8.5

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Jun 13, 2021
    After leaving the EBT box and buying a Playstation. I couldn't be happier. Ratchet contiues that trend. Great graphics, gameplay, replayability. 11/10 for me.
  2. Jun 12, 2021
    Without a shadow of doubt, this is now my favorite Ratchet and Clank game. Easily a 10/10 masterpiece created by Insomniac games.
  3. Aug 28, 2021
    Im a big fan of the whole Ratchet and clank franchise and in rift apart insomniac showed me again That they are real gods in making videogames. Rift apart is my game of the year so far. The only negative thing is the time to beat the game. I played it on platinum in under 15 hours. But over all rift apart is a really good game.
  4. Jul 31, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Es como jugar una película de pixar, sublime jugablemente es una delicia y gráficamente muy bruto Expand
  5. Aug 15, 2021
    Amazing Game,
    Great story and great ending For trophy hunters. The platinum is not a hard challenge
    Overall great game
  6. Aug 20, 2021
    Fun fun funfun funFun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun just just so **** fun
  7. Aug 22, 2021
    O jogo é incrível, visuais deslumbrantes e uma velocidade de transição instantânea que somente o SSD do PS5 pode proporcionar.
  8. Aug 28, 2021
    I love everything about this game, the story the gameplay, the graphics. It's a masterpiece! I only wish it was a little longer, but still a must-play!
  9. Aug 24, 2021
    Juegazo de nueva generación con gráficos e historia increíbles. La jugabilidad es impresionante.
  10. Aug 29, 2021
    i played last ratchet in my ps4 and tried it on my homies console
    its like jumping to disneyland
    visuals are great and music is too good for being great
    loved it and have to borrow it from my friend
  11. Aug 30, 2021
    10/10 for me. Great graphics, great game play, great story. This is a must get for any ps5 user.
  12. Sep 2, 2021
    Fantastic game, with difficulty levels to suit all. Loads of collect everything replay as well. Gets a little repetitive as you near the end, with just hundreds of similar baddies continuously waving in, but otherwise a really polished game.
  13. Sep 6, 2021
    الدبلجة العربية ممتاز اتمنى ان تكون القوائم عربية ايضاً
  14. Sep 6, 2021
    Very fun and light-hearted game that begins to showcase what the PS5 is capable of. The level design can feel very immersive as enemies, bolts, explosions, bullets etc. will fill the entire screen at one time while you're dodging and jumping around. Game runs smoothly w/o hiccups and HDR colors pop. One thing to note is that it's an easy game.. I platinumed it within one week.

Overall,

Overall, you can tell the developers spent a lot of time to make it something special - and that it is, indeed. Well done Insomniac.
  15. Sep 11, 2021
    The best PS5 game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  16. Sep 12, 2021
    I have not played the previous games, so I might've missed some of the details, but it has not stopped me from absolutely loving the game. I feel like it was actually the first 'next-gen' game for PS5. The details of the environment blew me away. The game mechanics were decent and the number of weapons just outstanding.
  17. Sep 13, 2021
    The game was truly amazing visually and gameplay-wise. The characters in the game was really good but the enemy variety types was not that great tbh everything but that the game is fantastic in my opinion. Not gonna lie i did hate the morts because they talk so damn much that’s just me nitpicking tho. I wish they added more enemy types to make the game more enjoyable so it doesn’t feelThe game was truly amazing visually and gameplay-wise. The characters in the game was really good but the enemy variety types was not that great tbh everything but that the game is fantastic in my opinion. Not gonna lie i did hate the morts because they talk so damn much that’s just me nitpicking tho. I wish they added more enemy types to make the game more enjoyable so it doesn’t feel repetitive and the storyline to drag on slightly longer. Expand
  18. Sep 17, 2021
    By far the best out of the 2 recently released game. The movements and gameplay is brilliant, the traversal between swing shot and rift is fluid as anything, the story was gripping and the introducing of Rivet and Kit was by far the best thing. Yes the game was £60 and the story is a little short but at the end of the day it has been a massive step up from the 2016 game and i can not waitBy far the best out of the 2 recently released game. The movements and gameplay is brilliant, the traversal between swing shot and rift is fluid as anything, the story was gripping and the introducing of Rivet and Kit was by far the best thing. Yes the game was £60 and the story is a little short but at the end of the day it has been a massive step up from the 2016 game and i can not wait for the next adventure.

