8.8

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Feb 10, 2023
    The plot holes and the writing being worse than a mid tier JRPG is enough to warrant a low score. The game really does not have much to offer outside of the main game as most of the side content are just fetch quests. So the main game and the story not being a rehash and mix of plot points form the books would have been at least worthy of some respect. Instead this game gives us aThe plot holes and the writing being worse than a mid tier JRPG is enough to warrant a low score. The game really does not have much to offer outside of the main game as most of the side content are just fetch quests. So the main game and the story not being a rehash and mix of plot points form the books would have been at least worthy of some respect. Instead this game gives us a macguffin and 26 measly spells. The macguffin is the end point of the game and it's ancient.

Combat is where I really laughed a lot at the game. Forspoken got a lot of deserved criticism but its spells looked better and even the combat felt slightly better than this point and shoot. Though what really made me laugh at the combat were idiotic mechanics where the spell has to be the same color as that of the shield to break the shield. The mechanics and the purpose of the spell be damned, the color is what determines duel outcomes. Every complex and compelling magic system I can think of, like Oblivion or Magicka has been respectful of their audience to give them more. The fact that games not based on magic have more variety and quality in their spells catalogue than Hogwarts Legacy is both insulting and amusing.

The open world is not really open if one examines it closely. The aesthetics are decently done but that would be a very insignificant plus point as opposed to gameplay in that world feeling hollow. Once you scour the countryside a bit more, you realise that the so called open world is anoter exercise in Ubisoft open world shenanigans. The difference is that a modern Ubisoft Assassin's Creed has still more to offer than Hogwarts Legacy. Granted that's because of Ubisoft flinging more quantity and getting a few lucky shots, but in this race to the bottom, I can only draw these forms of comparisons.

The only bits funnier than the combat system are the reviewers insisting that there is build variety in the game. I expect this game might get microstransactions in the future and some more minigames because well the fans of hte franchise are very easy to exploit and gaming fans even more so, as EA and Activision have continually demonstrated over the last decade or so.

0/10 all day
  2. Feb 9, 2023
    What a dull and average experience. This must be the most linear and static version of any 'Open world game' made in the last 15 years. This game lives entirely off of the Harry Potter franchise, and is in itself a very ordinary and an outdated adventure game. The world is extremely static, like a matte painting, and reminds me of Dead Island, where a sand castle could block a truck inWhat a dull and average experience. This must be the most linear and static version of any 'Open world game' made in the last 15 years. This game lives entirely off of the Harry Potter franchise, and is in itself a very ordinary and an outdated adventure game. The world is extremely static, like a matte painting, and reminds me of Dead Island, where a sand castle could block a truck in full speed. You can only interact with pre-selected objects and a narrow selection NPCs, that gives you extremely boring chores. Calling them 'side quests' is a huge overstatement. The story is generic, unoriginal and shallow in every way. The best part is the combat system and world design, but Hogwarts is over-interpreted and feels like Hogwarts on steroids, it's over-sized, bulky and americanized. The gameplay feels orchestrated with low immersiveness, just like an old cartoon where only the highlighted objects on a matte painting are animated. The loot system is especially ridicoulus, with gold chests placed the most ridiculous places; right on the street or directly in front of NPC's and the chest owners, who doesn't mind you robbing all of their galleons. The story is so meager a 10 year old could write a more in-depth narrative. If Avalance Software spent their money on creating depth to this game, instead of bribing youtubers to get unrealistically positive reviews, this would might've become a game worth of a release. Expand
  3. Feb 8, 2023
    Dull writing, dead in the face characters, and boring missions. If this would have came out in 2012, maybe it would have been something. If you're a fan of the franchise, then you may enjoy it, but otherwise just another mediocre RPG that hopes it's name recognition will sell.
  4. Feb 11, 2023
    mediocre rpg carried by nostalgia, it has so little spells and enemy diversity
  5. Mar 7, 2023
    Soo..I loved this game for the first like..10 hours ,then i realized that is game without a soul its missing a spark should i say ,combat is boring,quests are boring ,voice acting is bad on character u play i felt no connection to it..it was like talking robot.. i had no interest in hearing more and i started skipping dialogs..exploring is a joke ,no feeling of reward for completingSoo..I loved this game for the first like..10 hours ,then i realized that is game without a soul its missing a spark should i say ,combat is boring,quests are boring ,voice acting is bad on character u play i felt no connection to it..it was like talking robot.. i had no interest in hearing more and i started skipping dialogs..exploring is a joke ,no feeling of reward for completing someting..""dungeons"" is like.. go down this stairs and open chest with crap in it...I was 20 hours in to the game and story was so boring and simple that i couldnt care less..The world is beatiful,graphics are beatiful but thats it. Expand
  6. Mar 5, 2023
    Amazing gameplay and onderfull sound design. A LOT of stuff to explore and discover. No boring useless collects. You can solve riddles, you can explore entire Hogwart. There's so many rooms you can get in it's unbelievable. Story is not a strong piece but Sebastian's subplot save the day for good.
    World desing is simply cozy, beautiful and dynamic. Through campaing you will experience all four seasons. You can fly on broomstick and Hypogryph. Transmog makes you able to dress you character whatever you want. Simple RPG system sticks with world's exploration mechanics and collectiibles. It's hard to get bored because there's so many different things to do.

There are so minor flaws; grinding start to be partly useless since you are able to upgrade stuff you already have because you can grind a LOT of money by selling magical beasts. Optimization is not good. Raytracing is implemented so poorly so it's better to turn is off. You will barely notice difference.

Overall it's a great game and dream-come-true game for HP fans.

10 out of 10.
  7. Mar 5, 2023
    HOGWARTS LEGACY has very serious lag. It's kind of hard to play. Optimization needs to be re-optimised.
  8. Mar 5, 2023
    It's a boring game. The story is boring. It's a story like you've seen it somewhere. sleep comes
  9. Mar 5, 2023
    발적화가 너무 심각해서 하다가 껐습니다; 최적화좀 해주길;
  10. Mar 6, 2023
    Most overrated game I played this year.
    Story is for 14 years old children.
    Combat is semi good and actually exciting until 20 hours of the game where it gets quite repetitive. Full of game breaking bugs, where it could make u literally abandon the quest. Example, "Looking for the biscuit beast" quest. There is no moral choice system. Don't be fooled by the marketing. Character is
    Most overrated game I played this year.
    Story is for 14 years old children.
    Full of game breaking bugs, where it could make u literally abandon the quest.

Example, "Looking for the biscuit beast" quest.

