7.6

1. Oct 19, 2021
    Lost In Random
    An interesting adventure
    Lost in Random is creepy, it’s a 10 hour long card based action adventure game where you play as Even, out to rescue her sister Odd as they’ve been split up on Odds 12th birthday, where all the kids in town roll a die to figure out hwere in Random they’ll ive, she rolls a 6 and is swept away to live with the queen.. Along your way you meet a dice,
    Lost In Random
    An interesting adventure
    Along your way you meet a dice, and you set off an adventure to git the dice more pits so it cann roll higher numbers, to eventually get to the kingdom of 6…
    youll also get cards to build of a deck of 15… these cards help in a variety of ways during combat, essentially youll hit weakspots with slingshots, fill up a card so you can roll dicey, the number you roll is how many action points you get to play a card such as having a word, or throwing out a bomb.. even healing.. just to name a few.. and youll do a mixture of combat and exploring these creapy tim burton like towns solving the problems of its residence to help you move on.. .
    The greatest aspct of lsot in random is its world building.. I loved living in thise creepy little land.. meeting its colorful cast of charcters.. however I felt like eventually it all just became too much.. I felt like I was mostly sitting through dialog, waiting for my turn to choose a dialog option that didn’t change anything in the world or its gameplay, it was just an artificial choice wasting my time, pretending it was important.. causing me to get bored about halfway through, just wanting to push forward and explore the world, but instead these charcters just wanted to talk and talk and talk.. I stopped caring.. skipping dialog just trying to move on, go to the next section to throw down some dice and mess enemies up, til that too became a bore.. combat here just isn’t satisfying, it’s a novel idea at first reminding me a bit of kingdom hearts unchained memories, I love the idea of deck building for combat, but with how slow cards come out, and how annoying it is to aim for weak spots on enemies in general in terms of all video games, it just felt like a slog at times.. Something I feel that could be fixed with these shtos of my slingshot at least doing a little damage, encouraging me to use cards to be more powerful rather than rely on them to progress forward..
    Overall I appreciate the world of Lost in Random, the characters are crazy, the world is intriguing, and there are many great life lessons to be taken, but the pacing from the combat to the story is just awful, its bad and brought this nearly great game down in my eyes.. not by much.. but I found myself noticeable liking the game less and less the more I played it…
    I give Lost in Random
    a 7/10
  2. Mar 3, 2022
    Let me start by saying this game has a lovely style. The artwork is amazing and I love the feel of this crazy little world. It reminds me of The nightmare Before Christmas in a lot of ways. Just stunning.
    The characters you meet on your journey are fun and quirky, and the quests are never dull.
    In terms of art and story, this is a 10 easily. What I didn't enjoy so much was the combat.
    In terms of art and story, this is a 10 easily.
    What I didn't enjoy so much was the combat.
    It is very, very repetitive. And depending on the cards you get, man, some of the boss battles can go on for an age. I never felt like I was going to really die that often, but sometimes it would take 30 minutes to beat a boss fight and by the end of it, I was bored of the encounter.
    Now, that may have been me, and my combat approach, and sure, other peoples mileage may vary on that point.
    So to conclude, I found Lost In random to be a beautiful, charming and fun game, somewhat hampered by a long, drawn out and frustrating combat system.
  3. May 14, 2022
    The game is bla bla bla bla
    300 choice, 3000 line and for no reason...
    The gameplay is repetitive, so you will get bored quickly... the story is nice, the performance is clunky and weird... save your time and play something else

Generally favorable reviews - based on 31 Critic Reviews

1. PLAY
    Oct 17, 2021
    Lost In Random’s unique and compelling qualities go deeper than the wonderful art design. Trust us, roll the dice on a purchase, and you will not be disappointed. [Issue#7, p.84]
  2. Oct 14, 2021
    Lost in Random is a magical experience in several areas. The story, presentation, and world are a joy to experience from start to finish, with a few minor exceptions. On the other hand, the combat is initially refreshing but is hindered by the length of encounters and a lack of depth in its mechanics, so later encounters feel like a frustrating chore. It's a fun action-adventure in short bursts, and Lost in Random deserves much more attention than it has received.
  3. Oct 12, 2021
    The story grabs you immediately and maintains a steady drip-feeding of excitement throughout its playtime and the game is just overall a refined, lovingly crafted adventure that will appeal to even those who are generally turned off by “card battle” games, as the content and gameplay here goes much deeper than that.