5.5

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Mar 13, 2021
    It was clear from the start that a Nintendo Switch port of the popular FPS Battle Royale "Apex Legends" would be a massive undertaking and come with many compromises. Nonetheless the end result is shockingly rough, in part due to different reasons than expected.
    Let's break it down:
    Let's break it down:
    The game runs at 720p in docked mode and 576p in handheld mode while targeting 30fps here. No surprises here considering how much weaker the Switch is compared to other consoles.

The bad news however is that the game rarely ever hits its target framerate. It can vary from match to match but often the framerate chuggs along in the twenties and drops even lower during combat.

What's surprising then is the choices that the developers of the port (Panic Button) made when it comes to the graphics downgrade of the game. In screenshots it actually looks better than expected. Reflections are reduced but still present, asset quality has been downgraded but still looks fairly detailed, characters and objects cast dynamic shadows and so on and so fort. And while playing you can see trees and foliage swinging in the wind and creatures moving around far in the distant background.
    Why they decided to keep all of this for the Switch version is a mystery to me. Thanks to really aggressive LODs and lots of pop-in this results in a very unclean looking image that actually looks worse than other games with simpler graphics. This game desperately needs to offer a performance mode that cuts out all of the unnecessary visual effects and focuses on a clean image and good framerates. Playability should have been the number one priority! Trees swinging in the wind and casting dynamic shadows not so much.

There are also other issues present right now: motion controls in handheld mode are broken, handheld mode also has a lot of input lag, the game has crashed on me 3 times already, Switch players get matched with Xbox and Playstation players by default and there is a game breaking bug in the tutorial area.

All in all I feel like Panic Button blew it with this port. I don't know what happened behind the scenes but at least from the outside this looks like it was either rushed or they didn't have their priorities straight. Getting the game in a playable state should have been their number one goal and they missed it. Panic Button needed to be bold in making some drastic graphical cuts and downgrades rather than giving us something that looks mostly the same as the XBox One version but much blurrier and with terrible framerates.

That being said I am hopeful that they can at least somewhat fix this mess in post by optimizing their code even further and providing players with the option to turn down or deactivate graphical effects in order to get less pop in and better framerates. Panic Button have been known to be forthcoming in that regard so hopefully they work extra hard on this one. As of now however this is the worst performing online shooter I've ever played.
  2. Apr 4, 2021
    This game was only made to extract as much cash out of you, whilst simultaneously making your life a living hell.

If it's not the sporadic lag and horrendous netcode forcing misery upon you, then it's the input lag which makes your character do everything a second later. If it's not the lag, then it's the idiotic teammates you get paired with to keep the player retention flowing. You

You also have to remember that Respawn was created by two narcissists who thought they were bigger than Activision (the company that pays for the game to be made), who went behind Activision's back because they think they're gods walking the Earth.

There's a reason this game is free to play, because EA knew this would not sell as a paid game.

Don't waste a second of your life even downloading this, as it will just make you wonder why you even bothered to start gaming in the first place.

Monstrosity of a game.
  3. Mar 23, 2021
    Una basura la optimización, tiene un campo de visión del asco que te deja en desventaja contra otras consolas, la distancia de dibujado es ridícula que de lejos no ves a nadie, conclusión ni se lo descarguen para switch
  4. Mar 19, 2021
    I mean the game is playable but is it really playable if your enemy turns invisible from time to time
    Its the most annoying/noticeable thing up there
    Idk why know one is barely talking about but it is
    The worse thing up there, screw fixing the other bugs. Fix this glitch NOW!
  5. Mar 11, 2021
    A shoddy port by Panic Button. A rare misfire. Sub-HD graphics in handheld (576p), 30fps max but frequently drops into the high teens/low 20's during firefights, draw distance is about a quarter of other platforms that you'll be crossplaying against. If this was ported only to be on Switch, it might be somewhat excusable. But they marketed it as a feature complete, parity version withA shoddy port by Panic Button. A rare misfire. Sub-HD graphics in handheld (576p), 30fps max but frequently drops into the high teens/low 20's during firefights, draw distance is about a quarter of other platforms that you'll be crossplaying against. If this was ported only to be on Switch, it might be somewhat excusable. But they marketed it as a feature complete, parity version with other platforms and it's anything but. Playing against Xbox or PlayStation users, you will end up being steamrolled. Turning off crossplay, you'll be waiting forever to find a match.

