7.7

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Dec 15, 2022
    I had never played it, so i tried it with this new update and i have to be honest- not a big fan. Maybe this game is starting show it's age, but i had more fun in Skyrim than in this one (ironically skyrim is older). World is kind of boring and empty, main character is very monotone and kind of emotionless, so it was really hard to care about, what was going on. I guess, if you somehowI had never played it, so i tried it with this new update and i have to be honest- not a big fan. Maybe this game is starting show it's age, but i had more fun in Skyrim than in this one (ironically skyrim is older). World is kind of boring and empty, main character is very monotone and kind of emotionless, so it was really hard to care about, what was going on. I guess, if you somehow manage to care about that world, you might enjoy this game more than i did, but it was very bland experience. Expand
  2. Dec 15, 2022
    Stuttering problems, no sound, bugs, what is this? They clearly haven't got better after cyberpunk fail.
  3. Jan 17, 2023
    Boring and pointless. This game is seriously boring, in Assassin's Creed games you can at least climb stuff or parkour when you get bored, in Witcher you can't even do that. Just basic RPG, with lots of filler dialogue.
  4. Jan 11, 2023
    As a first time player this must be one of the most overrated games out today. The combat and world is mediocre at best. The character building lacks depth and the world feels empty with repetitive enemy encounters. It reminds of Farcry and some of the new Assassin Creed games. I got bored after a while. I think the big saving grace for this game is its solid story. I can see how maybe aAs a first time player this must be one of the most overrated games out today. The combat and world is mediocre at best. The character building lacks depth and the world feels empty with repetitive enemy encounters. It reminds of Farcry and some of the new Assassin Creed games. I got bored after a while. I think the big saving grace for this game is its solid story. I can see how maybe a few years ago this game was cutting edge, but by today's standards it probably aged a bit. Expand
  5. Dec 26, 2022
    I don't understand why this game is so highly rated? I have played it on PS4 and PS5 and both versions underwhelmed me by their performance and gameplay. The first thing I noticed is just how badly this game runs in general. The only option I found bearable was the performance option on PS5 because when you turn ray tracing on it's a stuttering mess just like the PS4 version. I like theI don't understand why this game is so highly rated? I have played it on PS4 and PS5 and both versions underwhelmed me by their performance and gameplay. The first thing I noticed is just how badly this game runs in general. The only option I found bearable was the performance option on PS5 because when you turn ray tracing on it's a stuttering mess just like the PS4 version. I like the world of this game, it looks really cool, but the gameplay itself is oddly clunky and frustrating. I think the game's difficulty really comes from the confusing amount of information it throws at you regarding enemies and the world as well as the janky character movement. This is a game for people with endless patience and a lot of free time, for the casual gamer I don't think this is worth it. Personally I prefer Cyberpunk 2077 by a long shot. Expand
  6. Jan 31, 2023
    sffvsvgfntyjrtherffvdgvegrgerrgggggggggngfnngffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffref
  7. Dec 30, 2022
    Just a nextgen patch released with a huge delay.

People may say it is free, but in reality they have removed the discounts so this patch is just a bait to fool new people towards the CDPR crap. The history is phenomenal, but the gameplay remains weak and the bugs are still there in massive amounts. Never before have I seen the mainstream media evaluate a patch as it was a new relaase.
    Just a nextgen patch released with a huge delay.

The history is phenomenal, but the gameplay remains weak and the bugs are still there in massive amounts. Never before have I seen the mainstream media evaluate a patch as it was a new relaase. Misleading marketing for a company that's trying to fool the audience once more.

Don't fall to that. Don't forget the Cyberpunk 2077 scam.
  8. Dec 18, 2022
    one of the best action rpgs has been upgraded enormously
  9. Dec 18, 2022
    10/10. It was already very good in previous gen. It’s simply perfect now. Give it a try if you have never played it. Replay it if you played it back then.
  10. Dec 27, 2022
    In all honestly not worth it. Game is already old and all they did was a 60fps patch. movement, combat, all still terrible. only thing gotten right was the story but was ruined by the entire gameplay and pace, also the story was from someone else's book so cdpr actually had all it took to do good but failed. They added more very low quality vegetation, so much stuttering...
  11. Dec 17, 2022
    I can only say that this is the best game ever
    thanks CD Projekt RED.......
  12. Dec 31, 2022
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Lots of shuttering, terrible performance, terrible animations, very bad combat quality and this is "Next gen" update eh? Only mediocre graphical update nothing more. Expand
  13. Dec 18, 2022
    The greatest game of all time, immersive story where every choice matter, every character serves a purpose amazing world where even the smallest side quest is a whole new story and makes an impact. 10/10
  14. Dec 29, 2022
    Story, Open World, Characters, Side Quests are top.

But a 5 because of the Stupid Leveling System, why can i wear the New Witcher Netflix armor only when im lvl 40 and have to be in Toussaint??, just Stupid. And the Story is way toooo important, to do sidequests etc. you just Feeling like a Idiot. Because 1/3 of all Sidequests are disapearing when you finish the Main Quests. And they
    Story, Open World, Characters, Side Quests are top.

