7.7

1. May 27, 2018
    Well maybe permadeath is just not for me (darkest dungeon was beginning to make me feel different) and hard game as well : after dying the first night, dying the first hounds, dying collecting flowers and becoming insane, dying the first winter, dying at the first deerclops (and this last death without the feeling of learning something), I'm feeling a bit bored of starting again and again.Well maybe permadeath is just not for me (darkest dungeon was beginning to make me feel different) and hard game as well : after dying the first night, dying the first hounds, dying collecting flowers and becoming insane, dying the first winter, dying at the first deerclops (and this last death without the feeling of learning something), I'm feeling a bit bored of starting again and again. There is no guidance within the game and it's easy to feel lost. I think I will flee games where hard is emphasis a bit from now on, because frustration is more present than pleasure. Especially true when you want to play easy and portable mode. Expand

Generally favorable reviews - based on 6 Critic Reviews

1. May 24, 2018
    The visual style works brilliantly on the Switch in both handheld and docked. The bold outlines are eye-catching and the muted colour palette lends the game a sense of mystery. Having the full experience of Don’t Starve on the move is wonderful and the day/night cycle is just the right length to hop on and play during a break in your real life. As survival games go, this is one of the best you will find for the Switch.
  2. Apr 25, 2018
    Don’t Starve: Nintendo Switch Edition is an extremely meaty and punishing experience that always keeps you on your toes. The open ended, tough as nails gameplay isn’t for everyone - particularly in its repetition - but it can be quite addictive once things click. A distinct visual style, countless hours of randomized gameplay, and an open ended nature that favors boldness combine to make this an easy suggestion.
  3. Apr 23, 2018
    A good conversion overall, but it suffers from the direct comparison with the Mega Pack version of the contemporary release, mainly due to the absence of the multiplayer expansion Do not Starve Together.