It is objectively the worst way to play the game, and having it in a portable formfactor doesn't excuse the flaws of the game. If you can play it on any other platform, play that instead. If you only have a Switch... well, disable crossplay, but be ready for long waits.
  6. Mar 11, 2021
    Please remove anti-aliasing. The game itself is a ton of fun. I have it on my pc and i was really excited then i saw, that it coming on switch. And 30 fps is ok, no cross savings is bad, but i can live with it. But the anti-aliasing....IT IS THE SAME MISTAKE THAT WAS MADED ON FIRST VERSION OF WITCHER PORT! It is toooo blurry and....just please add an option to disable anti-aliasing andPlease remove anti-aliasing. The game itself is a ton of fun. I have it on my pc and i was really excited then i saw, that it coming on switch. And 30 fps is ok, no cross savings is bad, but i can live with it. But the anti-aliasing....IT IS THE SAME MISTAKE THAT WAS MADED ON FIRST VERSION OF WITCHER PORT! It is toooo blurry and....just please add an option to disable anti-aliasing and this port will be 10/10. Expand
  7. Apr 2, 2021
    I haven't been able to even find a single match, this mess is fully unplayable.
  8. Mar 11, 2021
    Performance, graphics are terrible, struggling 30fps versus 60fps players on PS4 and other consoles and terrible aim assist that can't be disabled
  9. Mar 14, 2021
    Blurry mess , it was advertised as apex legends go all handheld and it the worst game port to play handheld. I had cod mobile n pubg on mobile which looked better on mobiles. Panic button need to do something about this trash port .. it gives terrible eye strain while tryin to play handheld. Disappointed. Waited a whole year for this trash
  10. Mar 10, 2021
    Utterly amazing game, but not on switch. The frame rate can get VERY choppy at times, the visuals are incredibly muddy, and to top it off, it's plagued by input lag. It's a real shame for an otherwise fantastic game. If Switch is your only way of playing Apex, you may find it acceptable, but you'd be far better off playing anywhere else. Without the performance, visual, or controlUtterly amazing game, but not on switch. The frame rate can get VERY choppy at times, the visuals are incredibly muddy, and to top it off, it's plagued by input lag. It's a real shame for an otherwise fantastic game. If Switch is your only way of playing Apex, you may find it acceptable, but you'd be far better off playing anywhere else. Without the performance, visual, or control problems, it would be a 9/10 or 10/10 for me. Definitely my favorite battle royale game. Expand
  11. Mar 14, 2021
    Absolutely loving this game. The quality decrease is unfortunate but not surprising. FOR IT BEING A SWITCH and especially on my switch lite, it runs fantastically. There’s the occasional frame drop but not enough to be like “OMG get me off this game” I’ve gotten a few wins thus far which has been incredibly satisfying knowing I’m beating people with better hardware then me. It plays theAbsolutely loving this game. The quality decrease is unfortunate but not surprising. FOR IT BEING A SWITCH and especially on my switch lite, it runs fantastically. There’s the occasional frame drop but not enough to be like “OMG get me off this game” I’ve gotten a few wins thus far which has been incredibly satisfying knowing I’m beating people with better hardware then me. It plays the EXACT same as PS and Xbox. Obviously with lowered frame rate, draw distance, and quality. But after a few games I didn’t feel like I was at a major disadvantage. Now I can’t speak for docked mode because I only have a Switch lite, but I can say that I am very satisfied with how it plays on the Switch lite. If you played this ON A NINTENDO SWITCH expecting the world or anything similar to PS/Xbox quality wise then you are incredibly foolish. It’s nice being able to play one of my favorite BRs on the go! I definitely recommend this game for those that might not be familiar with Apex! Expand
  12. Mar 14, 2021
    Отвратительный порт игры. Пусть я и обажаю Apex legens, но смериться с 3 вылетами игры за час ( причём в самый важный момент) я не могу!!! ладно проседает фпс ладно маленький онлайн из-за чего мне 50 уровню попадаются в противники 500 но 3 краша игры за час!!!Отвратительный порт игры. Пусть я и обажаю Apex legens, но смериться с 3 вылетами игры за час ( причём в самый важный момент) я не могу!!! ладно проседает фпс ладно маленький онлайн из-за чего мне 50 уровню попадаются в противники 500 но 3 краша игры за час!!!
  13. Mar 15, 2021
    This is almost unplayable. The resolution is so low it makes it hard to see characters more than 10 feet away. This is amplified if you plug your switch into a dock. Apex Legends is certainly one of the most fun battle royales mainly because of its fantastic movement. Its entirely overshadowed because of the sheer lack of resolution. If you can get Mario Odyessy to run at 60fps at full HD,This is almost unplayable. The resolution is so low it makes it hard to see characters more than 10 feet away. This is amplified if you plug your switch into a dock. Apex Legends is certainly one of the most fun battle royales mainly because of its fantastic movement. Its entirely overshadowed because of the sheer lack of resolution. If you can get Mario Odyessy to run at 60fps at full HD, there are no excuses. Expand
  14. Mar 19, 2021
    El juego es aburrido y lento, es un poco revolucionario el tema de los poderes pero también es complicado que tengas almacenamiento y que de repente no puedas cargar balas porque tienes que agarrar escudo para curarte mas tarde
  15. Mar 22, 2021
    So this is not the best platform to play this game. But it is very much a playable experience. It was a little disconcerting for me because I'm used to 60 fps on ps4 and 75 on pc, so going to switch with it's inconsistent 30 was interesting. But I would never say that the game reaches unplayable fps, or less than 20 fps, and if it does its not for very long. Overall the visuals of theSo this is not the best platform to play this game. But it is very much a playable experience. It was a little disconcerting for me because I'm used to 60 fps on ps4 and 75 on pc, so going to switch with it's inconsistent 30 was interesting. But I would never say that the game reaches unplayable fps, or less than 20 fps, and if it does its not for very long. Overall the visuals of the game doesn't bother me that much as long as I'm in handheld mode. Playing on the tv is a little rough. I do think that if panic button keeps working on the game it will get better. Personally I wouldn't mind some more graphic cutbacks if it meant a stable fps and a clearer picture( they need to remove a lot of the shadows that aren't needed.) But for what the game is, I would say it's a lot of fun. I've already won three matches on switch and had a pretty decent time doing it. Ultimately if you have access to a more powerful platform, play on there. But if you are on the go or don't own any other platform, I would recommend giving this game a try. But just play in handheld mode, trust me :) Expand
  16. Mar 15, 2021
    iugh i dont even know why i downloaded this i don't even like battle royale thanks little brother for installing this... the game is really boring and looks bad on switch won't recommend.

