8.0

1. Sep 27, 2019
    Pretty disappointing. It's not bad, it's just not great. It's a good looking game, but the weapons are dull and make things more difficult that they should be. Reviews made the fun factor seem higher than it actually is, though I played SP and perhaps it's only meant to be played co-op. I would be unimpressed if a friend forced me to place this with him.
  2. Mar 5, 2020
    I really like this game, but the difficulty ruins the fun. This game should be a 9 or 10. I have it on easy and yet find it difficult to play longer than 5 minutes at a time.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 14 Critic Reviews

1. Jul 30, 2019
    Blazing Chrome’s gameplay borrows a lot from many arcade classics, no question. But a shorter experience that’d be worth a few quarters in a coin-op might not be worth $16.99, especially with the highly repetitive nature (and communication error popups). For better or worse, this title has the overall feel of a relic. As an older gamer who grew up with arcades, it should hold high appeal to me. Yet I can’t help but find myself thinking more about the games it’s trying to emulate, at least when playing solo.
  2. Jul 29, 2019
    At last we have the missing link between Contra and Metal Slug. JoyMasher has managed to capture the essence of the genre in an exceptional way.
  3. Jul 22, 2019
    Konami might be reviving Contra in its own way, but it is unlikely it will scratch the same itch that fans have been grasping for all these years. From the wild rail gun shooting sequence, to the frantic battle with a huge cycloptic Terminator knock-off, Blazing Chrome is worthy to be held in the same league of the action games that inspired it. This is easily one of the greatest 2D action games on the Nintendo Switch, and it is made all the better thanks to its accessible two-player co-op mode. It is fun with friends and enemies. It may not burn for long, but Blazing Chrome burns extremely bright.