player races are rolling start, with the lead car sometimes given a 45-second lead. The roulette mechanic is lame. Earning credits was already too slow, and with the 1.07 patch, is now about twice as slow as 1.06. Microtransactions in a game I just spent $90 CAD. Bugs with licence tests. Dumb AI. A generally unintuitive UI that requires too many button presses. A tuning shop that isn't organized by part type. The single-player "menu book" experience is too short. I guess I could go on, but why bother...
  71. Mar 5, 2022
    Vemos lo mismo que su antecesor el 6, en graficos lo mismo en el entorno, pero el modelado de los choches esta un poco más pulido, que el anterior. no aporta nada nuevo. Internet permante para jugarlo. Para nada parece juego next gen, es un juego de ps4 de los primeros del catalogo, por el precio, lo encuentro un poco abusibo, deberia estar a mitad del precio que esta actualmente en elVemos lo mismo que su antecesor el 6, en graficos lo mismo en el entorno, pero el modelado de los choches esta un poco más pulido, que el anterior. no aporta nada nuevo. Internet permante para jugarlo. Para nada parece juego next gen, es un juego de ps4 de los primeros del catalogo, por el precio, lo encuentro un poco abusibo, deberia estar a mitad del precio que esta actualmente en el mercado. En fin más de lo mismo Expand
  72. Mar 13, 2022
    Most overrated game in the history of overrated games, maybe ever. Made me think they paid off journalists.
  73. Mar 15, 2022
    I am going to be honest with my review. After 60 hours of playing the game you will realize that all the races are rolling start where start at the back of the pack, where your goal is to pass all the bots before you run out of laps. There is no real racing in the campaign. Additionally, acquiring cars is tedious and grindy which is not fun, especially when online sport races requireI am going to be honest with my review. After 60 hours of playing the game you will realize that all the races are rolling start where start at the back of the pack, where your goal is to pass all the bots before you run out of laps. There is no real racing in the campaign. Additionally, acquiring cars is tedious and grindy which is not fun, especially when online sport races require expensive meta cars to compete. I wish cars of similar PP levels would perform similarly but they don't. Otherwise the game is pretty good... They need to work on it for sure though. Expand
  74. Mar 17, 2022
    The gameplay itself in terms of actual racing, is great. The aerodynamics, customization, and other things leave little to be left desired in that area, personally.

The biggest downside is that this game is very, very heavily geared towards micro-transactions. It will be literally impossible to buy certain cars without literal hours of grinding and farming currency. Some customizations

Some customizations such as engine swaps, are locked behind an rng gift/reward system with very dismal odds. Overall, with the pacing of the initial release and the patches, I would recommend to buy this game when it is at least 30% off. The racing is fun, but the economy, rng issues, and the abnormally long campaign/license system that keeps some things locked from you for a pretty long time- makes this a “wait-worthy” purchase.
  75. Mar 25, 2022
    Edit: Sony taking action in hearing the community is welcome change.

Micro-transactions ruined it.
    Don`t buy it. It's basically a free to play game with an 80€ price
  76. Mar 22, 2022
    I’m really disappointed in this latest step with the series. They now want the most amount of money possible from you for the worst experience. Every gran turismo game prior has been more fun, more complete, more rewarding. This game is visually amazing and the real kicker is that everything they need to be a good game is right there in it but $70 isn’t good enough for them. They need toI’m really disappointed in this latest step with the series. They now want the most amount of money possible from you for the worst experience. Every gran turismo game prior has been more fun, more complete, more rewarding. This game is visually amazing and the real kicker is that everything they need to be a good game is right there in it but $70 isn’t good enough for them. They need to force a grindy incomplete game on you and shove you towards microtransactions every step of the way because that’s the future for corporate video games. The game loses all its passion for racing by making these moves and I’m so disappointed that it happened to a series I really loved
    Edit: maybe they’re sorry?
  77. May 22, 2022
    First of all, the cars included in this game is a lot less compared to previous GT releases. They are mostly cars from before 2017 which is a cool but would like to have a lot more modern cars included in the game. The tracks that are included in the game are extensive and different types of race tracks for every taste.
    Graphics are great in the game menu, the gallery photoshop mode and
    Graphics are great in the game menu, the gallery photoshop mode and the replays of races. Although I would say the graphics within the actual racing is not up to standard with the PS5.
    Using the pulse 3d headphones the sound of the engine and cars around you is very immersive. It is also good to hear some of the throwback songs from older GT games included too.
    Driving the cars is great, it feels like you are driving a real car and works very well with the PS5 controller. You can feel the weight of the car when driving around corners and you need to be cautious when driving in the rain.
    The GT cafe would be good as a extra, not as the main "storyline". Personally I think that when you are completing the story it would make more sense to compete in different cups or championships in one go instead of going from one type of championship to another, as you dont feel as immersed in the "storyline". This way you could include some sort of qualification into races and a points system for every type of championship. Sometimes the game is like a catch up simulator, where you cant truly race other cars to win unless your car is much more powerful. Every race you start in last place and its a rolling start to make your life harder.
    Controls are good with the haptic feedback and the new triggers R2 and L2.
    Online play is fun on the GT sport mode where people take the races more seriously. In the normal online mode, you can be spending ages waiting to join races as you scroll through the different lobbies. When joining a lobby it will often say the lobby is full even though this is not the case.

