5.5

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Mar 10, 2021
    Utterly amazing game, but not on switch. The frame rate can get VERY choppy at times, the visuals are incredibly muddy, and to top it off, it's plagued by input lag. It's a real shame for an otherwise fantastic game. If Switch is your only way of playing Apex, you may find it acceptable, but you'd be far better off playing anywhere else. Without the performance, visual, or controlUtterly amazing game, but not on switch. The frame rate can get VERY choppy at times, the visuals are incredibly muddy, and to top it off, it's plagued by input lag. It's a real shame for an otherwise fantastic game. If Switch is your only way of playing Apex, you may find it acceptable, but you'd be far better off playing anywhere else. Without the performance, visual, or control problems, it would be a 9/10 or 10/10 for me. Definitely my favorite battle royale game. Expand
  2. Mar 14, 2021
    Absolutely loving this game. The quality decrease is unfortunate but not surprising. FOR IT BEING A SWITCH and especially on my switch lite, it runs fantastically. There’s the occasional frame drop but not enough to be like “OMG get me off this game” I’ve gotten a few wins thus far which has been incredibly satisfying knowing I’m beating people with better hardware then me. It plays theAbsolutely loving this game. The quality decrease is unfortunate but not surprising. FOR IT BEING A SWITCH and especially on my switch lite, it runs fantastically. There’s the occasional frame drop but not enough to be like “OMG get me off this game” I’ve gotten a few wins thus far which has been incredibly satisfying knowing I’m beating people with better hardware then me. It plays the EXACT same as PS and Xbox. Obviously with lowered frame rate, draw distance, and quality. But after a few games I didn’t feel like I was at a major disadvantage. Now I can’t speak for docked mode because I only have a Switch lite, but I can say that I am very satisfied with how it plays on the Switch lite. If you played this ON A NINTENDO SWITCH expecting the world or anything similar to PS/Xbox quality wise then you are incredibly foolish. It’s nice being able to play one of my favorite BRs on the go! I definitely recommend this game for those that might not be familiar with Apex! Expand
  3. Mar 22, 2021
    So this is not the best platform to play this game. But it is very much a playable experience. It was a little disconcerting for me because I'm used to 60 fps on ps4 and 75 on pc, so going to switch with it's inconsistent 30 was interesting. But I would never say that the game reaches unplayable fps, or less than 20 fps, and if it does its not for very long. Overall the visuals of theSo this is not the best platform to play this game. But it is very much a playable experience. It was a little disconcerting for me because I'm used to 60 fps on ps4 and 75 on pc, so going to switch with it's inconsistent 30 was interesting. But I would never say that the game reaches unplayable fps, or less than 20 fps, and if it does its not for very long. Overall the visuals of the game doesn't bother me that much as long as I'm in handheld mode. Playing on the tv is a little rough. I do think that if panic button keeps working on the game it will get better. Personally I wouldn't mind some more graphic cutbacks if it meant a stable fps and a clearer picture( they need to remove a lot of the shadows that aren't needed.) But for what the game is, I would say it's a lot of fun. I've already won three matches on switch and had a pretty decent time doing it. Ultimately if you have access to a more powerful platform, play on there. But if you are on the go or don't own any other platform, I would recommend giving this game a try. But just play in handheld mode, trust me :) Expand
  4. Mar 27, 2021
    Apex is definitely a game changer in battle royal games - there are way too many things done so well. Fast, adrenaline, well looking game running so smoothly, with such a satisfying feel of shooting, killing opponents and getting a wins. Should I even mention the perfect in-game communication system? You can also buy every character without spending a single real coin.
    This is the best
    This is the best combination of Fortnite and Overwatch.
    Sadly, besides duos/trios and rankes, there are no other modes. Which feel really poor. Because of this, it would be 8/10 on any other platform - on the Switch tho, its even worse because of not so well port... especially for a game like this, the resolution is extremely important.
  5. Aug 27, 2021
    this game is a very competitive battle royale FPS shooter, you will have to be alert with your teamates and have to hone in your aiming skills to be able to win, the game is very fun and offers a 3v3 PVP gamemode in case you get tired of battle royales, personally I feel as it is the worst of the titanfall franchise but still a good game
  6. Feb 25, 2022
    Panic button did a good job bringing this game to the switch, is a good multiplayer game, but the graphics could be better.

Mixed or average reviews - based on 19 Critic Reviews

1. Ninty Fresh Magazine
    Oct 22, 2021
    Apex Legends is the more complex alternative to Fortnite players looking for something more. However, that means it isn’t anywhere near as welcoming for newer players. [Issue #3, p.50]
  2. Apr 12, 2021
    Apex Legends on the Nintendo Switch is a full fledge free to play, portable (kind of) cousin to the big consoles and PC version with cross-play but no cross-progression. I enjoy playing it and if you do not mind some blurry graphics and frame drops every so often then give this game a try and join up with some friends.
  3. Apr 5, 2021
    I have no doubt that this port is the best that Apex Legends could be on Nintendo Switch, with Panic Button once again working their magic to optimise the full-featured gameplay experience as well as they could given the scrappy console’s limitations. The port is as undeniably remarkable as it is divisive from a technical standpoint and its competitive heart remains, but the resulting outcome from that concerted effort is an option best left to those who are unable to leap into the action to become a Champion elsewhere.