There is no moral choice system. Don't be fooled by the marketing. Character is only good and cannot be bad even if you want him to be.

Game costs like 30 euros max.
  11. Mar 3, 2023
    really mediocre game rated highly by political nerds who probably dont actually care about harry potter, but just to inflate their political agenda.
  12. Mar 5, 2023
    Trans rights matter. Dont buy this trash game. Support your trans homies. Buy another game instead.
  13. Feb 24, 2023
    not a very good game. Combat get boring real quick. not a lot of spells and most of them are not even for combat. Wizard game and you can not even be dark wizard because game has linear and boring story. don't buy
  14. Feb 21, 2023
    Its almost frustrating how much potential the game has while holding your hand from being able to do anything fun. While the visuals might be top notch the way the game works in such a forced linear way makes its feel like I’m stuck playing something from 2013, with the same 3 boring mini games sprinkled throughout. The only thing that makes this game kinda fun is the battle mechanicsIts almost frustrating how much potential the game has while holding your hand from being able to do anything fun. While the visuals might be top notch the way the game works in such a forced linear way makes its feel like I’m stuck playing something from 2013, with the same 3 boring mini games sprinkled throughout. The only thing that makes this game kinda fun is the battle mechanics which work really smooth and are very fun. Sadly there’s still not a lot of battling after 20 hours into the game. Expand
  15. Feb 22, 2023
    another glorified and **** game. There is no reason to love this game, game has come to a level that can be compared to rdr2 just because the audience loves it. What a pity
  16. Feb 21, 2023
    So i was caught on hype and bought on release like many other people. My lord I can't believe how boring and repetitive this game is. The world is so empty, dull with ugly graphics from 2016 at max. After 20h I was forcing myself to play and finish only the main story but I couldn't and sold my copy asap. One of the most boring and overrated game I have ever played.
  17. Feb 20, 2023
    Boring story, bland combat, too many collectibles that you HAVE to collect or you can't advance certain missions. The atmosphere is done well but other than that the game falls flat.
  18. Feb 12, 2023
    Over hyped by fans by a large margin.

Its a standard rpg with nothing really special once you tear away the harry potter curtain. And if thats not even special to you then theres nothing in this game that you probably haven't already seen to “death” gameplay wise. Anyone thats been a gamer for over 5 years will find everything here dated and tiring. Graphics arent even up to ps5
    Over hyped by fans by a large margin.

And if thats not even special to you then theres nothing in this game that you probably haven't already seen to “death” gameplay wise. Anyone thats been a gamer for over 5 years will find everything here dated and tiring. Graphics arent even up to ps5 standards. Especially not at 80$.
    Lets not even mention that your main character feels looks and acts like a gigantic wuss waiting for balls to still drop, no matter what cosmetic you buy.

Get during a sale, and even then only if youre not super RPG familiar.
    Apparently theres some dumb drama revolving around the game and author. I couldnt care less about that woke garbage dispute. All I care is if the game is fun or not and it just, is not. Zzzz
  19. Feb 12, 2023
    The game has a fine skeleton in place.... That being said, there's no content. The story is mostly a drawn out tutorial, and there's no incentive to explore outside of finding the hundreds of collectibles that don't do anything. You're constantly thrown loot, but it's all duplicated junk that fits more in a Barbie Dreamland game than it does here.

Give me some real content outside of

Give me some real content outside of finding collectibles
  20. Feb 11, 2023
    Pretty disappointed considering how many positive reviews there are. Maybe my expectations for open world games is huge, but this is a 9 out of 10? Open world is hollow as hell and that alone is why I don't like this game. There is no purpose to the day night cycle other than visuals. Didn't Harry and the gang constantly have to sneak around the castle at night to avoid prefects andPretty disappointed considering how many positive reviews there are. Maybe my expectations for open world games is huge, but this is a 9 out of 10? Open world is hollow as hell and that alone is why I don't like this game. There is no purpose to the day night cycle other than visuals. Didn't Harry and the gang constantly have to sneak around the castle at night to avoid prefects and teachers, or am I misremembering things? Why are vendors at Hogsmeade open at midnight? Why can I do side stories for other students outside of the castle in the middle of the night? Pretty disappointed with no Quiditch either or any side activities really. Sorry if my expectations were high that the 90 GB triple A Harry Potter game has no Quiditch at all. The Pitch is right there and you can even fly on brooms. No other fun side activities at all. Why can't I play more of that shuffle board game that you do at the beginning when learning that spell? Why can't I do the dueling club fights anymore after I become champion? It's only three fights and then that's it, no more. Zero side stories/side quest lines at all. All of the side missions are just quick fetch quests. Rewards for the quests are pretty stupid too. Can't interact with people at all other than people that give you side stories. People don't react to you at all even when you do crazy things. No point to the common room or even which house you go to. None of the dialogue options are dynamic either. Pretty stupid that my characters light brown hair color looks terrible in specific light conditions.

Pretty mid game when comparing it to other open world games like RDR, Skyrim, Yakuza, Witcher, Gta, Fallout and Horizon. Ya know, games that are actually 9/10
  21. Feb 12, 2023
    I feel like they made this game for fans and kids that have never played a real RPG before.

Anyone that has played witcher 3 or similar before wont touch this
  22. Feb 10, 2023
    ➤ Lifeless NPCs, lazy models without variety, clones EVERYWHERE, they are static with looping animations or walking aimlessly, non-existent AI.
    ➤ Repetitive combat, mediocre enemy variety. (Wizarding world has so many creatures, and Avalanche only adds dark wizards, trolls, goblins, generic spiders? really?)
    ➤ TONS of generic collect quests. ➤ Poor writing, choices don't matter, they
    ➤ TONS of generic collect quests.
    ➤ Poor writing, choices don't matter, they don't affect anything, Absolutely no way to play evil.
    ➤ Dead bodies, environment objects, EVERYTHING disappearing instantly (Is this game from 2023? or do we go back to 2000?)
  23. Feb 11, 2023
    This game has good customization and the world of Hogwarts is a very interesting world to explore. The combat system is decent but lacks depth. Just imagine how biblical this game would be with Team Deathmatch, but the developers were too cheap and lazy to add multiplayer. There is a lack of enemy variety. You'd think we get a variety of monsters to beat up knowing the Harry Potter world,This game has good customization and the world of Hogwarts is a very interesting world to explore. The combat system is decent but lacks depth. Just imagine how biblical this game would be with Team Deathmatch, but the developers were too cheap and lazy to add multiplayer. There is a lack of enemy variety. You'd think we get a variety of monsters to beat up knowing the Harry Potter world, but it's just spiders after freaking spiders. The physics are complete garbage. I had a giant monster ram towards me, and it barely sent me flying 2 feet. Even a golf cart can push me much further than that. The greedy developers are joining the trend of charging an extra $10 to PS5 owners for absolutely no reason. $70 and the facial animations look identical to Life is Strange 1 during dialogue. That's embarrassing and pathetic.

