8.0

1. Dec 5, 2019
    An absolutely brilliant port of an absolutely brilliant game! I've already platinumed this on both PC and PS4, and after seeing how good this looked on Switch several weeks ago, I went ahead on my first triple-dipped game ever. I'm a few hours in now, just past the first real encounter with the Alien, and I am impressed. The game runs very smoothly, and looks...remarkable. This is due toAn absolutely brilliant port of an absolutely brilliant game! I've already platinumed this on both PC and PS4, and after seeing how good this looked on Switch several weeks ago, I went ahead on my first triple-dipped game ever. I'm a few hours in now, just past the first real encounter with the Alien, and I am impressed. The game runs very smoothly, and looks...remarkable. This is due to Feral's smart implementation of Temporal Anti-aliasing, which the game's original devs, Creative Assembly, opted to forgo. This essentially eliminates the unsightly pixel shimmer that plagued all previous versions of the game, even the mighty PC version(without the Alias Isolation mod) didn't look this pretty. If you own a Switch, do yourself a favor and get this game. It's a great value in that it comes with all the DLC already unlocked, and a great showcase for what the Switch is capable of. Expand
  2. Dec 5, 2019
    A masterpiece of visuals and sound design, even by today's standards. A game that dared to go outside the boilerplate FPS formula and try something new, and it succeeded. In this game, you don't kill the alien, you survive it. At no point are you able to feel comfortable in this game. Every level and every moment is tense and full of surprises. No other game in this genre has the depth andA masterpiece of visuals and sound design, even by today's standards. A game that dared to go outside the boilerplate FPS formula and try something new, and it succeeded. In this game, you don't kill the alien, you survive it. At no point are you able to feel comfortable in this game. Every level and every moment is tense and full of surprises. No other game in this genre has the depth and vision of this title. Resident Evil 2 remake comes close, but even that game copied this game in some respects. Which is fine, because the bar was set high by it.

Yes, the game is long. Maybe too long, but c'mon, are we really going to criticize getting too much of a good thing? Some critics make this an issue, but let's get over that. It's a ton of game time for the price.
  3. Dec 6, 2019
    I have never written a Metacritic user review before but I absolutely must for this game. It is far and away, easily the best stealth horror game ever made and in my top 10 games of all time going back to the 1980's. The Switch version is remarkable, with motion aiming, HD rumble and generally upgraded visuals compared to previous console releases. It's an absolute must buy.I have never written a Metacritic user review before but I absolutely must for this game. It is far and away, easily the best stealth horror game ever made and in my top 10 games of all time going back to the 1980's. The Switch version is remarkable, with motion aiming, HD rumble and generally upgraded visuals compared to previous console releases. It's an absolute must buy. Superb........the reason I love gaming. Buy this game!!! Expand
  4. Dec 6, 2019
    Now this is how you do a port!

Now this is how you do a port!

