8.3

1. Apr 18, 2019
    Cuphead is still as great as ever, and now you can play it on the go. Any old school gamers will be pleased. Just be prepared for a challenge.
  2. Apr 19, 2019
    A fantastic game so colorful and with amazing animation. The effort by the creators is evident in every part of the game. Incredibly difficult but in the way that makes you want to beat it more. Highly recommend it
  3. Apr 24, 2019
    I didn’t do much research and just bought the game based on all the rave reviews. I’m not going to say it’s crap, because it’s a well-made game. But I found the atmosphere rang far more hollow than I expected. And I’m not going to lie; the difficulty basically turned this into an expensive rental that I’ll probably never play again. I don’t have time or energy to drive myself this crazyI didn’t do much research and just bought the game based on all the rave reviews. I’m not going to say it’s crap, because it’s a well-made game. But I found the atmosphere rang far more hollow than I expected. And I’m not going to lie; the difficulty basically turned this into an expensive rental that I’ll probably never play again. I don’t have time or energy to drive myself this crazy anymore.
    It’s a solidly built platform shooter. Structurally I have no complaints. But the retro style look did not feel genuine in my opinion and like I also said earlier; the difficulty just takes all the fun away. So it wasn’t really for my tastes, but I do see how others may enjoy it.
  4. Apr 20, 2019
    A phenominal acheivment that deserves to be played. I can't say enough good thing about this game.
  5. Jun 2, 2019
    Let's get this out of the way. I am a big retro game fan. Cuphead on its surface is a 'reskinned' Contra game. Despite its beautiful graphic, done in a style reminiscent of toons form the 30's, it is an old school game at its heart. Herein lies its biggest problem. I could not imagine why reviewers put this as the '2nd coming' and game of the year material. It is not. I have played soLet's get this out of the way. I am a big retro game fan. Cuphead on its surface is a 'reskinned' Contra game. Despite its beautiful graphic, done in a style reminiscent of toons form the 30's, it is an old school game at its heart. Herein lies its biggest problem. I could not imagine why reviewers put this as the '2nd coming' and game of the year material. It is not. I have played so many run and gun games over the year and I can assure you, it is not even close to 'Contra 3: The Alien Wars'. It is also a studio that revels that old Nintendo style magic; akin to hair pulling but addictive offerings like Donkey Kong Country. Cuphead strives for it but never really striking that 'sweet spot'. There is a sense of repetitiveness on the way you handled the beautifully animated bosses. Power up are locked away for the 'hardcore fan' and you ended up using a 'stupid' pea shooter throughout most of the game. The parry system which was essential, was not explained 'clearly'. Heck, I even have to look up in you tube how to use the super special. Yeah, a lot of users may say..wow..'Dharma you noob', but Cuphead feels like a game that purposely punish the players. Well, I seemed to be harsh here but this is due to the lofty expectations I had because of the reviews. As it is, a great offering from an Indie studio, which has incredible potential, but not a '9' or even a '10'. As it is on the Switch, it pales in comparison with regard to Nintendo's own games. Expand
  6. Apr 21, 2019
    Cuphead is a really fabulous game!!

......"Great day for a swell battle"..... Visuals 100/100 Everything in this game was created following the old cartoon art, and it looks great. All bosses are a delight for the eye, the world map is very catchy. The only drawback is when you are fighting, there are lots of colorful things on the screen and may confuse you. Music 80/100
    Cuphead is a really fabulous game!!

......"Great day for a swell battle".....

Visuals 100/100

Music 80/100
    Old jazz music was selected for this game and that was an excellent decision, just to match the old cartoon style. But sometimes it feels too loud or too fast, it should have mixed up with some low tempo songs.

Story 80/100
    Very simple story, just a problem to solve: not letting the devil devour your soul. It may sound like no story at all, but hey... Mario games or platforms not oriented to gameplay have a deep, meaningful story?

Gameplay 90/100
    Gameplay may be simple at first, but takes time to master. Shooting, dashing and jumping must be done at the right moments to minimize the risk of being hit. Even if you have mastered the gameplay, it may take several attempts to really beat bosses. Sometimes you take control of an airplane, but manipulating it is similar to walking. As long as you progress through the game and collect coins, you can acquire abilities that can be used to face bosses, making levels a bit easier.

Length and difficulty. 90/100
    The game is really short, but all those attempts took some time. Most of the time you are fighting bosses, but I wish you could do more platform missions. The difficulty is hard, really hard, but that is not a drawback, real platform players who seek a challenge, they will really have fun with this game. This is challenging and not suited for everyone (easily frustrating people).

Overall 90/100
    It is really a fun game, beautifully made to the eye and the music is jazzy, which is perfect. It offers a real challenge because of its difficulty, but it is something that gives soul to the game, the feeling of beating a tough enemy is great.
  7. Apr 20, 2019
    Absolutely fantastic homage to cartoons of old! Has a nice difficulty curve that anyone that bothers to put in at least a small effort can get the hang of.
  8. May 15, 2019
    Visually fantastic and dripping with detail. The game runs perfectly on Switch and comes with extra visual filters to help the player capture the aesthetic of the old-timey cartoons it so lovingly replicates.