The story is terrible. The side quests are awful. Not even an hour into the game, and the lazy developers were already making excuses for lack of Quidditch. You expect me to believe that safety was more of a priority in 1890s than 1990s? No, tell them the real reason why Quidditch is missing. It's because the developers were too greedy and lazy for that. The missions are boring and repetitive. For a game full of magic, there is nothing to do in the open world. The soundtrack in this game is inferior to the Harry Potter films, not to mention that half of the soundtrack sounds like it was taken straight from a National Geographic documentary. This game suffers from technical issues. $70 PS5 game and there is buffering when opening doors. There are lighting issues. The flying controls for the broomstick are horrible.

I'm getting real sick and tired of these SJWs calling others bad for simply buying a game J.K. Rowling profits off. Why don't we talk about how your smartphones were built or the environmental impact of your electronics? Oh that's right, the woke mob doesn't have a problem with unethical practices, as long as it benefits them. Let me tell you woke Millennials and Zoomers how happiness works. Selfishness is an essential ingredient to happiness. Don't believe me? Then why are you spending your money on video games and wasting your time collecting imaginary trophies, when you can use that money and effort to help others in need? Exactly, how hypocritical. Besides, it's impossible to buy anything mass produced ethically. These SJWs called streamers terrible people and made them cry. Those left-wing streamers have no right to cry. They cater to the SJWs and insult people's intelligence over a different opinion on a stupid entertainment product, and now they have a surprised Pikachu face when the woke mob they catered to are insulting them. Let this be a lesson learned that you should never cater to SJWs, but I digress.

As I mentioned earlier, there's no multiplayer. So once you beat the story, this game will go back to the shelf and collect dust. Charging $70 for a game with no replay value is a cash grab. I should be guaranteed online multiplayer at that outrageous price. Despite the anti-SJWs cheerleading for this game, it's woke trash. I'll give you one example: UK Hogwarts had way more diversity in the 1890s than it did in the 1990s. Sure, this game triggered SJWs but that doesn't make it anti-woke. I'm sick to death of anti-SJWs turning a blind eye to blatant wokeness in games, just because the internet loves it. They denied the obvious wokeness in DS Remake and GOWR too. Yet, they were quick to call Saints Row and GTA 6 woke. You can't just cherry pick what's woke, based on what grudges you hold or games you enjoy. Literally every AAA game studio has made it very clear in 2020 that they've gone woke. If that's not clear enough, just wait how woke they'll become next year. You're giving SJW developers what they want by ignoring the wokeness. I would recommend this game until it is around $15-$20.
  24. Feb 12, 2023
    Trash for little kids with ps4 graphics and ps3 level rpg gameplay
    I had more fun playing buggy CP2077
  25. Feb 10, 2023
    Não vale o preço. Gráficos muito ultrapassados e varias falhas técnicas. No ps5, em nenhum dos modos roda minimamente bem. Falta a atenção aos detalhes tbm, as aulas poderiam ser melhores, mais interativas. O espaço no inventário é muito pequeno. A história principal é intrigante pelo menos.
  26. Feb 12, 2023
    This game has nothing going his way. One of the most overrated game in decades maybe. The gameplay is pretty much abysmal with a sheer lack of actual care to the feel of combat, lacking any difficulty whatsoever even on harder modes, and a very disappointing amount of speels which is a shame for a WIZARD game. The progression system is the mainstream green/blue/purple loot **** we're fedThis game has nothing going his way. One of the most overrated game in decades maybe. The gameplay is pretty much abysmal with a sheer lack of actual care to the feel of combat, lacking any difficulty whatsoever even on harder modes, and a very disappointing amount of speels which is a shame for a WIZARD game. The progression system is the mainstream green/blue/purple loot **** we're fed up with seeing in the gaming industry, but Hogwarts Legacy has achieved the incredible feat of being even worse by proposing close to no build creation at all. The game is vast yes, but insanely empty for its size, this type of open-world design is atrocious and should be banned from gaming at this point from developers' habits. The game looks good yes, but only on the technical side, the artistic direction is at best forgettable and at worst really poorly designed. The story is actually atrocious and doesn't revolve around any meaningful plot points that the player wants to explore, even the dreadful events happening to essential characters (not gonna spoil it but it's not very original tbh) don't evoke any particular emotions because of how bad the writing is, the end plot is very obvious and isn't well-thought at all. (not even gonna talk about how the story is very antisemitic, that's a whole other discussion). The game is also poorly handled from the technical side with many framerate drops on PS5, many crashes and game-altering bugs like going through floors, soft locks, and NPC warping into walls. Not minor events to say the least. This game is to be avoided like hell, and I would go as far as saying that it needs to be approached very carefully when reading positive media reviews. The game has MANY problems, and I've not even talked about the transphobic controversies surrounding the game and JKR. Buying this game second-hand or when it is much cheaper is really great advice I would give to anyone interested in buying this piece of hot garbage. even if you are a Potterhead like me. Incredibly disappointed with the end result. Currently, the user score is 9.1 which is one of the most overrated games I've ever seen on Metacritic, maybe inversed review bombing? Idk but reading through most of them they don't hold anything special about the actual content of the game apart from being mad at the "woke crowd". Chronically online takes for the most part, most of them didn't played the actual game or should play better games once in a while because giving it such high grades is not serious. 0/10 and it deserves it. Expand
  27. Feb 10, 2023
    I felt the developers played it very safe with a million dollar budget could have done so much more. Combat is okay but repetitive, npc all copy and paste same with the enemies. Still has an element of loading screens. For a game that all about diversity I can’t even pick a pale skin tone. I have experienced a crash and lost all my progress. I get terrible motion sickness as the camera isI felt the developers played it very safe with a million dollar budget could have done so much more. Combat is okay but repetitive, npc all copy and paste same with the enemies. Still has an element of loading screens. For a game that all about diversity I can’t even pick a pale skin tone. I have experienced a crash and lost all my progress. I get terrible motion sickness as the camera is so close to the player even with motion blur and field depth adjusted. Expand
  28. Feb 11, 2023
    i think this game is overrated, it has a score more high than red dead redemption 2, really?
    it almost better and the witcher 3...users score i mean.
  29. Feb 14, 2023
    This game is more like a museum about Hogwarts than a game in the world of Harry Potter. The beginning of the game is very exciting and it lasts about 8 hours of the game and you think wow, how everything is worked out, but then the moment of the open world comes and all the courage gives way to slowly coming frustration from the Ubisoft-like philosophy of open world games. Go clean it upThis game is more like a museum about Hogwarts than a game in the world of Harry Potter. The beginning of the game is very exciting and it lasts about 8 hours of the game and you think wow, how everything is worked out, but then the moment of the open world comes and all the courage gives way to slowly coming frustration from the Ubisoft-like philosophy of open world games. Go clean it up then fly collect the balls there, then clean it up again and all the magic disappears. Suddenly you start to wake up from sleep and realize that there are no interesting characters in the game, and quests too. Everything is somehow artificial. It feels like they didn't try at all over the game because of all these most extreme decisions. The developers were afraid to do something unusual and original and chose the easiest way for another open game. This time it's an open-world game with a touch of Harry Potter. Another disappointment from the world of AAA games Expand
  30. Feb 10, 2023
    Buenísimo juego en la plataforma equivocada. No solo por los fallos de rendimiento y demás, si no lo que le exige a la consola, que se calienta como un volcán. Además si tienes la versión física del juego, el lector sonará de tal manera que tendrás que jugar con cascos, lamentable.
    En definitiva, un gran juego, pero si quieres jugarlo en condiciones, te recomiendo la Series X.
  31. Feb 11, 2023
    Old graphics, old game design, extremely buggy. A once beloved IP can’t save this junk
  32. Feb 8, 2023
    Barren open world but fun combat. This game is for someone who truly loves harry potter but for me it was just ok.
  33. Feb 11, 2023
    Overhyped garbage that doesn’t deserve half the praise it’s getting. Don’t listen to the HP fanboys. If you don’t suck harry potter or his universe then you won’t like this buggy, cheesy, garbage.
  34. Feb 11, 2023
    Attacks are monotonous and unexhilarating.
    The map is large and the broomstick is not fast enough.
    The characters are not attractive.
  35. Feb 12, 2023
    TLDR: Uninspired, fetch this, repetitive, handholding buggy. Wait for sale, not worth the full price tag.

