• Publisher: Konami

Buy Now
Buy on

1. NakorTheBlueRider
    Sep 12, 2002
    I would say it's one of the best games out there......just that the top end cards are very close to impossible to get.
  2. JaekR.
    Sep 24, 2002
    It is awesome!!!!!!
  3. BruceC.
    Sep 26, 2002
    This game is by far the best game i've played in a long time. Its challenging and fun i enjoy playin this game for days on end.
  4. KyleW.
    Sep 29, 2002
    If you play this game and don't figure it out keep playing and don't get frustrated because at the end when you get it is all worth it.
  5. MichaelL.
    Jan 14, 2003
    This game ROCKS!!!!!!! I can dark elf for 160 star chips.
  6. Jokerman
    Jan 16, 2003
    There is no better card game. Look if you wish but you wont find it! JoKeR
  7. Logan
    Nov 20, 2004
    This game is very fun. I have a lot of good cards. The only thing i hate about this game is 999,999 starchips.
  8. ClarkK.
    Oct 13, 2004
    Good to play for about an hour a day or2. Is duelest of the roses any good.
  9. BestDuelist
    Apr 23, 2004
    This game rocks but its hard to get 99999999 starchips without a cheat oh! and the graphics are ok.
  10. JasonS.
    Jun 11, 2004
    I know how to get infinity starchips and i rekon this game is KOOL.
  11. KahlilG.
    Jul 29, 2004
    I think this is the coolest yu-gi-oh game ever made.I am where the labrinth mage is. I'm about to beat the whole game.Who ever thinks this game is stupid,i disagree with them.I love playing this game.I am going to keep this game forever.
  12. MeteorBlackDragon
    Oct 27, 2005
    This game is quite fancy.......very good graphics.... OK, all people might be asking where to get good cards, especially to people who are fighting NiteMare, DarkNite, Seto 3rd, Heishin 2nd, High Mage Kepura, Labyrinth mages, Neku, and his accompany.... Tips.... To get good cards: TRY BATTLING THE LOW MEADOW MAGE he gives good cards such as: Dark Magician (2500/2100)=mercury, mars Skull This game is quite fancy.......very good graphics.... OK, all people might be asking where to get good cards, especially to people who are fighting NiteMare, DarkNite, Seto 3rd, Heishin 2nd, High Mage Kepura, Labyrinth mages, Neku, and his accompany.... Tips.... To get good cards: TRY BATTLING THE LOW MEADOW MAGE he gives good cards such as: Dark Magician (2500/2100)=mercury, mars Skull Knight (2650/2250)=mercury, mars Gaia The Fierce Knight... (2300/2100)=mercury, jupiter and lastly... METEOR BLACK DRAGON (3500/2000)=mars, sun believe me...he give good cards! to get the ultimate equip, battle pegasus for this: the MEGAMORPH (+1000, atk:def), try getting an S, Tech rank. That's all i can give. Thanks! Expand
  13. JesseK.
    Dec 8, 2005
    this game is really fun ive arety got meter black dragon , dark migion and skull night from the high mage i think i will give the game a 10.
  14. DWG²Inc.
    Nov 13, 2002
    Well the whole gameplay is good except for the the password mode which is useless! All the good cards cost infinite star chips, which make it imposible to buy them!
  15. WirenutN.
    Dec 19, 2002
    Critics suck!
  16. RaymondL.
    Dec 27, 2002
    This game is awesome though it is too difficult to polymerize the cards together...may someone help me out? give me a site to follow...critics just look at the game for its beginning story and do not continue on because they are dumb...this game is one of a kind.
  17. NicholasN.
    Nov 26, 2004
    I love the game,if you want to play for ten min. you can. you you don't have to beat dozens of people to get to a save point,but the game has some length to it. I have had the game for a year and have beet it twice with no cheats, and no stars chips, but can some one tell me what the secert codes for at the end?
  18. Apr 14, 2020
    Played on PlayStation.
    Gameplay: GREAT.
    Story: GOOD.
    Graphic: GREAT.
    Music/Sound: GREAT.
    Dialogue: GOOD.
  19. Jan 16, 2013
    This game brings back so many memories. I had so much fun with this game; it was a blast. However, the game didn't follow the traditional rules because at the time it was released TCG rules were just being established. Had it been released maybe a year later with those rules in place, I bet it'd be the most Yu-Gi-OH! game ever made. The battles were a litte weird in that you couldn'tThis game brings back so many memories. I had so much fun with this game; it was a blast. However, the game didn't follow the traditional rules because at the time it was released TCG rules were just being established. Had it been released maybe a year later with those rules in place, I bet it'd be the most Yu-Gi-OH! game ever made. The battles were a litte weird in that you couldn't control when Trap cards were activated, A.I. was predictable, the Spoils system made no sense whatsoever and buying cards was pointless because any card of real worth costed a number of Starchips almost impossible to obtain.

