5.6

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Jul 18, 2020
    10 because of how the game forces players to socialize on Discord, Facebook groups, or anywhere that offers chances to earn more bells, increase their catalog, or play around by collecting villagers while allowing introverts the option to grind away on crafting materials and collectibles. It really doesn't punish the impatient ones for changing the date and time on System Settings because10 because of how the game forces players to socialize on Discord, Facebook groups, or anywhere that offers chances to earn more bells, increase their catalog, or play around by collecting villagers while allowing introverts the option to grind away on crafting materials and collectibles. It really doesn't punish the impatient ones for changing the date and time on System Settings because everyone does it anyway. I couldn't ask for a better way to kill time on the Switch/Switch Lite. Expand
  2. Mar 24, 2020
    Honest answer, my wife plays the game almost exclusively but i have enjoyed as well. Personally i disagree with the single island issue but comparing it to EA's egregious Lootboxes and scummy tactics i think is serious hyperbole. Its a genuinely fun sandbox game with a few flaws, it is not meant to have a deep complex narrative other than the one you make for yourselves. Please stopHonest answer, my wife plays the game almost exclusively but i have enjoyed as well. Personally i disagree with the single island issue but comparing it to EA's egregious Lootboxes and scummy tactics i think is serious hyperbole. Its a genuinely fun sandbox game with a few flaws, it is not meant to have a deep complex narrative other than the one you make for yourselves. Please stop overreacting this is almost as bad and cringe as the astral chain and fire emblem review bombings. Lets discuss the issues like mature adults and try to get Nintendo to respond in kind, not scorched earth tactics we're better than this. Expand
  3. Mar 28, 2020
    Don’t listen to the whining pu-c’s who didn’t read up on the multiplayer before buying the game. It’s not Nintendo’s fault they are dumb. The core experience of this game is fun as can be. If you don’t cheat it this game can last years and there is no “end” to it. If you never played any animal crossing games this is the best one to start with. Very easy to learn and tons to do if youDon’t listen to the whining pu-c’s who didn’t read up on the multiplayer before buying the game. It’s not Nintendo’s fault they are dumb. The core experience of this game is fun as can be. If you don’t cheat it this game can last years and there is no “end” to it. If you never played any animal crossing games this is the best one to start with. Very easy to learn and tons to do if you enjoy it. Expand
  4. Apr 11, 2020
    La mejor entrega de la saga por descontado. Es el más divertido, el que tiene una progresión y avance más medido y dosificado y el que ofrece mayores posibilidades de personalización.
    Peca de algunos errores como una IA mejorable, o ciertas incomodidades de gestión (diálogos infinitos para todo y la no posibilidad de fabricar más de un objeto a la vez del mismo tipo).
    Un juego lleno de

Un juego lleno de detalles, y visualmente precioso, con entidad propia. El mejor juego para pasar la cuarentena (lleno 130 horas jugadas y lo que me queda!).

Para colmo sus posibilidades pueden aumentar con actualizaciones gratuitas periódicas siguiendo el mismo patrón que Splatoon.

Lo mejor del año.
  5. Jun 27, 2020
    Best game of Nintendo history. The GOTY 2020. Nintendo is a factory of amazing and perfect videogames. And ACNH is their best master game.
  6. Mar 29, 2021
    I've been playing Animal Crossing games since the very first. New Horizons is better in countless ways. New Leaf is the only other game I can think that had a handful of features that I wished made it to New Horizons. I'm over 100 hours in and still loving it.
  7. Mar 21, 2020
    YES, the game starts slowly, but by day 3, I have had so much to do, I don't know what to do with all my time! This is exactly the game the world needs right now. Highly recommended, 10/10.
  8. Apr 28, 2020
    Don't believe the haters this is a great game band me and my partner are having a great time on our shared island nearly 200 hours in
  9. Apr 4, 2020
    Fantastic game if you play on your own Switch. Slow start, but then is flawless.
  10. Mar 31, 2020
    16 notas sobre 100

Debe dolerles mucho el éxito de este juego a los haters, eso sí, me encanta verlos sufrir.

Qué culpa tiene Nintendo si hace juego ganadores? Están ofendidos porque RE 3 remake resultó ser un juego de nota 8?

Sigan llorando jajajaja
  11. Mar 30, 2020
    This is the most refined and polished Animal Crossing game ever. My girlfriend and I have been playing it obsessively since it came out. I doubt another game this year will bring this much joy.
  12. Mar 20, 2020
    Probably the best Animal Crossing has ever been, and to fans of the series it does enough to update the core gameplay loop to keep it fresh and interesting.

