7.3

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Sep 16, 2016
    I am not usually a fan of visual novels, unless it is like the Ace Attorney series, with alot of interaction, however Psycho Pass Manditory Happiness is so well written and well done that you could even use this as an introduction to the series and still be caught up. The caharacters are just as fleshed out in the game, as they are in the anime, and even the new characters feel like theyI am not usually a fan of visual novels, unless it is like the Ace Attorney series, with alot of interaction, however Psycho Pass Manditory Happiness is so well written and well done that you could even use this as an introduction to the series and still be caught up. The caharacters are just as fleshed out in the game, as they are in the anime, and even the new characters feel like they have been there the whole time. The soundtrack is eerily spooky, and for a distopian sci-fi visual novel, the decision system is on par. I picked the vita over the ps4 though, because a visual novel, is an interactive ebook, and this with me on the go is much more enticing Expand
  2. Sep 22, 2016
    Psycho pass on the PS VITA is a delightful Visual Novel that has to be experienced by every owner of VITA whether a fan of the anime series or not.
    I give this game a perfect score mainly because the game does a great job sticking closely to the theme of the Anime with extremely likeable cast of characters who feel very familiar to the fans of the series. I definitely recommend you guys to at least watch the first 8 episodes of season 1 before diving into the game. It's not mandatory but this would surely make you love the awesome characters even more.
    The main hook for playing this game is definitely not the gameplay aspects as there is hardly any interaction apart from making some tough psychological choices that's sure to test your humanity all the while questioning what HAPPINESS actually means. Hope to see a sequel for this in the future.
    If you guys love either of these games mentioned below, you will surely have a great time playing PSYCHO PASS mandatory happiness-
    1. Steins Gate
    2. Danganronpa series
    3. Xblaze series

Mixed or average reviews - based on 11 Critic Reviews

1. Dec 1, 2016
    What you have in Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness is an ugly-looking game with forgettable characters and a dull plot. I'm sure that if you're into the anime, you may have a slightly higher opinion of the game, but if you're not, there's no reason to even think about looking into it.
  2. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Nov 21, 2016
    A solid idea, but that's all. [Dec 2016, p.73]
  3. Nov 1, 2016
    Psycho Pass Mandatory Happiness is a nice game for anyone who likes Japanese visual novels or the Psycho Pass anime. The game doesn't require much input from the player and gets a bit repetitive sometimes, but the setting and story mostly make up for that.