7.6

1. Mar 30, 2019
    Donut County is a great game to relax with. It's very easygoing and almost never left me stumped. The down side though is that the game is quite short and the levels aren't long enough. I would have loved to see the hole mechanics deployed on a larger scale, giving you the chance to swallow buildings and entire cities. The game just never seems to reach a level of insanity I know it'sDonut County is a great game to relax with. It's very easygoing and almost never left me stumped. The down side though is that the game is quite short and the levels aren't long enough. I would have loved to see the hole mechanics deployed on a larger scale, giving you the chance to swallow buildings and entire cities. The game just never seems to reach a level of insanity I know it's capable of.
    Outside of levels there's a decent amount of dialogue taking place between the residents of donut county and it can be humorous but personally I wasn't laughing out loud at any points.
    It's a fun game but only worth it if you can get it on sale.
  2. Dec 22, 2018
    Donut County is a great game and I’m so glad I picked it up on the Nintendo Switch. The writing is hilarious and each character is charming and unique. The world looks bright and colourful and even though the gameplay is quite repetitive, I think Donut County is the perfect game to play on one dark, cold Christmas evening.

For more indie game reviews on the Nintendo Switch google Switch

For more indie game reviews on the Nintendo Switch google Switch Indie Fix.
  3. Jan 14, 2019
    Although the game is short (about 3 hours long), and too easy, Donut County is a hilarious, beautiful, and creative game. The game play is clever, and the story is great. Definitely worth the price of entry.
  4. Apr 25, 2019
    A very relaxing, satisfying little game that is worthwhile. Besides very few grammar issues, short lifespan and lack of a sequel, this game is quite perfect, and belongs in any gamer's library.
  5. May 9, 2019
    This is pretty good, funny, easy and relaxing game. It is pretty short - 2-4h, but this was ideal for me. I think it could be boring if this game would last 10h+.

However history (in dialogue form) was boring. I think it is useless in this type of game. I skipped 40% of this without reading.
  6. Mar 29, 2020
    I do not entirely understand what I enjoyed about this game and why I would have continued playing for several hours, but doggone it this silliness is amazing.
  7. Mar 9, 2020
    A short yet very sweet game full of funny dialogue, addicting gameplay, and raccoons!
  8. Oct 7, 2020
    Donut county is a kind of a puzzle game with fun original hole sucking things mechanics. It's a short and sweet, nice puzzle, well written story and well working controls. It's just surprisingly fun to swallow things with a hole, the game will last you a day or two but is well worth the money.
  9. Aug 27, 2020
    This is a charming game with a great sense of humour. It's not particularly challenging and I can't quite put my finger on what makes it so satisfying. Sadly, it's too short and will leave you wanting much more. Not worth the full price, but grab it on sale for a few satisfying hours of sucking trash into a hole.
  10. Dec 27, 2020
    Amazing game although it is pretty short, it still is captivating. Great art style with a great little story that you can get invested in.
  11. Jan 4, 2021
    Muy buen juego. BK es uno de los mejores personajes que he visto en un videojuego. Un poco corto pero se disfruta cada segundo del juego.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 4 Critic Reviews

1. NF Magazine
    Aug 22, 2019
    If you ever need to entertain a room full of young kids, download Donut County. [Issue #38 – March/April 2019, p. 21]
  2. Jan 10, 2019
    If my biggest complaint about a game is that I desperately want a sequel, that should be a sign that it’s doing something right. I don’t know whether one of those will come, but even if it does, I’m still glad that Donut County’s release on new platforms means that I — and, I hope, many other people — will get to chance to either experience it again, or experience it for the first time. Regardless of whether camp you fall in, it’s fun enough that it won’t disappoint.
  3. Dec 31, 2018
    Donut County will no doubt prove to be a divisive experience, but those that are looking for a relaxing and often funny puzzle game will find an enjoyable experience that has just enough charm to justify its existence. With that being said, this is hardly a game that feels like it justifies the relatively high price tag; three hours max of content is a tough pill to swallow regardless of how enamored you are with the concept at its core.