The negative reviews all seem to be people who have never played Animal Crossing before. The one island setup is intentional and has been a thing forever.
  13. Mar 24, 2020
    This delightful game is helping me cope with lockdown. Having not played since City Folk, it's just what I needed in a new AC console game.
  14. Mar 26, 2020
    This game is great, I’d give it a 9/10. Gave it a 10 for the nonsensical people ever thinking this was a true multiplayer experience. It’s literally the only complaint about the game and people are giving it zero’s. One ridiculous comment I saw “Switch is a family-friendly console, this is not a family-friendly game. Instant zero.” The game doesn’t even let you name your characterThis game is great, I’d give it a 9/10. Gave it a 10 for the nonsensical people ever thinking this was a true multiplayer experience. It’s literally the only complaint about the game and people are giving it zero’s. One ridiculous comment I saw “Switch is a family-friendly console, this is not a family-friendly game. Instant zero.” The game doesn’t even let you name your character something obscene. You can report COMPUTER NPCs for being semi-inappropriate. How is it not family-friendly? Have y’all never played the game before? It’s a SINGLE-PLAYER LIFE SIM. It always has been and it always will be. The fact you can go visit others’ islands in itself is a huge victory. I’m really enjoying this game. The crafting is great, the tiered crafting is pretty cool too. The museum looks amazing compared to past games and I want to catch EVERYTHING! Nook miles are an interesting add, weird, but nothing too essential has been sold there thus far, and what has I’ve been easily able to get the miles for. Heck, I had over 10,000 miles within a few hours and I was playing leisurely (as it’s meant to be played).

I forgot the thing runs in real time, so it forces you to take breaks unless gathering and crafting and selling are your cup o’ tea. Other games call in the meantime. Great experience thus far about 15-20 hours (play time) in. Again, if you bought this and expected it to be a full multiplayer experience, you clearly didn’t know enough about the game and shouldn’t have bought it. Your fault. End of story. I recommend everyone check this amazing game out. Hundreds of hours of entertainment.
  15. Mar 26, 2020
    Great game, so relaxing in these times. Everyone seems to be complaining about only one island per switch but I sort of like this idea. I am player two and there have only been a few things that I haven't been able to do but in the grand scheme of the game and the fact that you can explore so much.
  16. Apr 24, 2020
    A very decent game, i don't know what the complaint of having one island per switch is all about?

No such thing as free lunch in this world and definitely there is no such thing as buying one ticket for the whole family whenever you enter places like Disneyland. You can share the game just fine, you don't need two islands. You can share a car but remember when you pay for the car you only get one when you have only got money for the price of one.
  17. Aug 2, 2021
    Honestly, most of the haters and complainers of the game is people who had played more than 500 hours in less than a year, begging form more content in a 50$ with no DLCs game. It´s absurd. The game gives you a crazy amount of content and hours of fun. Relax and enjoy it, and remember, it is just a game!
  18. Mar 25, 2020
    Game is solid, i'am giving a 10 because of the unfair review bombing. Otherwise i for me its a 9/10.
  19. Mar 21, 2020
    This game is extremely addicting and time consuming. Especially during COVID lockdown. Very advanced and chill. Highly recommend.
  20. Mar 24, 2020
    Great game! The characters are so charming and loveable! I miss that Brewster is out, but other than that this game is such a huge improvement against New Leaf. I love New Horizons
  21. Mar 21, 2020
    This is a great entry for the Animal Crossing Franchise. The single player experience is just fantastic. I can’t wait to see what other players will do with their islands. I’m loving it, it’s fun, quirky and most of all very relaxing. To answer all the criticism coming from those who gave the game ZERO as a score: true, the one island per console is a very weird choice but it was saidThis is a great entry for the Animal Crossing Franchise. The single player experience is just fantastic. I can’t wait to see what other players will do with their islands. I’m loving it, it’s fun, quirky and most of all very relaxing. To answer all the criticism coming from those who gave the game ZERO as a score: true, the one island per console is a very weird choice but it was said soooo many times and it’s written on the box as well. Read a review, a faq, watch a video on YouTube before you buy! You have no one else to blame but yourself if you bought something without gathering the (readily available) and necessary information. Expand
  22. May 18, 2020
    The thing I find most annoying about New Horizons, is the strange and often terrible design decisions that have players jumping through hugely inconvenient and annoying hoops just to get back to the fun.

However, once I get over that, this game is astronomically divine. It's calming and rewarding in a way that other games can't be. It has charm that can never be shaken. It has characters that you will adore and build long-lasting attachments to. It has the nerve to make chores desirable, and it has the special sauce that we all needed during this quarantine.