It honestly looks better on the Switch than on the the Xbox or PlayStation (which IGN confirmed) because both of those consoles make the game have a slightly more ‘shimmery’ aesthetic. The switch version honestly runs fantastic, only noticeable difference I’ve seen is in some smoke effects, and the lighting is slightly worse. Other than that, it’s amazing and a perfect 10/10!
  5. Dec 8, 2019
    Is one of the best horror games I ever played. Tension, stress, horror. Very good game. Great graphics. Great sound.
  6. Dec 9, 2019
    Um prato cheio para todo fã de games de terror. Além de apresentar uma história bem contada, a gameplay oferece excelentes momentos de tensão, acompanhado pela alta qualidade da inteligência artificial do Alien.
  7. Dec 11, 2019
    Mixed feelings. The xenomorph cheats all the time and he gets teletransported. Also, he seems to know every time you came out of a hiding place. Just try in your radar. This is artificially made to create tension, but after a while it gets annoying and the magic just breaks, ruining the experience. On the other hand, the desing, the sound and the overall ambience it´s outstanding.
  8. Dec 11, 2019
    As a survival horror game, this is a good game, bur is impressive that the game looks equal or even better that the PS4 version, the only significant technical difference is in the cut scenes that is PS4 it looks better, but the rest of the games looks impressive
    Another plus for the game is that come with all 3 DLC, i think that in PlayStation Store you can find only 1 DLC, the rest are no longer available, so this version so far is the more complete version of the game along side with the PS4 complete edition (for now available only in digital)
  9. Dec 8, 2019
    best horror games on PS4 انصح فيها . افضل لعبة رعب على بلايستيشن 4
  10. Dec 11, 2019
    Bone chilling and amazing continuation to the story itself. Love the idea of her daughter having her own adventure. Masterpiece with visuals and design.
  11. Dec 5, 2019
    Отличная оптимизация. Багов фризов нет, выглядит просто потрясающе, для тех кто думает брать или нет - берите, денег своих стоит, игра на дооолгие часы прохождения
  12. Jan 2, 2020
    this is not only the best port on the switch (it looks the same as in ps4, not kidding, look at comparision videos) is also an amazing horror game that its not only a great alien sequel, it is also a great alien movie game. you can literally play the second half of the movie and it is glorious
  13. Jan 2, 2020
    an amazing game, a true horror capable to still make you anxious and stressed all the time thought the 25-30 hours campaign even if you , like me have already played before, this is because of the amazing Alien's AI completely free from scripts with only a few exceptions during the game which will really shake your nerves, especially with the right environment( headphones and if youan amazing game, a true horror capable to still make you anxious and stressed all the time thought the 25-30 hours campaign even if you , like me have already played before, this is because of the amazing Alien's AI completely free from scripts with only a few exceptions during the game which will really shake your nerves, especially with the right environment( headphones and if you turn off the lights even better), the port itself is amazing I can say is 98% at the same level as the ps4, but with a better AA wich eliminate the shimmering, the game is beautiful both docked and handheld,
    the only trade-off was a little increase of the impute lag but only on the right stick, I was one of the people who were afraid to buy the game because all the talking in the reddits and other forum, but I decided to buy and try anyway because it's an amazing game and i was right the lag is minimal and does not bother at all I can play without problem, besides the motion control are well implemented in this game, so don't be afraid buy this game because it's the best stealth&horror game you can find today if you never played before even better!!, you will enjoy it, and don't listen to people who said it's just a continue hidden under table ec..well it is not like that, there is exploration, the station itself is amazing to see, and there are some combat situation(manly androids and humans) and the story is amazing a true sequel of the first film.
  14. Jan 11, 2020
    Amazing game, on Nintendo switch is beautiful, great graphics and great game
  15. Dec 27, 2019
    This game is great. On the one side the atmosphere and feeling of the original Alien movies was perfectly executed. Playing this game I felt a lot of pressure running down the corridors of the space station. There went also a lot of thought and love for the details, also the original cast is giving their voices in the Game.

There are some parts which are scripted when the Alien is

There are some parts which are scripted when the Alien is chasing you, but that is the only negative thing I can think of this game. I can't understand the bad scores by some reviewers.

I played from the beginning the game on the Hard and I took my time to finish it.
  16. Jan 28, 2020
    Customer Support +1 .8.5.5 ...3.6.9__ 8,5..6,5
    ., ,
    game changing additions offered up alongside the new area and monsters makes it so easy to recommend. ,,,//

Generally favorable reviews - based on 27 Critic Reviews

1. Feb 13, 2020
    It's by no means a perfect game, but it excels at almost everything it sets out to do. It has an incredibly detailed and faithful presentation and is a unique attempt to capture the essence of the franchise in an interactive experience. If you're a fan of horror and haven't played Isolation yet, this is still one of the more interesting and tense horror games out there. Even if you have already played it, this is the best way to jump back into a game that has aged incredibly well, both visually and in terms of gameplay mechanics.
  2. Feb 8, 2020
    If you enjoy both portable gaming and horror, there is no better option right now. Playing with headphones is a must to feel the eerie atmosphere. Preferably the surroundings should also be dim. Just don't forget that you are still on earth, where everybody can hear you scream.
  3. Jan 16, 2020
    Alien: Isolation is exactly the game that Switch owners were clamoring for. Simply, the greatest survival horror based on Alien franchise.