7.9

1. MeowZ.
    Dec 28, 2006
    Very good game, campain mode has a good story line, you have a nice selection of weapons, and the EA multiplayer is very fun. The only bad thing were the controls, which I changed to elite and it is much easier.
  2. donovandahl
    Jun 5, 2009
    There were spot where if u didnt know whut u were doin u would die alot i have spent almost 3 days on one mission but other than that i like it i cant stop playin it kuz i want to beat that one level and see wut happens next
  3. FecalP.
    Mar 21, 2007
    Medal of honor heroes is great if you
  4. chrisf
    Jun 30, 2007
    Excellent game-play with slick graphics, sound, mission briefings and intro videos that all gel together to give an authentic atmosphere. My only criticism is the fact that unlike on other platforms the game lack variation. You never drive vehicles or man any in game items and the missions are all pretty similar.
  5. TomS.
    Jun 4, 2007
    I brought this game on a whim beliving that a FPS on the psp wouldn't be any good! thankfully i was mistaken, although the game does have so faults the overall game play was rather good! for hardcore gamers this branch of MOH is quite easy with levels being roughly the same as other HOH games. I founds this game to be a nice soild,clean adventure a game that evryone should at least I brought this game on a whim beliving that a FPS on the psp wouldn't be any good! thankfully i was mistaken, although the game does have so faults the overall game play was rather good! for hardcore gamers this branch of MOH is quite easy with levels being roughly the same as other HOH games. I founds this game to be a nice soild,clean adventure a game that evryone should at least have a go on. Expand
  6. kevint
    Aug 25, 2008
    this Game is the best FPS for the PSP, so why did MOHH make it so great? -they include 3 gamemode you can choose: SP CAMPAIGN, where you can play as the same character you know from the classic MOH game SKIRMISH, where you can play with bots if you don't have internet or lost connection and take days or weeks or a month to get fix, or its good for practice. MULTIPLAYER, First FPS this Game is the best FPS for the PSP, so why did MOHH make it so great? -they include 3 gamemode you can choose: SP CAMPAIGN, where you can play as the same character you know from the classic MOH game SKIRMISH, where you can play with bots if you don't have internet or lost connection and take days or weeks or a month to get fix, or its good for practice. MULTIPLAYER, First FPS game online for the PSP with up to 32 player, its going to be hell lot of fun. there are few negative in this game is that the AI isnt all that great, sometime you're squad gets in you're way, it could be annoying for sometime, sometime the enemy just stand in the open instead of taking cover but they could still kill you. OVERALL MEDAL OF HONOR HEROES is a best game on the PSP, I know this series is downfall by most people or critic I heard, and some moron from EA decide to abandon WWII and went to modern like INFINITY WARD did in CALL OF DUTY 4 MODERN WARFARE which was an stupid idea they made) so pick it up if you don't have a chance to buy it. PRESENTATION: 9.5/10 EA did promise for a online MP with up to 32 which is nice, the downside is that there's no voice chat or keyboard support to talk to you buddy online because this is a small port system. STORY: 8.7/10 with some nice history cutscene and some good briefing, the SP is worth it, sadly the story is pretty short, and would have been better to create a character and talks about them instead of one man soldier. GRAPHIC: 9/10 the texture looks great and the model looks excellent, envirement and visual are great on PSP, but the some of the texture are kinda blurry SOUND: 10/10 the music is really awesome on main menu, the tommy gun sound really good, including the other. GAMEPLAY: 10/10 the control works really good on the PSP, you going to have hell lot of fun killing Nazi with you're tommy gun blazing. MULTIPLAYER is a blast. LAST APPEAL 9.7/10 despite the short campaign and lack of communication support such as VOICE CHAT and KEYBOARD, its still lot fun without it. Expand
  7. KarenS.
    Oct 22, 2006
    This game has made me addictied to it, and I love it!
  8. johnsparrow
    Oct 22, 2006
    that game sucked the grapichs where ok but the controls where hard to learn. the sound was boing
  9. RK22LifeK.
    Dec 20, 2006
    This is a great game!! The best online game on the psp, with 32 players! Owesomeee
  10. Bobbycaulfman
    Oct 22, 2006
    Best game in the world! Especially with 32 person online play!
  11. TommyV.
    Oct 22, 2006
    This is the best FPS game I've played ever! It is even better the Call of Duty 2! I play this game 24 hours a day. I think it is great!
  12. FegM.
    Oct 22, 2006
    I love Medal of Honor! Portable!
  13. BillH.
    Oct 25, 2006
    Already finished it in one day. Average graphics, average gameplay, average sound...just average really. Multiplayer is the saving grace.
  14. Feb 5, 2012
    The games was great! Even thought EA shutdown the servers! It just looked great! But if the multiplayer didn't shutdown then I would rate a 10. Anyways, the game has campaign, skimish, and multiplayer of course. Campaign is good but I liked the Call of Duty Roads to Victory campaign better. Skimish is like online multiplayer but computer control which Roads to Victory doesn't have as wellThe games was great! Even thought EA shutdown the servers! It just looked great! But if the multiplayer didn't shutdown then I would rate a 10. Anyways, the game has campaign, skimish, and multiplayer of course. Campaign is good but I liked the Call of Duty Roads to Victory campaign better. Skimish is like online multiplayer but computer control which Roads to Victory doesn't have as well as online multiplayer (which I told you got shutdown by ea). But I think Medal of Honor is better than Roads to Victory! Gameplay: 9.5
    Sound: 8.2
    Graphics: 8.6
    Design: 9.5 Overall: 9.1
  15. Apr 12, 2012
    Even now, when all the online servers are off, it is still a wonderful game. You can play with 15 bots on any multiplayer map. Also, a singleplayer is a nice addition, but it almost the same multiplayer.
  16. Jan 6, 2013
    Look past the tiresome graphics, repetitive story missions and you'll see one of the best first person shooter on the PSP. Unfortunately when you review a game you need to review it as a package and so we can't forget it. Skirmish mode is a massive draw here. Difficulty here is a massive problem here(too easy). Story is great here. Graphics are **** here. Shooting has never been so goodLook past the tiresome graphics, repetitive story missions and you'll see one of the best first person shooter on the PSP. Unfortunately when you review a game you need to review it as a package and so we can't forget it. Skirmish mode is a massive draw here. Difficulty here is a massive problem here(too easy). Story is great here. Graphics are **** here. Shooting has never been so good here. A good game here. Expand
  17. Mar 12, 2018
    I'll be honest, I didn't expect too much from Medal of Honor: Heroes, given its PSP exclusivity, a system which isn't highly renowned for its library of first person shooters. I expected both a sub-par MoH and a sub-par FPS experience all the same, given the limited rendering capabilities of the system, as well as its limited available inputs, compared to a typical controller.