This is a game that was created with the highest amount of polish possible in this industry, but most importantly, it was made with an absolutely overwhelming amount of love & care, and it shows through and through
  23. Mar 25, 2020
    This game is fantastic. It is made with love and care and is packed with new features. It's pitiful that people are lowering ACNH's user score for a sharing an island (Animal Crossing has always had every user play in one town) and having to work more to make things (remaking tools is so simple and does add to the theme that you are exploring and creating this new island). The devs haveThis game is fantastic. It is made with love and care and is packed with new features. It's pitiful that people are lowering ACNH's user score for a sharing an island (Animal Crossing has always had every user play in one town) and having to work more to make things (remaking tools is so simple and does add to the theme that you are exploring and creating this new island). The devs have supplied us with sooo much of what we asked for (literally the majority of what people did when hacking their saves in acnl). The team listened to the AC community and they should be proud of their work ♡ Expand
  24. Apr 27, 2020
    Review bombing a game doing well is not cool and I hope metacritic staff do something about this.
  25. Oct 2, 2020
    Just a great game! Hundreds of hours pass unnoticed in it! You can live in this game! Nice music, very funny humor! exciting activities...

Unfortunately, there are also disadvantages, these are terribly outdated and inconvenient mechanics, unjustified restrictions and complications where it is not necessary... The most disgusting thing is that I have to pay for a subscription because

The most disgusting thing is that I have to pay for a subscription because only in this case my saves will be restored if the console is broken or lost...
  26. Mar 21, 2020
    Such a great series! I've been playing since the first one on Gamecube. Taking what we already love about the series and building on it, this game will be just as good as we all hoped for, no doubt about it. The crafting aspect is very welcome and being able to shape and remodel your island to your will is such a step forward for the series. I've only put around 5 hours on this so far, butSuch a great series! I've been playing since the first one on Gamecube. Taking what we already love about the series and building on it, this game will be just as good as we all hoped for, no doubt about it. The crafting aspect is very welcome and being able to shape and remodel your island to your will is such a step forward for the series. I've only put around 5 hours on this so far, but I'm already in love!

After spending 5-10 more hours on it today, I can say this is easily the best animal crossing to exist! They really covered everything, and everything is turned up to eleven. Each and every aspect that could have gotten better has gotten better, just look at the museum for instance! It is incredible!
  27. Mar 25, 2020
    I was upset at first about "one island per console," but because of it I've found the value in their decision. My wife and I leave little surprises and gifts for each other since we're co-located, and nothing is really lost progression-wise. If she gets something setup first, then I can still attend ceremonies and experience the "newness" of the island growing. Though the museum'sI was upset at first about "one island per console," but because of it I've found the value in their decision. My wife and I leave little surprises and gifts for each other since we're co-located, and nothing is really lost progression-wise. If she gets something setup first, then I can still attend ceremonies and experience the "newness" of the island growing. Though the museum's donations are shared (which I like), you still have to find things yourself for them to be added to your "creature codex" so progression issues are not felt. I can understand people want their own unique island so they can fly to each others' and visit and whatnot, but so much Animal Crossing Charm comes from sharing your space.

