8.4

1. Jan 21, 2020
    I am usually terrible at twin stick shooters but really enjoyed Assault Android Cactus+ on Switch. Each level could be beaten in about 10 or so minutes which made it pick up and play. The difficulty was much more on my level.

Game(s) like: Twin-stick shooters Pros: - Good difficulty (on normal) as I could actually beat this game - Like the different characters and weapons -

Game(s) like: Twin-stick shooters

Pros:
    - Good difficulty (on normal) as I could actually beat this game
    - Like the different characters and weapons
    - Enjoyed the staged bosses

Cons:
    - It is exactly what it is - a twin stick shooter. For me this means some quick plays and nothing in depth.
  2. Jan 7, 2020
    This a bit of a mixed bag. This is a amazing game, i've played only on ps4. Sadly the devs did NOT bring ANY of the changes or updates to older consoles (ps4/xbox) this includes all the Campaign+ content, Character balance changes, Score changes, enemy updates, Hard mode bosses, Infinity drive tweaks, basically everything the switch version is doesn't exist for previous consoles.
    This
    This game is absolutely amazing but ONLY on Switch or PC.

So if your reading this, then good job, you are looking at the Correct version to buy. Just be weary, they might abandon this version just the same as they did with their previous consoles.

Still great, just wish they would be honest and give us a reason as to why the fixes aren't coming to previous iterations of the game.

Switch version is cool though, new costumes. YAY.......
  3. Jul 28, 2019
    Fast kill-them-all shooter. Can barely understand what's going on the screen but still good to play. For 2 players it becomes madness due to twice amount of players.
  4. May 17, 2019
    Un twin-stick shooter impecable y muy divertido. Gráficos con carácter propio, controles fluidos, numerosas opciones cosméticas y de juego (incluyendo el uso de bots), ¡pantalla compartida! Y la actualización "+" aún mejora la cosa, y te da una opción de apuntado automático, por si te liabas. En serio, es de lo más divertido y lo mejor del género.
  5. May 6, 2019
    Assault Android Cactus+ is a fun twin-stick shooter that manages to hit a difficult sweet spot. Like most games in this genre, it's a hectic experience, with what seem like hundreds of enemies and bullets on the screen at the same time. Even amongst all that mayhem, though, this game somehow manages to be extremely accessible, even for people who're not accustomed to shooters. TheAssault Android Cactus+ is a fun twin-stick shooter that manages to hit a difficult sweet spot. Like most games in this genre, it's a hectic experience, with what seem like hundreds of enemies and bullets on the screen at the same time. Even amongst all that mayhem, though, this game somehow manages to be extremely accessible, even for people who're not accustomed to shooters. The mechanics are well designed, and they make the game intense, but almost never punishing, unless you're aiming for those elusive high rankings.

This inclusive attitude makes AAC+ perfect for a night of casual co-op. I played through the entire game with a friend in a couple of consecutive nights, and we had a blast. Even though the game is on the short side, it enhances its own longevity by inviting you to play the same levels over and over, chasing a better score. I'm not usually a "high score" kind of player, but this game lends itself very well to it. We found ourselves replaying some levels for one hour straight, trying to gain those few extra points that would earn us a better final ranking.

AAC+ is a game with a small scope–but it moves confidently within those tight confines. We can't wait to play through it again with a third (and maybe fourth) co-op companion.

Just one suggestion for the developers: next time you make a great game (and I trust you will), maybe give it a name that's easier to remember. Even after completing it, we still tend to refer to it as "Cactus"–and for the entire first night, it was simply "that twin-stick shooter".
  6. Mar 19, 2019
    I love this game. I created this account just to review this game. I played this on PC when it came out and it is a great twin-stick shooter, and now I am redoing it on the Switch!

Controls: The controls are smooth, especially if you use both sticks. Do not sit still too long in this game, it will make you pay. Graphics: They hold up well in this port. The bullets start flying and

Controls:

Graphics:
    They hold up well in this port. The bullets start flying and I have no trouble finding my pathway through them, which is definitely needed.

Gameplay: This is the shining star. This is my favorite game to introduce my friends to. It's excellent for co-op, and watching the sweat bead off their heads as the levels get more difficult is great. The SHMUP aspect of this game has a mixture of puzzle thrown in, so the levels are never static.

Watch the videos of this game to get an idea, but I love this game, and I hope others will too.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 11 Critic Reviews

1. May 5, 2020
    Assault Android Cactus+ is a tough but moreish space-set shooter. Infuriatingly difficult in places, it sure does feel satisfying to polish off the later bosses in particular. It left me wanting more, and provided the good kind of ‘game rage’.
  2. May 7, 2019
    I appreciate what Witch Beam Games has attempted to do with Assault Android Cactus+ – they’ve created a game that’s accessible to almost anyone while simultaneously delivering a solid, twin-stick arcade shooter.
  3. Mar 22, 2019
    A masterclass in twin-stick shooting. The controls are simple, but the environments and enemy waves are complex and perfectly crafted. The huge variety of game modes and unlockables help give me a reason to keep coming back again and again. For a solo-player who loves some arcade action, or a group of friends looking for their next co-op challenge, Assault Android Cactus+ is a must buy.