• Publisher: GungHo
  • Release Date: Aug 16, 2019
  • Also On: PC
6.9

1. Aug 20, 2019
    You pretty much get exacty what you'd expect. It's a faithful port of 2 games with high-res sprites. Worth the money if you're a fan of the series or 90's rpg's in general.
  2. Aug 17, 2019
    Great ports of amazing & timeless games. Though seemingly pricey, there’s 100’s of hours of content. Physical edition would be nice, however.
  3. Aug 18, 2019
    Very good remaster. Yes it's missing some of the Saturn effects, but why is everybody rating this a 1 and turning away people that have never played the games? Especially when you dont on the remaster and are rating it a 1. All because you dont like the HD effects and are sour over the price? These games are must get for any RPG fan. Stop rating the games
  4. Aug 17, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It's a great surprise to me, two of my favorite role-playing games ever, 2 masterpieces of the sega Saturn and Dreamcast ages. I played them a few hours again on playstation one and Sega Dremacast some months ago but now they seems brand new games remastered in hd and playable also when you need to move out. The hd remastered is excellent, give a chance! Expand
  5. Aug 17, 2019
    This game takes two fantastic classics and makes them playable on current technology. Grandia itself is the weak link in this collection but that is not saying a lot for the small upgrade it received the real gem is grandia 2 which has upgraded character models and some redone music for ones that where lost I am having a blast and hope everyone's gives this game a fair chance a 100 plusThis game takes two fantastic classics and makes them playable on current technology. Grandia itself is the weak link in this collection but that is not saying a lot for the small upgrade it received the real gem is grandia 2 which has upgraded character models and some redone music for ones that where lost I am having a blast and hope everyone's gives this game a fair chance a 100 plus hours of gameplay for less than a full price game even if a bit dated still worth it in my opinion. Expand
  6. Aug 17, 2019
    People shouldn't be rating the game that have not purchased it. Two great games updated for modern TV's. From what I have played so far, both games run great. Two fantastic RPGs that every fan of the genre should play. Do yourself a favor!
  7. Aug 29, 2019
    The BEST RPG in 1997, returns with HD filter, 22 years late, but, it's a good chance for replay this game
  8. Sep 9, 2019
    Fantastic game, the visuals, the sound, everything was updated. I’m glad to play this game in a 65” tv and having this wonderful time! :)
  9. Apr 5, 2020
    I already own both of these for PS1 & Dreamcast, and I never usually buy digital releases, but seeing as Nintendo presented me with coins for my B-day that took a good chunk off the price, I decided to purchase it again from Nintendo's e-Shop, 9 months later.
    Love both games, especially Grandia 2, and they both look much better in Widescreen HD.
    Truly, though, I’d say this game
    Truly, though, I’d say this game collection needs a physical release, so I can "own" it, opposed to renting it till its no longer supported online. (c'mon, Limited run Games). *wink, wink*

If it gets a physical release, I’ll buy it again.

For those that are up in the air on purchasing this collection, the battle system of both is terrific, and story-wise, the 1st Grandia brings a great sense of adventure, whereas Grandia 2 has a much better plot with a slightly improved battle system.
    The games are cleaned up nicely and are faithful ports.
    I'd recommend if you're a fan of old school JRPGs.
    But I beg of thee for a physical release, either GungHo or Limited Run Games.
  10. Jun 28, 2020
    It definitely takes you back, Dreamcast port is still the best way to play because this one has random gram drops but the hard mode gives it a little bit more of a challenge. Not as hard as expected but fun none the less.
  11. Aug 28, 2019
    I don't know who reviews these games anymore, but I might read user reviews elsewhere. Theses games are both great and even better on the Switch on the go. If you don't like old school JRPGs or turn-based RPGs in general, then no these aren't for you. That should be common sense. But from the 0s I see on here, I guess common sense isn't so common anymore.

Mixed or average reviews - based on 17 Critic Reviews

1. Oct 10, 2019
    Both Grandia and Grandia II are absolutely dynamite JRPGs that deserve to be remembered for their great stories and outstanding combat. They’re quite traditional so they won’t change the minds of those who don’t care for the genre, but any fans looking to play some exceptional examples from the heyday of JRPGs should absolutely pick this compilation up. While the ports aren’t perfect and Grandia III isn’t here, it’s still the best combination of affordability and quality these two titles have ever received.
  2. Sep 23, 2019
    While a little pricey and devoid of extras, GRANDIA HD Collection nonetheless means you have two excellent classic JRPGs that gives its unrivaled battle system another chance to shine.
  3. Sep 20, 2019
    It may not be quite the package we were hoping for, but this port is still the best way to experience these two charming classics.