- Summary: Play the odds in Lost in Random™, a gothic fairytale-inspired action adventure where every citizen’s fate is determined by the roll of a dice. Ruled by a wicked Queen, the kingdom of Random is divided into six shadowy realms where life is dictated by a cursed black dice. In this story, fromPlay the odds in Lost in Random™, a gothic fairytale-inspired action adventure where every citizen’s fate is determined by the roll of a dice. Ruled by a wicked Queen, the kingdom of Random is divided into six shadowy realms where life is dictated by a cursed black dice. In this story, from the award-winning Swedish game studio Zoink and penned by Eisner Award-winning Adventure Time and Marvel Comics The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl author Ryan North, you’ll join Even, a penniless girl who’s down on her luck, in a dark quest to save her beloved sister. With her companion Dicey, a small and strange living dice, Even must learn to embrace the chaos of Random, uncovering an age-old tale with a modern message. Walk Random’s mysterious cobbled streets, meet its unpredictable residents, and take on courageous quests. Engage in fearsome battles with a unique blend of tactical combat, card collection, and explosive dice gameplay. It’s time to adapt or perish, as you battle inside giant board game arenas that change with every dice throw! Learn how to tip the odds in your favor, and dive into a dark wonderland where only the brave survive.… Expand
Sep 10, 2021Even with that gripe, Lost in Random just does so much right that it doesn't even really matter. I wouldn't trade my experience in the game for anything, and I'd be willing to get lost in the world of Random all-over gain. If you're on the fence, trust me, just roll the dice and jump on in, because you won't regret it.
Sep 10, 2021From the artistic direction to the narration, passing through the combat system, Lost in Random stages a suggestive contrast between order and chaos. A modern dark fairy tale that owes much of its aesthetic to the imagery of Nightmare Before Christmas and Coraline, Lost in Random will undoubtedly conquer lovers of Tim Burton's works. Capable of entertaining, amusing, but also disturbing, the Indie by Zoink Games is absolutely recommended to all players looking for a good Action Adventure full of ideas and original solutions.
Sep 20, 2021It doesn’t seem random that Lost in Random is a great game. The developers put a lot of thought into crafting a fantastic gaming experience alongside a grim storybook adventure. It all works incredibly well with only a few dips of quality that will surely be fixed over time. I enjoyed this experience thoroughly as it delivers on its action-adventure and haphazard gameplay systems.
Sep 10, 2021Lost in Random enjoys an exquisite universe, between an artistic direction reminiscent of the golden age of stop motion and a particularly rich narration. Add to that combat mechanics cleverly built and well executed despite some redundancies and some under-exploited ideas. But in the end, Zoink offers us a fascinating macabre tale that never runs out of steam over time and is worth browsing.
Sep 27, 2021As our minds turn toward more haunted holidays, it’s a good time to get lost in Random. Even’s commitment to her quest is enough to carry you through an awkwardly told story, and despite some parts of combat that feel too dependent on luck, the card-dice fights are truly unique. The pace of the journey, from drawn-out conversations to endings that cut you off from the best parts, befoul what is otherwise a fun world to explore.
Sep 12, 2021I love the vibe of this game, it feels like I'm playing a Tim Burton movie. Also, people complaining about localization ... this game is anI love the vibe of this game, it feels like I'm playing a Tim Burton movie. Also, people complaining about localization ... this game is an indie game made by a smaller studio from Sweden with 25 employees. Don't be such crybabies. You can't play every game in existence, so suck it up. There are so many japan-only games I haven't played and I don't go around review bombing them.… Expand
Sep 19, 2021Great game in fantastic art style. Like playing a 90s Burton/Selick movie. I think some people are forgetting this is an indie studio. ReviewGreat game in fantastic art style. Like playing a 90s Burton/Selick movie. I think some people are forgetting this is an indie studio. Review bombing because your language isn't localised (you can see if it is or not before buying, so just don't buy?) is very silly.… Expand
Apr 29, 2022this Game is very Nice. it has a really great story, nice Mecanics and its actually good with no microtransactions by Ea (something wonderfulthis Game is very Nice. it has a really great story, nice Mecanics and its actually good with no microtransactions by Ea (something wonderful and rare i would say. say.)
its a very long game about ca. 10 h but if you play the game you can finish it it ain't persona 5. this game is a good one. 8-10/10 would recommend… Expand
Oct 13, 2021This game is fun, silly, and unique. Is it perfect - certainly not, but I wasn't expecting so large epic Witcher 3/Horizon Zero Dawn game.This game is fun, silly, and unique. Is it perfect - certainly not, but I wasn't expecting so large epic Witcher 3/Horizon Zero Dawn game. I'd recommend.… Expand
Sep 12, 2021Outstanding game.
+ unique and interesting Tim Burton styled world
+ very unique and fun gameplay. I really enjoyed all board games. BattleOutstanding game.
+ unique and interesting Tim Burton styled world
+ very unique and fun gameplay. I really enjoyed all board games. Battle system is just fun and challenging at times, but definitely not for kids
+ awesome soundtrack
+ Story and characters are just great. I really felt involved into the story and wanted to save Odd, help to stop a war in 3rd world etc.
- Only 2nd and 3rd world were nicely done. Others felt really bland
- NPC design is reused too much. Same fish, bubaduba, long armslegs, rat guy everywhere
- not enough colors here and there so exploring feels boring at times
- how come Royam boss is harder than final boss? In fact he's the hardest challenge in the game. Like really?
- sometimes it's really boring to listen to all optional dialogues, they don't give any interesting intel. Should've got rid of some
- puzzles are too easy
- no chapter selection. Guys I wanted to platinum your game, but after credits you don't have access to card shop, etc. At least give me check point before final bosses… Expand
Mar 3, 2022Let me start by saying this game has a lovely style. The artwork is amazing and I love the feel of this crazy little world. It reminds me ofLet me start by saying this game has a lovely style. The artwork is amazing and I love the feel of this crazy little world. It reminds me of The nightmare Before Christmas in a lot of ways. Just stunning.
The characters you meet on your journey are fun and quirky, and the quests are never dull.
In terms of art and story, this is a 10 easily.
What I didn't enjoy so much was the combat.
It is very, very repetitive. And depending on the cards you get, man, some of the boss battles can go on for an age. I never felt like I was going to really die that often, but sometimes it would take 30 minutes to beat a boss fight and by the end of it, I was bored of the encounter.
Now, that may have been me, and my combat approach, and sure, other peoples mileage may vary on that point.
So to conclude, I found Lost In random to be a beautiful, charming and fun game, somewhat hampered by a long, drawn out and frustrating combat system.… Expand
Jun 19, 2022The randomness in the boss fights in conjunction with the fact that this randomness can make them a half hour long, or longer, makes this gameThe randomness in the boss fights in conjunction with the fact that this randomness can make them a half hour long, or longer, makes this game incredibly frustrating. I have to do a half hour fight over again because of....the dice rolling wrong over and over and over? This is bad game design. Im just jaw agape at the screen on the baroness fight, rolling "wall" over, and over. Its obviously rigged to make you have to fight her twice. Its maliciously designed. Like why? Who is this game for?… Expand
Awards & Rankings
- By user score