7.6

1. Jul 16, 2019
    She's a beauty! If you give it some time you'll be hooked before you know it. I just can't seem to put the game down.
  2. Jul 15, 2019
    This game is so much fun. I've never played any of the dragon quest games before and figured i'd give this one a shot, I was instantly hooked. I saw a review complaining about the game teaching you how to play which I don't think is a good enough reason to leave a negative review. If those tutorials weren't there I wouldn't know how to play the game.... This game is a mixture of minecraftThis game is so much fun. I've never played any of the dragon quest games before and figured i'd give this one a shot, I was instantly hooked. I saw a review complaining about the game teaching you how to play which I don't think is a good enough reason to leave a negative review. If those tutorials weren't there I wouldn't know how to play the game.... This game is a mixture of minecraft but with a story and fun fighting mechanics. I would highly recommend it. Expand
  3. Jul 13, 2019
    If you don't want any story or structure just play Minecraft, otherwise try this.

Really fun and a great sequel to the first game. I guess if you didn't like the first one you wouldn't really like this but if you had any fondness for it you should adore this. It's a refined but similar game play experience. Yes some of the scripting is obviously intended for a Linear A->B style playthrough but there's as much freedom as you want outside the specific, story driven tasks.
  4. Jul 12, 2019
    hoes mad

hoes mad The game is super good and a great sequel to the first game dragon quest builders 1 the controls are smoother and responsive the world is huge and looks amazing
  5. Jul 16, 2019
    Perfect game....a mix of Minecraft, Haverst Moon, Animal Crossing, Breath Of The Wild on a Dragon Quest adventure / world. I can't stop playing, I'm dreaming of the world and characters of Furrowfield . . . my mind keeps working on next quest, next exploration or next mindblowing idea I can build, create . . . I'm new to the universe of Dragon Quest, wauvv.....I think it's an amazingPerfect game....a mix of Minecraft, Haverst Moon, Animal Crossing, Breath Of The Wild on a Dragon Quest adventure / world. I can't stop playing, I'm dreaming of the world and characters of Furrowfield . . . my mind keeps working on next quest, next exploration or next mindblowing idea I can build, create . . . I'm new to the universe of Dragon Quest, wauvv.....I think it's an amazing game......a bit intimidating in the start.....chapter 1 is a BIG tutorial, which is good even it feels slow at times.
    It's gonna be the perfect couple game, my wife is as addicted as I am....so we'll work together on our Isle of Awaking in co-op online (we have a Switch each).
    PS. I'm not much into Minecraft / crafting games, BUT DQB2 are total different, thanks to the Animal Crossing, Breath of The Wild aspects + exploration mix trough cool DQ RPG!
  6. Jul 13, 2019
    Instead of letting you play the game your way and discovering things as you go the game is locked behind an endless amount of tedious side quests. On the first island I finished the main mission but it wouldn't let me continue until I ran all around the map completing tedious side quests to get items I already had to complete the big mission that I already had completed. In other words,Instead of letting you play the game your way and discovering things as you go the game is locked behind an endless amount of tedious side quests. On the first island I finished the main mission but it wouldn't let me continue until I ran all around the map completing tedious side quests to get items I already had to complete the big mission that I already had completed. In other words, there's no point to exploring ahead because the side quests will just guide you there anyways and you have to do them. ALL of them. The harvest festival quest wouldn't trigger for me because I hadn't killed 10 bodkins, something entirely unrelated to the plot. I can't play a game that holds your hand so much. Expand
  7. Jul 16, 2019
    Having never played dragon quest builders 1, I’m impressed by the perfect balance of building and RPG elements this game brings. It feels like a real dragon quest, story driven experience, with really slick and fun building mechanics worked in.

It’s a testament to the developers that they’ve managed to make building so satisfying. The decision to directly tie building quests into the mainline narrative is something, that in my opinion, makes for a more robust and satisfying building experience than Minecraft or any other crafting/building game for that matter. If you love JRPG’s and you find the gentle, slow paced nature of building simulators satisfying, then I highly recommended this game for you. Just beware this is mainly a single player experience. While you can join up with friends and make endless creations (much like Minecraft) you cannot co op the mainline story.

Also, the switch version mostly runs smoothly, with only a few slow downs here and there when things get busy on screen. The game looks clean, crisp and sharp thanks to the excellent art direction and the performance did not negatively impact my enjoyment of the game at all. In fact, playing this game in hand held mode was amazing and I loved it.

1. Jul 16, 2019
    Quotation forthcoming.
  2. Jul 16, 2019
    Overall, Dragon Quest Builders 2 is just a damn nice game to play. There are loads of small improvements here that really add up, and the game has a lovely atmosphere. If you were ever curious about the original and didn’t play it, I would recommend skipping straight to Builders 2 and diving in as soon as you can. Happy building!
  3. Jul 14, 2019