8.9

1. Aug 31, 2019
    Incredible Just incredible, the music, the graphics, the playability everything in this game is incredible, a must buy game for all switch players
  2. Sep 1, 2019
    Platinum games does it again. A really welcoming experience for platinums REAL fans (not like the entitled ps4 **** who are bombing).
  3. Aug 31, 2019
    This game is graphically beautiful, excellent soundtrack, this game is much better than the DMC 5.
  4. Aug 31, 2019
    This game is amazing. I love the fluid gameplay and the challenge it has. I’ve always been a big fan of Bayonetta and I get some Bayonetta feels with how it plays which makes me love the game more. This is the GOTY for me for sure and the one I had been looking forward to the most. I’m not going to spoil anything but I actually love the Legions and the thought process into the Astral ChainThis game is amazing. I love the fluid gameplay and the challenge it has. I’ve always been a big fan of Bayonetta and I get some Bayonetta feels with how it plays which makes me love the game more. This is the GOTY for me for sure and the one I had been looking forward to the most. I’m not going to spoil anything but I actually love the Legions and the thought process into the Astral Chain link. It’s a nice touch. The overall lighting and vibrant colors in the game make it more appealing. The thought of chimera being used in this way it very interesting and well thought out and I commend the devs for making a stunningly brilliant vibrant world with amazing play. Love the game so much. Expand
  5. Aug 31, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Este juego es muy genial, aun no lo completo pero por lo pronto me deja con la boca abierta, es muy fluido y divertido, sobre todo los gráficos son sublime Expand
  6. Sep 1, 2019
    Fingers crossed this wont be the one only one of these titles! Platinum Games did a fantastic job!
  7. Aug 31, 2019
    This game looks so cool.
    There's no pre renderized cutscenes. But even the game looks really nice, you doesn't feel like you're playing a 30fps game.
    It has multiplayer and multiple game features and ways to play, it's really really fun and action.
    Must have in your switch collection
  8. Aug 31, 2019
    Astral Chain is the best video game ever played on the Nintendo Switch, At the level of graphics, sound and playability the game is excellent
  9. Aug 31, 2019
    many PC / PS master race got butthurt because this game is exclusive for NSwitch, pffft. go play your PC and scram. (there IS a user review named "PSFans" that gives 0 score and only write about comparing them with Bayonetta / DMC, really?)

you get customization right in the start, not really depth custom, but the choice is actually neat (anime hairstyle, anyone?). the game is narrative, and lots of scene is cinematic. the combat is not superwhacky fast, but feels alright (more of Nier rather than Bayonetta or DMC), there are "peace" mode, where you do lighter quest, like fetch quest, not quite deep sub-quest, but it's good change of pace after you do a combat mission. there are upgrade and more action combination for the character so the combat adds extra depth as you progress.

this is a japanese game, and lot of anime trope / cliche. if you are a Witcher-only type of guy, then this game is not for you, no need to butthurt over it.

TL;DR this is Nier but with a lot of anime material injected inside, either for good or bad.
  10. Aug 31, 2019
    I can give nothing but the max rating to this game. Maybe it tooks a little longer to learn the major mechanics if you are not used to Platinum style but once you get used to that you won't never turn off the Switch. Fast and "beautiful to see" combat system, the mysterious "detective" moments and a very interesting plot are the ingredients of this recipe. I did not feel like this sinceI can give nothing but the max rating to this game. Maybe it tooks a little longer to learn the major mechanics if you are not used to Platinum style but once you get used to that you won't never turn off the Switch. Fast and "beautiful to see" combat system, the mysterious "detective" moments and a very interesting plot are the ingredients of this recipe. I did not feel like this since xenoblade 2. It's a must have. Expand
  11. Aug 31, 2019
    Please dont listen to the negitive reviews as you'll find most of them are written by sony fanboys that are unhappy that astral chain is only on the switch. Its a pathetic attack by toxic sony fanboys! And metacritic should stomp it out! Game is simple fantastic, you should definitely buy it!
  12. Aug 31, 2019
    Content & Replayability. 90/100
    Gameplay. 98/100
    Funfactor. 98/100
  13. Aug 31, 2019
    Best action game since Devil May Cry 5. Tight controls, excellent combat, great story.
  14. Aug 30, 2019
    Fantastic graphics but everything else is really mediocre or outright poor. Go buy Devil May Cry 5 or Bayonetta for a true action game experience. Gameplay is worse than NieR Automata's.
  15. Aug 30, 2019
    Had to step in after seeing this masterpiece get review bombed for being a Switch exclusive! Unbelievable how dumb some people are. The game is amazing so far.
  16. Aug 31, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. un juego increíble uno de los mejores del año muy adictivo. todas las malas críticas es porque no lo han jugado Expand
  17. Aug 31, 2019
    Amazing ost, smooth gameplay with lots of variety, interesting setting and story, and looks really stylish and nice. Worth it just like every other Platinum game