I have so many things running around my head trying to figure out what will the developers have in store for the 4 characters. As someone who has played every game since the first one was release all i can say is thank you for making such a replayable and awesome series .
  19. Sep 21, 2021
    This is by far the best Ratchet&Clank game yet. The animation looked like a pixar movie. Same old good gameplay. Rivet is a fine addition to the univers.
  20. Sep 28, 2021
    Best looking platformer ever! Better than Pixar quality movies, interesting gameplay, and Rivet and Kit are awesome new characters! I'm a big fan!
  21. Oct 7, 2021
    Game is great adventure... It is interesting, nice, is is for all type of age... Well done, good work... Play this game and enjoy...
  22. Oct 7, 2021
    Increíblemente ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️brutal❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
  23. Oct 11, 2021
    I would recommend this game to every ps5 owner because it is the only game that made me realize the difference between 60hz and 120hz. It has its small flaws, but it also reminds you that you are playing a next-gen console.
  24. Oct 11, 2021
    Great game on of the best games of 2021 the graphics and the gameplay is awesome
  25. Oct 20, 2021
    So much fun. A must play for all PS5 owners. Amazing story with deep themes, fun characters, and as always - super fun guns to mess around with.
  26. Nov 5, 2021
    Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart is definitely one of the best, if not the best, PlayStation 5 game out there right now. Not only does it fully exploit the potential and strengths of this new console, but it also delivers a great and long entertainment with a touching story that is also in Czech. The full review is on my gaming site here:Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart is definitely one of the best, if not the best, PlayStation 5 game out there right now. Not only does it fully exploit the potential and strengths of this new console, but it also delivers a great and long entertainment with a touching story that is also in Czech. The full review is on my gaming site here: https://www.paranskyraj.cz/novinky/ratchet-clank-rift-apart-recenze/ Expand
  27. Jun 17, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is a solid entry in the ratchet and clank franchise and easily deserving of its scores from critics and gamers alike. It's not often you see such high praises from the user scores opposed to the critics. It falls on the short side for length with a far to easy platinum that can be achieved in just one playthrough. The graphics are possibly the best to date with in game Pixar like quality. The story is told well and in true ratchet and clank style gives you some freedom to travel to planets in differing orders. Rivet is a great new protagonist and really steals the show in this game. Which surprisingly is fine. Insomniac really did an amazing job at introducing the character. Rivets voice acting was extremely well done and shined brighter than ratchets newly found tame undertones In his writing and range. Some very minor glitches are to be found. More than a typical Sony exclusive which Im sure will be fixed in future updates. Overall an amazing game Expand
  28. Jun 18, 2021
    A showcase exclusive, displaying the potential of a true PS5 exclusive that sets the bar so astronomically high that it's almost unfair. Rift Apart is the first system seller of this gen.

PROS: - Visual presentation so good, graphics so refined, you'll feel like you're playing a Pixar movie - Character focused story expands upon characters and universe without being inaccesable to new

PROS:
    - Character focused story expands upon characters and universe without being inaccesable to new players
    - Multiple visual modes (Performance, 4k w/ RT, etc)
    - Refined gameplay mechanics with a mixture of old and new mechanics within stunning set pieces
    - Upgrade trees for each weapon
    - Extemely varied locations that encourage and reward exploration
    - Varied, inventive arsenal of appropriate themed weaponry
    - PS5 SSD allows for an entire gameworld to instantaniously change from one state to another (honestly shocking the first time it happens) or transport a charcater between completely different locations with no loading.
    - Story focuses on Ratchet and Rivet equally, developing/elevating both chracters without having to degrade either
    - Ridiculous attention to details (lighting, animation, voice overs, texture work, even hairs blowing in the breeze)
    - You can spend an embarrasing amount of time in the photo mode with all the options
    - DualSense implimentation is FLAWLESS and is by far the best example of how game changing Sony's new controller is with its haptic technology.

CONS:
    - I miss the Disco grenade and the "Pixelate" gun from the remake.

This is a system seller, easily 10/10 on every front. This is the game (for now) that you show off to your gaming friends who don't have a PS5 yet (sorry guys).