The gameplay is a bit of a bullet-hell run and gun with emphasis on evasive play and customizable characters which allow the player to tweak the game to match their playstyle as they go on. It's quite difficult but rarely feels frustrating or unfair. The game rewards players for being observant, taking risks and exploring the boundaries of what they can do. It's not a game one can simply rush through as each boss will take some time to learn to beat, but the challenge never feels like a roadblock as it might in some other, less carefully crafted high-difficulty games.
  9. Jun 16, 2019
    Oh god! if there was EVER a bloatingly overrated game, ever, in the full 4 decade history of videogames - cuphead is the one.
    Please, do NOT buy into the overrated exaggerations, this game is built on one simple element: give the player lousy controls, and thwart the player by creating levels at impossible angles - just downright annoying every step of the way!
    You will encounter a game
    You will encounter a game that is extremely difficult, and the only reason is that, as I mentioned, the player's controls are hindered on purpose.
    I trusted all those amazing user reviews and bought the game, and every time I tried to give it a go, I wad annoyed and disappointed again, and again, and again.
    What on over-hyped, historical, outdated game. Like many things nowadays, it's the HYPE ALONE that makes people "like" this - just like, hypster beards: does anyone really believe it's just a coincidence that 85% of people all of a sudden like beards? They don't. They say they do, because others have them. They "go with the flow".
    Don't "go with the flow", this game is worthless. In fact, I'm betting if it had 16 color graphics, like for example (a true masterpiece) undertale - its popularity would plummet. Because other than a funky retro style - there is NOTHING on offer here.
    I can't believe I bought this. Don't do it. Waste of money.
  10. Apr 22, 2019
    Just No why this matter that game is good?
    Art 4/10
    Music 4/10
    Story Meh 0/10
    Development 0/10
    Gameplay 3/10
    Boss 1/10
    Overrall 2/10
    Cuphead may be weakest toons that no points care about them
  11. Apr 21, 2019
    Мне игра не понравилась. Первая такая игра в моей жизни и то не очень впечатлила.
  12. Apr 26, 2019
    That was fun, I can’t wait to never play it again.

That was fun, I can’t wait to never play it again.

Seriously though, people weren’t joking about this game’s difficulty. It’s a rough and often frustrating challenge. And I can’t count how many times my jaw would drop after I’d finally get to the end of a difficult level, and the game would show me the time it took to get through that level, only to find it only took like two minutes or less. This game is so frantic and stressful it makes you feel like you’ve been playing for an hour after ten minutes.

I only have one major complaint, and it’s that sometimes taking damage or dying really does feel cheap. Most of the time, when you take damage or die, it’s immediately apparent what you should’ve done differently or that your reflexes simply weren’t quick enough, but sometimes, the screen will be so chaotic and cluttered that I’ll die and have no idea what I could’ve done to avoid taking damage, but that doesn’t happen so often that it tarnished the experience. This is a really fun and visually brilliant game.
  13. Apr 20, 2019
    My second favorite game is finally comming to my favorite console. Its a must have for all Switch owners. I bought this game for the 3rd time now. Everything about this game is fantastic. I hope that everyone gets this masterpiece.

14. Apr 20, 2019
    This a full of army of little kid-teen playing this game and ruined the old Cartoon Communities
    Really Cuphead? What was Studio MDHR Thinking?
    Since after 2 days later is already Most controversial outside the Internet. The New toons is just Disgusting, Horrible fanbase, cancerous fandom, Ocs, Too many Crossover, Fan Game, Rule 34, Younger Kids and the rest. Our Childhood are been
    Really Cuphead? What was Studio MDHR Thinking?
    Since after 2 days later is already Most controversial outside the Internet.

Our Childhood are been ruined by mostly Indie game Fandom.
    most of the fandom are evil, why they doing this, they not iconic enough to like them.
    What a big duel of Indie game from of the first place
    Amino can tell how many people are there with any franchise such as Cartoon Characters, Video Game Character, Anime and other thing like that.
    Just avoid the popular Indie game it killed you and it make the other fan unhappy.
  15. Apr 20, 2019
    A Terrible chose creating this game for first that Inspired by the cartoons of the 1930s.
    Say I Disagree with this game.
    We had Sonic, Animanics, BATIM and Now Cuphead. all them mostly been used to the Classic Cartoon to give them pouplar and newer to the fan To milking the Franchise and Fandom.
    This game is just not that good.
    i say not recommended that stay away.
  16. Apr 20, 2019
    Old Cartoon was Awesome but the new toons is kinda ruined for everyone.

-Weak character
    -Fandom (Indie Game)
    -Insulted to the Classic Cartoon

Not Recommended
  17. Apr 21, 2019
    This Game is failed for many level.
    - Character are Uncreative
    - Not even fun at all. - Main Characters are useless plot, personally and Non-Animal Type - Cheap Rip off Change my mind Studio MDHR shouldn't make another game that from the 1930's. Indie Gamer Company want to milking more and more and hurting their fanbase Cuphead and Bendy were created as Both Company is highly
    This Game is failed for many level.
    - Character are Uncreative
    - Not even fun at all.
    - Main Characters are useless plot, personally and Non-Animal Type
    - Cheap Rip off

Change my mind Studio MDHR shouldn't make another game that from the 1930's.