The AI in the game is a lot better than the previous versions of GT. The AI will fight back more for position in races although it does still feel slight on rails at times. It is still not perfect and comparing to much older racing games it is still not as good.

The in game menu is a good throwback to the older GT games. It is easy to navigate, but simple things like being able to see the weather forecast before picking your tyres is not there. You can end up on slick tyres when its pouring with rain which is frustrating. Also to change your car when racing other players online you have to come out of online mode and into your garage which is annoying and time consuming when you spend ages of time trying to connect to races.

Overall the gameplay is good, content is bad, would only recommend if you are a fan of the GT series or if you really like racing games.
  78. Mar 18, 2022
    GT7 already had an issue with credits being hard to come by, but now they've reduced payouts even further? No thanks. I doubt I'll buy the next one, especially when GT isn't as special as it used to be.

EDIT: changed my review score from a 4 to a 7 tentatively due to the 1.09 update. The gift of credits was generous and rewards have been restored, but the April rebalance tweaks remain unknown in how they will affect the game. My initial response would have been a 9, but I'm extremely cautious of this game now that the devs have already betrayed users once.
  79. Mar 17, 2022
    Good driving sim held back by stupid always online elements. The servers have been down all day and you can’t do anything except a pointless arcade race. You can’t even view your cars! The rewards system is terrible too, pretty much everyone is 5k credit. The car roster is very poor compared to the completion. Then there’s micro transactions and the fact you’re not rewarded with manyGood driving sim held back by stupid always online elements. The servers have been down all day and you can’t do anything except a pointless arcade race. You can’t even view your cars! The rewards system is terrible too, pretty much everyone is 5k credit. The car roster is very poor compared to the completion. Then there’s micro transactions and the fact you’re not rewarded with many credits for winning races, makes it a real waste of your time. Not worth 70, grab it when on sale. It’s a good driving sim but let down by so many other areas of the game Expand
  80. Mar 14, 2022
    This is basically GT Sport + a"coffee break" spot. Nothing new there. Where are some city tracks? Dubai? NY? London?
  81. Mar 9, 2022
    I can't help but be severely disappointed in GT7. I agree with the outrage about the aggressive microtransactions, the required online connection, but my biggest gripe is the tracks and car selection. They had so many years to develop GT7, there was so much anticipation for it and yet, the actual content of the game was a complete let down. Yes, DLCs will be released but that hardlyI can't help but be severely disappointed in GT7. I agree with the outrage about the aggressive microtransactions, the required online connection, but my biggest gripe is the tracks and car selection. They had so many years to develop GT7, there was so much anticipation for it and yet, the actual content of the game was a complete let down. Yes, DLCs will be released but that hardly justifies anything and it's hardly something to be hopeful for if the DLCs just end up being more tracks and cars from GT6. GT Sport DLC's were mainly just common cars that should have been in the game from launch. There is hardly anything distinct from GT Sport's selection right now. GT2 and GT4 provided details and a vast choice of cars and tracks. The used car dealership in GT7 is a flop, like 15-30 cars in there at best. We let polyphony slide with GT Sport since they innovated and implemented the penalty system which was new to the franchise and a new direction. GT6 had standard cars which were cars that we're ported from GT4 but still rendered as PS2 graphics, which was a complete joke. GT7 was suppose to hit the nail on the head.