It's not an awful game, it just doesn't do anything that other games haven't done to death. I think people are willing to overlook quite a lot of this because of the source material. For me, the fact the source material is A star grade, gives them little excuse for making the wizarding world boring. On PS5 I regularly run into glitches that require me to reload the previous autosave. Other times the game outright crashes. There are a bit too many collectibles, and recycled animations for the majority of them get tiresome very quickly.

There is zero substance to dungeons, you literally open the door through some mediocre puzzle that you've probably already solved a few times over at other locations. Then the door opens, you walk in and there's a chest to open and you leave. That's it. It's a chore, same as the Merlin puzzles, which differ midly, again they become a chore so much that I just started ignoring them. Just lazy game design, no way else to describe it. Copied and pasted nonsense. I was really looking forward to this game, I'm a bit gutted that they fell into the same boring fetch-athons and uninspired design that so many new games seem to be doing these days. Forspoken and Assassin's creed Valhalla would be the same flavor.
  36. Feb 23, 2023
    The world of Hogwarts Legacy is magical and intriguing, I explored the map with excitement with knowing nothing about Harry Potter(I didn't watch the movies when I was a kid), yet then world impressed me more than anything else in the game, Hogwarts castle was just brilliantly designed, and Hogsmeade was immaculate, Combat felt fresh as there are way too many spells to lose interest in theThe world of Hogwarts Legacy is magical and intriguing, I explored the map with excitement with knowing nothing about Harry Potter(I didn't watch the movies when I was a kid), yet then world impressed me more than anything else in the game, Hogwarts castle was just brilliantly designed, and Hogsmeade was immaculate, Combat felt fresh as there are way too many spells to lose interest in the combat, none of them were boring, enemies on the other hand, In my opinion are bad, there are a total of 10 enemies total... which is lacking for the magical world of Harry Potter... Pacing also wasn't the best, the missions are a bit weak sometimes, some missions were super fun, others were meh and boring, or repetitive, especially in the Mid-Late game, I liked the story and found it intersting, but one of those you're the savior or whatever stories, it felt lazy writing and the dialogue/narrative wasn't good, it wasn't bad but it didn't move me at all, especially with the dialogue being so basic.
    Characters on the other hand we're handled fine, some of them were really good, others were ok but lazy, the world felt alive at some places others felt completely dead, U can't interact with NPCs/Students unless it's a main mission, you would at attack them and they wont respond, leveling up in the game was OK, especially with some side content feeling boring, and some felt more serious than the main story, the missions were weak and lost a lot of potential being really really interesting IMO.
    The Room of Requirement is a good nice touch, I liked it a lot, and I liked Deek, it made the game better and Hogwarts even more impressive.
    Overall I liked the game and the experience was fun, other than cheesy and meh dialogue and some weak missions, it felt really good to explore the world of harry potter with knowing nothing about it, I give the game 84%.
    Story:8/10
    Missions:8/10
    Narrative:7/10
    Music: 9/10
    Can Pet Cats:10/10
    Overall : 84%
  37. Feb 10, 2023
    Felt icky the whole time. Who on earth let this anti-Semitic dog whistle be released?
  38. Feb 11, 2023
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It might not be a grand technical achievement, but Hogwarts Legacy knows how to entagle you in its magic. Expand
  39. Feb 11, 2023
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Horrible game,lots of bugs snd the storyline is paperthin. I regret wasting my money on this garbage as the devs released the game with lots of promises bur half of the stuff is unfinished. Expand
  40. Feb 10, 2023
    To say that Hogwarts Legacy is a mark of the legacy of the series you would be right. A world muddled with controversy as it's more focused on spreading a hateful agenda than telling an actual story.
  41. Feb 8, 2023
    Honestly can't see what all the hype is about. This game is average at best. Graphics for cutscenes are good but actual gameplay graphics are sub par for PS5. Over $100 AUD for 20 - 25 hrs of gameplay? yea, nar...I'll wait for Dead Island 2, Lies of P and Atomic Heart. Clear cut cash grab for deluded fans.
  42. Feb 11, 2023
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. No me gusta nada frame rate nada estable juego mas para el monton y precisamente para esta plataforma. Expand
  43. Feb 14, 2023
    Honestly, without the anti-trans community running out to support JK, I don't think this game would be nearly as popular. It's OK, but a bit tedious and slow. I may or may not spend more time on it.
  44. Mar 4, 2023
    Игра скучный кусок **** . Мне жалко тех, кто потратил на нее деньги
  45. Feb 9, 2023
    mission styles that do not innovate in any way, repetitive story, and an innovative combat system that becomes tiresome after a few hours.