i won't recommend this game in general
  17. Mar 11, 2021
    pretty damn good job from the panic button folks. this game shines in handheld mode. really happy with this port
  18. Mar 11, 2021
    I love Apex Legends on PC but I don't have very good PC and I have on PC 15-40 FPS and on switch for me is 30 FPS fine I love it! For me it is 10/10!
  19. Mar 11, 2021
    Is this the best version of Apex Legends? No. But it is a truly impressive port to get the game running on Switch. I had some lag issues on launch day along with some very choppy FPS, but over the past 24 hours the game is now holding a constant 30 FPS.

If you own a Switch, at the very least give the game a shot. It's free, after all!
  20. May 8, 2021
    Unplayable unresponsive bad looking game. I love Apex on my ps4, but this game plays like a ps2 game. I mean fortnite plays alright on the switch. They really screwed up here.
  21. Mar 20, 2021
    I was able to play it may 3 times. After that matchmaking lasted 10 or more minutes so I returned to much better splatoon2. :)
    When matchmaking in Apex start then I can go to grocery return ant it still matching...
  22. Apr 8, 2022
    By far the WORST graphics of any video game since Pong. It's completely unplayable. Even in your face the opponents are blurry
  23. Mar 12, 2021
    Muddy resolution and choppy framerate hamper the experience way to much.
    Also the hud is bad and loot management is garbage.
  24. Sep 18, 2021
    Earlier its was best BR, now its **** worst servers, worst updates, worst anticheat.
  25. Oct 14, 2021
    Absolutely horrible Halloween event of 2021. 40 packs by 400 coins, you need a looooot of money to get the skins you wanna (or have a lot of luck). No music pack, new loading screen is just in-game screenshot instead of some good-looking banner.
    New Arena is just sniper-fest, Respawn still haven't learned how to do Arena maps properly.
    People can't buy re-colors of previous Halloween
    People can't buy re-colors of previous Halloween skins (or just one skin instead of a whole pack) if you have one of the skins from the Halloween pack.
    Horrible servers.
    A lot of the legends are still unbalanced, you have A few characters that will be useful in any mode, any map - and then there's Wattson who no one uses besides her looks.
    Halloween game mode is only one week long at the end of the event.
    And of course - bugs, bugs, bugs.
    Also - add horrible frame drops on switch time to time.
    And this is the game EA said "brought a lot of money to the company, and they're really proud of".
  26. Feb 3, 2022
    for me best fps out there...fun movement, u need to be skilled to kill others...and its not the typical game if u hit two shots ur dead...
  27. Mar 17, 2021
    Its a basic battle royale,Apex Legends was not the best game of his gender.
  28. Mar 27, 2021
    Apex is definitely a game changer in battle royal games - there are way too many things done so well. Fast, adrenaline, well looking game running so smoothly, with such a satisfying feel of shooting, killing opponents and getting a wins. Should I even mention the perfect in-game communication system? You can also buy every character without spending a single real coin.
    This is the best
    This is the best combination of Fortnite and Overwatch.
    Sadly, besides duos/trios and rankes, there are no other modes. Which feel really poor. Because of this, it would be 8/10 on any other platform - on the Switch tho, its even worse because of not so well port... especially for a game like this, the resolution is extremely important.
  29. May 16, 2021
    So Apex on Switch is pretty dead, you can't find any swicth players on european servers, except if you are on japanese servers.
    They did improved the game since then but in general there are still some issues :
    - performance : now it's a little bit more stable, but when you are fighting 3 players and more, you can lose 5 to 10 fps. - visuals : still the lowest FOV that I ever seen

