8.4

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Nov 3, 2017
    Aki's last ever licensed game before retiring from the gaming industry.

A really impressive spinoff of a beloved game and port for the PSP. I love this game. I beat it three times. The graphics are exactly the same as the other ports of Fight For New York just watered down. The soundtrack is THE best rap soundtrack in a licensed fighting game ever. The sound and sound design like the
    Aki's last ever licensed game before retiring from the gaming industry.

The graphics are exactly the same as the other ports of Fight For New York just watered down. The soundtrack is THE best rap soundtrack in a licensed fighting game ever. The sound and sound design like the other ports are superb, brutal and satisfying to listen to. The voice acting is fantastic too.

The gameplay is essentially the same as Fight For New York but with new additions such as pre match beatdowns, pre danger knockouts with blazin move, environment reversals, new fighting styles, a mount mechanic, mount reversal, dazed clinch punches and throwing sand and dirt into the opponents face.

Another mechanic added to the game is the Crew Wars in Story Mode in which you can recruit up to 15 fighters and select one fighter to attack a property in any of the five territories and earn rewards.

The story is a prequel to Fight For New York, it's non-linear and is presented by text messages and only 4 comic book styled cutscenes which play at specific points unlike Fight For New York in which you follow a path to defeat Crow and become King of New York and is presented with movie styled cutscenes.

The customization system is amazing.

We also get four new arenas: Terminal Overload, Dead End, Barge and Bunker and they are fun to brawl in. Jervis and Starks now have Blazin yells.

The Inferno Match, Free for All Match and Tag Team match types were removed. Suspect, Blaze, D-Mob and Sticky Fingaz costumes, DJ Enuff and DJ Felli Fell commentary, Blazin themes and loading screen music were also removed because of memory limitations.

There are also many mistakes in the game such as Redman having Blaze's Blazin yell, Magic having Nyne's Blazing yell and Santos using the Let's Dance Blazin' instead of the Filipino Pride. These mistakes could have easily been fixed.

A thing I found disappointing is that the Free for All and Tag Team matches were not included as they probably weren't able to implement these matches because of the PSP's capabilities.

The only things that held the game back was that story mode was too short and match types were removed. The game is still so flawless that you can easily ignore this.

Overall a perfect game from Aki Corporation and a great way to retire.
  2. JamesH.
    Sep 29, 2006
    I think its a great game but it did not suprise me. If you need a PSP fighting game, get it.
  3. JohnY
    Aug 10, 2008
    If you're a fan of defjam vendetta or defjam fight for ny on the ps2 then you'll love this too. Almost a flawless game. I've beaten 4 times. The only thing bad about it is it has the worst dialogue in between battles that i have ever seen in a game. It sounds like a bunch of white writers trying to be "gangsta". For an m-rated game the worst language used between the If you're a fan of defjam vendetta or defjam fight for ny on the ps2 then you'll love this too. Almost a flawless game. I've beaten 4 times. The only thing bad about it is it has the worst dialogue in between battles that i have ever seen in a game. It sounds like a bunch of white writers trying to be "gangsta". For an m-rated game the worst language used between the fighters is "punk" "sucka" and "chump". Just to name a few. If you can step past that, this is an amazing game worth getting. Expand
  4. DavidB.
    Sep 28, 2006
    I have spent half of my teenage years playing Wrestlemania 2000 on N64. This takes me back to the old days, minus the high flying capabilities. AND it's portable! Pure gold, although the storyline is a bit cheesy.
  5. Aug 27, 2012
    First, I am not really a fan of 3D Fighting games. But this is special, I can create my own character with the right 5 Fighting styles combinations. If you get it correctly you will be able to create character that has speed, power of grappling skills & submissions. This is something that others fighting games do not have. Besides the hip hop-influenced 3D games and bad dialogues,First, I am not really a fan of 3D Fighting games. But this is special, I can create my own character with the right 5 Fighting styles combinations. If you get it correctly you will be able to create character that has speed, power of grappling skills & submissions. This is something that others fighting games do not have. Besides the hip hop-influenced 3D games and bad dialogues, everything else are great and keep you long hours of enjoyment. What a pitty no more new version from this series. I just hope that Capcom can learn from here in producing the newly 2D fighting games using the newly improve super street fighter 4 Engine in future. Expand
  6. Jul 22, 2022
    Este es sin duda alguna uno de los mejores juegos q juge en mi vida y eso q ni siquiera me gustaron los juegos de pelea pero este es una excepción me encanto por las ideas y originalidad q traía poder personalizar tu personaje con un amplio sistema de customización elegir el tipo de pelea hace q tu personaje sea único la historia no la entendi no hay sustancia en la trama pero el juegos deEste es sin duda alguna uno de los mejores juegos q juge en mi vida y eso q ni siquiera me gustaron los juegos de pelea pero este es una excepción me encanto por las ideas y originalidad q traía poder personalizar tu personaje con un amplio sistema de customización elegir el tipo de pelea hace q tu personaje sea único la historia no la entendi no hay sustancia en la trama pero el juegos de pelea nadie le presta atención a eso PERO me da igual un buen juego q me alegra haberlo conocido Expand

#46 Most Discussed PSP Game of 2006
#9 Most Shared PSP Game of 2006

Generally favorable reviews - based on 25 Critic Reviews

1. Electronic Gaming Monthly
    Like so many PS2-PSP ports, you won't find much compelling new content, either. [July 2006, p.93]
  2. Game Informer
    Hip-hop moves fast, and Def Jam seems to have lost its cutting-edge appeal. [Aug 2006, p.93]
  3. Official Playstation 2 Magazine UK
    A versatile and immersive fighter packed with individual characters, top tunes, and bone-breaking aplenty. [Aug 2006, p.98]