Fail
  46. Feb 12, 2023
    The game is so weird in the way it’s trying so hard to be “gender fluid” makes me sick. Super liberal feeling game don’t buy. Game play isn’t great either, don’t have a very open world feel. The map system is horrible too.
  47. Feb 8, 2023
    It's good for Harry Potter fans but not good for gamer if you compare with AAA other game because you play on PS5 but this game is PS3 graphic. It's not sharpness and sometime load building with plasticine. This game claim many side quest but not relevant main story or my character. Dev create biggest map but hollow same Forspoken if you compare other game with same genre but Harry PotterIt's good for Harry Potter fans but not good for gamer if you compare with AAA other game because you play on PS5 but this game is PS3 graphic. It's not sharpness and sometime load building with plasticine. This game claim many side quest but not relevant main story or my character. Dev create biggest map but hollow same Forspoken if you compare other game with same genre but Harry Potter fans be ignorant, It's make me disgusted. At last I think $69.99 on PS5 inappropriate for this game. Expand
  48. Feb 10, 2023
    Even ignoring the controversy this game is as mediocre as an open world can be
  49. Feb 21, 2023
    Assassins Creed: Hogwarts Odyssey.

It's not a bad game, but it most definitely is not the RPG the HP fans wished for. - Zero role-playing elements. - Choices hardly matter. - Your House choice just changes the Common Area and a few dialogues, nothing major. - No classes to attend, no schedule (other than the 1-2 at intro which feel more like private tutoring). - No proper
    Assassins Creed: Hogwarts Odyssey.

- Zero role-playing elements.
    - Choices hardly matter.
    - No proper day-night cycle.
    - No relationship building with students and faculty.
    - No interactions with NPCs. They are just (in)visible husks. They do not react to anything.
    - No House rivalries/drama.
    - No Quidditch.
    - No choices to decorate your Dorm. Contrary to what they made it look like at pre-release trailers. Your Dorm area/bed is just useless.
    - You can't even sleep at your Dorm. Can't sit or do other simple actions.
    - Character creation is EXTREMELY limited. You can only pick between presets. All MCs look the same. White complexion choices are limited. Majority are Black/Philippino/Asian/Indian.
    - The Character Creation character doesn't match the in-game character you see. It looks like the facial rig is bugged. All presets look the same in-game. Where is the "make any character you want" they advertised?
    - In-game character models look like PS2 era graphics.
    - Students and faculty disappear from existence at night. Students are not even at their Dorms. Hogwarts is just empty dead.
    - No curfew at night. You can enter the Restricted Section of the Library and nobody is there to stop you. It's just an abandoned castle. All NPCs disappear!

It feels like you join 5th year as a transfer student just to ditch at the end of the questline. No attachment to the place at all
  50. Feb 11, 2023
    The ending made the whole game worthless for me. Have no idea what they were thinking
  51. Feb 10, 2023
    Horrible World and average Graphics and gameplay. Plus You can have your own slave. But why?
  52. Feb 9, 2023
    Atrocious game, barely runs, full of plot holes and the story makes no sense, glitches everywhere, combat is terrible and there's only like 5 different enemy types, empty world with nothing to do, load screens everywhere, performance issues galore
  53. Feb 11, 2023
    Why did the story have to be so bad? The rest was all great. But the story was just terrible.
  54. Feb 13, 2023
    unplayable **** without optimization. All in this game is OK except optimization I pay my money but I cant play it.
  55. Feb 9, 2023
    Performance issue make me annoyed because I can walk through the wall and fall to white room before warp to next point in map. I think landscape not good because it’s very dim same shrouded in fog and I don’t like fight motion for wizard shoot magic.
  56. Feb 9, 2023
    A problematic game, from a hateful author, brought to life by a lack lustre dev team. The performance is terrible due to memory leaks. In short Hogwarts Legacy starts to feel like any other open-world game of the past decade once you have been playing it for more than 15 hours.
  57. Feb 8, 2023
    Its a broken mess, with a terrible inventory system, lack of variate enemies and lots of bugs, unless you really love harry potter, just don't but it, save yourself the 70$ it costs and boy yourself something nice
  58. Feb 10, 2023
    The game’s story is about stopping a slave rebellion. That’s just not okay. Regardless of what you think about “separating the art from the artist”, it’s not just jk Rowling that’s bad, the game itself has a very problematic story. Also their first “trans character” is named Sirona Ryan. SIRona RYAN. It’s clearly pretending to support trans people while hiding transphobic messages in itThe game’s story is about stopping a slave rebellion. That’s just not okay. Regardless of what you think about “separating the art from the artist”, it’s not just jk Rowling that’s bad, the game itself has a very problematic story. Also their first “trans character” is named Sirona Ryan. SIRona RYAN. It’s clearly pretending to support trans people while hiding transphobic messages in it
  59. Feb 10, 2023
    Repetitive and boring children's game. Avoid at all cost if you don't want to be disappointed.
  60. Feb 9, 2023
    Full of bugs. Combat is worse than Dark Souls from 11 years ago. Story is mediocre and that's probably giving it too much credit. Open world isn't nearly as full as say Skyrim or The Witcher 3.
  61. Feb 9, 2023
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. the game in general is just bad the story is boring and predictable i mean from the very start i could tell that my teacher would die at the end and that rookwood is the one who cursed anne and the whole goblin rebelion being a set up was predictable. The combat is also no better then the story, there is multiple bugs and the performance is near unacceptable the only way i can see anyone giving this game higher then a 6 is if they are a massive harry potter fan and are able to over look all the issues Expand
  62. Ykg
    Feb 9, 2023
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ich habe zuviel erwarted, und Hogwarts sieht super aus aber Storry existiert nicht habe nach 2 Stunden aufgehöhrt will mein geld zurück, das hätten andere Studios besser hingekriegt! Sieht aber toll aus und die Spielmechanik ist top einfach ohne storry und wir reden hier von einem Harry Potter Game, mehr storry geht einfach nicht. Wieso lassen sie sich nichts einfallen? Wer aktion und kulissen cool findet ok :) Expand
  63. Feb 8, 2023
    Sehr bedürftige Steuerung in Sachen Besen Fliegen. Map Design ist nix neues denn es wurden einfach überall Icons hinterlegt die man dann einfach abfrühstückst. Mann kann auf der Ps5 wenig der der HUD umstellen. Nebenstory sind sehr einfach gestrickt worden gehe nach punkt A rede dort etwas bekämpfe etwas und danach gehst dann einfach zum quest abgeben. Man erfährt leider nur sehr wenigSehr bedürftige Steuerung in Sachen Besen Fliegen. Map Design ist nix neues denn es wurden einfach überall Icons hinterlegt die man dann einfach abfrühstückst. Mann kann auf der Ps5 wenig der der HUD umstellen. Nebenstory sind sehr einfach gestrickt worden gehe nach punkt A rede dort etwas bekämpfe etwas und danach gehst dann einfach zum quest abgeben. Man erfährt leider nur sehr wenig bis gar nicht über die Story und den Hintergrund der Welt von Hogwarts. Hauptcharakter fühlt sich wie eine Schlaftablette die nicht ganz bei der Sache ist. Die Aufgaben auf der World Map nur Punkturell verteilt und es viele große freie Fläche mit paar Gegner aber sonst nix. Expand
  64. Feb 10, 2023
    Weak game from a weak franchise. Games from 10+ years ago did magic better.
  65. Feb 10, 2023
    Shallow, repetitive and unimaginative.
    This game is just a cash grab using a mediocre writer's story
  66. Feb 10, 2023
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It has extremely bad performance on my 3080ti. The story start off well but then gets so repetitive 12 hours in. Expand
  67. Feb 13, 2023
    Just nothing special, another game that goes for his name. The game is dull, boring and repetitive. Only people with 0 idea about games and harry potter fans will enjoy this piece of crap.
  68. Feb 13, 2023
    I gave the Game a 7/10 once and my Post got deleted. Why? 7/10 is great but seems like it is not enough... STOP DELETE POSTS that are under 9/10.
  69. Feb 17, 2023
    A very pleasant surprise.

