Gran Turismo

Buy Now
Buy on

1. RobG.
    Oct 14, 2004
    A game you can just keep coming back to. A classic that I am proud to own!
  2. Dec 4, 2010
    The Best Game Ever? Not quite. But a very important one, nonetheless. I was too young to enjoy it when it first came out (I always lost), but five years later, and wow. I play it on my PSP even now. Anyone reading this probably all ready knows what to expect, so I won't ramble on. While the new generation systems have remarkable capabilities, every racing game after this one will stillThe Best Game Ever? Not quite. But a very important one, nonetheless. I was too young to enjoy it when it first came out (I always lost), but five years later, and wow. I play it on my PSP even now. Anyone reading this probably all ready knows what to expect, so I won't ramble on. While the new generation systems have remarkable capabilities, every racing game after this one will still have a hard time measuring up. Expand
  3. Mar 24, 2016
    Simply one of the best racing games of all time and one of the greatest legacies of Playstation (by not call the greatest, lol) Anyway, a great game for a great console..
  4. Jul 5, 2018
    The greatest race game of all time, did you imagine a game like this in those years! Of course not!
  5. Oct 8, 2014
    This game is my first game on playstation, i love it so much
    i have over 700 hours on it when i was just a 11 year old.
    This game is truly one of the best racing game i have ever played
    True score: 9.8
  6. Mar 13, 2017
    it was a good game for the ps one, the graphics, and gameplay are excellent, its also a hard game, it keeps you playing to improve and unlock new tracks
  7. May 29, 2012
    The racing game that set the standard for all the rest. Huge amount of cars and tracks for a PS game. Almost every modern racing game includes features that GT had back in 98.
  8. Jun 23, 2013
    A PlayStation Classic. A racing simulator that was very influential and perhaps one of the greatest (if not the greatest). There really was not a game at its time that was more realistic than Gran Turismo. This could easily be on a list of "The Greatest Video Games Ever".
  9. Oct 17, 2013
    Best race game ever for me! Nice soundtrack, graphics, cars, ehm, ALL IT´S AWESOME! I still listen to the soundtrack, the nostalgia of it directly sparkle, until now I'm playing on an emulator, and I think that bathe PS1 to play it.
  10. Oct 8, 2017
    19 years have past, i was 7 years old and i still remember my first lap on this game when my dad brought it home. Played the heck out of it as all of us who had this gem.

10/10 masterpiece.
  11. Nel
    Nov 29, 2016
    Spent countless of hours with this game as a kid, the game is really well done at makes you feel like you are driving ( at least when it came out) The game has several modes, and will take challenge you.
  12. Sep 14, 2016
    The BEST racing game EVER!! I Love it so much, for a start of this ultimate driving franchise! Hundreds of cars to use and more than 10 insanely competitive racing tracks to race in too.
  13. Jul 8, 2018
    Los gráficos del juego para la época era lo máximo, la variedad de coches, pistas y el tiempo era hermoso.
  14. Feb 23, 2020
    This game was pure revolution at its time. It pushed back the graphic boundaries. Controls were a kind of simulation on a game pad. And these soundtracks were the best of music at this time. Even today it's still a pleasure to watch the intro with the remix of "Manic Street Preachers - Everything Must Go" by the Chemical Brothers.
    Simply an incredible, revolutionary and historical game.
  15. Oct 14, 2018
    dis gam hav d first factor* so
    u cant repeat ur first experienc :/
    fluorescents cars n a flawles pixeled atmosfer-
    i dont like football but i enjoyed internacional superstarsoccer deluxe for megadrive
    in the same way GT scarred my memory even if I dont play a racing game again
  16. Jun 23, 2020
    No game is perfect, that is not why I gave this a 10/10. I gave this a 10/10 because there is no decimal option and I am forced to round up to the nearest whole.

This game was released at a time where simulation racing games were barely even a thing, let alone on consoles. Gran Turismo has influenced every other sim racing game going forward; with 140 cars, a good bit of tracks (11, not including reversed tracks), all cars behaving differently and most importantly, its graphics, this game is truly ahead of its time.

The Simulation and Arcade modes are a blast to play, and many, if not all cars are a joy to race and handle with. From luxury cars like Aston Martin, to JDMs from the likes of Mazda, Nissan, and Toyota, to the Muscle cars from the likes of Dodge and Chevrolet, there is something here for someone from any camp to enjoy. The attention to detail for many of the tracks is amazing, and sometimes a marvel of how any of this was possible on PlayStation.

Whenever I see someone argue how Gran Turismo as a whole was the worst racing game franchise and thinks that Forza, Assetto Corsa, Project Cars, or even more were leagues better every time a new Gran Turismo releases, I remind them of something. I remind them that those games were there to cash in on what Gran Turismo help popularize: Good old Sim-Racing fun. I will definitely admit that in many ways, they definitely are better than the likes of GT Sport, but that isn't the point of what people are saying.