And they missed many things that needed an Update, and Godammit, WHY DOES IT RAINS EVERY DAY IN THIS FCKIIING GAME!!!
  15. Dec 18, 2022
    I'm very pleased in my first 20 hours. I never played the first version. The upgrade is nice and this is one of the better open world RPGs I've ever played. I put it pretty far above the horizon series. On par with Skyrim. Nothing touches my beloved elden ring though.
  16. Dec 27, 2022
    The most overrated game in gaming history. Also the worst game I've ever played.
    The only things you can do in this game are watching dull cutscenes and tracing quests. That's all! Everything else is boring and full of crap. For example just compare this game to Skyrim. You know what I mean. Nothing is interesting or revolution. in other words, a dialogue simulator!
    Seems like peope

Seems like peope love watching some boring dialogues instead of playing in a game!
    Also the update and next-gen patch are completely trash. Most devs do this kind of thing nowadays. Nothing is new. They did this for free to rebuild their reputation after the Cyberpunk disaster. Nobody wants to work free!
  17. ZWZ
    Dec 15, 2022
    This game was nothing special, kind of overhyped. I would highly suggest just ignoring hyper positive 10/10 reviews. Especially ones that are doing their best to insult and hate on everyone who disagrees with them. Just shows their low intelligence, if they don't understand that not everyone likes same games.
  18. Dec 22, 2022
    Witcher 3 remains one of my top favourite games of all time. I think of it as more than just a video game, its a journey & you get to play as one of the coolest and most badass fictional protagonists of all time, Geralt of Rivia! I'm playing it on PS5 performance mode and it is simply gorgeous. Witcher 3 is truly an unmatched & timeless masterpiece!
  19. Dec 15, 2022
    Very boring game as expected, i'm glad most people on Youtube and here seem to agree. Not recommending.
  20. Dec 22, 2022
    Overrated then, overrated now. It's not a bad game by any means but it's far from perfect and I find the endless praise this game gets baffling. Gameplay wise it's very average with combat and character control akin to something we'd expect from the PS2 era. MGSV dropped in the same year as Witcher 3 and the difference between the two gameplay wise is night and day, played side by side andOverrated then, overrated now. It's not a bad game by any means but it's far from perfect and I find the endless praise this game gets baffling. Gameplay wise it's very average with combat and character control akin to something we'd expect from the PS2 era. MGSV dropped in the same year as Witcher 3 and the difference between the two gameplay wise is night and day, played side by side and it emphasizes just how poor Witcher 3 was in that department. Compare the two games story wise though and it's Witcher 3 that shines. Bloodborne also dropped this same year which betters Witcher 3 in many departments and was my personal Goty. Expand
  21. Dec 20, 2022
    just the same as before at least make it a remake i hate it when they just update something and call it a new game no we need something that makes it diffirent than the game you released before wtf is this another skyrim bsht
  22. Dec 19, 2022
    Two years. In two years, we received an hd mod from the nexus, 3 quests, two armor and 25 fps on the ps5. You should have rid the industry of evil, not joined it.
  23. Dec 21, 2022
    Update is just bad. 7-year old game in 1100p and choppy 25fps in RT mode. CDPR is the worst developer in the world - Miles Morales is 1440p/60+RT so there is no excuse for this horrible work.
  24. Dec 16, 2022
    Let's start with the fact that the Witcher 3 is the best in the gaming industry nowadays. Quests in witcher 3 are some kind of the standard. All quests in new open-world games are compared with them and, obviously, the witcher is still unbeatable.
    The only game that is on par with the witcher is rdr 2. Everything else only tries to get closer to the level set by the witcher.
    Someone
    Someone writes that the game is boring, well, play assassin's creed, clean outposts and grind resources (in single-player), or kill dummies in the call of duty. You are not worthy drinking in kaer morhen, you are not worthy to visit the land of 1000 fairy tales, you are not worthy to have fun at a wedding when your body is controlled by a spirit, you are not worthy to decide the fate of another witcher who slaughtered the entire village and this is just the beginning. Outposts and grind in a single player game is what you deserve
    Someone writes that they are tired of "special editions" of games. I advise them to look at the price of the updated edition of the game. Oh, that a surprise, it's free, how unexpected.
    After so many years it is still the game of the year for me. After hundreds of hours again it is like a fresh breathe to start the new game. I strongly recommend this game for everyone !!!
  25. Dec 16, 2022
    그래픽도 좋아졌고 한국어 풀 음성 더빙도 되었다.
    거기다가 기존 구매했던 유저들 무료로 업데이트까지
    해주었다. 이정도면 10점 만점 줄수밖에 없음
  26. Dec 20, 2022
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Wirkt wie ein Remake für die PS4, hat mit der Qualität in Richtung PS5 nichts zu tun. Die Enttäuschung schlechthin nach 2077. Raytracing heißt nicht alles muss flächig glänzen wie eine Pfütze... Expand
  27. Dec 20, 2022
    Positive review is not supported in your country, please try again later. Nothing at all is done good
  28. Dec 19, 2022
    Amazing game, tha patch did a good job but the frame rate is still not really good, the optimisation is pretty bad on next gen consoles
  29. Dec 20, 2022
    all the 0s given by same accounts giving Ragnarok a 10 should tell you enough, Witcher 3 Next Gen edition is still miles ahead of Movie games Sony releases and deservedly is the #2 PlayStation game of 2022 after Elden Ring, keep up CDPR.
  30. Dec 18, 2022
    One of the best games ever made just got some new free content years after release. Easy 10/10
  31. Dec 20, 2022
    The Witcher 3' atmosphere is just the greatest thing and the update adds to it.
  32. Dec 18, 2022
    After seven years, The Witcher 3 is still much better than some of the latest AAA open-world games, mainly due to its unparalleled writing, character development, and gameplay.
  33. Dec 20, 2022
    A bad open world game. Target audience is clearly young men with low intelligence. If you want to feel the feels of the past grand rpgs such as Final Fantasy 7, except situated in open world, buy Xenoblade 3 for Switch. It's the best rpg ever.
  34. Dec 15, 2022
    How does the best game ever made get better? It comes to a new generation of hardware, free of charge. The game is an absolute masterpiece, same as the original Polish novels it’s derived from. Anyone who gives this less than an 8 is probably confused, biased or a troll. You need to experience the full 100+ hours to know what you’re talking about, and many of us have more than once forHow does the best game ever made get better? It comes to a new generation of hardware, free of charge. The game is an absolute masterpiece, same as the original Polish novels it’s derived from. Anyone who gives this less than an 8 is probably confused, biased or a troll. You need to experience the full 100+ hours to know what you’re talking about, and many of us have more than once for damn good reasons.