P.S: the people review bombing this are children, the game is well worth the $60 and they just have nothing better to do
  18. Aug 30, 2019
    Treat yourself and go and buy this game. You know you will love it. Easily a top contender for GOY.
  19. Aug 31, 2019
    What can I say? Platinum Games strikes again with yet another beautiful, stylish, over the top action game!
  20. Aug 31, 2019
    Very anime-esque feel to the game, this format makes it quite refreshing from the other typical AAA's out there, combat can feel a bit slow at times, the game does feel like it's an experiment from Platinum so it's not going to be to everyones tastes but if you have an open mind, you may find it a surprise.
    To me I thought it was pretty impressive.
  21. Aug 31, 2019
    Uno de los mejores juegos de Platinum Games. Visualmente es una pasada, y para ser de Switch técnicamente es bastante bueno. Jugablemente es otra genialidad de la compañía. Una vez más se marcan un sistema de combate original, profundo y adictivo que requiere de práctica y tiempo para llegar a dominarlo. Además, queda combinado con una historia y personajes interesantes que aportaUno de los mejores juegos de Platinum Games. Visualmente es una pasada, y para ser de Switch técnicamente es bastante bueno. Jugablemente es otra genialidad de la compañía. Una vez más se marcan un sistema de combate original, profundo y adictivo que requiere de práctica y tiempo para llegar a dominarlo. Además, queda combinado con una historia y personajes interesantes que aporta mecánicas que añaden algo más que acción pura en el juego.

La banda sonora es sencillamente brutal.
  22. Aug 30, 2019
    I finally got my hands on Astral Chains and I will try to give you a good resume. So here are my pros and cons so far before I write down my verdict. If you are looking for some feedback to decide weather or not to buy it yourself, here are my thoughts.

Pros: - stunning graphics and visuals - awesome soundtrack - very unique and fun game mechanics - complex combat system - very

Pros:
    - stunning graphics and visuals
    - awesome soundtrack
    - very unique and fun game mechanics
    - complex combat system
    - very action packed but not the typical buttom masher
    - great eye for details in the surrounding world
    - the city feels very much alive
    - nice funny sidequests
    - interesting story
    - great and epic boss battles

Cons:
    - 30 fps

Verdict:
    The true nature of this gem is a wonderfully made action game. It has everything I asked/hoped for and even more.
    The boss battles are well directed and challenging. The city feels very much alive and the scenery is just beautiful and eye-pleasing.
    To me this game is one of the best games I've played in a long time and I can't wait to finish the whole thing over and over again.
    The only downside I can see is the 30fps the game is running on. While I dont recognize it all the time, on rare occasions I had the feeling that I saw some frame drops but it was really minor.
    If you are into action games and loved Nier:Automata and Bayonetta, you for sure will love this game to death.
    Iif you asked yourself if you should buy this game, at least I can highly recommend it at this point of time.
    Just enjoy the masterpiece that is Astral Chain!
  23. Aug 31, 2019
    Jogo com jogabilidade única, história envolvente e criativa, personagens carismáticos, uma boa combinação de elementos RPG com hack n'Slash, gráficos impressionantes tanto no modo portátil quanto no modo TV, um dos melhores jogos da Platinum Games até agora, sem dúvida!
  24. Aug 30, 2019
    Como es posible que un hack and slash vaya a unos mugrosos 30 fps, siendo que tiene unos graficos caricaturescos estilo naruto shippuden, el estilo de combate es una calca exacta de kankuro, sasori y la abuela chiyo de naruto shippuden, nose porque la prensa le pasa por alto este tipo de errores gravisimos, siendo que para la capacidad de la tableta de gama baja no es un portento tecnico,Como es posible que un hack and slash vaya a unos mugrosos 30 fps, siendo que tiene unos graficos caricaturescos estilo naruto shippuden, el estilo de combate es una calca exacta de kankuro, sasori y la abuela chiyo de naruto shippuden, nose porque la prensa le pasa por alto este tipo de errores gravisimos, siendo que para la capacidad de la tableta de gama baja no es un portento tecnico, juegos viejos como red dead redemtion del 2010, The Last of Us y God Of war ascension tienen mejores graficos siendo de generacion pasada, nintendo lleva haciendo juegos mediocres en graficos y a nivel tecnico como pokemon, este astral chain, yoshi, donkey kong y el kirby. Como es posible que red dead redemtion tenga arboles y graficos mas bonitos que el zelda 2017 y pokemon, siendo un juego del 2010, pero en fin, este astral chain da asco porque fue hecho con flojera como todo lo de nintendo asi que no malgasten su dinero.