Indie Gamer Company want to milking more and more and hurting their fanbase
    Cuphead and Bendy were created as Both Company is highly backslash to the old Cartoon.
    That they do they made too many crossover, Ocs, Shipping that highly annoying and ruining for me.
    There many game better then this.
  18. Nov 2, 2019
    This game's difficulty is infuriating, not fun. The graphics are beautiful but by the first level you'll find yourself pisspummeled by bulls--t that you can rarely escape from. Like the first boss battle is a huge Bubble that take up about 1/3rd of the screen then backs you into a corner and punches you in the face leaving you no room to escape. The enemies attacks are cheap and nearlyThis game's difficulty is infuriating, not fun. The graphics are beautiful but by the first level you'll find yourself pisspummeled by bulls--t that you can rarely escape from. Like the first boss battle is a huge Bubble that take up about 1/3rd of the screen then backs you into a corner and punches you in the face leaving you no room to escape. The enemies attacks are cheap and nearly impossible to dodge. This game was obviously developed around the graphics, with almost not thought to the gameplay. I'd much rather play a game that's actually fun with crap graphics than this game that's not fun at all but beautiful. Getting a refund on this. I'll just play Super Metroid or something. Expand
  19. Apr 20, 2019
    Awesome game! If you can't play it because it's "too hard" (pff), go back to the Playstation movies.
  20. Apr 20, 2019
    Too Hard, Awful Characters, not fan to play. No plot, Development at all.
    That Terrible copy paste to old Cartoon.
    The Indie Fandom is Disgusting alone side of BATIM.
  21. Apr 21, 2019
    Lo probé por primera vez en PC, pero para mi gusto, la versión paraSwitch es la definitiva. La oportunidad de jugarlo en modo portatil y multiplayer sin accesorios demás, con la misma calidad que en las otras versiones no tiene comparación. Con mi novia lo compramos de lanzamiento en la switch, y llevamos horas riendo, peleando y divirtiendonos con este jueguito, gracias a los amigos deLo probé por primera vez en PC, pero para mi gusto, la versión paraSwitch es la definitiva. La oportunidad de jugarlo en modo portatil y multiplayer sin accesorios demás, con la misma calidad que en las otras versiones no tiene comparación. Con mi novia lo compramos de lanzamiento en la switch, y llevamos horas riendo, peleando y divirtiendonos con este jueguito, gracias a los amigos de microsoft por compartirlo. Hablando ya del juego, las mecánicas clásicas de un juego de este género con un toque de dificultad que se agradece, te invita a superarte a ti mismo, memorizar patrones, adaptarte a los imprevistos y ejecutar todo sin fallos para lograr superar el nivel, te lleva de viaje a la buena epoca de los videojuegos. Finalmente, en apartado gráfico es increible, realmente se disfruta cada fotograma animado, cada personaje, fondo e ilustración esta animado a la perfección y junto a la música, te hace vivir nuevamente los comienzos de la animación.
    Si te gustan los desafios, 100% recomendado.
  22. May 6, 2019
    Great animation. Gameplay, music, and overall you can see the enormous quantity of effort and pasion the developers put in this product
  23. Apr 23, 2019
    Un must have ! Un portage parfait sans concession, identique à la version originale. Le jeu est beau, fluide, et d'une difficulté bien relevée. Bref, vous en aurez pour votre argent ! Bien entendu, il n'est pas recommandée pour les personnes sans expérience ;-)
  24. May 7, 2019
    Any gamer looking for a challenge can't go wrong with purchasing Cuphead. Difficult boss fights and animations that pay perfect homage to old cartoons are the heart and soul of this game. Honestly, I would have been disappointed if it didn't take me over 200 deaths to complete this game.
  25. Apr 30, 2019
    The bosses are memorable, and require you to learn their attacks. The art style is pretty appealing. Just all around fun. Can't wait for the DLC.
  26. Apr 26, 2019
    Cuphead is a beautiful throwback to a time much simpler then today. The graphics being hand drawn are a wonderful edition with the 1930's filter adding that homemade touch. over all if you want to play a great game that's only 20 dollars and will give you hours of enjoyment, look no further than cuphead on the switch!
  27. May 2, 2019
    TBH this is my first time touching this game and i gotta say it's hard and really adictive. characters are **** awesome, the old cartoon atmosphere is perfect, so colorful, very good fluid gameplay and the MUSIC is simply PHENOMENAL ... The Switch version is amazing. Just one tip, for better experience use the pro controller because play with the joycons is sometimes awful when you'reTBH this is my first time touching this game and i gotta say it's hard and really adictive. characters are **** awesome, the old cartoon atmosphere is perfect, so colorful, very good fluid gameplay and the MUSIC is simply PHENOMENAL ... The Switch version is amazing. Just one tip, for better experience use the pro controller because play with the joycons is sometimes awful when you're fighting the bosses !!! Expand
  28. May 23, 2019
    Cuphead's aesthetic is nothing short of truly wonderful. The gameplay is good but heavily favors playing with a partner, as going it alone will send even seasoned gamers into volcanic bouts of rage at its near-absurd unforgiving level of difficulty.
  29. Aug 9, 2019
    I haven't words to say about it. This games turns back the cartoon style with a challenger gameplay.
    I cant remember when the last time that I saw something like that. In fact, CupHead has a style did with whim. The
    only issue's the game itself is too much little....so, you needed a few hours to complete it.