Combat variety is good and feels 'cool' for it being a nerdy wizard game based on a book and move series and the developers did a great job making it feel a lot better than the movies. Exploration is rewarding even if the puzzles aren't very difficult. The rewards you get for exploring are well worth the exploring. You get various cosmetics, gear, carrying
    A very pleasant surprise.

Exploration is rewarding even if the puzzles aren't very difficult. The rewards you get for exploring are well worth the exploring. You get various cosmetics, gear, carrying capacity upgrades, etc.

Storyline is what you'd expect for this type of world and I never felt like I was disappointed. Side missions also provided enough story to continue.

Reasons why I didn't give a 10/10:
    Side missions are generally a do the one thing, and you're done. In games like the Witcher 3 (which I gave a 10/10), there are some side missions that evolve into something much bigger and it makes your desire to explore much grander.
    The main character (you), doesn't have a routine group of friends that you adventure with. You do have some quests with other students, but I never felt like there was any kind of real friendship growing.

Unrelated to the score given: This game could be an incredible multiplayer experience or MMO
  70. Feb 14, 2023
    The game has many technical weaknesses and looks more like 2010 than 2023.
    on the ps5 there are always frame dips, despite the performance mode.
    the world has been filled with many unnecessary and boring collection quests like ubisoft.

Overall the game is okay, but nothing more. it's doing better than cyberpunk at release, but it's still very buggy.
  71. Feb 14, 2023
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is nothing short of an outrage.
    Optimisation is abysmally bad and the story is nauseating.
  72. Feb 13, 2023
    Putting the weird transphobia and antisemitism aside- man, it's just dull and boring, and nothing special
  73. Feb 23, 2023
    Too many bugs and errors, poor optimization. It's uncomfortable to play on PC
  74. Feb 13, 2023
    Boring and nothing new, just another open world slog that doesn't add anything to video games as a whole.
  75. Feb 14, 2023
    com quase 20h de jogos posso dizer que Avalanche conseguio entregar uma obra prima em forma de jogo. Combate simplificado e viciante, sem 100 poções diferentes e vários equipamentos descartáveis. personalize a aparencia que preferir com o melhor status possível e tome apenas poções que fazem sentido no combate. História bem construída com personagens bem elaborados. Trilha sonora e efeitoscom quase 20h de jogos posso dizer que Avalanche conseguio entregar uma obra prima em forma de jogo. Combate simplificado e viciante, sem 100 poções diferentes e vários equipamentos descartáveis. personalize a aparencia que preferir com o melhor status possível e tome apenas poções que fazem sentido no combate. História bem construída com personagens bem elaborados. Trilha sonora e efeitos sonoros completos e criam uma boa memória. mundo interessante e unico, desde o castelo de hogwarts, vilarejo de hogsmead e as terras altas. Pra quem é fã de harry potter é obrigatório o jogo. Pra quem é fã de jogos de mundo aberto com bom elementos de RPG também. Seja feliz e jogue Expand
  76. Feb 19, 2023
    game is great some little issues but it is their first time and they nailed the world
  77. Feb 14, 2023
    This game is not really stable at the moment, the formula of the open world is just like any generic open world out there, NPCs does not feel like they have any personality at all. And thinking back on the review bombs that said Elden Ring was buggy and stuttering all the time, yet this game also has this problem makes me realize how those hypocrite fan boys really are.
  78. Feb 14, 2023
    This game triggers the purple-haired mentally unstable freaks and degenerates at certain forum that cannot be named.
    All the more reason to rate it 10. The game is absolutely incredible.
  79. Feb 14, 2023
    The Hogwarts castle is there, everything looks generic made from Unreal Engine provided assets. I bought this game for $119. Biggest mistake. And with Sonys crap refund policy can't get money back. I am so sick of every game being open world rpg. And if not that every game is tedious, long padded out with generic rpg elements to artificially lengthening the game. There is no innovationThe Hogwarts castle is there, everything looks generic made from Unreal Engine provided assets. I bought this game for $119. Biggest mistake. And with Sonys crap refund policy can't get money back. I am so sick of every game being open world rpg. And if not that every game is tedious, long padded out with generic rpg elements to artificially lengthening the game. There is no innovation here and no direction here. Everything felt PS3 era generic.

At first there is a WOW factor. But after 5 hours I just deleted the game even though it was expensive. I am not gonna waste my time with this slog of a game. My god so much levelling up, loot/chest boxes. Buying and selling gear. So much padding. And I am not even half way through. Animations janky also.

No one wants to make solid 8-20 hour campaigns anymore with no **** padding and no rpg grind/level up and chest boxes. I hope this trend dies out. So sick of it makes me vomit.