Just make sure you buy doctors masks and gift them out.
  28. Mar 21, 2020
    What's wrong with people here? All this outrage for the 1 Switch = 1 Island is nonsense, first of all Nintendo was very clear about this so people acting surprised about it have only themself to blame, but also every single Animal Crossing before was like this, so how is possible the best one of the series is the one getting bombed? Ridiculous. If you are the secondary player you still getWhat's wrong with people here? All this outrage for the 1 Switch = 1 Island is nonsense, first of all Nintendo was very clear about this so people acting surprised about it have only themself to blame, but also every single Animal Crossing before was like this, so how is possible the best one of the series is the one getting bombed? Ridiculous. If you are the secondary player you still get like 90% of the experience and you are supposed to talk with your family and organize yourselves to make the important choices and share the resources, how is this so hard? And how is people judging the gameplay experience so negatively after just 1-2 days of gameplay? This game is not designed to be fully enjoyed on a couple of days. Grow up, the game is fantastic so far. Expand
  29. Mar 20, 2020
    An absolutely awesome addition to the franchise. Everything about this game has been tailor made for longtime fans of the series. There's a ridiculous amount of quality of life upgrades to the game, any fan of the series will adore the game!
  30. Jun 20, 2020
    Это игра, в которой можно по-настоящему расслабиться) Квинтэссенция фермы, социальной игры, квестов, экономических игр в рамках полноценной игры. Обязательна к покупке каждому владельцу Nintendo Switch, независимо от любви к жанру. Серьёзно, попробуйте)Это игра, в которой можно по-настоящему расслабиться) Квинтэссенция фермы, социальной игры, квестов, экономических игр в рамках полноценной игры. Обязательна к покупке каждому владельцу Nintendo Switch, независимо от любви к жанру. Серьёзно, попробуйте)
  31. May 15, 2020
    People are giving this a zero just because they are mad that they can't have more than one island! This game is one of the best switch games ever made. If the people weren't so passionate about this game..they wouldn't be on here giving it a zero...but a zero is rediculous!!
  32. Mar 23, 2020
    Really fun and chill game. Encourages playing daily but not ALL day that is a nice change of pace. Easy to lose yourself in. Better multiplayer would be nice.
  33. Mar 24, 2020
    I am absolutely in love with Animal Crossing: New Horizons! This game could not have come at a better time. What a fun, chill, play at your own pace game. The graphics are wonderful, the jokes are funny. I can't say enough good things about it. Thank you Nintendo for giving us this when we needed it most.
  34. Mar 24, 2020
    It's a good game honestly. Lots of things to do and I really enjoy it. It's probably one of the more chill games I can play.
  35. Mar 20, 2020
    An amazing game and the best AC yet! If you don’t understand there is only one town per system sorry you don’t get AC.
  36. Mar 30, 2020
    Simplemente es un gran juego, mi esposa no deja de jugar, muchas de las quejas de juegos anteriores fueron escuchadas, es un juego infinito, no tiene limites ni fin, mi esposa simplemente amo el juego, eso si veo a muchos sonyers con su mala nota por que su Humo Stranding tiene menor calificación, como sea AL es un vende consolas y es un juegazo
  37. Mar 24, 2020
    I created an account just for this review. This is an amazing game and the calmness of this game is amazing. If you want to have a good time and just chill play this game.
  38. Mar 25, 2020
    All around fun family game with great detail. 7.5/10, but gave it a 10 because of review bombs.
  39. Mar 25, 2020
    Love this game, so chill so nice. I will be sinking huge amounts of hours into this game.
  40. Apr 6, 2020
    Anyone rating this game a 2 or lower is an actual baby. "Game don't do what I want, wah wah". Grow up. They told you this from the beginning. Cancel culture is the absolute worst and being abused now on creations that are genuinely a great experience. Get over yourself keyboard Kevin, and focus more on getting out of your mother's basement than how many islands you and your imaginaryAnyone rating this game a 2 or lower is an actual baby. "Game don't do what I want, wah wah". Grow up. They told you this from the beginning. Cancel culture is the absolute worst and being abused now on creations that are genuinely a great experience. Get over yourself keyboard Kevin, and focus more on getting out of your mother's basement than how many islands you and your imaginary partner are able to play on. Expand
  41. Mar 25, 2020
    An amazing entry in an amazing series. I love having the ability to craft and customize my own furniture, and this game gives you way more power than you've ever had to make your town exactly how you want.

Opening the gates to your island and just hanging out with friends while you fish and catch bugs is so much fun. This game came out at the perfect time given current circumstances.

I'm not time travelling, and I'm enjoying the laid-back pace of the game. Every day gives you a small task to complete and a new visitor to your island. Taking things in slowly gives you a good idea of the aspects of the island you like and what you should change later.

If you're sharing a console, the inability to complete tasks for anyone other than the first user is a serious downside, but if you're playing this on your own Switch then it doesn't affect you. My partner and I are both enjoying the game on our own islands and it's unfortunate some people aren't having the same experience.

A must-own Switch exclusive, but I'm sure you already knew that.
  42. Apr 1, 2020
    The game is amazing. Ignore the whiney little babies crying about islands and rating it "0". Sure, it would be nice to be able to have multiple islands, but this doesn't make an amazing game "0/10". They are idiots. The game is great.
  43. Aug 1, 2020
    Animal Crossing: New Horizons - 2020 - Play Time: 370 hours (and going)

Animal Crossing: New Horizons - 2020 - Play Time: 370 hours (and going)