The gameplay is as close to perfect as you can get and the visual presentation is so good that people who don't know better will think you're watching a movie. Absolute must have.
  29. Jun 19, 2021
    I just finished the game and wow, just wow. A masterpiece in story telling, graphics and gameplay. Definitely GOTY candidate. 10/10.
  30. Jun 13, 2021
    Me parece un juego sublime y divertidisimo!!! No tiene tiempos d carga . Una psada en todos los sentidos
  31. Jul 2, 2021
    Another masterpiece from Sony. The best ratchet and clank game ever! From a technical standpoint point this game sets the bench mark.
  32. Jul 4, 2021
    Super amazing game .
    Best graphic ever seen till now.
    Really it’s like Pixar animation.
    Nice characterization. Repeatable gameplay.
    Funny dialogues.
  33. Jun 20, 2021
    I'm not much of a reviewer but damn this game knocks it out of the park from visuals to story to implementation of the dual sense ! Unforgettable experience
  34. Jun 21, 2021
    It's an amazing and complete game, fun and creative gameplay, with very competent story and characters. What's most impressive is how Insomniac managed to deliver such a solid next-gen experience just 6 months after the PS5's release, which raises anticipation for what Sony exclusive studios will bring us in years to come! I just don't give it a 10 because for a full price game it's notIt's an amazing and complete game, fun and creative gameplay, with very competent story and characters. What's most impressive is how Insomniac managed to deliver such a solid next-gen experience just 6 months after the PS5's release, which raises anticipation for what Sony exclusive studios will bring us in years to come! I just don't give it a 10 because for a full price game it's not very long, I've got the platinum trophy it with 20 hours! Expand
  35. Jun 13, 2021
    This is the best game to be released this year point blank period. As this is my first Ratchet and Clank game my expectations were kinda low. But after playing this game I have this feeling of going back and beating the other games. I played in fidelity mode simply because I wanted to the 4k resolution. The other modes look fine but the quality is noticeable if you play on a 4k tv orThis is the best game to be released this year point blank period. As this is my first Ratchet and Clank game my expectations were kinda low. But after playing this game I have this feeling of going back and beating the other games. I played in fidelity mode simply because I wanted to the 4k resolution. The other modes look fine but the quality is noticeable if you play on a 4k tv or monitor. But the game is more smooth at performance mode so choose your poison.

Now when it comes to the upgrade system I was shocked at how many upgrades and guns there were in the game. As soon as I thought this is the final gun the game would DJ Khaled me and give me anotha one. Each gun for diverse and unique. I maxed every gun out and did not stick to a single one. This made the game feel new and fresh every hour or so.

I played on the hardest difficulty and if you are a glutton for punishment this game is very hard on the hardest. Enemies attack none stop you take a lot of damage. 3-4 hits can kill you or if its a strong enemy 2-3 hits. It really pushes you to learn all the game mechanics and use the most advance mechanics along with utilizing every gun. Because on the hardest difficulty you will run out of ammo fast because the enemies soak up damage. All in all it was fun and challenging but nowhere near a dark souls or returnal.

The gameplay itself is smooth and very responsive. There is never a dull moment from combat, to traversal, to mini games, to exploring. Everything in this game is top notch and amazing. The big action set pieces left my job dropped sometimes and had me jumping for joy.

Honestly if you have never played a Ratchet and Clank pick it up it is amazing. And if I loved this game I know the die hard fans will be salivating at this game. I give ratchet 10 gold bolts out of 10.
  36. Jun 21, 2021
    This game is absolutely stunning. I’m not one for kids games (so to speak), however, this game blew me away, I enjoyed it as much as sekiro, the last of us part 2 & ghost of Tsushima. It may be on par with breathe of the wild. It’s that good. Insomniac right now is turning into one of my favourite game developers alongside rockstar, platinum games and fromsoftware. 3 words, PLAY THIS GAME.
  37. Jun 15, 2021
    ........................................................... ........................................................Hfjvhbggv
  38. Jun 21, 2021
    This is not just a game that demonstrates what next gen has to offer but a game that tells the story of a franchise as old as Ratchet and Clank in a funtastic way. Every planet, every character and every set piece is crafted with such perfection that it would be really a huge loss for those who miss this game. Nothing can stop Insomniac now.
  39. Jun 15, 2021
    Es un juegazo, personajes increíbles, una historia buena que no está alargada... Lo recomiendo mucho
  40. Jul 3, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Insomniac out-done themselvs, definitly the best entry so far, solid 60 fps, absolutly amazing ray-tracing and graphics, non exictence loading time and fun gameplay all together in one of the best PS5 games. Expand
  41. Jun 13, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Бест гемйи фром евер ин май Харт Сталкер каллл,гыгыгы фаны сралкера,калкера говноеды Expand
  42. Jun 18, 2021
    A Masterpiece from Insomniac. I’ve bought & played the 2016 reboot. While it’s good it doesn’t impress me quite as much as this one. Pixar’s level graphics, tight gameplay, excellent sound & music and engaging storytelling. A must play if you owned a PS5.
  43. Jun 22, 2021
    A ton of fun! Action, puzzles, shooting are all awesome. Graphics are unreal.
  44. Jun 18, 2021
    The best Ratchet & Clank game to date and a new Playstation 5 must play. Gameplay is fun and keeps introducing fresh ideas, with lots of weapons and traversal options. Instantly jumping between levels truly feels like a technical leap, one I hadn't felt in ages. It would be a 10 if it weren't for some minor flaws, namely its lenght (15h to get the platinum trophy) and the great thoughThe best Ratchet & Clank game to date and a new Playstation 5 must play. Gameplay is fun and keeps introducing fresh ideas, with lots of weapons and traversal options. Instantly jumping between levels truly feels like a technical leap, one I hadn't felt in ages. It would be a 10 if it weren't for some minor flaws, namely its lenght (15h to get the platinum trophy) and the great though predictable story. Fully recommended. Expand
  45. Jun 19, 2021
    I had a fantastic time playing Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart.

