7.8

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Aug 22, 2021
    I felt no real passion behind this game. It's so easy to make generic anime games....
  2. Aug 22, 2021
    Pretty disappointing game to be honest. Wait for sale at best, but overall not recommending.
  3. Jul 2, 2021
    contrals are bad
    and i had to DAWNLOUD A HACK!!!! to get thorw a level that i didnt had the guy needed to pass it and i had to go to old saves to see if i could fix it and nothing, dont by this **** jsut watch a video or just..... black beard it i dotn want to say the ship name xD
  4. Oct 1, 2021
    I dislike this game and I think I dislike it even more knowing it's the kind of game that garners good reviews. Graphics are in line with current standards, it's full of voice acting, cutscenes, special moves, it's full of everything.

The setting is tired and eye rolling. You are dropped into a futuristic world where random monsters appear in suburbia and you're part of the task force to stop them. The monsters remind me of other dated JRPG designs, trying so hard to be original they fail completely. Flowers and lightbulbs for heads, puppets and goth horror themes mixed in. No backstory to them that I recall.

The cutscenes are super painful to watch for me, drawn out dialog that is hard to believe an adult wrote. Awkward and implausible lines, teen romance tropes, bottom of the barrel anime twists. Lots of cheapness and still shots, a cutscene every few minutes since they know the gameplay is repetitive. When there's not a cutscene a window is popping up to tell you something. You try to close it and it always says "exit tutorial?". Bleh.

OK, skip all cutscenes, is the game good then? I recall a lot of mashy sword fighting, but I guess the intent is you focus on the mechanics like the telekinetic object throwing. Y'know what else had exactly that? Control. But that I liked. Nothing was challenging for the first hours of gameplay. You get some difficulty eventually, starting with the Naomi fight I think. Still just a long fest of mashing though.

The world and levels weren't good, again modern looking graphics but for what? So we can slog through 100 train tunnels and parking lots fighting easy forgettable monsters?

In summary, exactly the kind of uninspired game I don't want to see, from people who could probably do a lot better. It could have at least had a character creator instead of choose from 2. At least have weapon choices, from the start. Some bad elements are quite forgivable but this had nothing going for it from what I saw.

I don't think this game was a well received as it looks. It was quickly on sale, now for gamepass too. Try it if you must but if you want something similar but good I'm sure I can recommend, well, a lot of things. Ciao gamers.
  5. Oct 10, 2021
    Esse jogo é um lixo os inimigos são ridículos e no jogo todo são poucos a variedade, os chefes são fáceis e com designer ridículo também, os cenários são dignos de um jogo de ps1, são rasos superficiais com zero de exploração interação, corredores em linhas retas, as vezes a camera ou fica longe demais ou fica perto demais , péssimo,
  6. Dec 6, 2021
    Fun combat surrounded by mediocre everything else. The combat doesn't start out great, but after unlocking new abilities through leveling and bonds, it gets great.

The cast of characters are all over, but in my opinion none of them are fleshed out enough to seem human like Persona and Yakuza LaD were able to achieve. They just seem like anime archetypes with shallow backgrounds, which is a shame seeing as a lot of them are heavily hinted at being much older than they look.

Level design is bland, basic and straight forward, many places are reused throughout the game. Settings are again nothing that new, cyberpunk cities, snowy areas, sterile scifi buildings, etc.

The story is just bad, doesn't start out that way but eventually it all seems so all over the place. By the end you'll realize MAYBE if two protagonist's teams communicated earlier, which they can do telepathically whenever they want, they could've saved a lot of trouble. Major betrayals happen and are quickly forgotten, they use the same twists multiple times, just... frustrating overall.
  7. Mar 8, 2022
    Okay combat, graphics, voice acting and music.
    Boring and uninteresting story and characters.
    I have played the game for 6 hours on Xbox Game Pass.
    I gave the game a fair chance and was interested at first, but the game failed to keep me interested.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 68 Critic Reviews

1. Sep 9, 2021
    Scarlet Nexus is a fun action RPG-lite that has a complex story and a bunch of unnecessary gaming mechanics that somehow work. If you like games like Astral Chain, you will not go wrong with Scarlet Nexus, especially as it’s being set up as a potential future franchise. The combination of telekinesis and action elements are nothing new, but SN does it beautifully by combining it with other different skills and magics. If you like Anime and brainpunk themes, Scarlet Nexus is for you.
  2. Aug 5, 2021
    An interesting story with well-developed characters and expert enemy design, that - however - does take a while to really get going. On top of that, not every sidequest is worth your attention. Don't let that stop you, though. Scarlet Nexus is a great game.
  3. PLAY
    Jul 28, 2021
    This psychically gifted title has a killer look and telekinetically wielded right hook. Unfortunately, it fails to read our mind and outstays its welcome. [Issue#4, p.75]