Pd. No le hagan caso a youtubers alopecios sin estudios y estafadores de switchcodes, ellos solo quieren su dinero facil sin necesidad de trabajar.
  25. Aug 31, 2019
    Juegazo.
    Lastimosamente estan dandole malas notas adrede para bajar la nota del juego.
    Lamentable los que lo hacen sin haber siquiera jugado el juego.
  26. Aug 31, 2019
    Es un gran juego, gráficos de su categoría geniales, aunque corra a 30fps, y que el año pasado se ganó un premio un juego de 30 fps, los jugadores de ahora que critican no saben nada. Un juego que es en portátil y en TV lo mejor que he jugado hasta ahora. He jugado ps4, he jugado xbox. Yo juego desde que tengo atari. No como otro que apenas saben jugar un juego en celular. Este juego esEs un gran juego, gráficos de su categoría geniales, aunque corra a 30fps, y que el año pasado se ganó un premio un juego de 30 fps, los jugadores de ahora que critican no saben nada. Un juego que es en portátil y en TV lo mejor que he jugado hasta ahora. He jugado ps4, he jugado xbox. Yo juego desde que tengo atari. No como otro que apenas saben jugar un juego en celular. Este juego es fluido y con muy buena Música y lo mejor de la nintendo switch. Lastima que ps4 y xbox no se pueda sacar a jugar afuera o a otro lugar, pero la switch lo ha hecho, con una pequeña consola saca esta maravilla Expand
  27. Aug 31, 2019
    Here is my HONEST, 100% Non Biased review of The Game Called Astral Chain: “Astral Chain reminds me a lot of games like Nier, Bayonetta, Devil May Cry, and much more. And with this game, I believe it takes all of that inspiration and evolves it into what we have now. This game is really good, The Characters, The Story, all pretty much flow very well. The Combat is pretty damn good, as wellHere is my HONEST, 100% Non Biased review of The Game Called Astral Chain: “Astral Chain reminds me a lot of games like Nier, Bayonetta, Devil May Cry, and much more. And with this game, I believe it takes all of that inspiration and evolves it into what we have now. This game is really good, The Characters, The Story, all pretty much flow very well. The Combat is pretty damn good, as well as the graphics. Now I do want to point out that yes this game is 30 frames per second, but I believe that doesn’t diminish the overall picture for this game. I do also want to point out a couple of things: The legions and being to switch between each of them with ease is really awesome, u can call out your legion to perform pretty sick combos or use your legion to navigate places that are harder to reach on your own ( Expand
  28. Aug 31, 2019
    Un juego entretenido y con buena trama, los gráficos se ven nítidos y la música te atrapa.
  29. Aug 31, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I love this game, lo amo, es hermoso, perfecto, merece una muy buena calificación, duela a quien duela Expand
  30. Sep 1, 2019
    Gioco orinale e affascinante...Combat System unico e appagante... fasi investigative buone.. personaggi interessanti...consigliato
  31. Sep 1, 2019
    Muy buen juego que muchos critican por no salir en su consola, merece más que un 10.
  32. Sep 1, 2019
    Solo le daré 10 puntos para que los que odian el juego se queden pichones, recuerden es exclusivo de swtich.
    Si va a 30 fps, pero es divertido. Muchos más que muchos juegos de play. Saludos. Piperos.
  33. Sep 3, 2019
    Another Masterpiece from Platinum Games ONLY FOR NINTENDO, game play, music, its visuals are so beautiful. Dont let the trolls fool you, this game is a must for every Nintendo Switch owner, and for any real player that just want to play a great game.
  34. Sep 2, 2019
    Greaaaat a couple of tasteless, salty losers come and destroy a great game's user score.....AGAIN. Don't believe the lies of a couple of sausage finger morons who suck at the game and therefore qualify it as bad. It's a fantastic piece of art. It's fun, rich, interesting, it's everything you want from an action RPG. Enjoy it !
  35. Sep 2, 2019
    Astral Chain es un juego de alta calidad, que va más allá del género al que pertenece, añadiendo mecánicas únicas y diferentes que no se encuentran en ningún otro juego en el mercado
  36. Sep 2, 2019
    Excelente juego de Platinum Games, con una BSO espectacular. Una pena que aquí cualquiera pueda entrar a votar notas muy negativas simplemente por hundir a un juego que ellos no han comprado ni piensan hacerlo.
  37. Aug 31, 2019
    A great game!
    A máster piece!
    The game of the year 2019!
    Una verdadera joya de juego, platinum games se ha superado brindando un juego que inova y consigue algo sorprendente.
  38. Sep 1, 2019
    Not only does it have an amazing story, interesting gameplay and loveable characters it's also one of the best looking games on the switch at the moment it would be a sin to miss out on this one.
  39. Sep 2, 2019
    A parte de porque se lo merece, le pongo un 10 para contrarrestar las malas notas que le está poniendo esta comunidad de mierda solo porque el juego es exclusivo de Swicth, niñatos descerebrados que les acaba de dar una pataleta.
  40. Sep 1, 2019
    Fun hack and slash. The user scores here, shows how stupid metacritic is. I mean most of the negative reviews are Sony fan boys upset they didn't get astral chains on the ps4. I wish metacritic got rid of user scores because highly possible for trolls to **** it up
  41. Sep 1, 2019
    A true masterpiece from Platinum! I have played it for hours, so much fun :)
  42. Sep 1, 2019
    These disgusting haters are the scum of the gamer world because they are denigrating an unreleased game to their platform. Just because of that, my vote is 10!
  43. Sep 2, 2019
    Comprate una Switch, pipero culiao! Buy a Switch, you Sony pony! Use your PS4 Grill to fry some eggs on it!
  44. Sep 2, 2019
    El Juego es EXPECTACULAR y el que vaya a 30 fps no lo hace un mal juego, es buenisimo este astral chain a pero claro si no sale en una consola de marca SONY es para ponerle CERO verdad HATERS?
    el juego es una maravilla visual tanto en portatil como en modo Dock asi que nada a darle 10 POR QUE SE LO MERECE.
  45. Sep 2, 2019
    Sin duda un videojuego que merece un 10/10 estoy muy satisfecho porque fue más de lo que esperaba
  46. Sep 2, 2019
    Una maravilla jugable al más puro estilo Platinum Games, recomendadisimo. Exploración, plataformas y un cuidadísimo sistema de combate hacen del juego una delicia. La historia engancha desde el minuto 0. Compra obligada.
  47. Sep 2, 2019
    This game is outstanding and incredibly fun, I love the gameplay, story, and soundtrack
    Highly recommended for switch owners
  48. Sep 2, 2019
    Platinium Games did magic again! I‘m really surprise how it is possible to made running this game really well in Nintendo switch! The controls are perfect. Really Good Experience :)
  49. Sep 2, 2019
    This a great game with an intresting story to it and combat takes a little to get used to but when you do this game becomes amazing
  50. Sep 2, 2019
    De lo mejor que tiene la nintendo switch este año, una completa sorpresa de juego