TLDR: A charming adventure with stunning graphics to go with. The length is short if you don’t do the side missions, but the beauty and gameplay of it all makes up for what it lacks in length. Let’s start with the graphics. Similar to Returnal, there is a lot happening on screen. Environments are dense with characters and
    I had a fantastic time playing Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart.

Let’s start with the graphics. Similar to Returnal, there is a lot happening on screen. Environments are dense with characters and particles. It really makes the worlds that you visit come alive. Each planet is unique in its art style as well, so you always treated to different experience. Character is detail is astounding for a game that has released so early in the next generation development cycle. Ratchet, Rivet, Kit and Clank are all extremely detailed. You could easily mistake this for an animated series! I platinum trophied this game on the 4K fidelity settings. Many gamers now scoff at 30 FPS, but for the added bump in visuals it was worth it. Which ties into performance…

Overall, I didn’t notice any slowdowns. There are some huge battles in this game, but even at 30 FPS they all played out perfectly. Really not much to say, it runs brilliantly.

Gameplay wise, I found it super enjoyable. The shooting mechanisms are great and I really love the use of the Dualsense haptic feedback and adaptive triggers. Each weapon has been designed to be unique so you have so much choice at the end to tailor your style. Sometimes I found myself stumping on the jumping mechanisms - particularly double jump. This was mostly due to the hover ability being used for X as well, but once you get used to it mistakes went to a minimum.

Story was fantastic. It was uplifting and fun. It may not be as deep as other games, but it doesn’t need to be. The added graphics really makes you appreciate the cinematic scenes more than ever and it draws you in. The ending was very satisfying; it had some really nice touches, but you’ll just have to play it to find out!

Overall, I loved it. Yes £70 is quite expensive for a game, but in this case I thought it was totally worth it. It’s a brilliant example of what the PS5 is capable of and it’s a captivating story. I wish it could have been longer, but only because I didn’t want to finish it. There is a new game plus for those looking for replay ability. The developers Insomniac have done a fantastic job and I hope we get to see Ratchet and the team in future sequels.
  46. Jun 15, 2021
    I really enjoyed this game on the PS5 great visuals abd story! Rivet is an awesome character!
  47. Jun 24, 2021
    What a great game, just a fun and beautiful with so many cool ideas and features. I normaly don't think playstation exclusive has incredible stories but this one is just insanely good. if you own a PS5 I can't recommend this enough. best game of the year
  48. Jun 13, 2021
    Insomniac Games, in my opinion, is now the best game studio in the industry. Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart is truly a masterpiece. While playing, I had a feeling I am in a Pixar movie… the graphics are mind blowing, the characters are memorable and amusing, almost real…and from the very beginning you just start thinking of them as of your old friends. The plot is stunning.. I am justInsomniac Games, in my opinion, is now the best game studio in the industry. Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart is truly a masterpiece. While playing, I had a feeling I am in a Pixar movie… the graphics are mind blowing, the characters are memorable and amusing, almost real…and from the very beginning you just start thinking of them as of your old friends. The plot is stunning.. I am just incredibly grateful for this game, this is how games should look like. Don’t miss this game, it’s just a real diamond. Expand
  49. Jun 18, 2021
    I have faced at least 3 hard locks and lot of soft locks, lots of minor bugs, but still a great game.
  50. Jun 26, 2021
    a real view of what ps5 can do the animation are perfect story is nice there’s twist not to big but good to ratchet level
    gamplay king
    the idea of dimensions soo beautiful this game what ratchet and clank fan was expecting 10/10
  51. Jun 14, 2021
    Amazing game.
    The colors, gameplay, haptic feedback in the controller etc makes this game perfect. Buy it, you will not regret at all
  52. Jun 13, 2021
    Le jeu est tout simplement GENIAL
  53. Jun 15, 2021
    I really loved this game. The haptics of the dualsense Controller add so much to the feeling in general, i'd even say the game would be only half as good (for me) without them
  54. Jun 16, 2021
    Amazing graphics, the pocket dimensions blows my mind how we can just walk in and out of them.. SSD implementation is next level and gameplay is very fun. Insomniac raises the bar again.
  55. Jun 27, 2021
    Best ps5 game so far! It's mind blowing!! It's better than the reveal gameplay howww!!!
  56. Jun 13, 2021
    Amazing Visual Effects, brilliant Story especially with the Comedy aspect, and Incredible Gameplay. Nothing short of a Masterpiece.
  57. Jun 15, 2021
    I could say that this game is the first authentic next generation game. Stunning and very enjoyable for all ages. While some games still playing in a sandbox, Ratchet is touching the stars with their graphic and artistic prowess adding their incredible use of the Dualsense
  58. Jun 13, 2021
    Amazing story game .best gameplay mechanics, no loading times and awesome dualsense feature .. I start loving Ratchet and Clank franchise.
  59. Jun 15, 2021
    Beautiful and super funny. Insomniac Games is turning in one of the best studios of PlayStation alongside Santa Monica and Naughty Dog. This will be one of the best games of 2021 and a PS5 essential
  60. Jun 14, 2021
    A true next gen no doubt, everything about this game is brilliant, beautiful, vibrant and addictive too. this game clearly showcases the power of the PS5 and looking forward to see what's next from Insomniac
  61. Jun 20, 2021
    This is my first R&C game. I ignored previous versions of R&C as it always looked too childish for me. However i am really glad that I decided to give this one a try. After playing so many unforgiving and dark games it was nice to play something that not only made me feel like a kid again but also felt like I was playing a quality Pixar/Disney movie.