- Tedius level design
    - Ubisoft like so many collectables
    - Mediocre story and voice acting delivery
    - PS3 era face movement
  80. Feb 15, 2023
    Standard Open world. Abklappern, sammeln, so wie fast jedes Open world Game. Schade.
  81. Feb 14, 2023
    This game looks like it was made for ps2, honestly I can't believe how bad the graphics and animations are. I have games that are 10+ years old with better graphics. Also the gameplay is very dull, 1 attack button, very limited spells... scenery is also terrible, just so empty and a lot of objects look 2D. Even the NPCs have zero facial expressions. Also serious fps problems which isThis game looks like it was made for ps2, honestly I can't believe how bad the graphics and animations are. I have games that are 10+ years old with better graphics. Also the gameplay is very dull, 1 attack button, very limited spells... scenery is also terrible, just so empty and a lot of objects look 2D. Even the NPCs have zero facial expressions. Also serious fps problems which is ridiculous on such a basic game. Seems like no effort was put it, I think the game is aimed at HP fans who have never played an actual video game before... its a joke of a game, I played a friends copy and I'm so glad I didn't waste my money Expand
  82. Feb 27, 2023
    25hrs played. Only buy this game if you have low RPG expectations or are a massive Potter fan. Hogwarts Legacy will cast it's spell apon you to fall in love with an amazing recreation of Hogwarts which will last about 10hrs or untill you start to venture off into the world that surrounds the magical castle. Once you get over the first impression you will soon realize that this is one of25hrs played. Only buy this game if you have low RPG expectations or are a massive Potter fan. Hogwarts Legacy will cast it's spell apon you to fall in love with an amazing recreation of Hogwarts which will last about 10hrs or untill you start to venture off into the world that surrounds the magical castle. Once you get over the first impression you will soon realize that this is one of the most boring games you will ever play loaded with an ever lasting list of tasks, collectibles and "challenges" that are all just as dull as the last one. Mixed with a terrible story, relentless audio quips the worst loot system I've seen in a long time and npcs picked out from the 90's this is a game that doesn't even get close to the 9 and 10 scores people are giving it. All roads seem to lead to Game to trade in this pile of trash. Expand
  83. Feb 26, 2023
    Another Ubisoft open-world game

What I liked: - Environments look GORGEOUS - Acquiring spells is nice - Some small missions like sneaking into the library are fun - A few adorable characters like the herbology teacher What I didn't like: - Places are empty, only chests with gear or money in them - everything feels like a tutorial - lipsync/facial expressions are horrendous - voice acting
    Another Ubisoft open-world game

What I liked:
    - Environments look GORGEOUS
    - Acquiring spells is nice
    - Some small missions like sneaking into the library are fun
    - A few adorable characters like the herbology teacher

What I didn't like:
    - Places are empty, only chests with gear or money in them
    - everything feels like a tutorial
    - lipsync/facial expressions are horrendous
    - voice acting is oftentimes bad
    - dialogues are bland and story is nonsensical
    - puzzles and exploration are not challenging
    - all students look the same
    - main quests feel like side quests
  84. Feb 18, 2023
    The amount of bugs is just enormous. Never stopping vibration, sometimes it just fails to switch between targets or even when target is chosen it shoots barrel into the wall. The amount of chaos in fighting system is just crazy, shield that you need to cast and when you do you cannot do anything else. The game is just crazy and I am hardcore gamer. Hate it to the guts.
  85. Feb 27, 2023
    An extremely repetitive game in all senses. Side quests seem irrelevant to the story, combat is boring and the tutorial portion of the game takes way too long before you can actually start exploring open world. It’s too bad because you can tell a lot of money and time was spent on making it - but the finished product just feels sloppy. Like a worse cyberpunk
  86. Feb 19, 2023
    braindead trophy design, full of wasting player's time for the trophy, the trophy design without using brain, asking player to replay 4 times to collect full trophy, design without using brain, think everyone nerd like the developer go **** urself, without the name of "harry potter" this game is just a piece of ****
  87. Feb 11, 2023
    Dublagem excepcional. Mundo aberto é um fenômeno. O jogo está muito ruim no ps5. Tem missões secundárias e promarias que não posso cumprir pq o jogo não permite por falta de interação com os NPCs. Missões que não têm recursos necessários para execução. Estava indo tudo bem até a primeira atualização ou depois que cheguei no inverno. Já desinstalei e reinstalei o jogo mas sem êxito.Dublagem excepcional. Mundo aberto é um fenômeno. O jogo está muito ruim no ps5. Tem missões secundárias e promarias que não posso cumprir pq o jogo não permite por falta de interação com os NPCs. Missões que não têm recursos necessários para execução. Estava indo tudo bem até a primeira atualização ou depois que cheguei no inverno. Já desinstalei e reinstalei o jogo mas sem êxito. Agora é interromper a jornada até que a produtora corrija isso, sabe-se lá quando. Exceptional dubbing. Open world is a phenomenon. The game is really bad on ps5. There are secondary missions and promarias that I can't do because the game doesn't allow for lack of interaction with the NPCs. Missions that don't have the necessary resources to execute. Everything was going fine until the first update or after I hit winter. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game but to no avail. Now it's time to stop the journey until the production company fixes it, who knows when. Expand
  88. Feb 17, 2023
    A normal Ubisoft game after you peel it off. boring... very boring... this is a bubble.
  89. Feb 22, 2023
    Okay, this game wasn't that bad or good until one moment. Until the moment when I just literally can't solve the puzzle on my own, not with the help of guides or youtube. If you're an adequate person, then walk away. If you're a fool (a fan of the Harry Potter universe) - then the game is for you. I hope you get sucked in and don't get out of here like I did. Haha
    P.S. Played 25 hours (honestly)
  90. Feb 26, 2023
    Generic trash for people who don't play videogames often. I can't make myself play this for more than 20 mins straight. Generic dialogs, characters and surroundings. If you never played videogames and you are Harry Potter fan - proceed, otherwise - just play some game with gameplay and story
  91. Mar 4, 2023
    I will give this game the smallest review possible but not for the reasons everyone does it. I truly didn't like the game but I understand the reason players give a high score. As such I have to explain myself. I got the game from a friend expecting a good action game in the magic universe I grow up but instead I got this “mess”. More details below.

TL-DR Before sharing this review, I

TL-DR
    Before sharing this review, I got to talk with a friend who likes the game and I interpreted what they describing to me as such: “I didn’t like the story, I didn’t like the dialogs, the characters felt lifeless but I liked the game.” From that I came on this result. The game is not good by any quantifiable metrics but the Hogwarts experience overshadows the problems that I depict below for a lot of people. I am not one of those people and this is the reason I didn’t like this game.