30. Jun 28, 2019
    It's great that Cuphead is on the Nintendo Switch and I pity for Playstation users who are missing the fun, that's if they own a PC. Playing this game anywhere, anytime is the feature I've always wanted and the Switch did that role by enabling me to play through portability. I played it for a couple of hours in my own time and outside of my campus. Animations are so great and there'sIt's great that Cuphead is on the Nintendo Switch and I pity for Playstation users who are missing the fun, that's if they own a PC. Playing this game anywhere, anytime is the feature I've always wanted and the Switch did that role by enabling me to play through portability. I played it for a couple of hours in my own time and outside of my campus. Animations are so great and there's nothing different to what you would find in the Xbox or PC when playing Cuphead. Expand
  31. Jun 1, 2019
    Un juego super divertido, ame cada minuto q he disfrutado con el, juegos como estos son los q deberían jugar todo el mundo.
  32. May 16, 2019
    Easy 10 for me. I love this game. I got it alongside Divinity Original Sin 2 & I was just going to play Cuphead on the road, but this game is too much fun. I’m playing it with my little brother a second time to see how well we do against bosses.

If you’re the kind of person who wants an easy experience there’s a simple difficulty, but you can’t progress in the game because you need contracts to go forth, which can only be earned in regular battles.

If you don’t like to be challenged, this game isn’t for you to buy and whine about how the game should let you progress on easy mode. If you like challenges, buy this ASAP.
  33. Jun 21, 2019
    Amazing third person shooter
    Very artistic, bealtifull graphics
    Perfect gameplay fot 1p, for 2 is a litllte bit confunsing
    But i loved
  34. Jun 11, 2019
    Giving a 10 straight ahead! I love platformers and a good challenge. Cuphead is a perfect mix.
  35. May 18, 2019
    Really nice graphics, great gameplay, and just the right amount of challenge. If you appreciate an adventure and gameplay that makes you feel accomplished with every victory, this is a must.
  36. Jun 19, 2019
    Es un juego muy bueno, me gustan mucho las dinámicas y todos los escenarios que se presentan. Tiene un nivel de dificultad muy bueno, aunque con facilidad te puede hacer enfadar jaja. Excelente juego.
  37. Aug 30, 2019
    lo jugue primero en la pc y ahora lo juego nuevamente en la switch, recomendado, ah y por cierto los que dicen que este juego es "dificil" uff se nota que no saben de videojuegos, tiene su dificultad, si, es solo un reto mas no un gran desafió, se puede superar.
  38. Jul 17, 2019
    This game launched at $20.00 and is worth every single penny of its purchase price. The game is challenging however it will make you a better gamer overall and it genuinely fun to play. The art style is genuinely incredible as well as the soundtrack.
  39. May 18, 2019
    Absolutely amazing from the art style to the gameplay. Definitely worth 20$
  40. Jul 9, 2019
    I have4haven't beaten the game yet but I freaking enjoy playing this with my brothers and we have a blast like sure we die a lot but yet that somehow that just makes it more fun.
  41. May 17, 2019
    It seems like after a weak start, this year is looking great. Cuphead is one of the best indie games I have played alongside celeste and undertale, with a compelling story, masterful gameplay, and an innovative artstyle, this game rises above the competition in almost every conceivable way. It does have a controlling issue, but other than that, I can easily say this is possibly one of theIt seems like after a weak start, this year is looking great. Cuphead is one of the best indie games I have played alongside celeste and undertale, with a compelling story, masterful gameplay, and an innovative artstyle, this game rises above the competition in almost every conceivable way. It does have a controlling issue, but other than that, I can easily say this is possibly one of the best indie games on the switch. Expand
  42. May 28, 2019
    Cuphead is a visual masterpiece with beautiful hand-drawn 1930s style characters. The movement feels smooth and so does the combat. This game is also a super difficult, rage-worthy experience. While a little challenge is not a bad thing some bosses can feel impossible. You have to dodge tons of items and figure out a bosses pattern. The negative is that sometimes the difficulty is veryCuphead is a visual masterpiece with beautiful hand-drawn 1930s style characters. The movement feels smooth and so does the combat. This game is also a super difficult, rage-worthy experience. While a little challenge is not a bad thing some bosses can feel impossible. You have to dodge tons of items and figure out a bosses pattern. The negative is that sometimes the difficulty is very unfair and even unpreventable causing you to lose one of your precious lives without having a chance to save it. Expand
  43. Jun 15, 2019
    Might be hard. But is one of the greatest games ever. 100000/10. This is a must-have for any switch owner.
  44. Jun 21, 2019
    Fantastic, challenging game with interesting and innovative graphics, amazing soundtrack, very hard but when you beat a boss it feels very satisfying.
  45. Jul 8, 2019
    love the idea and the retro concept of the game the challenging of all bosses make the game fun and entertaining
  46. Jul 17, 2019
    This might be my most favorite Nintendo switch port. I’m very glad to see that I can play cuphead on the go anytime anywhere I want. Plus I’m very excited for the DLC :)
  47. Feb 6, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Do not play it !!! I played dark souls like games but CUPHEAD is a trash.
    Unreasonably complex beautiful game, random boss attacks sometimes create an impassable corridor as a result of the loss of one life 100%.
    parrying attacks is useless from the word at all (only a set of cards), you can parry only pinks attacks.
    Developers owe me a new Nintendo Switch because I destroyed my switch in a rage.
    I love platform games, but there are only bosses, it’s very boring and enrages.
  48. Apr 26, 2020
    OH MY GOSH YEA ITS HARD and ii cant complete that game maybe iam "NOOB" I think
  49. Sep 20, 2019
    Great with a friend, but i would've never played this game alone.
    The local co op is incredibly fun and nothing feels impossible but it's challenging.
    A little too short for my taste tho.
  50. Feb 10, 2020
    A gloriously frustrating game, beautifully animated. It takes me around 80ish attempts for each boss but the feeling you get after beating each boss is probably the reason to keep playing the game.
  51. May 5, 2020
    Playing Cuphead on Nintendo Switch with my girlfriend and having an absolute hoot. Yes, it's tough, even on simple mode, but trying, dying, trying again and dying again has never been so much fun! The graphics and music are absolutely sublime and the animations are hilarious. We're having a great time! LOVE IT!
  52. Oct 7, 2019
    It has amazing graphics, sound, design, and what else, but it lacks an easy mode mainly for kids. My nephews loved the game, but it's frustating hard, which makes it impossible to them to play with me. Another con is, I don't know other versions, but the Switch version has too long loadings.
  53. Nov 13, 2019
    Great port, the game feels like it was created for Nintendo Switch. The game is good, as it was on X1 and PC, but the port is one of the best on NS.
  54. Apr 24, 2020
    The controls are stiff. With the amount of stuff on screen vying for attention you can't really process the visuals let alone enjoy them. Patterns are random and jank is very common, causing repetition to be rewarded over skill.