The story, writing and voice acting

The story, writing and voice acting we very enjoyable and compelling. Gameplay was top notch, plenty of variety of weapons and enemies and fighting was not repetitive. Playing on PS5 with a new OLED tv was the perfect way to showcase the power of PS5, simply gorgeous visual and amazing sound.

Not a complaint, but a fully open world version of this game would be unbelievable. That said having a bit of a longer game would be really nice. i beat this easily under a week at 98% on normal difficulty.

Make sure to stick around for end credit amusement.
  62. Jul 5, 2021
    This game is arguably the first game in the gaming industry to show the power of the 9th generation consoles. I did.
  63. Jun 20, 2021
    PROS:
    (1)The new charatcher Rivet works
    (2)The action-packed style is really good (3)the power of ps5 is well used (4)powerful soundtrack (5)grafic sector is really well (6)bunch of new charatchers all good CONS: (1)Ratchet underused (2)gameplay not evoluted.... is only shooting VERDICT: Ratchet and clank rift apart is one of the first candidates to goty 2021 with some sins here
    PROS:
    (1)The new charatcher Rivet works
    (2)The action-packed style is really good
    (3)the power of ps5 is well used
    (4)powerful soundtrack
    (5)grafic sector is really well
    (6)bunch of new charatchers all good
    CONS:
    (1)Ratchet underused
    (2)gameplay not evoluted.... is only shooting
    VERDICT:
    Ratchet and clank rift apart is one of the first candidates to goty 2021 with some sins here and there the game reaches the obiective to become one of the most beautiful ratchet and clank ever made
  64. Jun 14, 2021
    It is more Ratchet and Clank...... 100% upgrade from the previous game. It's nice to see progress.
  65. Jun 15, 2021
    Insomniac games did a great job on the new Ratchet & Clank, especially pleased fast loadings with new SSD, faster than Spider-Man Miles Morales. Incredible graphics work and awesome 3D sound on Pulse 3D. Large selection of weapons and modifications, fights with enemies are dynamic and boss fights are epic, specially the last one. Or what I can to say: This is nextgen game, and waiting moreInsomniac games did a great job on the new Ratchet & Clank, especially pleased fast loadings with new SSD, faster than Spider-Man Miles Morales. Incredible graphics work and awesome 3D sound on Pulse 3D. Large selection of weapons and modifications, fights with enemies are dynamic and boss fights are epic, specially the last one. Or what I can to say: This is nextgen game, and waiting more projects from insomniac games, this is amazing work, new experience from PS5, all new features in Dualsence using good, like in Returnal, but better a little bit. Of course game have some minor bugs, but it fixable. Want to wish good luck to Insomniac! Expand
  66. Jul 3, 2021
    Muy buen juego en toda la extensión de la palabra, animaciones, gráficas, rendimiento, Gameplay. 100%
  67. Jun 25, 2021
    This game gave me some of the best videogames experience of the last years, really a good game with very few technical imperfections... One of the best title of the "Ratchet Saga"...
  68. Jun 13, 2021
    I'm going to start this off by saying if you happen be lucky enough to own a PlayStation 5 this game MUST be on top of your list of games you MUST play. The story with the wonderful characters are just AMAZING and made me just laugh and smile but somtimes cringe at moments. If you have played a Ratchet & Clank game before you'll feel right at home with the best and most immersive gameplayI'm going to start this off by saying if you happen be lucky enough to own a PlayStation 5 this game MUST be on top of your list of games you MUST play. The story with the wonderful characters are just AMAZING and made me just laugh and smile but somtimes cringe at moments. If you have played a Ratchet & Clank game before you'll feel right at home with the best and most immersive gameplay game of the long and beloved series thanks to the adaptive triggers! :) Expand
  69. Jun 14, 2021
    Just wow!!! Insomniac I tip my hat to you guys. This game was absolutely amazing from beginning to end. I've already replayed it again on challenge mode and I still have a blast every second. From the stunning visuals to the smooth game play this is the ratchet and clank I know from growing up.
  70. Jun 14, 2021
    The best game on the ps5, with awesome graphics, exciting and large-scale plot, well-developed characters, weapons, locations and much more. It is recommended not only for children, but also for adults. My rating of the game is 10/10.
  71. Jun 15, 2021
    Играю в режиме 60 fps с рейтрейсингом. Ничего красивее ещё не видел. Графика - отвал башки. Обязательно к покупке, если есть PlayStation 5.
  72. Jun 15, 2021
    This is an absolute masterpiece, have you ever wondered what Ratchet & Clank would be but if you add 50% more chaoticness and even better guns ? Well this is it ! It captures everything a R&C game should have while making it different enough to make it feel like a unique adventure.
    From the wide array of weapons, planets and enemies, it all feels exactly in place and where it all should be.

