8.2

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Nov 23, 2021
    As a rpg fan, I really liked how they changed the battle system but it got old pretty fast. Graphics (like every Yakuza title) look 10 years outdated. Good points were the story and the mini games. To be fair, I never really been into Yakuza games. I'd recommend waiting for a sale.
  2. Jan 1, 2022
    Graphics: colourful and interesting
    Sound: great voice work and fx; repetitive music
    Story: fantastic with great character development Gameplay: fun, but really awful difficulty balance. I restarted on hard after getting used to the play dynamics, but then hit a point where I could thrash any normal enemies, but then some bosses would be way too tough; so in the end felt more like an
    Graphics: colourful and interesting
    Sound: great voice work and fx; repetitive music
    Story: fantastic with great character development
    Gameplay: fun, but really awful difficulty balance. I restarted on hard after getting used to the play dynamics, but then hit a point where I could thrash any normal enemies, but then some bosses would be way too tough; so in the end felt more like an interactive story with the odd boss slog.
  3. Mar 10, 2021
    So it looked great on ps4 with 1080p 30fps, but looks amazing on ps5 with 1440p and a cool 60fps locked. The game itself has an amazing story with lovable characters. Devs took a chance with turn base combat but it paid off, even though I loved old yakuza fighting style. (Play judgment if you want a newer yakuza game with fresh graphics, top notch game too), my only complaint is that yourSo it looked great on ps4 with 1080p 30fps, but looks amazing on ps5 with 1440p and a cool 60fps locked. The game itself has an amazing story with lovable characters. Devs took a chance with turn base combat but it paid off, even though I loved old yakuza fighting style. (Play judgment if you want a newer yakuza game with fresh graphics, top notch game too), my only complaint is that your ps4 save file won’t carry over so you have to start over. Would’ve given it an 9 because of that but am giving it a 10 to counter losers putting a 0 because of the save carry over thing. Expand
  4. Mar 3, 2021
    To keep it short and sweet, the most fun I've had playing a game in a while. The boosts of the PS5 are relatively subtle but there are clear improvements to graphical fidelity. It is overall, a much smoother, cleaner, and more polished experience with load times reduced significantly from the PS4 version. The story remains one of the wackiest yet one of the most emotional games of the manyTo keep it short and sweet, the most fun I've had playing a game in a while. The boosts of the PS5 are relatively subtle but there are clear improvements to graphical fidelity. It is overall, a much smoother, cleaner, and more polished experience with load times reduced significantly from the PS4 version. The story remains one of the wackiest yet one of the most emotional games of the many PS5 and PS4 games that are around. A must-play for so many reasons. There is a sharp dichotomy between gameplay and the story but this dissonance works so well to make such a memorable experience, as always with Yakuza games. That's the best way to describe Yakuza: like a dragon. Not perfect by any stretch of the imagination but damn near close to it. I could go into details about its many perfections and imperfections but that's for real reviewers. I'm just excited to see how Ryu Ga Gotoku takes further advantage of the newer hardware for the next games in the series. Expand
  5. Apr 6, 2021
    Game Completed : April 4, 2021
    Playing hours : 52 hours
    Game Completed : April 4, 2021
    Playing hours : 52 hours

I remember how much i fell in love with the final fantasy series particularly the classic ones 6 to 10. Each of the entry provides unique, inspiring and invested story. I remember whenever we anticipate how will the next setting be and a present time setting is the least we could anticipate because the integration with its formula seems impossible. Thanks to Yakuza like a dragon, this is exactly how i imagine it to be and it is a MASTERPIECE! i now have a new favorite series well... tied with FF7 Remake. Its quirkiness makes it even more authentic. What i also find in the game such a masterpiece is how the story and narrative tied up together for 40 hours where it never felt stretched. Which is my common complain with triple A story driven game like the Witcher, Assassins Creed where its a 40 to 50 hour game but should only take you less than 10 hours if you intent to get its main story. Yakuza like a dragon on the other hand, serves you a story with an actual 40 hour length where it never felt cut or stretched.