Tiene acción, momentos de investigación, además de muy buena rejugabilidad, obtener las mejores calificaciones siempre ha sido algo primordial en este tipo de juegos.

Altamente recomendado
  51. Sep 2, 2019
    Wao este juego Desde el principio sorprende no tan solo por su apartado visual sino por su método de combate y su historia envuelven saber más e introducirte en un juego que quieras terminar no jugar por un solo ratito este juego es una joya deve tener secuelas no lo piensen den le una gran oportunidades sorprenderán Que es un peso pesado entre los Aaa
  52. Sep 2, 2019
    El juego es hermoso, es sorprendente que este tipo de juego con la potencia de switch pueda ir fluido cuando se necesita y la característica de la portabilidad le añade mucho más a este juegazo.El diseño de los personajes es genial y personalmente me agrada mucho, solo espero que esta nueva IP siga con nuevos títulos y pueda ofrecer muchas novedades al mundo del gaming.
  53. Sep 2, 2019
    Soberbio. Lo amo muchísimo. Es lo mejor del mundo. SÍÍÍÍÍÍÍ. Merece más nde 10.
  54. Sep 2, 2019
    all this fake reviews from other than switch users just crack me up lol, sony fanboys come here just to throw shade at this wonder, people dont let your eyes deceive you by sonyers impersonating something theyre not, i bet you all they havent even bought the game lmao and to sum up they're always keeping an eye at every step nintendo does
  55. Sep 2, 2019
    le doy un 10 los piperos lo acabaron, ellos acabaron con las revew por que se demuestra que no es confiable
  56. Sep 2, 2019
    Juegazo de Platinum Games!. Los gráficos y la jugabilidad están increíbles. Divertido y muy muy recomendable, valió la pena la compra.
  57. Sep 2, 2019
    Llevo tres días enganchadisimo y con el juego totalmente avanzado, adicción pura. Junto con Bayonetta 2 y Nier Autómata es un top 3 de Platinum Games. La jugabilidad tremenda y trepidante marca de la casa con una variedad de misiones y de tipos de juego que hace de este un título en el que no te limitas tan solo a combatir y realizar combos, es algo más. Los que queremos la acciónLlevo tres días enganchadisimo y con el juego totalmente avanzado, adicción pura. Junto con Bayonetta 2 y Nier Autómata es un top 3 de Platinum Games. La jugabilidad tremenda y trepidante marca de la casa con una variedad de misiones y de tipos de juego que hace de este un título en el que no te limitas tan solo a combatir y realizar combos, es algo más. Los que queremos la acción trepidante de la nueva entrega de Bayonetta tendremos que esperar pero este título a pesar de ser más pausado es un digno aperitivo de la bruja Expand
  58. Sep 3, 2019
    I've been a gamer and Nintendo fan for 28 years and can honestly say that Astral Chain didn't just surpass my expectations, it blew them out of the park. I'm not a hardcore Platinum Games fan so was initially skeptical, however Astral Chain is a total change of direction for the studio. it mixes action with exploration, puzzle solving and character customisation and the dialogue andI've been a gamer and Nintendo fan for 28 years and can honestly say that Astral Chain didn't just surpass my expectations, it blew them out of the park. I'm not a hardcore Platinum Games fan so was initially skeptical, however Astral Chain is a total change of direction for the studio. it mixes action with exploration, puzzle solving and character customisation and the dialogue and music really stand out. Without a doubt my favourite third party release on the Nintendo Switch and a perfect demonstrator for what the console is capable of. My wife's not a gamer but really enjoyed the character customisation aspects and story. A killer app! Expand
  59. Sep 3, 2019
    One of the best Nintendo Switch games, full of action, at first a bit complicated to handle the character, but you learn fast. For all those jealous who cry for not having it on their PS4, what they should do is buy a Switch and stop crying.