The execution and presentation is gorgeous. The details are so ultra real and beautiful, it is a true therapeutic experience you will not get in any other game. It's cannot be overlooked, it is truly a graphical marvel. The menus and design as good as the latest Apple product trailers. I will forever respect and admire the minds behind the creation of Gran turismo games, but consumer enthusiasts of the franchise are getting sick and know it's always something with them. And what the heck is that BS "music" mode? Forza Horizon 4-5 have an excellent selection. So good that Gran Turismo most likely can't ever match at this point. I am honestly looking forward to Forza Motorsports 8 as well. I presume they will actually use the time wisely and develop something nice.
  82. Mar 19, 2022
    Online only for offline play and the decreases Cr rewards are a no-no for trying to push the MTX. Hope Sony and PD fixes this in a short time.
    Edit after patch 1.09: Very good to see the speedy changes, will update the review again after the announced patches.
  83. Mar 19, 2022
    They've sold their soul. Micro transaction cancer has ruined this game. Also annoyed by the lack of new tracks over GT Sport. The graphics are amazing, as is the attention to detail, so is the gameplay but the campaign is far too short and it's so daddy. Honestly, just buy GT Sport, it doesn't look as good but is 90% of the game without the annoying micro transactions.
  84. Mar 20, 2022
    Great game… but it’s a minor step forward compared to GT Sport. It’s a new game but it already feels tired
  85. Mar 21, 2022
    I'm giving this game a 5/10 rating and I'm gonna separate it into two categories:

1. gameplay (10/10): This part of the the game is absolutely terrific, every aspect of is perfect in my opinion. There's no need for further explanation, I believe everyone agrees with this. 2. Online Only (0/10): This is my main issue, you are required to be online all the time in order to progress

2. Online Only (0/10): This is my main issue, you are required to be online all the time in order to progress trough the game, now, this wouldn't be so much of an issue if the servers were stable but lo and behold.. they are not. I can't count how many times I was forced to repeat a race from the cafe because I would lose connection to the server (mostly at the very end of the race). This is extremely frustrating. Please make the game offline for the single player part.

3. Microtransactions (5/10): I'm giving this section a 5 because I hate the microtransaction system in general in any game. But - from my experience this one isn't that bad. So far I was never really cornered into even thinking about buying in game credits with real money, I'm not that far into the game and yet I get a decent credit reward with each race and I am able to upgrade my cars and end up 1st in every race. I am tho worried about the reward reduction on those 16 races.

I really hope PD will listen to the players and sort out these issues, again, the gameplay aspect is terrific and it would be a shame to see this game fail because of the aforementioned
  86. Mar 26, 2022
    Look this game showed promise immediately on launch. Then the 30+ hour outage came along a week after launch, where no one could play anything except Arcade and Music Track races. Please remove the always online nature of this game, and like many others have said - remove the ridiculous micro transactions.

Update - it looks like Polyphony Digital might actually be listening, as I did

Update - it looks like Polyphony Digital might actually be listening, as I did receive an in game credit token for 1 million for compensation to the 30 hour outage. They've also written a decent update on the fact they will make substantial changes in an early April update. I'm going to be cautiously optimistic here, which is why I've updated the review.
  87. Mar 17, 2022
    The game is fun and all, but always on with the server almost 24h out and the pushing for microtransations is unforgivable.
  88. Apr 8, 2022
    I'm very disappointed in the latest installment of this beloved series. I have all the previous game, and none of them full price 80€ game had such micro-transaction pressure.
    The amount of money you make in the game make it a complete plain to pay with in game credit for the most expensive car. This is NOT how micro-transaction should work. not for a free to play game, and certainly not for a 80 euros full price game.

Grind or pay, but you can forget the fun...

And the Solo campaigne required connection is just a spit in the face. I cannot play when your server are offline? You're wasting my time Polyphony Digital....

You drop the ball on that one. I will change my score if you patch all this crap though

March 7th 2022 Update
    Upgraded the rating to 7 because last patch 1.11 improve economics a lot.
    Won't go higher because we are still required to be connected for solo play which is a big downside
    Could add some cafe menu on pit stop, changing weather, endurance races, cars from other countries, circuit experience, GR1 cars, VGT cars, etc.
    I've finish the cafe menu solo play with only 80 cars... and most of them are not a million credit car. Am I supposed to mindlessly grind a billion credit to buy the 300+ remaining cars, most of them costing several millions credit?
    I would have expected a better polished game from PD instead of a game as a service with constant update.
  89. Mar 20, 2022
    Unfortunately pay $70 to be in hands of expensive microtransactions and be a internet connection slave after buy a disc is not fair. I would buy, but...
  90. Mar 18, 2022
    Updated to 7 with new patch today sorting out the in game economy. Now just sort out the always connected one player career mode and I'll bump it to 9 as game play, graphics and fun are top notch!
  91. Apr 7, 2022
    They made a big step with 1.110 to fix the payoffs for the later events. But there are still some really serious UX Problems.
  92. Mar 18, 2022
    Money Problem is a little better now. But a lot of things are just too hard for casual gamers and and the big money you get for gold ratings which are just impossible for me. .
  93. Mar 18, 2022
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Estou dando a mão a palmatória, após o fiasco do patch 1.08 a Poliphony veio a público e pediu desculpas aos jogadores, logo após eu tinha dado zero pelo game, estou me retratando pois eles se comprometeram e estão de fato deixando o game melhor sem as microtransaçoes tão predatórias do patch 1.08 (Ainda n merece o 10 mas está mais próximo que antes). Expand
  94. Mar 25, 2022
    Update: Pleasantly surprised PD had acknowledged community sentiments, and provided clear plans for improvement with concrete timeline. Will adjust score again when the patch comes online

