7.4

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Nov 3, 2022
    Thanks to Atlus for making PlayStation owners buy the game for the THIRD time. You can immediately see the pro-consumer company. No, no thanks. The game is certainly good, but not 90+ score.
  2. Oct 31, 2022
    nice game nice game nice game nice game nice game nice game nice game nice game
  3. Nov 4, 2022
    If we stick to analysing the game and not its retail price or its previous versions, this is objectively one of the best JRPGs ever made, if not the best. A main story more than 100 hours long with practically no filler content. Incredible art style and soundtrack. Beautiful anime cinematics. Gameplay that mixes the best elements of games like Pokémon, Animal Crossing and Final Fantasy.If we stick to analysing the game and not its retail price or its previous versions, this is objectively one of the best JRPGs ever made, if not the best. A main story more than 100 hours long with practically no filler content. Incredible art style and soundtrack. Beautiful anime cinematics. Gameplay that mixes the best elements of games like Pokémon, Animal Crossing and Final Fantasy. This is one of my comfort games and everybody should experience at least once. Just remember to be patient and enjoy the ride. This is not a game you rush through and beat in 2 weeks. Expand
  4. Nov 20, 2022
    I just lost 5 hours of gameplay because there is no autosave feature. What a stupid design choice that is!
  5. Oct 23, 2022
    For those that didn't get to experience this masterpiece on the PS4 - do it.
    It will suck out your real life like a succubus but boy oh boy is it gonna be worth it.
    For those that didn't get to experience this masterpiece on the PS4 - do it.

This game has it all from talking cats (but don't ever call Morgana that) to teachers with questionable side jobs all the way to a goth mommy doctor that calls you her "pet". If that didn't convince you, I don't know what will.

11/10 game, amongst the top 3 RPGs of all time.
  6. Oct 24, 2022
    Atlus must think its fans are morons. Twice the price of the PS4 version, and for what? 60 FPS and some very slight graphical upgrades you'll never notice. Oh, and you also get all the old DLC, most of which is just BGMs and some costumes. It would be cheaper to buy the PS4 version and the specific DLC you want than it would be to buy the ps5 version.

There's also no free upgrade for

There's also no free upgrade for owners of the PS4 version, saves don't transfer if you own the PS4 version and neither do trophies.

Just get the Ps4 version. It's 20-30 bucks on Amazon. Save yourself the money.
  7. Oct 28, 2022
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It's basically a 60 fps patch for $60. If you have the ps4 version it's not worth upgrading. This is greed at its finest. Expand
  8. Oct 25, 2022
    Same game, double the price. Its very greedy from Atlus that they don't offer any upgrade path to players that already bought this game and DLC like 2 times already. 60 fps don't make much difference in this slow paced turned based RPG. Other than that its the same game.
  9. Oct 24, 2022
    Forget about it Atlus. Whoever want to play this otherwise good game, buy the Ps4 version for halved price. They are 99% the same.
    These games are guilty pleasures for me, as they are so out of this world, silly usually stupid ones, somehow i started to like them. I have the Catherine Full Body day one edition, also P4G on my PSvita, also bought Persona5, then i bought the collectior edition of Persona5 Royal with the silly Joker mask and the art book.
    Atlus doing this "Let's make the game, then re-release it to grab some more money" thingy since P3, but at least they release the games with extended content. Royal were okey. It added plenty to make me forget i bought this for a full game's price (More if we count i got the collector one, but shame on me on this). Even if i hated how dumb they finished the story, and kinda destroyed every new character's personality it was good.
    But this is a joke. It seems like the exact same game. I don't know where they can improve a game which have cartoonish graphics. Maybe the lights but asking the full price from those, who bought the PS4 version already...
    Persona is always kinda about teens fighting against the society, that marks them as outsiders just because they not fit perfectly, the unjust of the world of adults, those who always want more and more money. Isn't this kinda ironic, Atlus?
    This kind of behaviour would deserve a Calling Card...
  10. Nov 18, 2022
    Its exactly same as ps4 ver. Why does it need a ps5 ver when its exact same jrpg and other consoles needed it more than a ps5 getting another version of persona 5. Its a ps5 moneyhat, don't get this version but instead get a different version such as Xbox or Switch as its a brand new release on platform. Anyways, i love this jrpg but the ps5 specs for the graphics quality is horrible
  11. Nov 17, 2022
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Purely from a persona fan that loves the series, and owning on ps4, then purchasing the royal version at full price which was a bit of a bitter pill already. This should have been a free upgrade for original loyal purchasing fans on ps4. Sadly it is not. Its a 10 for those who never had it. But be warned, if you do get hooked and you wish for persona 6, remember they will make 6, then a 6 royal version. I will be waiting for that one and not jumping to 6 immediately on release. Sorry atlus, I know your game well, you did it with 4 and 4 gold too...I have learnt. Expand
  12. Oct 28, 2022
    They rated a 2.5D paper game 93 and this is a ps5 remaster version,honestly original is great but not top tier,crazy
  13. Nov 24, 2022
    Plays like a ps3 game.. can't put my finger up it but something feels off. I have gamepass as well so will see if it's any better on there.
  14. Nov 19, 2022
    absolute masterpiece do I need to say anything more? OK fine. great graphics, amazing controls, brilliant camera and incredible theme. this game may be long but it is worth it. the 3rd semester for many people did not live up to exceptions and was disappointing however I very much liked it.
  15. Nov 26, 2022
    Super Part!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Die 60 FPS machen schon etwas aus
    Volle Empfehlung für einen erneuten Kauf!
  16. Nov 15, 2022
    One of my fav games of all time. I especially recommend it to people who like Anime.
  17. Oct 29, 2022
    estilo de gameplay muito diferente por turnos e tem uma história maravilhosa esse jogo sugou várias horas minhas

Universal acclaim - based on 9 Critic Reviews

1. Nov 21, 2022
    Persona 5 Royal takes the formula established by the previous games and refines it to almost perfection. The intricacies of every system in the game, be it social- or combat-related, might be hard to understand at first, but Persona 5 Royal is pretty generous with objective deadlines, as well as tips and hints. However, if you want to get all that the game has to offer in terms of story, that’s a completely different tune. The outstanding soundtrack and visuals, as well as the top-notch combat system, social interactions, great characters and voice acting make Persona 5 Royal a JRPG masterpiece. This is a game that has little to no flaws, so everyone who loves the genre should make the time to play it.
  2. Nov 4, 2022
    Atlus has undoubtedly created a definitive experience that takes the crown jewel JRPG of the generation. Persona 5 Royal improves on everything the vanilla version was lacking, with new content, gameplay adjustments, and quality of life improvements, whilst telling a compelling narrative with colorful characters. This PlayStation 5 native port may be off-putting to previous owners on PlayStation 4 with no upgrade paths, but the faster load times, silky smooth 60 frames per second, 4K native resolution, and all included DLC make this title a must-play for any JRPG fan.
  3. Nov 2, 2022
    Persona 5 Royal on PS5 manages to be better than the previous version just for its graphics, performance and additional content, but in the end, it's the same title from 2020. With that in mind, the game becomes a must-buy only for those who still did not have the opportunity to test the PS4 version. If this is not your case, don't invest your money here.