The addition of 3D audio on PS5 is outstanding. You hear the difference everywhere. When walking through a tavern, you can hear exactly where voices are coming from in a crowd. Fights are more exciting. The graphical improvements are significant, and performance mode seems to be the best experience. Buttery smooth, like they say, which now seems essential for sword fights. Quick Casting is a big improvement upon the original selection wheel. You don’t have to pause or think- just a press and it’s any sign you want without interruption. Walking up to destructible objects and pressing R2 + X for Aard is a pleasure, along with setting things ablaze with Igni. I would have paid for this upgrade in a heartbeat- no exaggeration. I almost want to pay something anyway, to support these massive masterpieces of games. I want to show that this is an investment well worth making so we don’t get smaller, lesser games in the future. Anyway, thank you CDPR for making this free. If you have never played The Witcher III and you’re a fan of RPGs, man are you in for one hell of a ride. Just pay the man.
  35. Dec 15, 2022
    I think this game is perfect. I don't think it's an old game. Thank you CDPR. It feels like a whole new game.
  36. Dec 18, 2022
    Спасибо разработчику за то, что сделал все, чтоб оценку опускали владельцы аккаунтов с определенного региона. Один крысы не выкатили патч, другие не дают ни регион сменить, ни сейвы нормально переносить, и тоже денег не хотят совсем. Уже б давно придумали обходку. Вобщем CDPR жди теперь на каждую игру низкий юзерскор и бомбинг. Вы этого заслужили. Ну и да, игра тормозит, старая, ни наСпасибо разработчику за то, что сделал все, чтоб оценку опускали владельцы аккаунтов с определенного региона. Один крысы не выкатили патч, другие не дают ни регион сменить, ни сейвы нормально переносить, и тоже денег не хотят совсем. Уже б давно придумали обходку. Вобщем CDPR жди теперь на каждую игру низкий юзерскор и бомбинг. Вы этого заслужили. Ну и да, игра тормозит, старая, ни на одной консоли нет стабильного фпс. Еще и нетфликсовскую броню добавили. Гении вобщем Expand
  37. Dec 15, 2022
    These huge open world games are getting old in my book. I didn't like Elden Ring and i didn't like this one either. Games like Final Fantasy 7 Remake or Last of Us have better pacing and focus. I honestly think that lots of people are getting tired of these large open world games and would rather play more linear games.

