A highly relaxing timer-based game where you help NPCs with their daily chores.
Bob Help Them is a timer-based game, where your goal is to help all NPC's, gathering resources, cooking food, fishing, and chopping wood before the timer ends. Enjoy the calming countryside while supportingA highly relaxing timer-based game where you help NPCs with their daily chores.
Bob Help Them is a timer-based game, where your goal is to help all NPC's, gathering resources, cooking food, fishing, and chopping wood before the timer ends. Enjoy the calming countryside while supporting craftsmen with their daily chores.
In Bob Help Them you can:
▪ Become a completionist. Finish 35 levels, help 6 NPCs, and collect 105 stars!
▪ Strategize. Learn who to help first, or how to sequence your activities to be as effective as possible.
▪ Bake. Cook a lovely pie from the freshly harvested fruit.
▪ Mine. Use a pickaxe to acquire stone, iron, or gold.
▪ Smelt. A nearby Forger needs your support. Take iron nuggets and turn them into a shiny ingot.
▪ Chop. Grab an axe and gather wood for Lumberjack.
▪ Fish. Find the closest pond and cast a fishing rod.
▪ Fry. Collect eggs from the chicken coop and fry them over the campfire so Chef can prepare a perfect meal.
▪ Harvest. Does the Farmer need some apples? Pick them from a tree and lighten up his day.
▪ Pet doggos. Yes, that’s one of your tasks, and it’s highly satisfying too.
▪ Catch the “One more level syndrome”. The simple and solid game design will draw you in.
▪ Chill. Operating under time pressure is usually associated with stress, in Bob Help Them it is quite the opposite. Cheerful music and being an important member of a small community sparks a relaxing atmosphere into the game… Expand
Dec 28, 2021The difficulty curve is accessible enough to let everyone in and the game doesn't impose anything too harsh on an unsuspecting audience. At the same time, Bob Help Them is too simple for its own good. There are many puzzle games available on the Nintendo Switch with more ambitious challenges and audiovisual production, which makes it difficult for Bob Help Them to stand out for players beyond the core target of puzzle fans.
Mar 20, 2021I enjoyed Bob Help Them’s wholesome nature and the action/puzzle/time management dynamic is an interesting idea. Unfortunately, the gameplay is too simplistic for its own good. Every action is performed the exact same way, and the gameplay doesn’t evolve over the course of its thirty-five levels. You’ll do the same thing in level one that you do in level thirty-five. There’s just nothing to spice up the gameplay, and the only real challenge is time management. It’s not a bad way to spend a lunch break, but it’s difficult to not want something more from it.
Mar 15, 2021Bob Help Them is likely not the right fit for fans of simulation games like Animal Crossing: New Horizons or Stardew Valley, but it could be good for those who enjoy quick, simple strategy games with easy puzzles. While the overall idea and gameplay objectives are cute and quirky, there is room for improvement if the developers decide to further expand the game in future update patches. Doing so could make Bob Help Them more appealing for its players, but for now, there's not much of a reason to engage with its charming but overly simplistic premise.