6.4

1. Jul 9, 2019
    Battle Princess Madelyn is a fun platform game. It gave us a retro feeling from the 90's. After the patches it works fine. I loved it before the patches as well. It's a challenging game and I can't wait to play the sequel: 8/10

Mixed or average reviews - based on 16 Critic Reviews

1. Mar 4, 2019
    A nonlinear Ghosts 'n Goblins styled game is an interesting but surprisingly bad choice for a video game design. Yet even though it's far from perfect, it still manages to hit hard on those few nostalgia points, and give you an enjoyable experience.
  2. Feb 5, 2019
    I’d highly suggest checking out Battle Princess Madelyn, or possibly revisiting the game if you already played it around launch. The changes made so far have all been positive, and it’s certainly one of the best attempts at nailing the Ghosts ‘n Goblins formula that I’ve seen in recent years.
  3. Feb 5, 2019
    Battle Princess Madelyn is not without its problems. While its arcade mode is easily the most enjoyable, it also ends up defeating the purpose of including a metroidvania component in the game. With a high difficulty level and some memorable cut scenes, it also has some gameplay issues that require solving and which stand on the way of making this a more recommended title.