+ graphics
    + music
    - characters
    - dialogue
    - open world
  38. Dec 15, 2022
    Classic game with countless hours of entertainment, and you can't complain about a completely free next gen update for a game that's been on sale for $10 multiple times.
  39. Dec 15, 2022
    The Witcher 3 is amazing just got better with this free update. I recommend.
  40. Dec 16, 2022
    This game is beautiful.
    I don't understand why all this hate, they did a really good job. Some people like to play "old" games that are adjusted for newer consoles.
  41. Jan 3, 2023
    This game is still a steaming pile of garbage. I wasn't interested in this game at first, until my friends kept telling me it was one of the best games ever made with top notch quality by generous developers. I even had a co-worker claim that this game's open world had more depth and content than GTA 5. I was like "Whoa what, well then I have to get it" only to be outraged that this gameThis game is still a steaming pile of garbage. I wasn't interested in this game at first, until my friends kept telling me it was one of the best games ever made with top notch quality by generous developers. I even had a co-worker claim that this game's open world had more depth and content than GTA 5. I was like "Whoa what, well then I have to get it" only to be outraged that this game was the complete opposite of what I was told. Forget GTA 5, this game barely has the quality of the average Ubisoft game. This game was full of bugs, glitches, crashes, bad performance, terrible animations, clipping issues, PS2 quality controls, outdated combat system, and awful physics akin to mobile games. Many of these issues are still here. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and I can respect that if they're honest. What I won't respect is double standards. If this game had the Ubisoft logo on the bottom of the box art, the narrative would've been so different. There would be a bazillion of compilation videos on the bugs, braindead AI, and awful physics. Never will I trust the "muh dark and gritty mature 10/10 GOTY stories" gamers ever again, because they are never consistent. All they do is parrot journalists and youtubers, or depending what their favorite game studios do, these gamers will change their standards accordingly.

When I first unboxed the game on PS4, there was a red piece of paper where the developers were basically bragging about how generous they were. That's pathetic. I immediately ripped the paper into pieces. Calling yourself nice is narcissism, that is up for others to decide. My friends and co-workers thought I was crazy and absurd for calling the "good guys" CDPR greedy and lazy back in 2015. Funny how they agreed with me when Cyberpunk 2077 came out. It just goes to show how influential marketing and critics can be. It's no wonder why 18-49 is currently the key demo for advertisers. Let me tell you young folks how a business works. Money comes first, and a company will do anything they can to maximize revenue unless they decide to prioritize their left-wing liberal SJW woke agenda garbage. Not a hard concept to grasp. I knew this since I was like in the 2nd grade for goodness sake. What is wrong with you Millennial gamers? They're no different than EA. Only difference is these developers pretend to be the good guys. The fact that anyone thought CDPR actually cared about their consumers is comedy gold. I don't care if a company is "consumer friendly" I just want my money's worth.

You can now pet your horse. Big deal, how about improving the trash gameplay, instead of coming up with gimmicks. Contrary to popular belief, there is nothing to do in the open world. I can't hijack horses from other people, I can't beat up the NPCs of my choice, I can't do anything. You can't even travel the entire open world in real-time. Ubisoft's open world games have more to do than this boring garbage. When it comes to physics, CDPR are the absolute worst in AAA games. I played shovelware with better physics than this garbage. That's embarrassing. The side quests aren't as great as people made it out to be. It's just dialogue and using the Witcher senses. The main story is dialogue after dialogue too with boring levels. I finally played the DLCs, and this "it's like a new game" statement is a fanboy lie. It's literally just DLC that should've been in the game in the beginning.

There is no multiplayer. So once you beat the story, there is literally not a reason to play this game again. Charging $60 for a game with no replay value is a cash grab. It's ironic that I can't play with friends in this so-called "consumer friendly" game. And the greedy developers had the audacity to brag about no microtransactions, when these lazy developers gave us half the game for $60. Last time that I checked, Rockstar and about all EA games have no microtransactions in the singleplayer portion of their games, yet gamers constantly call them out for their greed. It's easy to brag about no MTX when there are no servers to maintain. Why don't they make a singleplayer game with online multiplayer and no microtransactions? Oh that's right, because they are too greedy for that. CDPR are so cheap and lazy, they canceled Cyberpunk online. Lazy cheapskates didn't even bother to improve their engine, so they abandoned it and went crying to Epic Games for help. Seeing this new partnership, I will be going into Witcher 4 with high expectations. You better not disappoint me CDPR. Free upgrade, but what good is any of that when I paid $60 for this off-brand Ubisoft game? Currently $20-30, but I don't recommend this game at all.
  42. Dec 26, 2022
    I played it a little bit when it came out, but then other releases came out and never went back to it. Then I heard the news about the update for PS5 and installed it again, oh boy… what have I missing, the quests, the story, the world its just amazing and with the new update for Ps5 is simply stunning. Honestly one of the best games ever made…
  43. Jan 1, 2023
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. the best game of my life. amazing story beautiful world and so good. improvement in lighting and draw distance is amazing Expand
  44. Dec 24, 2022
    This game was a 5 when it first came out so it’s obvious that the ps5 version deserved nothing less. I didn’t think this game could ever get any better but they’ve done it. I wanna play the new god of war so bad but can’t because I’m absolutely hooked on playing this for the 3rd time.
  45. Dec 16, 2022
    Playing this is like eating cardboard. Recommend if suffering from insomnia only, you'll fall asleep every time.
  46. Dec 16, 2022
    Nice game I play alerdy 100hours and I want more and more is not boring..and I loved
  47. Dec 16, 2022
    Amazing game and an incredible experience to replay it on PS5. The new 60FPS mode and ps5 controller make a huge difference.
  48. Dec 23, 2022
    То разработчики этой игры влезли в политику...
    Но так испортить игру патчем 4 это надо постараться.
  49. Dec 21, 2022
    This is the way this game is meant to be played, with all its Expansions.
    All the additional content doubles the playtime, and fixes some issues the main game suffers from.
    An amazing journey of a monster hunter in every way possible. The main story is very well made with a great cast of characters, and the writing is fantastic, everything in the game has depth to it. The amount of
    This is the way this game is meant to be played, with all its Expansions.