Story/ Narrative : 10/10
    Graphics - 9.5/10
    Gameplay - 10/10
    Sound - 10/10
    Replay Value - 10/10
    Progression System - 10/10
  6. Apr 7, 2021
    This game - I cannot describe how much I love it. I've never played a Yakuza Game before (didn't like the combat system), but this one uses another approach both for combat and story (as far as I can tell). It's so goofy and pretty much every side quest is so ridiculous but in a way that is actually pleasing. It's not like the South Park games (especially the 2nd entry) where it's justThis game - I cannot describe how much I love it. I've never played a Yakuza Game before (didn't like the combat system), but this one uses another approach both for combat and story (as far as I can tell). It's so goofy and pretty much every side quest is so ridiculous but in a way that is actually pleasing. It's not like the South Park games (especially the 2nd entry) where it's just gross, this game knows how to balance seriousness, emotion and goofiness in a way that at least appeals to me. The main story is very well written and sufficiently serious while the side content is just as weird as it gets. I love kart racing, planting flowers, doing some economy simulation while playing an JRPG with dating and bonding with the characters. Graphics are also extremely nice, only the cut scenes seem to be still on PS4 level. Can only recommend. Expand
  7. Jun 6, 2021
    Dub quality - brilliant actually, surprisingly so. In fact they even dub the karaoke songs too, even in anime that's a rare thing in a dub. Heaven's Lost Property (fallen down) and Haruhi Suzumiya (god knows) are about the only two examples i can think of; normally they just keep in the japanese singers.

PS5 version - This is a PS4 port. It's the nicest thing to say about this, i know sony's quality control is about non existent and this clearly shows how desperate sony are to have PS5 games. They also did a PS5 version of judgement, no free upgrade but it's just a PS4 port. There is nothing that justifies either being on the new generation of consoles. I'd be wary of this developer in future games.

Story - Generic and terrible. It's overly played out, overly long and isn't that good. At times it makes "The Room" look like Shakespeare with its speeches and drama filled nonsense (lots of yelling that's how you know they're "serious" but comes across as pure cheese). The only good parts are the tales of "skits" between characters, the food conversations that appear and the sub stories (especially the one if you 'romance' all female characters). That's it.

Gameplay - The main character suffers from a delusional hero complex and the gameplay matches this perfectly. Turn based RPG. It surprisingly works although the amount of items (healing) would make even the older JRPGS blush. No one needs a dozen drinks that heal 15MP. No one.

MInigames - Oh where to begin. There's one good one, the management game. It's where you take a small sweet company and turn it into a 20 billion business empire. The entire thing has the worst tutorial ever, as it's all walls of text. Watch a youtube video on how shareholder meetings work and you'll fly through it.

The others you'd expect - terrible Sega games (bar virtua fighter). Golf, baseball, darts etc usual fair nothing exciting or worthwhile. Oh and a really bad mario kart rip off. The problem of this is usually the tracks and the AI. At one point six drivers got stuck in the first turn, for 5 minutes as the physics engine struggled. Then some rubber banded and teleported half a track in front of you. It was an awful experience (dragon cup first track i think it was). The drifting feels off, the tracks are badly designed and oh... just do yourself a favour and not play it. Leaves a bitter taste.

The worst part of the game - the honk honk people. As with the main characters increasing delusion he's a hero in dragon quest, they also have a variation of the "puff puff" characters. Except these are RNG based. And finding them, and making them turn up is a reason to burn this game and hope they never make another.

Weird things - the game on chapter 15 explains that certain people turn up during the day/night when you're able to change it at your HQ. I've never came across any point in the game where that's actually true. Not sure if some of this is just badly translated or never made it into the game.

As of writing only 22% of people finished the game. I mean we've come to the stage the developers need to take away the sales aspect, and realise that their game just isn't fun. At least half of all owners who buy a game even if they don't get every trophy etc should at least see the ending. This should always be a warning light to EVERY developer. Work on this. Your future games may sell better as a result.