For a long time fan of the series it's awesome to see all these throwbacks to the OG game.
    The story... i'm not gonna lie, i almost cried a few times and laughed quite a lot !

Rivet is an amazing new character and even tho she resembles the alternate dimension version of Ratchet, she is very much her own character but still plays exactly like Ratchet does.

Puzzles are also back with Clank having his own puzzles that are actually pretty amazing and a new set of puzzles with "Glitch" wich are pretty damn cool...they are more mini games then puzzles tho.

Overall a MUST play for PS5 owners, there is not a single reason why i would not recommend this
  73. Jun 17, 2021
    This is a great game. Not just a great next gen game, but a great game all around. This is not my favorite ratchet and clank (I think some of the humor of the past wasn't all there), but this is definitely up there. I definitely recommend it if you have a ps5.
  74. Jun 18, 2021
    Finally a true PS5 games and it show. The games is not a revolution but make the genre look better then ever. If your a fan of this franchise this games is a must. Story line is longer then previous game of the franchise and dual sense is well used. Worth buying it full price
  75. Jun 18, 2021
    Ich muss sagen (auch wenn ich noch nicht ganz mit der Story fertig bin) dass es sehr viel Spaß macht dieses Game zu zocken, nur diese eine Roboter Piraten gegener mit den Schilden finde ich nervig, außerdem hatte ich einmal das Problem dass ich mich in eine Plattform irgendwie Reingeglicht habe, allerdings kam ich mit Hilfe eines Rifts sehr einfach wieder raus, eine Sache die im Spiel sehrIch muss sagen (auch wenn ich noch nicht ganz mit der Story fertig bin) dass es sehr viel Spaß macht dieses Game zu zocken, nur diese eine Roboter Piraten gegener mit den Schilden finde ich nervig, außerdem hatte ich einmal das Problem dass ich mich in eine Plattform irgendwie Reingeglicht habe, allerdings kam ich mit Hilfe eines Rifts sehr einfach wieder raus, eine Sache die im Spiel sehr amüsant fand (es gibt ja immer Mal wieder Bosskämpfe im Spiel) dass sich ein Bossgegner im Kampf einfach selber umgebracht hat kurz nach Beginn des Kampfes, weil irgendwie von der Plattform runtergefallen ist, auf der der Kampf stattfand. Also kommen wir zum Fazit, Ratched and Clank Rift Apart ist ein sehr gutes Spiel, was man sich Mal anschauen sollte Expand
  76. Jun 19, 2021
    Ratchet & clank è un'avventura nuova, ma con richiami al passato in tutto e per tutto, a partire dal gameplay. Non si stravolge la formula classica di platform/shooting alla ratchet & clank ma si evolve quel minimo che serve per renderlo attuale. Tecnicamente impressionante, nella modalità performance rt dà il meglio di sea con qualche piccolo calo di frame sporadico. Un gioco divertenteRatchet & clank è un'avventura nuova, ma con richiami al passato in tutto e per tutto, a partire dal gameplay. Non si stravolge la formula classica di platform/shooting alla ratchet & clank ma si evolve quel minimo che serve per renderlo attuale. Tecnicamente impressionante, nella modalità performance rt dà il meglio di sea con qualche piccolo calo di frame sporadico. Un gioco divertente che dura il giusto e non stanca mai. Ottimo l'utilizzo del dualsense, quasi alla astro's playroom Expand
  77. Jun 21, 2021
    Amazing to see the potential of the PS5 and great introduction of new characters!
  78. Jun 21, 2021
    Awesome graphics with fine character modeling give happiness into my eyes. Game volume also not bad. Has but one shortcoming is the price, I think.
  79. Jun 22, 2021
    An awesome next gen game! 10/10
    Graphics are stunning, gameplay old fashion fun and lots to collect troughout the game
  80. Jun 24, 2021
    Este es un muy buen juego de la saga, el apartado técnico es sublime y el uso que se le da al dualsense una maravilla, juego fijo para los usuarios de PS5.
  81. Jun 25, 2021
    this is the best ive ever played in my entire life. thanks you for everything
  82. Jun 28, 2021
    The most beautiful platformer ever made! It plays like a proper Ratchet & Clank too!
  83. Jun 30, 2021