Despite

Despite all of this, I'm glad went and gave it a go, because considering the PSP's limitations, Medal of Honor: Heroes is a very solid FPS, which utilises the control scheme of the PSP rather well, looks decent (but not groundbreaking, even for the PSP), sounds good (especially the opening music theme) and feels satisfying gameplay-wise. I can't comment on the multiplayer aspect, which, as of March 2018, I'm certain is totally inactive, but regarding single-player content, for a portable title, there is enough to do. Heroes has a campaign which takes you through 3 operations, in Italy, the Netherlands and Belgium, which is standard of previous MoH games, but is relatively short, and not too deep. You can get through it in a few hours. There's a Skirmish mode also, allowing you to play a Deathmatch against a user-defined number of bots on any of the maps unlocked by reaching specific missions in the campaign, which is good fun for killing time on the go.

My only major gripe with the game is the unconventional controls, which in themselves I can't be too critical, since it makes the best out of the limited button scheme of the PSP. But things like moving and reloading, which is mapped to the left d-button, can become uncomfortable in prolonged play session. But, aside from that, as a Medal of Honor game, it's alright, but as a portable FPS, it's probably the best you can get on the system.

Verdict: If you have a PSP, and are looking for a decent FPS on the system, this is a great start! Plus, the game shouldn't be too expensive, maybe €5, so give it a go!
  18. Dec 2, 2017
    Medal of Honor is largely a series where the actual quality is severely blurred by nostalgia - after all it's an important part of FPS history and full of memorable terrifically scored triumphs.

I'll make a bold claim, that only a few of the MoH games are terribly good, or still hold up today. Chief among those few is European Assault, a game that harmoniously blends the cinematic grandeur of the previous installments with open non-linear battlefields; implements innovative mechanics like aim tilt that compliment the slower pace of gunplay and masterfully balances full mission failure with a careful offering of resources and tools (squad management, adrenaline, medkits, revives etc..) all while packing in satisfying action, success reward and diverse objectives.

I say this because Medal of Honor Heroes, while one of a handful of games that seems to reuse at least some of the assets from European Assault, is probably the most like it in the best ways - but it's also a 'fun sized' iteration of the formula, scaled back in many considerable ways.

Perhaps the reason it's as good as it is has something to do with being an exclusive, the implication being a more than modest developer effort.

First off, considering the size of the maps the textures and geometry hold up remarkably well. Gun models look excellent through iron sights, art direction is stellar, huge numbers of enemies populate the environments and explosions occur with no hitch in performance.

Next... while missions are short, and relegated to 3 relatively brief campaigns (featuring reoccuring franchise protagonists) and laid out not totally unlike objective based deathmatches - they are certainly fun, engaging, challenging and pack a punch. Maps are open after all, with the order you approach tasks, secondary and primary being up to you entirely. Prepare to be assaulted from multiple directions if you make any footholds.

Squadplay is partially intact, interaction is limited probably because of limited inputs but they are there, (which is great) and can both kill and be killed. They'll tail you haphazardly however and putting your allies in harm's way means for the most part tackling the mission on your own afterward. Missions are shorter though, generally 5-15 minutes so the absence of revives, checkpoints, adrenaline mode and heavy squad interaction aren't really consequential and make it all the more rewarding in a smaller package.

Aim tilting is intact, and ammo is scarce enough to promote improvisation, variety and careful use. There are random health drops but personal medkits are limited so skilled progression through a map is monumental.

Separate from the campaign is a wonderful skirmish mode where you are free to orchestrate offline free for alls, choose your loadout, outfit and dial the number of bots up to 16.

It's less theatrical than its big home console brother releases, but that's to be expected. There are some black and white cutscenes and light narration to help pace the single player along. Multiplayer is no longer playable, but was great for its time. Controls are excellent. Mission ranking and stat tracking add a lot replayability.

A great package overall and probably the best FPS on a console where developers infamously struggled to make shooters work.

#10 Most Discussed PSP Game of 2006
#22 Most Shared PSP Game of 2006

1. It’s a retread of familiar territory in every way, such that a game like this five years ago would have had me reeling, but now leaves me feeling flat.
  2. Medal of Honor Heroes proves that a good, albeit extremely short, first-person shooter can be done on the PSP.
  3. A solid if not heavily flawed title with the best online capabilities of any PSP title to date. So if you can get past the controls and the pacing this might be an ok purchase for you.