Start this off by saying this type of game is not for everyone. But for the ones who enjoy Animal Crossing or "Slice of Life" games, its a amazing game that came out when the world needed it most. Right at the start of the worldwide pandemic, ACNH released and allowed us to enjoy a virtual life while being forced to stay indoors.
    A simple groundwork of starting off on a isolated paradise island; You are tasked by Tom Nook to help develop your island to a livable home that people will want to come visit and live at. Finding all sorts of villagers along the way to come move to your island. There is almost 400 different villagers you can find that range in personalities and looks. Try to be nice to the non kawaii ones. They have feelings too. Besides Shari.
    A game that never really "ends" I was debating on when to write a review but I have achieved a 5 Star Rating Island and now have began to try and catalog all items in the game. There have been a couple updates and each one adds in something new to experience. This game is a enjoyable work of art that can easily be viewed as a stress relief. It also holds a special place for me as me and my girlfriend like to play it together and hold little special dates when we have the time.
    Well done Nintendo.
  44. Mar 31, 2020
    I am new to the series, but find it very enjoyable. The more I play of it, the more I want to play. It is very addictive gameplay. Nintendo has another gem on the Switch!
  45. Apr 29, 2020
    Simply the best Animal Crossing to date. All the best features from the past Animal Crossings on Nintendo's best console in decades. Been playing it since day one and I'm still finding fun things to do. Nintendo just keeps hitting it out of the park. My girlfriend loves it too. A must buy!
  46. Mar 21, 2020
    Wonderful game to just sit down and relax with. Beautiful visuals and a great aoundtrack.
  47. Mar 24, 2020
    Best Animal Crossing to date. Crazy attention to detail, lots of freedom, the neighbors have more personality, even the Nooks have turned away from their life of crime and are pleasant to chat with this time around. Lots of sequenced events which feels fresh for the series, and there are lots of tasks to accomplish. If you want the game badly enough that you need your own personal island,Best Animal Crossing to date. Crazy attention to detail, lots of freedom, the neighbors have more personality, even the Nooks have turned away from their life of crime and are pleasant to chat with this time around. Lots of sequenced events which feels fresh for the series, and there are lots of tasks to accomplish. If you want the game badly enough that you need your own personal island, you're much better off owning your own Switch and copy of the game. Otherwise enjoy the enhanced Party Play mode where you both get to experience the game together. Animal Crossing is a social game at heart. Expand
  48. Mar 24, 2020
    Honestly the game is amazing, while i understand that the one island per console might bother some people, if you play couch coop can be a blast, there's also tons of trolls review-bombing the game instead of doing fair criticism also, but is hard to deny that it is the best Animal Crossing by far.
  49. Mar 20, 2020
    Best Animal Crossing game hands down, graphics are gorgeous and gameplay is addicting as always (the moment I was able to pick objects up, I spent an hour picking up weeds XD) So many trolls talking about a horrible co-op experience, more than likely mislead because they don't research a game before they buy it, they just buy into the hype. This game lives up to the hype for this long timeBest Animal Crossing game hands down, graphics are gorgeous and gameplay is addicting as always (the moment I was able to pick objects up, I spent an hour picking up weeds XD) So many trolls talking about a horrible co-op experience, more than likely mislead because they don't research a game before they buy it, they just buy into the hype. This game lives up to the hype for this long time Animal Crossing fan. The co-op experience reminds me of the good ol' DS days. I haven't gotten too far into it yet, but I am already addicted and see myself coming back to the island every day, even if it is for a short amount of time. Also, I am the only person on my console playing this game, and I don't time skip because I am a patient person along for the experience. Thank you Nintendo, sorry people are review bombing your game because they clearly didn't watch all of the videos you put forth in preparation for the game.
    Update 4/4/2020: This game has officially consumed my life. With the coronavirus bs going on and everything closing, this allows me to "hang out" with friends and family. It scratches the itch for social interaction, and I literally cannot stop playing this. Soooo much customization, you can literally recreate your entire island. This game deserves a much better user score than what it has, I would say at the lowest an 8.5.
  50. Mar 24, 2020
    Never played AC before this one and I was worried about whether I would like it, but I absolutely adore it. So much fun and just a lovely experience. Couldn't recommend it more.
  51. Mar 24, 2020
    This game is absolutely amazing! Everyone review bombing this game doesn’t even know what Animal Crossing is. Just a bunch of wannabe critics. Do they play Call of Duty and wish the game had less shooting? Do they play Minecraft and wish it had better graphics? Probably. The music is great, the adventure is great. Multiplayer is wonderful. And the ease to switch between characters whenThis game is absolutely amazing! Everyone review bombing this game doesn’t even know what Animal Crossing is. Just a bunch of wannabe critics. Do they play Call of Duty and wish the game had less shooting? Do they play Minecraft and wish it had better graphics? Probably. The music is great, the adventure is great. Multiplayer is wonderful. And the ease to switch between characters when playing couch co-op? Perfect. Reminds me of the good ol days playing GameCube. Every day there’s something new. Can’t wait for the Easter events! Expand
  52. Mar 23, 2020
    This game is relaxing, fun, and a fantastic way to escape from the awful things that are going on in the world. Fishing, crafting, selling, catching, it all just feels really rewarding.
  53. Mar 24, 2020
    the review bombers have 0 lives. the game is great. the best animal crossing yet. no its not a crazy adventure or anything like that. its just a nice relaxing game where you take care and build up an island with animal friends. it doesn't advertise itself as any more then that. so if you are disappointed then you are delusional. especially with this one since it has made so manythe review bombers have 0 lives. the game is great. the best animal crossing yet. no its not a crazy adventure or anything like that. its just a nice relaxing game where you take care and build up an island with animal friends. it doesn't advertise itself as any more then that. so if you are disappointed then you are delusional. especially with this one since it has made so many improvements and more reasons to keep playing. Expand
  54. Jul 18, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. this game is very fun it has a charming look and fun mechanics crafting I feel is well implemented in a well understood way Expand
  55. Mar 20, 2020
    Best animal crossing game of all time. This is so beautiful. So comfy. Yeap GOTY.
  56. Apr 12, 2020
    Animal Crossing es la clara prueba de que Nintendo no solo sigue haciendo videojuegos únicos sino que además esta en plena forma.
  57. Mar 22, 2020
    This game is a must a perfect 10/10 and one of Nintendo's best system seller franchise