    I love Ratchet & Clank. However, a lot of the previous games after the second or third one got very repetitive and nothing really new was really brought to the table besides the story switching up. This game, on the other hand, felt new and much more different. I thought the series was dying out, but after this game, I am happy to say that Ratchet & Clank is back!
  84. Jun 30, 2021
    crazy good game. Visuals sound gameplay mechanics are solid. runs really fluid on ps5 at 4k was surprised
  85. Jun 30, 2021
    I really loved the graphics of this game and no loading times! But if there’s one thing to improve on, it’s the enemies.
  86. Jul 2, 2021
    It is a masterpiece! Enjoyed every bit of it! Must play game if you own a Ps5!
  87. Jun 13, 2021
    I loved this game. I first bought this game to be played by my daughter but then I started playing and I couldn't stop anymore. It is a game to have fun and enjoy the amazing graphics.
  88. Jun 13, 2021
    I hoped that this game would be great come release, It was better than I hoped and if you haven't please play this game, it's the best game I've played in a long time
  89. Jun 19, 2021
    Rift apart is absolutely phenomenal. Gameplay is fun and varied with mini games and good puzzles on top of the entertaining 3 person shooting and platforming. The story is great and the characters you meet are riveting! (Pun intended) the only thing that I think could have been improved was the goofiness of the weapons, they were much funnier in the ratchet and clank reboot several yearsRift apart is absolutely phenomenal. Gameplay is fun and varied with mini games and good puzzles on top of the entertaining 3 person shooting and platforming. The story is great and the characters you meet are riveting! (Pun intended) the only thing that I think could have been improved was the goofiness of the weapons, they were much funnier in the ratchet and clank reboot several years back, although that is not to say that they weren’t fun in rift apart. The game was seriously awesome and obviously it is graphically breathtaking and does a great job to illustrate the ps5’s power. The price is a little steep but it took me about 18 hours to finish and get all trophies and I honestly want to play through it again already, I enjoyed it so much. If you liked the reboot this is a must play. Expand
  90. Jun 13, 2021
    What an amazing game,the characters were amazing, rachet is so funny and rivet is such a good character
  91. Jun 13, 2021
    This game on its own is so astonishing and good that it single-handedly justifies a new generation of gaming. Once you are able to secure a PS5 for yourself, immediately get this game.
  92. Jun 13, 2021
    Начал играть - не смог оторваться! Всю игру на лице была улыбка))) Шикарная игра! =)
  93. Jun 13, 2021
    Muy entretenido, con una duración muy correcta, con gráficos de 10 donde literalmente estás jugando a una película de animación de nivel top y por último con un gameplay brillante.

Cerca del 10, pero como siempre se pueden sacar algunos peros. Quizás la banda sonora no está a la altura del resto, y la historia cumple pero sin brillar o aportar algo especial o fuera de lo esperable.

Lo mejor y con lo que más me quedo es el gameplay, es muy muy divertido ir probando las distintas armas, combinarlas, subirlas de nivel etc...

Un título recomendable para todos los públicos y que dudo que pueda defraudar a nadie, como mínimo será una experiencia muy entretenida pese a que no seas fan del género.
  94. Jun 13, 2021
    It is the best videogame in 2021. Magnificent graphics design and playability
  95. Jul 27, 2021
    ❤ Insomniac Games❤
    Best Graphics / Character Design / Story / Gameplay
    10/10 Masterpiece
  96. Jun 18, 2021
    Best PS5 game to date from a technical perspective. Very well crafted from all perspectives. Gameplaywise very much like the first game (which I guess is to be expected). If you like the first game this is a solid buy. Great for kids, my 5 yr old loves this game. Solid 9 if you ask me, i have fun playing too.
  97. Sep 27, 2021
    i did it only for the review bombing. A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
  98. Sep 29, 2021
    Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart is a joyful new game in the series, taking advantage of the PS5's SSD to deliver some new things that couldn't be done on PS4.