  60. Sep 2, 2019
    Great game with really unique combat. Starts off slow but picks up around chapter 3 once you start getting more legions. Not as complex as bayonetta but not nearly as simple as nier automata. Graphics are pretty good too considering the hardware. Beware review bombing console and DMC fanboys. The only major complaint I have is certain controls can be tricky.
  61. Sep 1, 2019
    The game is awesome! Art style, story, mechanics and combat. It's a really masterpiece
  62. Sep 2, 2019
    Fantastic game! It is a shame that haters want to try and review bomb due to platform, but all they are doing is drawing even more attention to the game. I am about 10 hours in at the time of writing this, and so far it is a front runner for GotY for me personally.
  63. Sep 3, 2019
    Ya lo ves te jodes pipero le doy un 10 diez en respuesta a tu 0 ceroYa lo ves te jodes pipero le doy un 10 diez en respuesta a tu 0 cero !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Expand
  64. Sep 12, 2019
    Almost 800 people gave a negative user score. Not even 20 of them actually wrote a review.

Game's gameplay is sweet, flashy, and nothing like I've seen before. 8/10
  65. Sep 2, 2019
    GOTY 2019!!! Best Hack&Slash ever made!! Better than Bayonetta 2, Nier Automata anda Devil May Cry 5, includes crazy combos and exploration zones, is the perfection.

Sorry for the haters will loss this masterpiece.
  66. Sep 2, 2019
    Sin duda es uno de los mejores juegos del año, Platinum Games lo hace de nuevo como con Bayonetta 2, los graficos son impresionantes y mas para ser de Switch, el juego te da para muchas horas de diversión, buena historia y el oST es increíble, pero como pasa con Nintnedo los usuarios de otras consolas envidian este juegazo y sin tener el juego solo califican negativo, los 30 fps no son unSin duda es uno de los mejores juegos del año, Platinum Games lo hace de nuevo como con Bayonetta 2, los graficos son impresionantes y mas para ser de Switch, el juego te da para muchas horas de diversión, buena historia y el oST es increíble, pero como pasa con Nintnedo los usuarios de otras consolas envidian este juegazo y sin tener el juego solo califican negativo, los 30 fps no son un problema Expand
  67. Sep 3, 2019
    GOTY!. Do not listen to angry sony fan boys, this game is amazing and simple.
  68. Sep 2, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great gameplay, great game design, pretty original. This is a good example of how to create a game, good music. Expand
  69. Sep 2, 2019
    Platinum Games makes it again.
    The beautiful gameplay, stylish design, and love for their creation is the top priority.
    Play it, don't be a hater!
  70. Sep 2, 2019
    This game is so flipping cool, awesome storyline, gorgeous graphics, flippin sweet action, thumping mesmerizing soundtrack. If you love Platinum games/Nintendo, get this!!! People hating on this have not taken the time to actually play this game past the intro, also, shut up about frame rates. So annoying, (it feels like 60fps anyway) Im sure, Switch Pro will run this at 60 fps anyway.This game is so flipping cool, awesome storyline, gorgeous graphics, flippin sweet action, thumping mesmerizing soundtrack. If you love Platinum games/Nintendo, get this!!! People hating on this have not taken the time to actually play this game past the intro, also, shut up about frame rates. So annoying, (it feels like 60fps anyway) Im sure, Switch Pro will run this at 60 fps anyway. Dont ruin a games reputation because it doesnt target unrealistic expectations. Take this game for what it is and enjoy. Expand
  71. Sep 2, 2019
    Excelent Game is perfect in all, game play, and replay value! Very,very perfect
  72. Sep 2, 2019
    El mejor juego del 2019 junto al Mario Maker 2 a dia de hoy de la Nintendo Switch en 2019. DENLE UN 10 PODEMOS ECHAR A LOS TROLLS DE METACRITIC
  73. Sep 2, 2019
    One of the most interesting games in the current generation.