You must buy and play this game well worth the 60 dollars
  58. Mar 25, 2020
    The best game in the entire franchise. Refine and expand what your past installment did.
  59. Mar 20, 2020
    By far the best Animal Crossing game yet. Sure, one island per system is oldscool (it was there in every animal crossing game), but it should encourages beeing social and sharing one island with your family.
  60. Mar 24, 2020
    Great game, they improved about all the aspects of classic animal crossing, graphics are amazing and quirky, it's incredibly relaxing to play. Must buy!
  61. Apr 16, 2020
    It is absolutely everything an Animal Crossing game should be... and way more. If you're a fan of past games on the series, add all of the joy those games brought you together and double it. That's just how amazing and addictive it is.
  62. Mar 21, 2020
    Animal Crossing New Horizons is an amazing game by all accounts. The graphical presentation is superb, so the gameplay. Now it is absolutely impossible to rate an Animal Crossing game based on only 2-3 days of play.
  63. Mar 20, 2020
    This game is absolutely amazing as a constant side game for one's day. It a great game to relax with.
  64. Mar 21, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Animal Crossing: New Horizons é sem dúvida o maior jogo que chegará ao Nintendo Switch este ano, chega como o mais novo lançamento de uma série amada. Realmente vale todo o hype! Vamos mergulhar e descobrir mais o que tem a oferecer! Expand
  65. Mar 25, 2020
    I love it.The progress is slow but that is normal for AC.... It is Relaxing and I found new friends
  66. Apr 12, 2020
    Amazing game! It is very funny.
    Playing is one the best games of nintengo switch. I thing it must be nominated to Game of the year
  67. May 12, 2020
    I've spent hundreds of hours, and have thoroughly enjoyed my time. I like customizing clothing, and my island. I love filling up my museum. The animal neighbors are cool. This isn't my first time playing an Animal Crossing game, and this one is the best.
  68. Mar 22, 2020
    I usually don't write reviews to fight other people's reviews but this is different.
    (If you want to find more useful information you should read other positive reviews. This is more like an answer to all those negative ones.)
    This is not like Pokémon where they removed content and features to sell it back and increased the base price for the games or something and where I could understand where people were coming from with their opinions.
    But with Animal Crossing New Horizons people seem to like being angry about something that isn't new at all. Having only one island per console is something Nintendo has done for all previous Animal Crossing games in some form.

AC for GC: *only 1 town per memory card*
    AC for DS: *only 1 town per game*
    AC for Wii: *only 1 town per system*
    AC for 3DS: *only 1 town per game/system*
    AC for Switch: *only 1 island per system*

The only difference was the way that each device handled save files. So yes, it sometimes had some benefits to how it handled them but that isn't the point. The point is that Nintendo always wanted people to play together in one town. It has nothing to do with something like Nintendo forcing you to buy more consoles. People, please. Use your brain... You also couldn't move the save file from the Wii to an SD card. People never complained about those issues so obviously Nintendo didn't see the need to change it. So why is it now all of a sudden that surprising to everyone?

And about the thing that only the founder of the island can make progression: That only applies to the "story" progression like building the museum etc. After the first week (if you do everything in that pace) everyone can do everything (more or less, I'm not that far yet so I cannot guarantee it, I just read it in a review. But nobody else, especially the people complaining, seem to have done some research before complaining about it, since I don't believe that you are that far in the game yet that you can even know that much about the game.

Coop is completely knew to this game and in previous games if other players wanted to have a turn, they had to wait until the other person finished theirs. Now you can play together at the same time. Yes, I also would have liked to play in split screen so that's a negative point I would give. But 0 points for those things is just dumb.

