7.8

1. JimB.
    Nov 12, 2007
    I find it odd that people are complaining about the graphics, I suspect people are losing sight of the fact it is a PSP game, and not a 360 title! I think it is not bad at all for a handheld title. Cool story (and graphical style to the story sequences) and plenty of muliplayer options for those who play online. Way, way better than BFII for PSP.
  2. KamelP.
    Oct 10, 2007
    Finally a good reason to buy a PSP. The game works so well on a portable. I can just pick up and play an instant action game without having to wait for cutscenes or anything. Fun.
  3. DarthFilth
    Oct 12, 2007
    This game is fantastic! So much better than the first one.
  4. JonathanG.
    Oct 31, 2007
    This game has better controls than batllfront 2 on the psp you use look on insreading of aiming.At first i thought that the fact that it has lock on that it might take the skill out of it but it really doesnt. Although some time the lock on does have problems it works out fine. The new controls make the gameplay a little different. It runs pretty smoothly with the ocassional problem where This game has better controls than batllfront 2 on the psp you use look on insreading of aiming.At first i thought that the fact that it has lock on that it might take the skill out of it but it really doesnt. Although some time the lock on does have problems it works out fine. The new controls make the gameplay a little different. It runs pretty smoothly with the ocassional problem where there is no sound for like a second while you are playing but it doesnt stop your gameplay. The campaign was a short which is to be expected from a battlefront game. I did like the Galactic conquest though i like it better than the other battlefront games' galactic conquest. You can customize more things than in the other games. I love the fact that you can choose what kind of weapons you can have you can finally have like a rifle and a rocket luancher at the same time. This was a good game well needed for psp owners. Expand
  5. Evan
    Oct 4, 2008
    This is a rather impressive game. I got it used for $13 so the expectations were quite low but i was impressed. The campaign is short, but entertaining. The conquest was, to be honest, I couldn't tell you cause I'm hooked with the online battles. I felt that playing through the normal difficulty with the lock on targeting system was a bit easy, but playing it again in elite is This is a rather impressive game. I got it used for $13 so the expectations were quite low but i was impressed. The campaign is short, but entertaining. The conquest was, to be honest, I couldn't tell you cause I'm hooked with the online battles. I felt that playing through the normal difficulty with the lock on targeting system was a bit easy, but playing it again in elite is much more difficult. To those that say this system takes the skill out of the game, you probably haven't played online. Whats great about online battles is that it doesn't matter how good you are (within reason) it is always challenging. A great pick up and play game, if you have easy wi-fi access. The only downside is the short campaign. Don't give up on this title until you have played online!! Expand
  6. RoyalT.
    Nov 20, 2007
    Absolutely awesome! 1 day in and I'm hooked, great gameplay, just need to practice so I don't keep getting anihilated in the wi-fi matches!
  7. DesmondH.
    Dec 2, 2007
    Great game, better than the original.
  8. Nov 9, 2011
    This game consumed hours of my time. It is so fun to go against enemies from star wars and simply shoot them. Better yet, being a jedi and slicing everybody with a lightsaber!
  9. Jan 13, 2012
    "Star Wars Battlefront:Renegade Squadron" for the Playstation Portible is not about graphics ,but much much more.In fact ,I give this game 5/5 stars given the fact that it provided me with fun missions.I found it odd that other gamers say that this game sucks.But to me,it doesn't.

Great Job LucasArts!
  10. Apr 12, 2012
    The main part is multiplayer. That why the game has been built. And has been biult fantastic. It really delivers. 10 for multiplayer. 5 for singleplayer.
  11. Nov 28, 2012
    This is a very solid PSP game packed with tons of value. There is a single player campaign which can be bland at times but is still interesting, online multiplayer and galactic conquest. The single player missions involve fighting with an army against another army for control of capture points around a Star Wars map. The more you hold the faster your enemies reinforcement tickets countThis is a very solid PSP game packed with tons of value. There is a single player campaign which can be bland at times but is still interesting, online multiplayer and galactic conquest. The single player missions involve fighting with an army against another army for control of capture points around a Star Wars map. The more you hold the faster your enemies reinforcement tickets count down, first team to run out of them loses. This is a great mix of action and strategy. You can customize the loadouts of your player depending on your mood and needs. want to be annoying? use a jetpack to flit around the map. Need to bring down a walker? make your primary weapon a rocket launcher. Or you can settle for a regular blaster rifle but instead gain more powerful shields or the ability to capture control points faster. This battlefront gives players the highest level of customization of any Star Wars Battlefront ever. The space battles also have their charms, you can bring down enemy ships by hitting thier many weak points with torpedoes or fly into thier hangar and bring them down from within. The online was fun and adds depth and replayability to the game. The conquest mode is like a game of space Risk where you have to actually play out a single player battle first in space then on the ground to capture an area.This game did have some drawbacks. The controls are not natural at first but you get used to them and the story is lame and does not add much to the Star Wars canon, This game is in my opinion one of the fullest packages ever crammed into a UMD and will provide hours of entertainment. Expand
  12. Jul 15, 2013
    When I first got the game I thought it would suck. I was wrong.

It is awesome! I probably have 100s of hours on it by now. I've played every map every way and am still finding places to hide! The only downside to it is-

1. Not challenging enough AI

2. No people on multiplayer

3. No DLC or extra maps

Other than that 8/10!!!
  13. Jul 9, 2016
    A decent instalment in the Battlefront series. While not on par with the PS2 outings, the game offers an enjoyable on the go experience. The space battles are an improvement from the ones in Battlefront 2 on PSP. The game abandons the class system present in the previous titles. Instead, you can customise your character 's appearance and weapon load out.

#7 Most Discussed PSP Game of 2007
#42 Most Shared PSP Game of 2007

Mixed or average reviews - based on 35 Critic Reviews

1. Electronic Gaming Monthly
    But while multiplayer rocks, the appeal of the campaign and character customization lasts about as long as Darth Maul's screen time. [Nov 2007, p.122]
  2. PSM Magazine
    The mulitplayer is simply outstanding. [Nov 2007, p.83]
    Is it perfect? No, not by a long shot, but the blah graphics and love-it or hate-it gameplay are overshadowed by the customization options, extensive online modes and the satisfaction that comes from taking out an AT-AT while on foot.