5.5

1. Feb 7, 2018
    Great little music game in the lines of the guitar hero games, clearly the music of Frederic Chopin was picked as it would be royalty free by now for the devs to use but some of the remixes of the tracks are really good tunes to play to.

- Game advises you play it with headphones, and I most certainly would agree with that, the music just comes to life far more from a decent said of headphones rather than the switches functionally but lacking in bass speakers.
    - Game suggests it's designed for the touch screen... and it is more or less designed that way but if you rather play with buttons I found that swapping over the middle key from being the L2 button to being R2 instead made the game perfectly playable using the button controls and is just a few seconds to alter in the menu.

Great little story if not a touch racially insensitive at times with the stereo types that show up in different countries, although I'll be honest, being Irish I did laugh at the Irish reaction to seeing Chopin or as they refer to him another Pole arriving to take a job, it is borderline racist... but still done in a light enough way to slip by the sensors.

(also if you buy this game from the eshop it gives you a 50% reduction from Frederick 2 which made that game 2.50 for me here in Euroland so I got both titles this way for under a fiver)
  2. Feb 8, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Like a few other reviews have said, it is similar to Guitar Hero in terms of gameplay. And, like if I were to play Guitar Hero, I would have to play in Easy to even stand a chance. Self-deprecation aside, it is a very fun game. It introduces you(or maybe even reintroduces you) to the music of legendary composer, Frederic Chopin, but with a twist! You see...and this is where some spoilers come in...you play as Frederic Chopin, resurrected after over 150 years by who will later be revealed as Mastermind X, a media mogul who attempts to monopolize music artists by manipulating those you duel against into contracts. One of the best parts of the whole game is the music alone. Each song is played in a certain genre of music, fitting of the area you (as Chopin) are in. Techno in France, Reggae in Jamaica, Hip-Hop in New York, etc. The only complaint I have about the game that some of the voice acting, more specifically of the main protagonist. It's not very good & at one point, he comes off as a smug, arrogant douche. With all of that said, I still give it a 9/10. I would very much recommend it to anyone into classical music, rhythm games, or even are only looking to spend just a few dollars on the e-shop. Expand
  3. Mar 6, 2020
    Can not go wrong with this game

Plays wonderfully portably l. Touch controls feel very natural.

Do not recommend docked play. Controls are too hard.

Mixed or average reviews - based on 4 Critic Reviews

1. Aug 10, 2018
    One of the craziest ideas for a plotline ever is matched by a pretty enjoyable game. And it's really cheap on the eShop, which can only be a bonus.
  2. May 18, 2018
    Better a fun short game than a long game with lots of padding, though, as far as I’m concerned. Frederic: Resurrection of Music is pretty enjoyable for what it is — and, as a bonus, you get to feel all cultured once it’s all over for having played a game built entirely around classical music.
  3. Feb 5, 2018
    This is a creative and curious title that, although it plainly borrows the format of Guitar Hero, manages to have an unique personality and is attractive. What doesn't convince us is the mechanical and underdeveloped repetition, together with the light amount of content that it offers.