An amazing journey of a monster hunter in every way possible.

The amount of content is absolutely ridiculous, at first you might get overwhelmed by all the activities the game throws at you, but exploring the map and doing side quests is definitely worth it, this game has perhaps the best side quests I've ever experienced, and the quest design is phenomenal.

The dialogue options are groundbreaking, almost every quest has different outcomes and interactions, it's insane. Your actions have consequences and if you're not careful, you can miss entire questlines that can alter your experience.

It's an all-around solid game, it does almost everything very well, except from the gameplay which is a little bit clunky so you'll have to get used to it, and some animations look weird.
    The biggest problem I have with the game personally is the amount of filler and padding in the first half of the story, it takes way too long for it to pick up, but the last few hours are just incredible.
    Also the boss fights are disappointingly simple and easy, no challenge whatsoever.

Top Tier Open World in my opinion, it's very enjoyable from start to finish, there are so many things to do in this game.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt achieved the impossible, it's unbelievable how a small Polish studio managed to create this monster of a videogame.

Final Rating: "Masterpiece" ~ 10/10.
  50. Dec 16, 2022
    Aiming is painfully terribly delayed. Sluggish heavy rubberband kinda bad way. Like it has too heavy flywheel that doesnt belong to it and its going to fight against you any time possible. Why not make it optional like any modern AAA game and even smaller ones.
    Buttons are horrible and cant change them. Its like ps3 era or randomly generated. Attack should definately be on r1 and r2. This is not tekken. And who seta jump on O what is ment to duck/dodge/roll. Atleast make them optional or custom like every other game. This is just lazy at this point.
    +Beautiful well aged game with excellent story and has adult content. Also not polluted with politics, rainbows or wokeism. Good old violence and sex.
  51. Dec 15, 2022
    Great update. Works so good on the PS5
    pro-tip to the seething cuckholds who spam and bomb every game released.
    You are only making your voices more and more irrelevant, every new release proves more and more that userscores and reviews on LE metacritic are a mistake because the reviews are written by troglodytes with brain damage. No matter how much you upvote yourself and downvote
    Great update. Works so good on the PS5
    pro-tip to the seething cuckholds who spam and bomb every game released.
    No matter how much you upvote yourself and downvote other people voice your stinking reviews will never ever be taken seriously, Elden Ring won GOTY, The Last of Us 2 won GOTY, and you will always seethe. Absolute losers, lmao.
  52. Dec 17, 2022
    Best game of all my life got graphic enhancment and physic upgrade love new camera a lot
  53. Dec 17, 2022
    has no improvements after the next-gen update, even the actual game is kinda overrated.
  54. Dec 15, 2022
    This upgrade alone has got me to finally want to finish this game, worth the free upgrade
  55. Dec 15, 2022
    This update is absolutely fantastic. Feels like a new game but a lot of nostalgia as well. Great job CD Projekt Red.
  56. Dec 16, 2022
    For me one of the best games i've ever played. The story is gripping and the characters are all extremely well written. The graphics and sound are absolutely stunning, providing a really immersive experience. The action is intense and the combat system is just ok. The game also provides a huge open world to explore, with plenty of side quests and activities to keep you busy for hours. GameFor me one of the best games i've ever played. The story is gripping and the characters are all extremely well written. The graphics and sound are absolutely stunning, providing a really immersive experience. The action is intense and the combat system is just ok. The game also provides a huge open world to explore, with plenty of side quests and activities to keep you busy for hours. Game is not perfect especially because of combat but overall, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is a fantastic game that I highly recommend for any fan of RPGs. Expand
  57. Dec 16, 2022
    Its crazy that this game is almost 8 years old!! It looks amazing in this era too and with this free update is better than before, amazing gameplay,story,soundtrack and graphic,keep it up Cd project red
  58. Dec 16, 2022
    The original game was a masterpiece 10/10 and this version make it more beautiful than ever
  59. Dec 25, 2022
    I'm biast about this game so not the best one to recommend or not but if you love fantasy and RPGs this game has some of the best quests and story writing I've ever experienced in an RPG.
  60. Dec 25, 2022
    To this date unbeaten. It is the best game of all time. Rivaled only by Red Dead Redemption 2 and Persona 5 Royal depending on your taste!

Dark Fantasy, blood and sex without ends. No game has ever been close to the level of love that was put into the side quests especially. This edition is meant for people new to Witcher 3. If you own the game and the DLCs you dont need to buy it

Dark Fantasy, blood and sex without ends.

This edition is meant for people new to Witcher 3. If you own the game and the DLCs you dont need to buy it everything is patched in for free.