The game teaches players to guess not to react, because so much of what happens is unreactable due to the speed of the player character. It often found myself waiting for an input to register only to get punished for how slowly the game responded.

Instead of enjoyment after beating a level/boss I only felt spite because it's a frustrating experience. At no point was I finding ways to improve my playstyle for anything other than a specific section. You don't get good at Cuphead, you just memorize enough to eventually brute force your way through.

As usual, people will overlook a lot when visuals catch there eye. That's really the only reason anyone cared one tick. It's a marketing gimmick for a masochistic experience, which anyone can beat with enough time When people who prefer fun were unable to articulate the issue they were simply told "git gud".

The narrative became one where everyone willing to torment themselves long enough to beat it was a 'real gamer', not a 'filthy casual'. People got to feel as though they overcame a great challenge, instead of a poorly designed one. I didn't see that until I played it. Going in I assumed it was good based on what I heard and saw. What a disappointment.
  55. Feb 7, 2020
    This game is weird, but the animation is amazing. It’s a very strange premise and the characters are even stranger. Not sure who this is for, but I did buy it.
  56. Dec 4, 2019
    Amazing game, specially for the price.

The music and the 30s art style are really cool. Some bosses are really hard but you never feel bored, as there is something new to learn in every battle. It's challenging, specially if you're not used to play these kind of games, but very rewarding once you are able to pass it. On the downside, the run 'n gun levels are not at the level of the
    Amazing game, specially for the price.

On the downside, the run 'n gun levels are not at the level of the bosses' fights.