Pros:
    If the only reason you bought this game is to have the Hogwarts experience, you will like this game. The castle is very detailed focusing on every detail of how it was depicted in the movies and books. There are many thinks to find, many rooms to explore.
    I also consider it very probable that you will like the story/characters if you are of a younger age. Considering the PEGI 12 age rating of the game I think that, it was intentionally depthless in order for the younger audience to be able to understand the game.

Cons:
    As my scores depicted, I consider the game to lack both in action and adventure characteristics. There are many other labels attached to this game like open world, RPG but I will focus on the 2 I think the games lacks most.
    A good action game needs to focus on enemies and well… the action. Fighting must be in its focus and not an afterthought. The game has 5-6 different enemy types and every single one was handled by staying back and picking them apart. Bosses feel slow easily dodgeable. Every fight with them goes the same way. Dodge, throw spells then wait to recharge. You can also shoot with your wand for some extra damage. All the spells are very similar and as such you have no reason to experiment, you will need one of each color though.
    The game has a really big map making someone to expect a really good open world/ adventure experience. What I found out was that other than Hogwarts everything was essentially empty. The town where a collection of stores and nothing more, the woods had a few monsters and they essentially worked as a connection between town and hamlets. The feeling of emptiness was the many one I got from exploring. Not finding anything and if you did it felt like it wasn’t worth it, being the same goblin camp as the previous one you found.

There are more problems that I had while playing the game (performance, crafting, items, etc...). The main ones, I have already talked about. This is already too long for a game I didn’t like enough to finish but the reactions I got/read from friends and the internet got me in a state of mind when I wanted to write this review. Thank you for reading my opinion.
  92. Mar 1, 2023
    What starts as an interesting experience is quickly replaced by boredom and monotony. Couldn't push myself to finish, it's just a lot of uninspired quests and lackluster combat with mediocre puzzles.

Even the setting doesn't cut it for me.
  93. Mar 4, 2023
    발적화가 매우 심각합니다. 로딩 가운데 끊김도 심하고 렉도 심하구요. 할게 못됩니다.
  94. Mar 3, 2023
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The worst RPG I’ve ever played. Boring side quests, repetitive fighting, shallow lore, poor interface to ps5, you will get tired with the gameplay. But the worst thing was you only can see the final credits if you get some level. The game is so easy to finish in low level, but they want to make you play more this **** just to see the final. Expand
  95. Mar 14, 2023
    I’ll give credit where it’s due. The game is beautiful as far as graphics. That’s why I gave it a 3/5. The first 10 or so hours are awe-inspiring and full of promise. You have a perfect balance of student vs hero and a nice mix of classes vs saving the wizard world. Then… there’s a shift. (Very *minor* spoiler and I’ll keep it pretty vague) After about five or so classes at the veryI’ll give credit where it’s due. The game is beautiful as far as graphics. That’s why I gave it a 3/5. The first 10 or so hours are awe-inspiring and full of promise. You have a perfect balance of student vs hero and a nice mix of classes vs saving the wizard world. Then… there’s a shift. (Very *minor* spoiler and I’ll keep it pretty vague) After about five or so classes at the very beginning, your professor gives you your very own special place for ALL your magical needs. And I mean literally… ALL of it. It seems awesome at first, until you realize this is your replacement for classes. “Who needs anything else when you can brew 25 wiggenweld potions right here in under a minute! It’s not even fall yet and you don’t need to step foot in another classroom ever again, doesn’t that sound SO great!?” I wish I could decline the offer. I liked the classes? I don’t want to reduce my school experience to one single room? This is where the magic of Hogwarts took a severe plunge for me. The classrooms sit eerily empty the rest of the game, not even NPCs seem to take classes anymore. And suddenly the game becomes a tedious bee-line back and forth from your secluded “special” room, to various caves/mines the rest of the game. As a fan of RPGs I really love the roleplay aspect. I was excited to be a student at Hogwarts, but I spend 90% of my time alone. I’m struggling to finish the game. I really wished I had to go to potions class to make potions, and Herbology to grow plants, make a stop by the Beasts class to visit my magical Beasts I collect but I can’t. They shrunk the giant castle of a school and all of its potential down to one single room. My common room never needs to be set foot in again, either, after the first few hours. I thought House Quests might spawn there. But nothing ever does, my Housemates don’t even acknowledge me. Im 70% done with the game and I’ve never seen my student even sit down in the dining hall. I cant interact with it. I Can eat food off of random bar tables and drink someone’s Butterbeer backwash, but I can’t touch the student’s food. Same with my “bedroom”, I can’t even sleep in my bed my character just exclusively drops to the floor for a nap instead… even in my room. They give you the freedom to decorate your “special one-stop space” but I’d rather have decorated and customized my own dorm instead and continued going to the classrooms to brew/grow things. I even customize all my gear in that room, so why should I even return to the clothing store in Hogsmeade? That room killed it for me. It really did…

My character has been kind of a loner ever since. Feels like I drank and invisibility potion and can’t undo it. Suddenly no one cares if you wander right in the restricted section, no one will say/do anything. People only talk to you when they need to send you off on another fetch quest in a spiders den. There’s no fun/happiness after the first few hours. Im not a student anymore, im more of an errand girl. My House doesn’t mean anything but the color of my robes. I don’t know, the magic just kinda stopped being magical.
  96. Mar 19, 2023
    Great game! but how could I rate it if I can't even install it from the disc. I got scammed for 54$

Generally favorable reviews - based on 93 Critic Reviews

1. Mar 19, 2023
    Much like modern Assassin Creed games, Hogwarts Legacy lives and dies on whether you get captured by its spectacular worldbuilding. There are clear and concrete bloatware issues and concerns, but for a Harry Potter fan it can be quite easy to ignore most of them and just dive in its impressive world, chockfull of activities and Wizarding World experiences.
  2. Aside from a few bugs and a bit of dodgy writing, Hogwarts Legacy is one of the most enjoyable open-world games I’ve played. Not quite Elden Ring, but it embarrasses the Assassin’s Creed games when it comes to mission variety and a sense of exploration.
  3. Mar 9, 2023
    Hogwarts Legacy brings the world of Harry Potter to life, more than we could ever hope for. A weaker main story and some unpolished elements can’t dent the armour of a mind-blowing atmosphere built through a world that feels truly alive. When it comes to world-building, this game is a true monster - a beast that will engulf you until every last corner of it is explored, and every story brought to its end. Undoubtedly a masterful experience.