If you love Yu-Gi-Oh!, this is a game for you. I'd also say it's a good game to get you into Yu-Gi-Oh! (along with the cartoon show) if you know nothing about it.
  20. Oct 25, 2013
    Amazing game! Hugely nostalgic for me(my third ps1 game), Yugioh Forbidden Memories remains one of my favorite ps1 games of all time. Amazing sound, gameplay, prize-reward system, campaign, free duels, cards, fusions, and most especially: lasting power. I have played this game for years and restart on one of my memory cards a bunch just to have the challenge and fun start again. Great Game!
  21. Mar 12, 2014
    This game can be very difficult and each duel is mainly down to getting the right cards at the start. Plenty of grinding is required, but i found it strangely addicting.
  22. Jul 22, 2015
    Dont listen to what the reviewers are saying back then or now on Youtube. This game is wrongly measured because the fact is with this Game the Yu Gi Oh franchise actually started not with the card game or the anime series but the Japanese Version released in 1999 which later came to the West in 2002 when all the other stuff with Yu Gi Oh on it was allready out.
  23. Jan 23, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I know this sounds weird but i loved this game its **** amazing and i thinck should be played by more. An amazing card gamer. i found it confusing but it was still fun to me Expand
  24. Jul 8, 2018
    Como fan de la saga me gusto mucho, aunque nunca lo llegue a entender lo del fondo negro.
  25. Nov 13, 2018
    This is really a great game, there is so much to love about it, must play for sure!
  26. Sep 3, 2020
    A game I've spent literally hundreds of hours playing. Fighting the Meadow sage's underling 500 times so I could grind up the rarer cards from him like Skull servant & Dark Magician.

Eventually realizing I can cheese the game with the power of 3 memory cards & duplicating my saves, then trading over my best stuff to my main save. I guess that's why they call it "forbidden memories."

I guess that's why they call it "forbidden memories."

Graphics were fantastic when you consider the time. Think about this. They had thousands of monsters in the game. All animated with multiple attack animations. A game programmed & developed between 1997-1999 had more detailed animations for their sprites than a Pokemon game made in modern times. A Yu-Gi-Oh game that was probably made on a shoe string budget had more effort put in making a game with real animations than some multi-billion dollar company does now.
    Just let that sink in!

Game is nothing like the real Yu-Gi-Oh game. Imagine my surprise as a 11 year old boy in 2002 walking into Ridgemar mall for the Yu-Gi-Oh tournament, only to find that I have absolutely no clue how to play the real game.
    Let me tell you, that was quite the embarrassing experience!

Overall, I give the game a 10 if you want a fun game that isn't anything like Yu-Gi-Oh but shares the images of what Yu-Gi-Oh is.

I would not recommend the game if you're expecting a game like the old GBA games or the game that's out on the switch now.

Still gets a 10 from me!

Mixed or average reviews - based on 6 Critic Reviews

1. Modern TCG fans will probably either love it for being simple and different, or hate it for being old and unlike the current game.
  2. Daunting difficulty and narrow appeal...There are teeth of mine I'd pull with a pair of pliers rather than play this card game ever again.
  3. I would ultimately recommend this for either someone who has played the card game before or someone who has a lot of time to go through and write down or memorize the card combos and fusion results, since everything is trial and error.