Please enter your birth date to watch this video:
You are not allowed to view this material at this time.
The Swindle - Launch Trailer
Jan 16, 2017Having gotten this game via PS+ and not knowing anything about it, I had no clue what to expect. But it was a very pleasant surprise. GameHaving gotten this game via PS+ and not knowing anything about it, I had no clue what to expect. But it was a very pleasant surprise. Game works great on Vita and I love the artstyle, music and gameplay. I can highly recommend it to everyone.
Only thing that holds me back from giving it a 10 is a technical hickup where hacking multiple drones (option that becomes available later on) renders the game unplayable due to huge drops in performance. But this is only a minor issue, loved the game for the rest and when already multiple times through it.… Expand
Jan 9, 2016This game should be the next Spelunky phenomenon. It is a rougelike but with stealth mechanics and a unique limit on runs to reach the end.This game should be the next Spelunky phenomenon. It is a rougelike but with stealth mechanics and a unique limit on runs to reach the end. Beautiful Steampunk look. Runs excellent on Vita.… Expand
Feb 16, 2017Where to even begin with this game? The entire potential of The Swindle is marred by its massive amount of bugs and performance issues. TheWhere to even begin with this game? The entire potential of The Swindle is marred by its massive amount of bugs and performance issues. The game demands perfection and precision but then punishes the player when it is completely unable to maintain a reasonable level of performance. The game has very little depth and the levels are extremely small (most likely due to said issues),
I am fairly convinced that the positive reviews here either a) did not play this on the Vita or b) did not play past the first ~2 levels. If they had they would have realized the second half of this game is nigh unplayable. Here are just some of the major flaws of this game:
- any level past 3 has perpetual performance issues, causing the game to skip a multitude of frames and ignore inputs from the player, e.g. jumping
- crashes often (only vita game I've ever seen that does) which ends up removing a day from the game timer without giving the player any of the cash they earned
- collision detection is atrocious, including such gems as pulling the player to slide on walls above a ledge instead of landing on the ground, having attacks completely ignore enemies directly below the player (even though the attack covers at least half of the enemy sprite), or causing enemies and objects to be completely stuck in the terrain, unable to move
- enemies and their vision disappear the moment they exit the screen but will resume from the exact same spot they left off if the player moves that point back onto the screen, meaning if an enemy goes offscreen the player can move into where the enemy vision was without issue but instantly get spotted if the enemy is placed back on the screen
- enemies and objects do not collide and will cover each other, making it hard or impossible to discern where the hazards actually are (especially an issue in later levels)
These are just the most pressing of issues that this game has, which hopefully people can see is quite a lot. Even though this game was free on PSN it is still not worth picking up on the Vita (might be a different story on PS4).… Expand