Platinum Games had created another great franchise, providing cool combat and deep story
  74. Sep 2, 2019
    This is a freaking masterpiece.My 10 goes to all the haters giving this game 0's cause they are angry with this game for being exclusive to the Nintendo Switch.Just deal with it,buy a Switch or move on with your lives!
  75. Aug 31, 2019
    maybe not a 10, but is sad that moron kids that don't own the game, neither a switch just vote 0 to take down the score ...
  76. Sep 2, 2019
    This game is deserved by all lovers of video games, regardless of our preferences in consoles or genres, a great job that fills me with pride for the developer, I saw with sadness and amazement notes with 0, which lets me see that until In this site people can enter without criteria to evaluate anything.
  77. Aug 31, 2019
    Astral chain is one of the best games of the year. This game has innovated a lot in its genre making a perfect gameplay mixing it with investigation phases
  78. Aug 31, 2019
    All what I want from PG, excelente masterpiece, great gameplay it take risk with new mechanics.
  79. Aug 31, 2019
    If Deus Ex and Bayonetta had a baby. If you enjoyed previous Platinum games, you’ll enjoy this one too. I was really surprised how good it looks and plays. Saying that, I really don’t understand why this game was so heavily bombed with negative reviews. Because it’s Switch exclusive? Grow up people.
  80. Sep 2, 2019
    De lo mejor que ay en Nintendo Switch Un gran sistema de lucha Y una ambientación increíble Y técnicamente brillante
  81. Sep 1, 2019
    Combat: 9/10
    Story: 9/10
    Graphics (for a Switch game): 10/10
    Value: 9/10

Overall: 9.5/10. Rounding up cause of the pissed off losers giving it a 0 because it's not on their system. Get the game. it's awesome.
  82. Sep 2, 2019
    Excelente juego, de lo mejor en Switch 100 de 100, Platinum y Nintendo, ahora sigue Nier Automata, el mejor trabajo.
  83. Sep 8, 2019
    Just what you would expect from Platinum Games , they manage to deliver another great action role playing game. In Astral Chain, you play as a character who link with its Legions to perform different types of attacks combination, the combat in the game is really fast and explosive. The world design in the game feels unique and the battle soundtrack in the game is just superb which add intoJust what you would expect from Platinum Games , they manage to deliver another great action role playing game. In Astral Chain, you play as a character who link with its Legions to perform different types of attacks combination, the combat in the game is really fast and explosive. The world design in the game feels unique and the battle soundtrack in the game is just superb which add into the atmosphere. There's not much to complain other than they could have improve the camera angle of the game which sometimes doesn't follow your Legion or your main character when they are far apart, the story in the game is really rich but there are some part which is predictable and uses some of the old "anime cliche" story but nonetheless the story is still really good. Ultimately this is one of the game you should pick up if you own a Nintendo Switch, you wouldn't be disappointed by this game that's much I could assure you.