If you've played any previous Ratchet and Clank game before, you'll feel at home with this one. This is a story based 3rd person shooter with platforming elements and great characters. Crazy gadgets and weapons have always been what makes this series' gameplay stand out. Previous games have featured sandbox-style open levels but this new game offers a couple of levels that are quite large maps, almost open worlds on their own complete with side quests and NPCs. They are so big in fact that you are given rocket boots to travel faster than by feet, as if driving a vehicle.

Shooting enemies is the main activity but there are also other things to do. First there are the dimensional puzzles of Clank. Then there are the twin stick shooter levels with Glitch where you clean up viruses in computers. There are a few racing sequences with the speed bug (not races to win a trophy, but just races to escape). And you can find many dimensional bubbles, or rather mini levels, to explore for bonuses.

No other game out there delivers this experience of instantaneous dimension hopping as well as this game does, thanks to the ultra fast SSD. There is also a sequence far into the game with the giant robot seen in the trailers that couldn't possibly be done on PS4 in a real-time in-engine cutscene. Instead on PS5 this sequence is rendered in real-time and playable, even though it's on-rails and scripted, but so much is happening that PS4 could only playback an FMV video of it.

Insomniac Games again deliver an outstanding amount of choice when it comes to graphics and frame rate. Similar to what they've done with Spiderman Remastered and Miles Morales, you can choose between a Quality mode (dynamic 4K30 with Ray Tracing reflections), a Performance mode (dynamic 4K60 without RT) and a Performance RT mode (dynamic 1080p60 with Ray Tracing reflections). Personally I always play these games on Performance RT mode because it offers the best of both worlds (60 fps and RT). Recently the developers patched a new 120Hz mode that allows you to play the game with lower latency at 60 fps for the Performance Modes (with and without Ray Tracing) and a 40 fps option when selecting the (normally 30 fps) Fidelity Mode at 4K resolution.

The star of the show is the Dualsense controller. The haptics ain't as good as those of Astro's Playroom (a game literally designed around the Dualsense), but the adaptive triggers basically act as 2 buttons each. Most of the weapons provide 2 modes, like press the trigger halfway for a single shot or press it fully to switch to continuous fire. Input latency is also low. The 3D Audio effect is pretty neat, too, especially with headphones.

The story isn't anything sophisticated. Just like previous games, it's merely an excuse to zap enemy robots with exotic weaponry. But the concept of the dimension hopping is well-realized by centering the plot around the dimensionator weapon shown in the trailers. You've probably heard it already, so here it is. With dimension hopping you get to meet alternate versions of the established characters. Rivet is a good new character, but she replaces Ratchet as lead character for most of the game's duration.

One little complaint that I have about this game is the bugs. The game doesn't crash, nor is my character launched into space. Some times when speeding up with the rocket boots through a level I get stack as if I was hitting an invisible wall when it shouldn't happen, easily solved with a simple jump. Other times I have encountered mission progression bugs (mostly on Clank's dimension puzzle levels when swapping spheres), which is easily fixed with a checkpoint restart. Last but not least, although this game has plenty of quality, I wish it had a bit more content or a lower price. At $70/80 Euros this game costs a bit too much money.

Overall Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart is a technical showcase for the PS5. Developers Insomniac Games are easily my favorite Sony studio after releasing multiple quality games within 3 years (Spiderman, Spiderman Remastered, Miles Morales, now Rift Apart). Can't wait for their next game.
  99. Sep 24, 2021
    Some people moan about the length of this game - as an adult with not much time I found the length fine. Took me about 15-20 hours on hard difficulty with mass exploration.
    This is a beautiful game that runs very nicely and shows you just how much the ps5 can do.
    The story is fairly good, the combat is really nice and the design is top notch. Give it a Go! Anyone who voted 0 has probably
    Give it a Go!
    Anyone who voted 0 has probably never played the game and just enjoys bombing.
  100. Oct 11, 2021
    What a great game, the graphics and music are great, the characters are fun and lovable, my only complaint is that it’s a bit short. Absolutely loved it.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 127 Critic Reviews

1. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Feb 16, 2022
    One of the first real reasons to buy PS5. This intergalactic adventure of famous series is full of great gameplay, inventive game design, gripping story, and great characters. It's a game for everyone who owns PS5. Actually, it’s a game for everyone.
  2. Sep 11, 2021
    What’s so good about this installment of Ratchet and Clank is that it is a true labor of love. There is no other way a game can feel so good, play so well, and take you on an impressive adventure all without that special ingredient to keep it going. The definition of a next-gen title, Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart is a must-play that will leave you super satisfied and hungry for another big game like this one.
  3. Game World Navigator Magazine
    Sep 3, 2021
    The experience is so captivating, you’ll probably want to blast through the entire 10-15 hour story in one go. But the final is really disappointing: basically, the entire game is just a warm-up, while the important events will happen in the next one. [Issue#254, p.36]