Overall, a very solid game
  57. Xam
    Sep 3, 2020
    FRANÇAIS
    Certes Cuphead a des graphismes et une musique magnifiques. Mais il est très court, et pour cacher cela on se fait pourrir par une difficulté punitive. Ne vous laissez pas tromper par son habillage : Cuphead va vous frustrer par sa suite de boss toujours plus pénibles, à peine interrompue par de rares niveaux de Run'n Gun.
  58. Aug 11, 2020
    Graphically beautiful. Very straightforward mechanics, but with a lot of challenges. Play until you can master every boss.
  59. Feb 10, 2020
    i think people have exaggerated cup heads difficulty. yeah you'll die a lot, but it's the kind of game where you're supposed to die. you get better with each attempt because you'll learn your enemies attack patterns. so if your hesitant to buy cuphead because you think it'll be too difficult, don't be, every challenge is totally do able
  60. Apr 3, 2020
    This game is beautiful. The music kicks ass and the animation sets a benchmark for what video games can be.
  61. Jan 31, 2020
    One of the best(if not the best) indies I have ever played.I was dodging this game for very long time because i though it would be irritating and very hard.But actually it's in the difficulty it should be.Challenging yes,but that kind of challenge where it's fast to learn the enemy and beat it in like 20 tries or less.And when you do beat him,you feel incredibly good.It may be harder forOne of the best(if not the best) indies I have ever played.I was dodging this game for very long time because i though it would be irritating and very hard.But actually it's in the difficulty it should be.Challenging yes,but that kind of challenge where it's fast to learn the enemy and beat it in like 20 tries or less.And when you do beat him,you feel incredibly good.It may be harder for casual games but they can still beat it and also thee is a Simple option where bosses become easier,but where is the fun in that?Definetely recommended. Expand
  62. Nov 26, 2019
    I went through the game on the lowest difficulty and therefore did not fight the main boss, but I can say this - it is very beautiful, extremely complex and insanely dynamic.
  63. Sep 28, 2019
    Não lembro de outro jogo, tão bem quanto esse no quesito arte gráfica. O game play é simples e claro com uma dificuldade elevada que necessita de adaptação a cada fase ou boss.
  64. Mar 9, 2020
    Cup Head is a masterpiece of a game. While it's hard, the art style and charm will keep you coming back for just one more try!
  65. Sep 24, 2019
    The game is quite beautyful and the music has a lot of charm but it loses some of this charm when the levels just become too difficult to complete. The level junkyard jive is just completely random projectile spam and does not seam fair at all. I do like challenging games but I like them when the enemies have a pattern that they stick to so that it is possible to learn the enemies movesThe game is quite beautyful and the music has a lot of charm but it loses some of this charm when the levels just become too difficult to complete. The level junkyard jive is just completely random projectile spam and does not seam fair at all. I do like challenging games but I like them when the enemies have a pattern that they stick to so that it is possible to learn the enemies moves and adapt to them(hollowknight for examples masters this perfectly). Expand
  66. Sep 30, 2019
    Master piece!!! A la switch le sienta genial y es una maravilla en todos los aspectos
  67. Feb 2, 2020
    Graphics: The classic cartoon style really works and is so great.
    Plot: Simple, yet amazing and funny.
    Gameplay: The gameplay is great, but I just wish it was a bit easier. Some of the levels are almost impossible. It is still really fun though.
    I would definitely recomend.
  68. Nov 4, 2019
    This amazing game contains fast pacing, memorable boss fights, a strong plot, and masterful music and animation. The game is infuriatingly difficult, but that makes it more fun. I can't think of a single thing keeping me from calling this the greatest indie game of all time.
  69. Dec 2, 2019
    Played the game on PC back in 2017 and i loved it, now i enjoy it again on the switch handle mode and it's perfect, can't wait for the upcoming dlc.
  70. Nov 21, 2019
    Je l'avais fait et fini sur PC et de pouvoir y jouer dans le canapé avec un ami c'est juste de la bombe ! Trop content de voir ce jeu sur switch.
    Bande son : 10
    Graphisme : 10
    Durée de vie : 8
    Je n'ai jamais testé solo car je ne vois pas l’intérêt de facilité les choses dans un jeu comme ça !
    Difficulté : 9
  71. Nov 26, 2019
    I love video games as much as I suck at them. Cuphead seduced me with its melodic charm and its stunning art of old that teases you with every attempt at cracking each boss. Hours will be spent, and you will find the patience and discipline to persevere -- this coming from a master procrastinator. Your loved ones of all ages will sit down around the TV like it's the golden age ofI love video games as much as I suck at them. Cuphead seduced me with its melodic charm and its stunning art of old that teases you with every attempt at cracking each boss. Hours will be spent, and you will find the patience and discipline to persevere -- this coming from a master procrastinator. Your loved ones of all ages will sit down around the TV like it's the golden age of television again, and everyone will want to step up for a round with the baddies. And in co-op, you can face off this devilish entrancement together -- just master reviving one another! You're welcome. Expand
  72. Feb 10, 2020
    Wow, reloading level over and over to get a good RNG on the enemy attack locations is...reaalllly good design. I mean..its not like the creat undodgeable death zones with the RNG or anything. Oh wait.. yeah this games design is LAuGHABLE. But the animation is very good. I have played hard games, this isnt one of them. Its entirely based on luck.
  73. Dec 14, 2019
    It's so hard and because of that I love it. The Art is unbelievable.
    Don't listen to the posts that say: It's too hard. At the beginning most of the bosses will seem impossible but the game is always fair and if you die it's never the fault of the game.
    It's 20 bucks so give it a try.
  74. Dec 26, 2019
    It's just perfect if you want to play a hard game that looks really nice. I played Cuphead for like 30 hours and I could play more.
  75. May 23, 2020
    The game art style is absolutely amazing, the boss fights while they are cool looking and the characters are interesting, the game suffers from difficulty spikes, while one boss fight I completed on regular on the first attempt, another I attempted on simple for a warmup took like 30 attempts, a simple easy mode would make the game a lot better, and while I get it’s supposed to be a hardThe game art style is absolutely amazing, the boss fights while they are cool looking and the characters are interesting, the game suffers from difficulty spikes, while one boss fight I completed on regular on the first attempt, another I attempted on simple for a warmup took like 30 attempts, a simple easy mode would make the game a lot better, and while I get it’s supposed to be a hard game, is it too much to ask for an easier because I love the game, but sometimes I quit playing because the bosses are sometimes like a stonewall and it doesn’t make for fun gameplay, I actually would rather have checkpoints, they would make such a vast improvement to the game, and have the the option to turn them off you want the hardest challenge possible, gameplay and art style alone would be enough to make this game a 8 or 9 out of ten, but because the difficulty spikes it’s not Expand
  76. Jan 11, 2020
    this game is a masterpiece and i love it
    Miguel Falabella e Hulk Agiota mo gayzao kkkkk
  77. Jan 29, 2020
    Amazing game. It's super fun and challenging. Sometimes frustrating but never that much that you don't want to try out again. You will need to play many hours to master the game, and that's what I like the most of this game!
  78. Jan 31, 2020
    I’m so glad they released this game on switch so I could play it. Really difficult but it’s addicting. There is no word to describe that feeling when you beat a boss after so many attempts. It’s a must buy imo.
  79. Feb 28, 2020
    Cuphead is one of the most unique games out there, with outstanding visuals gameplay bosses music almost everything is unique and new to the game scene, also it’s a very hard game. This game being very difficult is it’s only issues unfortunately, yes it’s so satisfying to destroy the hard bosses however the difficulty can get annoying very fast. However this game offers so much, the levelsCuphead is one of the most unique games out there, with outstanding visuals gameplay bosses music almost everything is unique and new to the game scene, also it’s a very hard game. This game being very difficult is it’s only issues unfortunately, yes it’s so satisfying to destroy the hard bosses however the difficulty can get annoying very fast. However this game offers so much, the levels and the bosses which are played in 2D are so much fun they are amazing and unique. The Co Op works well as well and you can also buy some upgrades it’s a unique feature for sure, haven’t I talked about the visuals because god damn it’s 1930 cartoon gold! Not to mention the damn music it’s so catchy it’s a masterpiece, even the stupid simple story is amazing. Cuphead is so so damn unique it’s a great time all the way through amazing bosses and levels with awesome music and visuals, yes the difficulty is still annoying which is kinda of a bummer but none the less must play. (Amazing 4/5) Your Missing Out! Expand
  80. Mar 25, 2020
    Yes, funny graphics, cool music, but too inaccurate.
    Sometimes in the same situation, same boss, you just get hit.
    Sometimes in the same situation, same boss, you just don't get hit. It's not perfectly clear what exactly hit you and when, so for some bosses you just have to count on your lucky stars, and not on your ability. The game is very short but dying continuously makes it very
    Yes, funny graphics, cool music, but too inaccurate.
    Sometimes in the same situation, same boss, you just get hit.
    Sometimes in the same situation, same boss, you just don't get hit.
    The game is very short but dying continuously makes it very long....
    There is a shop in the game but it is unnecessary, you can finish the game ignoring the coins or the purchases. It's a shame, there could be very good stuff in this kind of game.
    There are many more games in this category that are better.
    Cool idea yes, but sometimes (often) it is frustrating for the inaccuracy.
  81. Apr 23, 2020
    Cuphead is a 2D-Shooter in a 1930s style. The artwork and music is beautiful. The animators, drawers and musicians put so much love in this game. I dont recommend it for beginners because it is a very hard game, but that doesn't mean its bad! Its difficult in that way that makes you want to beat it more.
  82. Apr 25, 2020
    Introduction