Dont let the red and yellow rating trolls fool you.
  61. Dec 28, 2022
    Well, finally after the PS5 Update was announced I felt ready to play it finally! I could just not play it with 30fps. So now, here we are, this game is simply amazing! I just had a simple sidequest yesterday which took me an hour...so much love and design in that world and the characters! I am just in the "first" world, Velen, to search for Ciri and I have already 30hrs or even more onWell, finally after the PS5 Update was announced I felt ready to play it finally! I could just not play it with 30fps. So now, here we are, this game is simply amazing! I just had a simple sidequest yesterday which took me an hour...so much love and design in that world and the characters! I am just in the "first" world, Velen, to search for Ciri and I have already 30hrs or even more on the gameclock...still so much stuff to do there. I love that. After watching it on Netflix I feel even more connected with Gerald and how he would behave in some situations. Great game, love for details and the soundtrack is stunning! Cannot wait for more. Really much love for that game! The explorer in me was awakened! Expand
  62. Dec 24, 2022
    БЕЗ СЛОВ....!!!:)
    ПРОСТО ЛЕГЕНДАРНАЯ ИГРА....!!!:)
    НИКАК ИНАЧЕ И ПОДРУГОМУ....!!!:)
  63. Dec 25, 2022
    Best RPG of all time!! Just play already! Seriously, if you like fantasy, adventure, and world full of quests ( worthy of your time) in a video game this is the game for you. I cannot recommend this game enough.
  64. Dec 19, 2022
    It's incredible how much they improved this game! It's absolutely a must play!
  65. Dec 20, 2022
    Magnifique encore plus beau toujours un plaisir de retourner dessus, le meilleur jeu de l'histoire par sa profondeur et son atmosphère.
  66. Dec 24, 2022
    I was done with gaming after not being able to fully immerse myself into a story, I'd just not be able to connect with it. So I thought maybe im too old for games(27), I played the witcher on PS4 around 2018 but decided to try again now that it has better graphics on PS5, and WOW. Its been such a long time since I put so many hours into a game, last time I played this much was back duringI was done with gaming after not being able to fully immerse myself into a story, I'd just not be able to connect with it. So I thought maybe im too old for games(27), I played the witcher on PS4 around 2018 but decided to try again now that it has better graphics on PS5, and WOW. Its been such a long time since I put so many hours into a game, last time I played this much was back during gta sa and metal gear 3 days back on the ps2. Im sorry Witcher for putting this game aside for so long and considering it "boring". Once you get into it, you just want more, the story writing is so compelling and keeps bringing you back for more, wondering whats next. I got this game for my dad as a xmas gift along with rdr2, I hope he enjoys it as much as I did! Expand
  67. Dec 24, 2022
    This game is the father of God of war and ghost of tsushima... for me, it's the best game I ever played.
  68. Dec 24, 2022
    The best game i have ever played.
    Lost countless hours into it and still so much content is left.
  69. Dec 17, 2022
    A masterpiece, end of the story. Played thousands of hours in 2015 and I'm still there, playing the next gen version.
  70. Dec 15, 2022
    A 10/10 masterpiece. People that give it a negative score cant handle such a game. Their brains are only capable of playing empty boring ubisoft games
  71. Dec 22, 2022
    Same amazing game, but more beautiful. Awesome time regardless of the platform.
  72. Dec 18, 2022
    Well, game of the year 2 times for a reason.
    Even 7 years later with a new release for the next Gen consoles... it holds up and especially looks fantastic in quality mode.
    Unlike some other writers, you can also feel the love for the source material.
  73. Dec 20, 2022
    Never played the original game back in 2015 so I don’t know the graphics back then. I’m now around 20 hours in the game and I like it very much. Although there are some bugs in the game which makes it annoying, it isn’t that irritating to deduct it more than 1 point.
  74. Dec 19, 2022
    Espectacular! Uno de los mejores juegos que he jugado. La historia es una pasada!
  75. Dec 19, 2022
    The Witcher 3 is one of the best games ever made, and CD Projekt Red managed to make it get even better with this update.

This new update is a must-play, for both people who already played the game, and definitely for the ones that didn't have the chance to play this game before.
  76. Dec 15, 2022
    Fantastic update, beautiful, just remember to use brain and adjust to your pc potential, use DLSS it gives a lot 10/10
  77. Dec 15, 2022
    It takes everything that is good from the original game to another level, not just the graphic but also some improvments in the gameplay
  78. Dec 15, 2022
    thank you CD Projekt RED for updating your beautiful game and supporting Russian players who love your creativity very much, despite the fact that many developers everywhere boycott Russian gamers who just love good games and are not to blame for anything. спасибо !❤️
  79. Dec 16, 2022
    The Greatest game of all time is now even better with 60 fps and improved Textures,Grass,Ray Tracing and what not.. this is still the most authentic Dark Fantasy open world available.. the Writing and atmosphere are second to none. man its The Witcher 3 just play it no need to re review it.
  80. Dec 16, 2022
    xiàn zài wǒ yǒu bīng qí lín
    wǒ hěn xǐ huān bīng qí lín
    dàn shì 《 sù dù yǔ jī qíng jiǔ》 bǐ bīng qí lín 《 sù dù yǔ jī -》 《 sù dù yǔ jī qíng jiǔ》 wǒ zuì xǐ huān suǒ yǐ xiàn zài shì yīn lè shí jiān zhǔn bèi yī èr sān liǎng gè lǐ bài yǐ hòu 《 sù dù yǔ jī qíng jiǔ》 liǎng gè lǐ bài yǐ hòu 《 sù dù yǔ jī qíng jiǔ》 liǎng gè lǐ bài yǐ hòu 《 sù dù yǔ jī qíng jiǔ》 bù yào wàng jì bù
    xiàn zài wǒ yǒu bīng qí lín