- visuals : still the lowest FOV that I ever seen and resolution is very bad I can't see ennemies very far away

- Audio : still some bugs

I think they should have removed all visuals effetcs like reflections, dynamic lights and decreased the render distance of some objects to get the Swicth version running at constant 30fps and higher res (1080p).

576p in handheld mode !!! We don't see much in handheld mode but the interface is like 3 times larger because of the low resolution.
    Btw sometimes there are some "input lags" with joycon.

if you are really interested to play the game on the go, skip the Swicth version and wait for the mobile version to come, it will run way better (1080p 60fps) and also it may look better for the final release.

+20GB for that.... you'll need to buy a SD card to play this free game. Also I don't understand how the worst version (*Switch) have 5.2 user score ?? The others versions that run the game better are only 1 user score higher than the Swicth version, Ah! I see there are some bots that put 10/10, so I'll do the same but it's to compensate.

My real note : 3/10
  30. Jun 13, 2021
    The worst servers in the world! I have no issues with any other online or multiplayer games... These are the worst and need to be fixed. I get kicked mid game, sometimes twice a game!
  31. Aug 27, 2021
    this game is a very competitive battle royale FPS shooter, you will have to be alert with your teamates and have to hone in your aiming skills to be able to win, the game is very fun and offers a 3v3 PVP gamemode in case you get tired of battle royales, personally I feel as it is the worst of the titanfall franchise but still a good game
  32. Nov 2, 2021
    I palyed fort and wz, and apex is laughable in comparison. Players are so toxic and sweaty its unbelievable. Only god can help you if you play with randoms (9/10 random players leave the game after they get killed so you cant even rez their stupid ass, and because of that, your chances to win, or just have a little bit of fun, drops significantly. Bugs are gamebreaking most of the time,I palyed fort and wz, and apex is laughable in comparison. Players are so toxic and sweaty its unbelievable. Only god can help you if you play with randoms (9/10 random players leave the game after they get killed so you cant even rez their stupid ass, and because of that, your chances to win, or just have a little bit of fun, drops significantly. Bugs are gamebreaking most of the time, sometimes i feel its impossible to invite or join fellow players. Every time game ends i get en error. Skins are so lazy that artists who did them should be ASHAMED. Basicly its an EA **** product that i cant really recommend to anyone, but hey, if you feel toxic please do pick up this title, you deserve it, as the players do deserve another toxic streamer. Expand
  33. Jan 29, 2022
    Love this game. Have been enjoying it on Switch plenty. Don’t understand these horrible reviews.
  34. Jan 31, 2022
    Its quite simple. don't bother downloading. you will find yourself waiting in lobbies longer than actually playing. and when you do finally match, the game feels empty. game is very buggy especially during combat, graphics take sometime to load making it look muddy at the best times. don't waste 23gb of space on switch as we know space is precious on this handheld.
  35. Feb 25, 2022
    Panic button did a good job bringing this game to the switch, is a good multiplayer game, but the graphics could be better.

Mixed or average reviews - based on 19 Critic Reviews

1. Ninty Fresh Magazine
    Oct 22, 2021
    Apex Legends is the more complex alternative to Fortnite players looking for something more. However, that means it isn’t anywhere near as welcoming for newer players. [Issue #3, p.50]
  2. Apr 12, 2021
    Apex Legends on the Nintendo Switch is a full fledge free to play, portable (kind of) cousin to the big consoles and PC version with cross-play but no cross-progression. I enjoy playing it and if you do not mind some blurry graphics and frame drops every so often then give this game a try and join up with some friends.
  3. Apr 5, 2021
    I have no doubt that this port is the best that Apex Legends could be on Nintendo Switch, with Panic Button once again working their magic to optimise the full-featured gameplay experience as well as they could given the scrappy console’s limitations. The port is as undeniably remarkable as it is divisive from a technical standpoint and its competitive heart remains, but the resulting outcome from that concerted effort is an option best left to those who are unable to leap into the action to become a Champion elsewhere.