7.3

1. Aug 22, 2020
    The game is great, but the fact that you have to be connected to the internet is plain weird for a portable console. If you are in the middle of a game and your device goes to sleep you have to be lucky enough that the game can reconnect. If not, gone is your progress. After the so much time losing progress due to this I ended up deleting the game. Was it too much to have the game save theThe game is great, but the fact that you have to be connected to the internet is plain weird for a portable console. If you are in the middle of a game and your device goes to sleep you have to be lucky enough that the game can reconnect. If not, gone is your progress. After the so much time losing progress due to this I ended up deleting the game. Was it too much to have the game save the progress you made? Expand
  2. Aug 18, 2020
    Good Game, but 'always online' for single-player brings it down from a very high 9 to a disappointing 6.
  3. Aug 19, 2020
    Warning- Requires internet to play single player game and kicks you to restart if sleep during mid-match. Not acceptable for a single player game that could easily be offline. No chance they fix this.
  4. Aug 19, 2020
    Game is really nice and performance is decent but it is literally unplayable without an internet connection, even single-player mode. Citing the official website:
    > Every action performed by the AI is calculated on our servers, then sent back to you.
  5. Aug 16, 2020
    A solid digital CCG/board game hybrid with attractive visuals, pleasant music, and a wealth of complexity and strategic depth, marred by its 'always online' requirement, awkward UI, and day one DLC that's more expensive than the base game.
  6. Aug 23, 2020
    It blows my mind that this game isn't more popular. It's an amazing and unique strategy game that I play happily for hours upon hours. The base game is enough to keep you happy but all of the expansions are worthwhile and good value. I cannot recommend this game enough, especially for the Switch.
  7. Aug 16, 2020
    Great game, when you have it you need to unlock the cards, wich in my opinion gives the game a purpose, great mechanics, i loved HS but i love this more!
  8. Aug 20, 2020
    Maybe people complaining about the game being always online should just get an internet connection instead of rating the game low, it’s 2020. Wonderful mix of card and board game, beautifully illustrated, brilliant and compelling mechanics, solid progression and absolutely not pay to win. You purchase the game (and its expansions if you like) once, and you can fully enjoy the infiniteMaybe people complaining about the game being always online should just get an internet connection instead of rating the game low, it’s 2020. Wonderful mix of card and board game, beautifully illustrated, brilliant and compelling mechanics, solid progression and absolutely not pay to win. You purchase the game (and its expansions if you like) once, and you can fully enjoy the infinite possibilities that the game offers without spending any more money. Along with Legends of Runeterra, it’s the best out there when it comes to digital card games. Expand
  9. Sep 1, 2020
    Incredible card game. This is the definition of a gem. Great single player and multiplayer. Co-op fights, exciting puzzles, draft mode, there's so much content on the base game alone. If you enjoy card or strategy games get this one.
  10. Sep 7, 2020
    So far, I'm only at around level 14 with around 20 hours on the switch

Pros: -Quick to play, easy to learn and rather addictive -Visuals are gorgeous on the switch and sound/music is minimal but good -Solid and polished game Cons: -Can't play without internet connection, so no gaming on the bus or on campus/places where wifi sucks -Some UI quirks I'm not a fan of -future
    So far, I'm only at around level 14 with around 20 hours on the switch

Pros:
    -Quick to play, easy to learn and rather addictive
    -Visuals are gorgeous on the switch and sound/music is minimal but good
    -Solid and polished game

Cons:
    -Some UI quirks I'm not a fan of
    -future prospects unclear

I dig the game. it's pretty awesome so far. I want to get more card packs (DLCs) in the future if/when they go down a bit in price. There is really nothing for me to complain about in terms of the gameplay- they did a good job and things do feel very balanced.

There are some small things about the UI that is a little annoying, like when you accidentally enter the text boxes (deck names, card search). Those should be removed and be made accessed with buttons only.

This game could probably get a 9.5 from me if the online component was not required, or atleast, not require NSO (from what I'm told anyways, but since I already have NSO, I can't quite tell). I understand the reasoning, but danggg...

I also worry about the future for this game. it probably won't get a big following like hearthstone and it's hard to tell if there will be anymore new content (like new cards) on the game in the future.
  11. Oct 4, 2020
    If you enjoy playing Magic the Gathering you should definitely consider playing Faeria! It combines interesting creature-based combat mechanics with strategic board occupation and resource management. Magic players will automatically feel very comfortable with the combat system but new players should not feel intimidated. I have been playing Faeria for 8 days solid now and here are theIf you enjoy playing Magic the Gathering you should definitely consider playing Faeria! It combines interesting creature-based combat mechanics with strategic board occupation and resource management. Magic players will automatically feel very comfortable with the combat system but new players should not feel intimidated. I have been playing Faeria for 8 days solid now and here are the things I like most about it:
    1. The look / sound / feel of the game world is beautiful and immersive.
    2. The game 'tutorial' is actually just a series of puzzles which teaches you new mechanics at your own pace.
    3. The 4 different 'suits' of cards all play quite differently which keeps things fresh.
    4. It's fun cracking chests for new cards and they are generous with how regularly you earn new chests.
    5. There is also quite a generous 'crafting' system for acquiring new cards.
    6. There are quite a number of interesting and varied game modes to explore.
    7. The power level of the cards seems very well balanced. Unlike in Magic the Gathering, you don't need to build a deck full of 'bomb rares' to enjoy success.
    I am really pleased I decided to try Faeria. It is a fun, balanced and carefully constructed strategy game set in a beautiful game world. While I cannot disagree with other reviewers who have criticised the necessity to be permanently connected to the internet to play, this is no different to playing Magic Arena at home on your laptop, so don't let this deter you from trying Faeria.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 11 Critic Reviews

1. Sep 8, 2020
    Other than a few slight problems I would recommend this to any card game fans out there, it stays true to everything we love about card games while adding its own unique twist. Abrakam has done a great job accomplishing their goal for Faeria; by focussing development on its extensive single player mode, it gives me hope for developers to implement something similar in their own card games for the future increasing replayability and attracting more of a casual scene to an often competitive genre.
  2. Sep 8, 2020
    The tactical spin to the CCG model in Faeria ends up working fairly well, if being somewhat simplistic. It achieves some degree of excitement in seeking new cards and new decks without ever fully hitting its complete stride, but the general premise is fun enough to try out even for hardcore fans of the genre. With a respectable single-player mode, and the entire ladder setup, players of both types will have a lot of content to play through. With a fun and a novel twist, this is a decent choice for those looking for something in this genre, but its appeal won't extend much past this.
  3. Sep 3, 2020
    It is loads of fun to play, has some great atmosphere and artwork to enjoy, and I recommend it wholeheartedly. However, it does not take advantage of many of the things that make the Switch so great. It does not handle the native LCD well with fonts in many places that are just too small, it also loses much of its portability in its mandate to remain always online in order to play. It remains a fantastic gaming experience, only one ever so slightly less fantastic that its PC counterpart, and the lack of cross-save will force you to choose a side, so choose wisely...