In conclusion - don't buy the PS5 version, no point. It's a decent RPG until chapter 12 then be prepared for grinding (a certain boss battle will wake you up). In final fantasy 10, did you enjoy the Tidus laughing scene, if you did. You'll LOVE this games story.
  8. May 11, 2021
    Juegazo hallá donde los haya, historia interesante personaje HIPER ENTRAÑABLE, le bajo un punto por falta de doblaje al castellano, siempre penalizo por lo mismo, pero el juego es muy recomendable.
  9. Apr 7, 2021
    I loved this game during 50-hours main story. Downsides: sudden difficulty spikes and some obscure mechanics (foreman job for example). And absolutely unholy amount of grind to get the platinum (up to 20-30 hours doing the same thing all over again in one tiny dungeon).
  10. Aug 22, 2021
    Not sure what's with the hype for this game? I played it two hours and i was so bored that i had to uninstall it and refund it.
  11. Mar 9, 2021
    I have really enjoyed playing this game on the PS4, but I cannot accept the inconsistency with the PS4 -> PS5 transition with Yakuza: Like a Dragon. The Yakuza games are full of lots of excellent content and players can easily find 100+ hours of fun with each game (especially with new game+), but that still does not mean that every player wanting to experience a higher performance versionI have really enjoyed playing this game on the PS4, but I cannot accept the inconsistency with the PS4 -> PS5 transition with Yakuza: Like a Dragon. The Yakuza games are full of lots of excellent content and players can easily find 100+ hours of fun with each game (especially with new game+), but that still does not mean that every player wanting to experience a higher performance version of this game will want to replay those 100+ hours when upgrading from the PS4 to the PS5 version of the game. With how the developers have previously handled save transfer, there is no excusing the developers' choice to not implement any form of save transfer for the PS4/PS5 versions of this game. If this is the result of Sony not supporting developers with this console generation transition, then Sony really needs to step up their game; however, as this game already features purchasable downloadable content to speed up character progression, I cannot help but fear that this might be a 'brilliant' business decision made to encourage more time saving DLC purchases or to cut development costs for save transfer features that really should not be so difficult to implement. I would like to rate this game higher, but I think most fans will have already played the game already and the PS5 features do not seem to provide much reason to replay the game. Expand
  12. Aug 22, 2021
    Very generic game, idk maybe it just wasn't my style, but i was bored most of the time.
  13. May 5, 2021
    a really good jrpg, gameplay is solid , could a wish for a little bit better story!
  14. May 10, 2021
    Ichiban eres jesucristo reencarnado. El mejor yakuza en mi opinion y mira que eso es decir.
  15. May 17, 2021
    My favorite yakuza yet. Turn base is amazing. Story is silly and fun & old characters return is nice. love it, im at about 230 hours and going for more.
  16. Jun 7, 2021
    I could never have pictured the Yakuza series as a JRPG, but wow, they did a fantastic job (esp. given the culture constraints the West is dealing w/ today). The story, the humor (esp. enemy names), really everything is flipping amazing about this game. That said, I could never picture it below PS5 quality; the smallest details are visible on PS5. I also didn't think Bravely Default III could never have pictured the Yakuza series as a JRPG, but wow, they did a fantastic job (esp. given the culture constraints the West is dealing w/ today). The story, the humor (esp. enemy names), really everything is flipping amazing about this game. That said, I could never picture it below PS5 quality; the smallest details are visible on PS5. I also didn't think Bravely Default II could be matched; this game ranks up there with it as among the best JRPGs of recent years. Expand
  17. Apr 13, 2021
    One of the best JRPG's I have played in a long time. It proves that they are not dead and it is possible to keep the formula fresh and interesting.
  18. Apr 27, 2021
    finally italian subtitles, great game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  19. May 30, 2021
    Una grandisima sorpresa, historia muy trabajada, personajes carismaticos, irreverencia, emocion, giros inesperados y muy recomendable para iniciarse en la saga Yakuza
  20. Jun 26, 2021
    One of the most charming games ever. This has some personality to it! The perfect first Yakuza game too, if you're new. My only complaint is that anything UI-related just /feels/ not smooth and not polished enough.
  21. Jun 2, 2022
    This game is the same category as persona 5 one of The few jrpg finish and enjoyed completely this is an amazing game and I would recommend it ,the charisma of the character and especially the main character is so good that you just want to continue paying it. Just to see the story. It's well acted it will compose I would recommend it 100 ÷
  22. Sep 6, 2021
    This is my firts play on the Yakuza franchise and I was really surprise. The game is completely crazy, theres a lot to do in the city, minigames, grinding, etc. Very funny cinematics and conversations also, but the story also becomes serious. Nice JRPG.
  23. Jan 20, 2022
    One of the best JRPG's i've ever played, and that says a lot since i'm a diehard JRPG junkie.