sān
    bù yào wàng jì
    bù yào cuò guò
    qù diàn yǐng yuàn
    kàn 《 sù dù yǔ jī qíng jiǔ》
    yīn wéi fēi cháng hǎo diàn yǐng
    dòng zuò fēi cháng hǎo
    chà bù duō yī yàng “ bīng jī lín ”
    zài jiàn
  81. Dec 15, 2022
    One of the best games of all time, became better. You have to wonder how stupid and sad someone must be to give 0 to such a fantastic free upgrade.
  82. Dec 20, 2022
    It looks MUCH better on XBOX Series X and PC but you wouldn't know that if you came to Metacritic where only the PS5 is served. This game also trashes God of War. Better story, better voice acting, better characters, less SJW and WOKE themes. And the fact that this update is FREE and adds so much should tell you Sony just wants more money for their horrible 70-dollar games.
  83. Dec 21, 2022
    Some of the best writing in video game history. Yes it’s a slow burn, but that’s why the payoff hits so hang in there. Lots of poetry and depth within each character and quest, this is what elevates The Witcher above so many games. The update brings new fluidity with “quick casting” and much improved visuals thanks to the modder halkhogan. Ray tracing isn’t so stable right now. CrossSome of the best writing in video game history. Yes it’s a slow burn, but that’s why the payoff hits so hang in there. Lots of poetry and depth within each character and quest, this is what elevates The Witcher above so many games. The update brings new fluidity with “quick casting” and much improved visuals thanks to the modder halkhogan. Ray tracing isn’t so stable right now. Cross saving works great. Loving another play through thanks to this free update. Expand
  84. Dec 16, 2022
    Great!
    Really a great improvement in this new version of the game. Looks fantastic compared to the older version.
  85. Jan 4, 2023
    One of the best open world RPG's ever made. Gameplay was fantastic, story was fantastic, all the side stuff was fantastic, graphics fantastic, sound fantastic.

To the idiots giving it a 0......you have no clue what you're even talking about. I love how people give Game of the Year games 0's. THey are on some serious drugs, and definitely in this strange minority of gamers. Makes zero sense. Maybe they'd rather play kids games. Who knows.
  86. Jan 14, 2023
    Pros:

- Best story of the open world game genre. After seven years this game is still leaps and bounds ahead of most of the competition. And the games that can compete with Witcher 3 in terms of story lack the great presentation (Fallout New Vegas for example). - Interesting multi- faceted characters with way more depth than in most other games. They make big budged productions with
    Pros:

- Interesting multi- faceted characters with way more depth than in most other games. They make big budged productions with Hollywood actors look bad in comparison. Even random npcs are far more convincing than main characters of aaa games released this year. Witcher 3 is being carried by actors and animators and they did a fantastic job.

- Great quests with branching paths that challenge your morality. And its not always grey, sometimes you can decide wrong, sometimes there are multiple paths to a good ending, and sometimes all you can do is pick one bad thing or another. The writing is always great. Questing in this game is so much fun because you never know whats going to happen.

- The world and its lore is based on Middle European fantasy instead of British fantasy like most fantasy games. Grimms fairy tales instead of Tolkien. Its way more sinister, terrifying, weird and ugly and thats great.

- Great music. It really ads to the atmosphere which is often creepy and bloody. Also its not some generic “cinematic“ orchestral score. This music will stay in your head forever and never leave.

- Gwent is the best and most complex mini game I have ever seen. Its really fun hunting for cards to become a master duelist.

Cons:

- Crashes, bugged quests, bugged npcs, bugged music, this game sadly has a lot of immersion ruining errors. The developers could have fixed this a long time ago but they didnt.

- The rpg customization sucks. Loot scaling is poorly done, you are often swapping gear and nothing really sticks. Crafting is useless, and even unique quest rewards are throwaway stuff. Which is sad considering there are many different and unique swords and armor sets…. or not, because every sword has the exact same move set.

- Abilities are generic and none of them has any impact on quests, except the upgrade for the Axii sign which you can get right in the first story chapter. This game has hundreds of different weapons, armor, materials, upgrades, but all of it just makes the game worse and more complicated. They should have went with a much, much simpler system.