If you think the franchise as a whole is bad, then I will not disagree, everyone has different tastes after all. But for me, this game is up there with the likes of Need for Speed Underground, Grand Theft Auto IV, and The Last of Us of being one of my all-time favorite games in general. This is a game I may forever come back to because it has such a great replay value.

CONCLUSION:
    In conclusion, most, if not, all ways, whether you like it or not, the first Gran Turismo revolutionized what would be considered simulation racing forever. You have to admit that this is a classic, one of the most revolutionary games out there. It has shaped what simulation racing games are, redefined some parts of the entire racing genre, and even set the stage for some of its competitors.

For those Forza fanboys reading this in disgust, let me leave you this: Without Gran Turismo, there would be no Forza.

9.98/10 - Nearly Perfect.
  17. Oct 2, 2020
    You can't really compare a racing game from 22 years ago with a modern one, because racing games tend to evolve, because of driving mechanics, realism, features, more cars, open world maps.
    BUT, if you can compare them influence-wise, Gran Turismo 1 is the best ever. The feeling you had when you played this at that time, will never be matched. Yes Forza Horizon is amazing but, you can't get the same feeling that you had with Gran Turismo 1 back then. I really wish for a remake with today's graphics... I could get a PS5 only for that
  18. Feb 6, 2020
    9/10 ..............................................................................................................................
  19. Mar 30, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ein wirklich gutes Spiel. Erklärt auch, dass es das meistverkaufte Spiel auf der PS1 ist. Ein Meisterwerk. Expand
  20. Jun 19, 2020
    El mejor juego de la epoca, se disfrutaba desde el principio y te daba sensacion de conduccion alucinante, este juego sorprendia desde el momento en el que lo comprabas y lo ponias para jugar, graficos sorprendentes para la epoca y demasiado intuitivo
  21. Jun 30, 2020
    Classic that became stable and brought the real driving sim genre to the players and playstation. Real cars, licences, memorable tunes and hours upon hours of fun. This game made even me, who is not a fan of racing games, appreciate and enjoy this genre. Keep your car clean, heat up your engine and aim for the gold!
  22. Jul 27, 2020
    One of the most iconic ps1 games imo. I spent countless hours in my teen years playing this game and its sequel. And my father is into cars so it was also a bonding experience. The cars and tracks, OST.. all astounding.
  23. Sep 15, 2020
    Gran Turismo on PlayStation is one of the most important games in video game history. It did set the standard for probably every racing game that followed. Revolutionary in every aspect at its time and even today worth coming back to. This game is almost perfect!
  24. Dec 9, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. O Melhor jogo de corrida de todos os tempos, gráficos, número de veículos disponíveis e jogabilidade são incríveis. Expand
  25. Dec 9, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Um dos melhores jogos de corrida de todos os tempos, sendo primordial em todos os aspectos Expand
  26. Apr 28, 2021
    Man we had a ton of fun with this game back in the day and in my opinion the original gran turismo is the best and most influential racing game ever. It just has everything you want from a racing game.
  27. Mar 3, 2021
    En su época una revolución integral, nunca jamás se había visto nada igual. Fue alabado hasta por los que nunca les gustaron los coches. Una personalización enorme para la época, muy buenos graficos, melodias que más quisieran los Gran Turismos nuevos... Carreras niveladas y justas. Fue muy buen juego en todos los sentidos, aunque Gran turismo 2 fue mejor al pulir y añadir más contenidoEn su época una revolución integral, nunca jamás se había visto nada igual. Fue alabado hasta por los que nunca les gustaron los coches. Una personalización enorme para la época, muy buenos graficos, melodias que más quisieran los Gran Turismos nuevos... Carreras niveladas y justas. Fue muy buen juego en todos los sentidos, aunque Gran turismo 2 fue mejor al pulir y añadir más contenido este fue el que inició todo y se merece un 10 aún habiendo tenido menos contenido tiene el plus de ser anterior a Gran Turismo 2. Expand
  28. Jun 8, 2021
    A true technical showcase for the PS1. It's a near perfect game for it's time, and is still great today, but if I want to play a racing sim from the time, Sega GT would be my go-to.
  29. MaxZ.
    Jul 26, 2003
    I love it so much.
  30. MikeM.
    Apr 25, 2004
    I've had this game for a few years and I can't stop playing it.

#8 Most Discussed PS1 Game of 1998
#1 Most Shared PS1 Game of 1998

Universal acclaim - based on 16 Critic Reviews

1. GMR Magazine
    The replays had some of us doing double-takes to make sure we weren't watching real race footage. [Feb 2003, p.97]
  2. If you can get past its slightly intimidating barrier to entry (getting your license to race in this game is trickier than the real thing), you'll play Gran Turismo for months and months and never see all of its glory. This is a classic.
  3. Picture the most complete racer you could ever imagine, now double it. Gran Turismo is definitely the best racing game ever.