Don't get me wrong, I also would like for people to be able to have their own island if they choose to but the way people are acting here is just stupid. It's not greed, it's not Nintendo trying to force us buying more consoles. It's just Nintendo asking us to play together on one island, sharing and caring for each other. You can like it or dislike it. I understand going down with your personal score, yes. But going down to 0 is just pure hate from you being angry that devs don't make YOUR perfect game. That's not how reviews work.
    ( I know I do the same but backwards that's why you should read the first sentence again :P )
  69. Mar 24, 2020
    What's not to love. Would three islands appease you? Me, I'm okay with my one , lah.
  70. Mar 20, 2020
    The graphics, the gameplay loop, the music, the personalization options, the dialogues are all really charming. It's the scape from the world I've been looking for.
  71. Mar 23, 2020
    Ignore the review bombing haters. This is the best in the series. Sad that people have nothing better to do.
  72. Apr 3, 2020
    Bought this game for my girlfriend hoping she would get really into it (especially during isolation). She hasn't really taken to it yet so I've launched it on my Switch and am on my way to customising my own Island which i'm finding a lot of fun. This is my first ever experience of an Animal Crossing game and I think the perfect place to start as you go from barren unpopulated island toBought this game for my girlfriend hoping she would get really into it (especially during isolation). She hasn't really taken to it yet so I've launched it on my Switch and am on my way to customising my own Island which i'm finding a lot of fun. This is my first ever experience of an Animal Crossing game and I think the perfect place to start as you go from barren unpopulated island to building a full community - I've never been into games like this but it is really addictive!

Note: I'm fortunate in that I have my own original Switch and my girlfriend has the Switch Lite so the 1 island per console rule isn't hindering either of us. I hope for the rest of the people review bombing here that Nintendo do update it to 1 island per user because that is understandably very annoying!
  73. Nov 22, 2021
    Animal Crossing is one of my favourite series from Nintendo. That said, this game is great and came out during the perfect time. I have had great times with this game and it actually helped me reconnect with some old friends. I will admit, the game was a little bare at launch but after the big update, it's my favourite AC game and easily in my top 3 games of all time.
  74. Mar 24, 2020
    It's more entertaining and intuitive than New Leaf. The menus are easier to navigate. There's more stuff to do. It's also very pretty despite the simple character models. But I'd prefer this style as opposed to a realistic art style, PS fanboys. New Horizons is a treat.
  75. Mar 25, 2020
    The game is great! I love playing online with my friends and developing my town, so cute and gorgeous!
  76. Mar 24, 2020
    Step in and stop review bombing, Metacritic! It’s unfair for developers and gamers.
  77. Mar 23, 2020
    Fantastic game. Don’t let the one island per switch thing ruin the entire experience. There’s more to the game. Collecting, fixing the house, Fishing, paying bills, finding new things, seeing other islands, terraforming and more.
  78. Mar 22, 2020
    Almost every negative review I have seen for this game addresses the "shared island problem." And it is causing the user score to plummet. However, in the midst of all the controversy, people seem to forget that this problem doesn't even affect everyone, and that there is a stellar game past this one issue. I would have rated this game 9/10 for its slow start and lack of camera freedom,Almost every negative review I have seen for this game addresses the "shared island problem." And it is causing the user score to plummet. However, in the midst of all the controversy, people seem to forget that this problem doesn't even affect everyone, and that there is a stellar game past this one issue. I would have rated this game 9/10 for its slow start and lack of camera freedom, but I'm rating it a 10/10 to counterbalance all the reviews that forget to actually review the game and its merit rather than a single one of its flaws. I do not believe that a game so fun, heart-warming, charming, and immersive should receive such a low user rating solely because it doesn't specifically tailor to your needs. I can acknowledge the problem, and sure it really sucks, but it isn't representative of literally everything else about this game. In my mind, this game is a near masterpiece and I cannot wait to continue playing it. If you have multiple people that want to play on the same console, I acknowledge that your experience will be hindered due to Nintendo's admittedly greedy policies. However, Animal Crossing: New Horizons as a game, as a social experience, and as a Switch title, deserves much more than what the user score would initially lead you to believe.
    My final score: 9/10
  79. Mar 21, 2020
    All what was good in Animal Crossing is right now even more thrilling and fantastic. a 10/10 easy
  80. Mar 21, 2020
    The best animal crossing game so far. I love the beautiful graphics and everything
  81. Apr 12, 2020
    El animal Crossing mas completo hasta la fecha , montones de cosas por hacer y un modo online excelente , sin duda un obligado para estos momentos en que nos toca quedarnos en casa .
  82. Apr 4, 2020
    Juego innovador , mecánicas nuevas , duración alta , todo lo que el jugador necesita para pasar hrs y hrs en la isla
  83. Mar 26, 2020
    The perfect game has come out at the perfect time. The days are moving quick.
  84. Apr 2, 2020
    These negative reviews are insane. This is easily one of the greatest games released for the switch to date. Playable hours will easily match and exceed games like BOTW
  85. Mar 25, 2020
    don’t know why the user score is so low, you're crazy. this is PERFECT! this was my most anticipated game for the switch and i am completely overwhelmed
  86. Apr 1, 2020
    Animal Crossing New Horizons is the best game I've played on my Switch after Breath of the Wild, it's THAT GOOD.