This is without any question one of the best games that I played this year, it's frenetic, it's fun, and have amazing visuals. Graphics Like I said before, the visuals are amazing, that 1930 type of cartoon that the game have, it's such a good idea, give a other look to what Cuphead is. I can say that this game have one of the best visuals that I ever saw in a
    Introduction

Graphics

I can say that this game have one of the best visuals that I ever saw in a indie, not in terms of normal beauty, but yes how it joins the hardcore style of the game.

Gameplay

In the begging was hard to me adapt my self to the commands, because of my normal problem of not having a controller, that in this case is extremely needed. I'm mostly a RPG/FPS player and like in all the others indies that I play, the adaption it's kinda of hard, not saying that the commands are anything of special, but if you play mostly RPGs and FPS you will have some problems adapting in the beginning if you choose play with the keyboard.

About the stages/bosses of the game, I will not say that I don't like the idea of Cuphead have mostly bosses and don't soo many stages, but I would like to see a litle bit more places that you don't have to be soo frenetic. Talking about the stages, we remember automatically about the coins, and the game shop, where we can buy different habilities and type of shoots, a think that I really liked in Cuphead, you can change your dash, like I said before your type of bullet and your special (PS: this one just completing extra stages).

The game have great mechanics, that really make us (players) think about the best way to approach a boss, the dash in the air, change your bullet, thinks that with the time you will learn how to use in the right moment.

Focusing now in the bosses, we have a big challenge right here, to be honest this was the game with the best bosses that I played this year, they are hard, unpredictabels, and other several adjectives that I could use to say that, they are fun, and they are a challenge that will not make you become extremely frustrated.

Story

It's interesting, the game dont have a really especial story, it's interesting the reason why the Cuphead and the Mugman are looking for the sools contracts, but while you are playing, your are soo focused in defeating the stages and the bosses that you almost forget why are you fighting.

Fun

Strong point of Cuphead, it's stupid how a hardcore game like this can continue being soo funny, interesting and exciting like it is, it's almost unbelievable what the desevolpers done with the game.

Conclusion

Cuphead it's a great game, have a good overall gameplay, the graphics are just (let's say again) amazing and the story is kinda of interesting, so why don't play Cuphead, you have 10€, don't know how to spend them, now you know.
  83. May 2, 2020
    Genial, absorbente, bien cuidado , difícil , original, mítico. Audiovisualmente es una delicia y está todo bien cuidado
  84. May 26, 2020
    This game is amazing and easily one of the best indie games of the decade. The presentation is gorgeous and I absolutely love the level design. The gameplay is also solid and the characters have a nice weight. The parrying system is very fun and a lovely risk-reward element. Every level feels unique and the music is stunning. The soundtrack is genuinely very catchy and easily gets stuck inThis game is amazing and easily one of the best indie games of the decade. The presentation is gorgeous and I absolutely love the level design. The gameplay is also solid and the characters have a nice weight. The parrying system is very fun and a lovely risk-reward element. Every level feels unique and the music is stunning. The soundtrack is genuinely very catchy and easily gets stuck in my head. I love the difficulty options. It's great that people with varying skill levels can all enjoy this game. If I had one complaint, some of the sound effects can be really annoying like the onion from the root pack's crying. In conclusion, this is a very fun run and gun game that'll likely appeal to fans of the genre. I hope you all have a good day/night, folks! Expand
  85. May 27, 2020
    This game resembles perfection, from its bosses to its music to the gameplay and back. This is a personal child dream come true.
  86. Jun 2, 2020
    The art style is superb. The game is challenging yet enjoyable. It’s an original and fantastic debut game from Studio MDHR and I enjoyed every running, gunning moment.
  87. Jun 17, 2020
    Awesome game! Though do note that this is a VERY challenging game and I won’t recommend to those who aren’t up for the challenge.
  88. Sep 15, 2020
    Cuphead is one of the most delightful platformer games I've ever played. It's incredibly stylish and everything about its presentation is quite incredible. The voice-acting and the music were extremely fitting and really made this a great homage to last century's culture. The gameplay was very responsive and had enough powers to keep you inventing new fighting techniques based on the bossCuphead is one of the most delightful platformer games I've ever played. It's incredibly stylish and everything about its presentation is quite incredible. The voice-acting and the music were extremely fitting and really made this a great homage to last century's culture. The gameplay was very responsive and had enough powers to keep you inventing new fighting techniques based on the boss you're fighting. And of course, this one is made for players looking for a challenge. Definitely not a walk in the park but it does have an easy mode for those looking for a more relaxing run (although I never tried it so I can't comment how accessible it is).