My persona verdict
    Soundtrack - 8/10
    Characters - 8/10
    Story- 8/10
    Gameplay - 9/10
  84. Aug 31, 2019
    This game is a MUST play if you own a switch, if you don't, you can always buy one, I know it sounds like a zany idea, but it's true.
  85. Sep 2, 2019
    Increíble espectacular. Lo mejor del 2019 sin lugar a dudas
  86. Aug 31, 2019
    Amazing game. It has cats in it and toilets and something that's missing from many games these days, fun. Also no slot machines.
  87. Sep 14, 2019
    Astral Chain is one of the best switch exclusives out there reaching top 3 with Zelda and Mario
    this game is packed with action and cool story and because of its developers Platinum Games you already know this game will have the coolest art style that goes so well with the switch

story: you are and your twin sibling enrolled together to the police academy and your grades were the highest in the class that caught the attention of a secret police task force called neuron
    neuron is a special police task force that battles invisible creatures called the chimera and can only be seen by people that have a legion ( basically a tamed chimera) neuron equips you and your sibling with a legion and you become the newest neuron member that protects humanity and the ark which is the last city of the humans

pros:

game starts right away no main menu just press two buttons and it just dives in to the cut scene
    but then after you start the game again there will be a main menu so no need to worry

the art style Platinum Games went with is just beautiful looking and i was just amazed by it

Platinum Games really worked hard on the game and it can be seen they poured their heart into it
    from the funny side quests to the amount of detail they managed to add and so much more

while free roaming in the map you can do cop stuff such as arrest graphite artists and pick up littered trash and cleaning up the streets by doing that you will get good points for obeying the law and if you destroy property you will get bad points for not acting like an officer which is a good thing because it kind of keeps the role playing alive

the amount of detail and animations they added is just astonishing i was really amazed by the game even more than a normal ps4 title only because its a switch exclusive and it is hard to do a good looking game on a weak console like the switch

the endgame missions are a cool add on adding more difficult missions and newer monsters and the whole thing is just awesome

the music is just awesome although recycled at certain locations the music is just a masterpiece and fits really well with the action scenes and the resting chill moments

cons:

the character you pick is just voiceless and has no personality what so ever and the other twin just takes
    the spotlight which just sucks i really wished my character would have a voice and talk about all whats going on and not be a voiceless blend character

It really annoyed me the whole Im the main hero and give me all your powers meaning at the end you will have all the legions they show you in the beginning and it really sucks because they could just give you three or two special ones and let the other characters keep theirs and so they could do more character development and make you care more about the characters you meet

not much replay value you can replay the game twice with the other twin but besides that and changing the difficulty there isn't much

they really recycled the homunculus bosses although there was a different approach every time it was still annoying to fight the same enemy 4 or 5 times

in conclusion astral chain is a must buy switch exclusive although there are some minor problems the game is really amazing and i really recommend it my final score to astral chain is a 9 out of 10
  88. Sep 2, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A game that truly makes good use of the switch, both in looks, gameplay, and sound, its art style helps compensate for the fact the switch is a low performer showing the devs knew what they had to work with, with a kicking soundtrack that suits each encounter scene and situation and the gameplay is fun with options for both the casual and hardcore so no one is left out, highly reccomended Expand
  89. Sep 3, 2019
    Astral Chain holds all the elements that make the game worth playing, providing the player with amazing amounts of graphic scenery, mind gripping stories, and large amounts of maps with abilities that you can use to traverse the lands that help envelop the player deeper into the game's story.

When I first picked up Astral Chain, I was immediately hooked. My first play-through of the game was three hours straight and I honestly didn’t want to go to sleep at the end of that night. The game chained me down with its intense stories and dramatic characters and effects that I honestly made me feel as if I were the main character, fighting against the world with my Legions.

Astral Chain offers a lot of cool and creative ways of playing the game, giving you a decent amount of character creation! Nothing big, but definitely something that'll help you create the character that you desire, whether it be you, an imaginary character, or even some OC 's online. There is even the ability to change your character's Pants, Shirts, Hats and even the ability to change their hair and characteristics after the original creation of the character has already been made.

When you go out to explore the game, it helps direct you with maps that are simple to navigate but at the same time don't make the game too easy for you. Not allowing the ability to find important items easier, but instead directing you to important events, missions, and characters without you have to spend most of the game trying to figure out where your objective actually is.

The fighting mechanics were BEAUTIFULLY crafted with the mechanics at first being easy to understand and gradually becoming more and more mechanical. With some true dedication and training, you can pull off HUGE strands and combos that are Dante level kinds of crazy. The UI definitely helps with fighting, being crystal clear and displaying all the necessary information while the sound cues are hear-able, and spot-on when it comes to something important going on in a fight and the utility of the Legions caught me off guard, at first making me think that I would only be allowed to use the Legion abilities in battle, but I was shocked when I discovered that all of the abilities granted to the Legions, were 100% always usable in the world to traverse various types of lands, solve cases and missions throughout the game, and even altering and shifting various amounts of lands and platforms too.