As a long time GT fan, it beyond pains me to see the current state of this beloved franchise. The scariest part is that the fiasco is not caused by incompetency by Sony or PD. It is a cold and calculated operation to deceive and manipulate the playerbase to maximise profit at all costs. They knew what they are doing. Did they anticipate the backlash? Most definitely. Did they care? Most definitely not. They did their math and knew the minority of whales would more than cover the damage done by alienating their loyal fanbase of 25 years.

The whole game has been designed from ground up to maximise MTX. Elements to promote MTX has been weaved into almost every aspect to the game. From obvious ones like the inability to sell cars and FOMO, to the subtle ones like the background of the credit earning screen made to resemble a top-up card.

After the community made their voice heard, PD and Kaz effectively doubled down on their appoach while offering nothing but empty and vague promises. The appearance of the McLaren F1 (a fan favourite) for 18.5m following by the Porsche 917K at 18m following the backlash is almost hilarious.

Given how Sony and PD have reacted, there is unfortunately little optimism that they will backtrack from their "ostrich head in the sand" approach. A shame really, how this once legendary franchise will end.

Had the potential to be a 9.5 game, but I cannot give more than a 0 for the disgusting way Sony and PD had deceived and betrayed their loyal fanbase.
  95. Mar 21, 2022
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. After the Hilarious Called Maintainance update and Extending Failed Updates they eventually make out the economy system of GT from enjoyable become A grinding **** credits. they intent to force you to buy credits instead.

Update 1.09 so they give us 1 Million credits and promising us players for future updates.
    let see if this 5 comes back to Zero
  96. Mar 25, 2022
    They're trying to fix things! I'm hoping they remedy all of the issues people have been complaining about.
  97. May 12, 2022
    We had a lot more fun with the old versions! The only motivation for this game is to make money, again and again, not to enjoy driving... I'm going back to playing Forza Horizon 5...
  98. May 13, 2022
    I really wanted to like gran Turismo 7 but.....

I really wanted to like gran Turismo 7 but.....

Single player is a unfinished product, after completing the café which I thought was an extended tutorial all I could think is.... that's it.... really? GT has always had a great single player campaign with its leagues. start small and work your way up but no PD had to mess that up. they perfected it with GT4 but decided to just not go along with a system that works.

Online was a joke at the start with tuning because if you didn't have the same tune that literally everyone else had to copy then you're not competitive. so I'm at least glad they went back to BOP.

However visually its stunning and every car has great detail and sound along with great physics but I am greatly disappointed.

All PD had to do was make an offline single player modeled after GT4 and just implement the sport mode that we know of from the previous title. It is that simple!!! you then appease to everyone.

Nope we just got an unfinished rushed title.
  99. Mar 19, 2022
    While the foundation of the game deserves a far higher review. The games broken economy, and pay to win scheme through micro transactions along with very little content that isn’t locked behind a paywall…….destroy any value this game could have. Until those issues are rectified, I strongly discourage others from purchasing a broken game.

EDIT: Recebt updates have improved the issues, and

EDIT: Recebt updates have improved the issues, and I’ve adjusted my vote accordingly.
  100. Mar 20, 2022
    Not ok what Sony and polyphony are doing to there customers.

Good graphics and gameplay but lack of content like cars, cafe menues seems suddenly stopped as if they left like 10 cafe books out

After the 1.09 patch PD is getting in a better path.
    Hopefully they keep the promises

Generally favorable reviews - based on 119 Critic Reviews

1. May 11, 2022
    Gran Turismo 7 brings to the tracks every single thing fans always wanted: the GT Mode everyone loves, plenty of customization options, car loads, classic scenarios and one of the best DualSense and 3D Audio experiences the PS5 has to offer. This is the best Gran Turismo experience we have ever seen in a long time.
  2. May 7, 2022
    Gran Turismo 7 is a love letter to motorsport history and an impeccable technical showcase. The franchise's traditional formula gets good improvements, but it's still extremely true to its roots. One of the best racing series ever shines spectacularly on the PS5.
  3. Gran Turismo 7 is a bit of a throwback to the genre’s early days — and includes some of the series’ old shortcomings — but when it comes to accurate driving physics and sheer, unadulterated love of cars, it’s something close to peerless.