The story wasn't all that great, very straight-forward and simple to fit its 15 - 20 hours of gameplay until the final boss. Not really a negative point, but could be better since nothing really ties the bosses together. One issue I have with the gameplay is the way ground parries work. Having to jump to parry some of the obstacles made for a really frustrating time. Sure, they're optional but I'm a perfectionist and try to get the best possible score. And the last issue was the infuriating design of a few specific boss phases. Most bosses felt fair but there were a few instances where there was too much going on the screen.

Overall, a very fun and challenging game. Definitely not impossible as a lot of people claim and it's just a matter of memorizing patterns (just like in most video-games, nothing new if you've been playing for a while) and timing your jumps, dodges, and parries. Personally, I found Celeste to be even harder and people cry a lot less about its difficulty. Just not an accessible game for newcomers at all.
  89. Jun 22, 2020
    Una autentica sorpresa este juego, necesitarás toda tu habilidad y concentración para superar cada uno de los boss del juego, pero con cada cada uno que superes tu satisfacción ira en aumento, aunque te aviso, vas a morir.... y mucho. Jugabilidad 10/10.
  90. Jul 28, 2020
    Incredible animation. gameplay and music. You can see the enormous quantity of effort and passion the developers put in this game.
  91. Aug 28, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Regardless of what you think of the game, I will promise you 1 thing:
    It will be DIFFICULT, while this isn't for everyone, Cuphead is strangely, fun game.
    But there are a few glitches that hold me back from giving this a 10/10, Mainly when the boss turns white. This happened to Grim on my first playthrough, I got to the 3rd phase and then the whole screen went white, I obviously died right there, but these moments don't happen often.
    I have not wet beat the the game because of its difficulty, but it has been SO fun so far.

In short, A VERY difficult game that is meant for the people who are really skilled at Video Games.

Dificulty: 10/10
    Gameplay: 9/10
    Story: 6/10
    Glitch counter: 3
    Overall: 97/100
  92. Aug 2, 2020
    At the end of the day, Cuphead is a fantastic, retro run 'n gun game with that many delightful tropes.

Let's get this outta the way. The presentation is simply gorgeous that takes inspiration from classic cartoons. This stylish game is absolutely dripping with wonderful detail. You can easily tell they went all out to make this game as visually enjoyable as possible. The backgrounds themselves have more detail than most AAA titles I've played recently.

Whilst this game is a spectacle to look at, it's a delight to truly play. The core gameplay is fun as heck. Cuphead's physics are just right with a nice, weighty jump and a solid running speed. There's a parrying mechanic where you can bounce off of pink objects in you time your jump just right. You'll be granted with another card to build up your super. Your super is an ability that'll allow you to temporarily be invincible, fire off a powerful attack, etc. There are airborne stages where you'll have full control of the screen. These stages are incredibly fun but are only used for bosses. Speaking of which, this game has an assortment of creative and unique, yet difficult bosses that'll keep you on your toes. There are several difficulty options which gives the game far more accessibility. There's a co-op mode where you can whip out a controller and summon your pal so you can both die miserably together.

You can't finish off a Cuphead review without mentioning its magnificent soundtrack. There's a load of peppy and upbeat toons followed up by some jazzier tracks. It's a wonderful collection of music that you can tell the composers put a load of work into.

All in all, Cuphead is a fantastic novelty that hit the took the gaming industry by suprise, and for good reasons. Give this jewel a try and truly appreciate the tale of the two anthropomorphic cups that decided to sell their soul to the devil...

Yeah...
  93. Oct 8, 2020
    The controls feel so tight! The bosses are so hard! The animation is awesome, seriously, the most hand drawn frames in a video game, ever! It’s a great day for a swell battle!!!!!
  94. Sep 27, 2020
    Divertido, desafiador e brilhantemente bem feito. Esse jogo existir é simplesmente um milagre!

Generally favorable reviews - based on 40 Critic Reviews

1. NF Magazine
    Feb 27, 2020
    Cuphead is such a masterclass in style and control that the few errant ink blots vanish in a Technicolor wonderland! [Issue #40 – July/August 2019, p. 30]
  2. May 21, 2019
    Visually stunning and difficult in all the right ways, Cuphead is a testament to the importance of thought out game design. Every facet of the run and gun parts is built around giving the audience an experience unique to the videogame medium. Although this borrows quite heavily from a very specific era of animation history, its aesthetic goes beyond homage, coupling masterfully with gameplay that encourages mastery on every level. With some of the best designed boss fights this generation, a beautifully rich animation style, and impeccably fine-tuned controls, Cuphead stands out as not only one of the best indie titles on the Nintendo Switch, but one of strongest releases this generation, period.
  3. May 13, 2019
    That Studio MDHR were able to make an aesthetic that’s nearly a century old seem fresh and new at the same time as they made an enjoyable game is just a bonus.