Performance in the game is AMAZING, you'll notice a small bit of frame dropping when there are hundreds of enemies on the screen at one time, but it usually only lasts just a few seconds, and it then clears up right away. The game feels great in both TV and Handheld mode, and both modes look flawless retaining the graphics for both modes of play.

The difficulty of the overall game is pretty accurate to its description, Easy, Casual, and Hard modes are given to you and you are allowed to swap and change these modes whenever you please after every "file" or world event is complete, even if you're playing on Normal or Easy mode, you'll still have some difficulties with bosses that should be pretty difficult to regardless.

To chain everything together, Astral Chain provided me with a breathtaking experience through a Mechanical world, creating a strong bond not only with my Legion, but with the story, and the characters within the game. It created strong incredible scenes that lifted me out of my seat, made me excited, sad, and even sometimes confused and it continuously pulled me in with its amazing plot developments and its executions, chaining me down to my chair for hours on end locking me away with its story.
  90. Aug 31, 2019
    One second in the game and I have already the fun of my life. Art sytle and the grapic look really good for a game and the story is interesting too. But the best thing is the gameplay. I have so much fun with it.
  91. Sep 2, 2019
    Great game!! Very fast and great designs. Very inerest history. For you heaters.
  92. Sep 1, 2019
    Great game, whit pretty new mechanics, not your ordinary hack n slash, one of the beat Switch exclusives, pretty solid 30FPS and awesome art. I dont want to spoil anybody but the plot twist it's very exciting
  93. Sep 2, 2019
    Genial. No me arrepiento de su compra. El estilo de pelea y aventura con un poco de detective me ha encantado y me recuerda mucho a Xenoblade x
  94. Sep 1, 2019
    The combat system is unique and very innovative but at times a bit frustrating due to its slower pace and a worse dodging mechanic than what's used in the Bayonetta series. What makes this game really stand out though are the graphics and the great Blade Runner-like environmnents, the well made action, the characters, the story that keeps you interested enough and the investigation scenes.The combat system is unique and very innovative but at times a bit frustrating due to its slower pace and a worse dodging mechanic than what's used in the Bayonetta series. What makes this game really stand out though are the graphics and the great Blade Runner-like environmnents, the well made action, the characters, the story that keeps you interested enough and the investigation scenes. I highly recommend this game. I even think it may become a candidate for Game of the Year Expand
  95. Sep 3, 2019
    One of the most impressive games released in this generation. A complete new IP, full of action, imersive story and good variety of gameplay, supported by good controls and beautifull grafics. It's a must buy game!
  96. Sep 2, 2019
    One of the Best Games the Switch can offer . Visuals are stunning . Game pase is surprisingly good even though it's not as fast as the ones like Bayonetta . Over all . You will definitely enjoy every aspect of the game . A must have
  97. Aug 31, 2019
    good story, very good combat style, good music, its like a mix between bayonetta and your traditional anime game. Worth picking up
  98. Sep 1, 2019
    Eu adorei o jogo, simplesmente um dos melhores da platinum que eu joguei até agora

Para o pessoal que tá dando nota baixa só porque o jogo é de Switch,lhes desejo um canavial de rola
  99. GBW
    Sep 1, 2019
    Amazing characters, art, and gameplay. This game is stunning to look at. The combat is addicting. The station and “non mission” areas feel and sound like Persona. I enjoy it very much so. This game was bombed by trolls that have no life. Take it from someone who actually owns the game. This new IP is something special. Metacritic needs to be actively working against review bombing insteadAmazing characters, art, and gameplay. This game is stunning to look at. The combat is addicting. The station and “non mission” areas feel and sound like Persona. I enjoy it very much so. This game was bombed by trolls that have no life. Take it from someone who actually owns the game. This new IP is something special. Metacritic needs to be actively working against review bombing instead of being idle while the platform becomes toxic. People that enjoy the game shouldn’t have to feel the need to defend it but here we are. We should be able to trust this site to weed out reviewers that have negative trends or put holds on user review scores. Expand
  100. Sep 2, 2019
    Lmao people are actually giving this masterpiece a negative review cuase they dont own a switch? what a joke. Do yourself a favor and buy this game ASAP.

1. Nov 7, 2019
    Despite the hardware limitations and a handful of odd design choices, Astral Chain is one of the best new IPs to hit in recent years and one deserving the attention of every Switch owner.
  2. Game World Navigator Magazine
    Oct 11, 2019
    Every aspect of Astral Chain is captivating in its own way. [Issue#240, p.42]
  3. Oct 8, 2019
    PlatinumGames has surly shown that they still got it in the action game genre and are still leading game developers there. The two-character combat is bombastic and exciting, the detective exploration system is truly great and the story and characters tie all that together in a nice package no one should miss out on.