However this game is not for everyone, if you like fast paced games don't even bother. This game wasn't made for a marathon. It's a simulation game, it's kind of a mix between the best of Minecraft and the best of The Sims. Yes, there is the problem of only one island per

Yes, there is the problem of only one island per console, but honestly, I would buy one switch for every user just to play.
  87. Mar 23, 2020
    El juego perfecto para la cuarentena.
    La cantidad de horas que se le pueden dedicar es infinita.
    Excelente juego con muchas opciones para ir evolucionando tu isla.

¡Magnífico!
  88. Mar 21, 2020
    Nintendo lo ha vuelto a hacer, Animal Crossing New Horizons es de lo mejor que puedes encontrar en Switch.
  89. Mar 25, 2020
    I have been Playing New Horizons for a while now and it’s worth the wait. The game is relaxing, enjoyable, well thought out, and fantastic you can chill with your friends online. It’s fun for all ages. Right now, we really need a distraction from the chaos around us, and this game has come at the perfect time. So relax, hop on that plane, and enjoy your new life on the beach, in the woods,I have been Playing New Horizons for a while now and it’s worth the wait. The game is relaxing, enjoyable, well thought out, and fantastic you can chill with your friends online. It’s fun for all ages. Right now, we really need a distraction from the chaos around us, and this game has come at the perfect time. So relax, hop on that plane, and enjoy your new life on the beach, in the woods, or even by the river. The choice is yours. Build your own house Expand
  90. Apr 1, 2020
    Fantastic game and fun to play. Although you can’t have more than one island it doesn’t bother me. I play with one other person and it’s still fun.
  91. Mar 20, 2020
    Excelente game! Divertido em todos os aspectos! Um prato cheio para fãs da franquia!
  92. Mar 21, 2020
    great game great fun, its colourful and chill i like it a lot, perfect for 31 years old guy (me)
  93. Apr 28, 2020
    Es impresionante lo divertido que es, las horas se pasan volando. Cada detalle es perfecto, para mí es el juego del año.
  94. Mar 20, 2020
    This is my first animal crossing game I’ve ever played. I am seriously addicted to this game I cannot stop playing. Maybe the best Nintendo game yet
  95. Apr 13, 2020
    El mejor juego de toda la saga animal crossing un gráficos muy pulidos la personalización es increíble la isla llena de vida y carisma. Las funciones online son básicas se puede ir a visitar amigos y amigas sin problemas. Este juego merece ser candidato a goty 2020.

Lo unico malo son los piperos que vienen a dar nota mala a este juegos solo por la envidia.
  96. Mar 27, 2020
    Удивительная игра, это очень опасный наркотик, который вызывает привыкание все больше, с каждым часом, проведенным в игре.
  97. Mar 21, 2020
    Never played an Animal Crossing game before this one, and I wish I Had. Being as I am the only one in my house to use the Switch I can say this game is fantastic. So much to do, everything completely customizable and a huge island to work with. For me it is very hard to put this game down. I can see the bad reviews by many people as the one Island per switch is very dumb, but being as itsNever played an Animal Crossing game before this one, and I wish I Had. Being as I am the only one in my house to use the Switch I can say this game is fantastic. So much to do, everything completely customizable and a huge island to work with. For me it is very hard to put this game down. I can see the bad reviews by many people as the one Island per switch is very dumb, but being as its only me I am rating the game for what it is and that is a Masterpiece. Expand
  98. Apr 1, 2020
    Great game.
    Cute npcs and graphics.
    Who cares about sharing Switch since I am rich enough to buy a new one for my family. LOL
  99. Mar 25, 2020
    Anyone rate bombing this game for one bad feature needs to stop you dumb and you should feel bad
  100. Mar 24, 2020
    Best relaxing game! Must buy! And go to ... ... haters for 0 rating, your point make people not interest in game.

Universal acclaim - based on 111 Critic Reviews

1. Dec 19, 2020
    Animal Crossing New Horizons is basically perfect. Full of wholesome content that helped us cope with the COVID-19 pandemics, the game keeps the heart of its predecessors while innovating enough to make it unique. It may not have won Game of the Year but it'll be the game we all remember from 2020, for sure.
  2. Jun 22, 2020
    Animal Crossing: New Horizons is a stunning new instalment in the Animal Crossing franchise, hindered only by its lack of immediate content, quality of life issues and missing returning characters and features While future updates will give the game long-term playability, for those already sipping vacation juice on their five-star islands, island life feels pretty mundane right now.
  3. CD-Action
    May 12, 2020
    It’s full of detail, pretty small things, and surprisingly well working simulations and systems – everything polished in such a way that the player really does care about everything that’s going on. [06/2020, p.40]