The game is almost flawless from begin to end. From the details in the game to the music choice to the incredibly well paced out story. A gem of a game.
  24. Sep 22, 2021
    Like many I was worried about the change to turn based JRPG style combat but I'm happy to say it really works and combined with a fantastic set of new characters and engaging story I'm eagerly awaiting where it goes next!
  25. Nov 10, 2021
    Hours Played: 109 Hours
    Trophy Completion: 63/63 PLATINUM
    Worth My Time: Yes, main story + extras. Worth My Money: Yes, even at full price. What I Like: Story and characters are over-the-top fun. Gameplay follows suit. Turn-based combat is a welcome change and compliments the large cast. Tons of stuff to do. What I Dislike: I miss Kiryu. Some of the side content are hit-or-miss.
    Hours Played: 109 Hours
    Trophy Completion: 63/63 PLATINUM

Worth My Time: Yes, main story + extras.
    Worth My Money: Yes, even at full price.

What I Dislike: I miss Kiryu. Some of the side content are hit-or-miss.

How It Stacks Up: Worthy of the Yakuza name, even if it's a different genre of game with different characters. In terms of JRPGs, it's right up there with the likes of Final Fantasy and Persona in terms of quality, but sets itself apart with the setting and characters. PS5 port is serviceable.
  26. Mar 1, 2022
    할인할때 샀는데 너무 만족했다. 정가로 주고 사도 후회 안할만큼 컨텐츠도 많고 연출력도 뛰어나다. 그리고 한국 캐릭터랑 배경도 많이 나와서 너무 좋았다. 앞으로 용과같이 시리즈 차기작들은 무조건 예약구매 할 것임.
  27. Mar 27, 2022
    The first two 2 hours might be the most tedious yet from all the Yakuza games, but everything that comes after that is great. The biggest surprise is the changed combat mechanics. I would never expect a game from this series to go in that direction, but the JRPG turn-based combat is executed very well with all the classic elements of it. It can get a bit repetitive, but challenging bossesThe first two 2 hours might be the most tedious yet from all the Yakuza games, but everything that comes after that is great. The biggest surprise is the changed combat mechanics. I would never expect a game from this series to go in that direction, but the JRPG turn-based combat is executed very well with all the classic elements of it. It can get a bit repetitive, but challenging bosses make it satisfactory enough to keep you going.
    Although the real thing that keeps you going is the story. It's the pinnacle of Yakuza games. Ichiban is a very likeable main hero, and the same goes for your companions. The side quests are as goofy as ever.
    If you are a fan of Yakuza series, this is a must-play for you.
  28. Yty
    Mar 24, 2022
    Love the way this studio has a flare for storytelling, it’s impressive, got it because I enjoyed judgement so much and I actually bought all the yakuza series as well just because I was so impressed so yeah they hit the spot of relaxing gameplay for me with a challenge but nothing too complex that it could ever become annoying, the systems work well and keep your jaws dropping too may notLove the way this studio has a flare for storytelling, it’s impressive, got it because I enjoyed judgement so much and I actually bought all the yakuza series as well just because I was so impressed so yeah they hit the spot of relaxing gameplay for me with a challenge but nothing too complex that it could ever become annoying, the systems work well and keep your jaws dropping too may not be suitable for everyone though, I wouldn’t play another game with a similar combat style but that’s just me Expand

Generally favorable reviews - based on 11 Critic Reviews

1. Dec 21, 2021
    Someone once said that Shenmue crawled so that Yakuza could run. If that’s true, then Like A Dragon is the Usain Bolt of the series. There is so much to love and discover in the game’s 50 to 70-hour main story. Top this off with a new game plus mode, and you have an RPG that I can easily see being played for hundreds of hours.
  2. Sep 21, 2021
    Yakuza: Like a Dragon is an important entry for a series that's trying to redefine itself without losing what makes it Yakuza. I thoroughly enjoyed the story, even though its pacing was inconsistent. A lot of the enjoyment is due to the new protagonist Ichiban, his memorable companions, and their relationships, which are engaging to explore. Most of the adventure is set in the Yokohama region, which is a joy to interact with, and so are its shops and engaging side stories. While the introduction of RPG mechanics was a daring move, it ultimately paid off, and I prefer the full-on RPG approach over the old brawler gameplay. Most of its RPG systems are simplistic to the point of almost being repetitive, but it lays a solid and fun foundation upon which future titles can build.
  3. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Apr 6, 2021
    A basic upgrade. The SSD helps load some elements more quickly; the graphics aren’t radically improved. That said, the game is still phenomenal. [Issue#187, p.88]