- Combat sucks as well, its not challenging even on highest difficulty and in most fights they just throw multiple mobs at once at you and you have to crowd control them. Not fun and the bad scaling is causing some unfair fights in the early game. But the worst enemy in the game is the horrendous lock on system.

- The open world lacks diversity. All areas are a green land with lots of trees and very little variation besides that.

Conclusion:

This game is great but sometimes less is more. Cdpr should have focused even harder on what makes it worth playing, eg the story and characters, and cut down the cluttered rest of the game. Witcher 3 is one of the best story games of all time combined with an open world game thats more average than good. 8/10
  87. Jan 6, 2023
    Top 5 games of all time, thank you for my friend Aaron for recommending me this masterpiece of a game. I first played it on PS4 all those years ago and fell in love with this game. Then I switched to PC to experience it again with better graphics and now finally it has come to the PS5 and it's better than ever.
  88. Dec 29, 2022
    It's The Witcher 3, but slightly better. Not gonna **** on the "upgrade" too much. It's a free upgrade and it's definitely an upgrade, even if it didn't upgrade THAT much. I thought The Witcher 3 was a masterpiece, 10/10, perfect game. Some of the best DLC ever to boot. This is just that, again.
  89. Jan 5, 2023
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt. Il mio voto è un 9,5 su 10. È un bel gioco ha definito gli action RPG open world. Poi sono usciti negli anni diversi giochi con lo stile di The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt. È la base per gli open world di ruolo. Parecchi prodotti negli anni sono alla The Witcher 3. Ma tendono ad essere più derivativi. Horizon Forbidden West è superiore a The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt. Per me il miglior open world fino ad oggi è Sonic Frontiers troppo sottovalutato. La critica che ha dato i voti negativi a Sonic Frontiers fanno più cagare loro che Sonic Frontiers. Expand
  90. Jan 13, 2023
    As the late great videogamedunkey would say, "mastapiece"
    Easily one of best RPGs of all time amem
  91. Jan 10, 2023
    Um dos melhores jogos que já joguei, trilha sonora ótima, história fenomenal, simplesmente perfeito.
  92. Dec 27, 2022
    amazing game but it's starting to show its age. This is probably my last playthrough of it ever.
  93. Dec 30, 2022
    The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is a 10/10 masterpiece game without a doubt. With this FREE next-gen update a lot of cool new features has been added. Combat has been improved, ray-tracing makes the game look so much better, along with an amazing new quest and notable bug fixes. The game also including a bunch of quality of life improvements, photo mode, and adjustable camera angles forThe Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is a 10/10 masterpiece game without a doubt. With this FREE next-gen update a lot of cool new features has been added. Combat has been improved, ray-tracing makes the game look so much better, along with an amazing new quest and notable bug fixes. The game also including a bunch of quality of life improvements, photo mode, and adjustable camera angles for certain events just to name a few. Ladies and Gentlemen, it is time to pick up your silver sword and brew your potions. Time to go back to the continent. Expand
  94. Dec 28, 2022
    El salto a la siguiente generación se nota a grandes escalas y hace que el juego se sienta bastante fresco y renovado debido a las mejoras en jugabilidad actuales que introducieron.
  95. Jan 8, 2023
    A favor: gameplay, historia, mecánicas
    En contra: los menús son lentes y algo enredados, muchos bugs gráficos
  96. Jan 13, 2023
    Review só para me lembrar da nota que dei:
    Positivos:
    - Historia principal boa;
    - Personagens bons;
    - Varias coisa pra fazer e coletar
    - DLC's incríveis.
    Negativos:
    - Muitos bugs;
    - Meio repetitivo ainda mais em missões onde tem que matar vários monstros.
    Em geral jogo muito bom 8/10.
  97. Jan 15, 2023
    The BEST open world RPG I've ever played!! The DLC is probably the best DLC to be put out for a game after publishing, like EVER!!
  98. Jan 19, 2023
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The complete edition it's a must have.
    This game has an amazing story and it's fun to play,great longevity and a veroy nice graphic art
  99. Jan 5, 2023
    The Witcher 3 is by far the most over rated game in the history of gaming. The next gen update did nothing to change my mind
  100. Jan 29, 2023
    I haven't played the PS5 version yet but this is based on my original review. Might revise if I ever play it again on my pS5.

Universal acclaim - based on 31 Critic Reviews

1. Jan 31, 2023
    There’s not much to give an opinion on here, as much of the change implemented is visual and quality of life. It’s a welcome update, and if it’s been a while since you’ve played or if you’ve just never gotten around to it, now is a great time to do so. The Witcher 3 has been in a good place for a while, but these upgrades further cement it in it’s spot as one of the all-time greats.
  2. Jan 3, 2023
    The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt provides a next-gen facelift for this immersive role-playing game with its all DLC's and some of the best player mods!
  3. Jan 3, 2023
    A welcome update, The Witcher 3 is just as magnificent and engrossing as it was seven years ago. It looks beautiful, but still retains that rusty charm that sometimes creeps into a game so massive. Given that it’s a free upgrade, there’s no better time to get back into the world of Geralt and the Wild Hunt.