7.5

1. Apr 20, 2019
    I do not give a ten lightly. But aside from a couple glitches when I jumped where I should not have (thank you respawn button), this game is a masterpiece. The sense of adventure, the surprise of the unknown, the story--compelling even without words, makes this game better than the rest.

I simply could not stop playing until I looked in every hiding space, fought every enemy and finished the story. On normal mode, the fighting is not very challenging. But the challenge is in travelling the world, understanding what to do, where to go next. The map is a great help.

I took many pictures of the beautiful world, and my ears delighted in the wonderful sounds.

(Admittedly, I never played in handheld mode, so I can't address those criticisms.)

If you like what you see in trailers and snapshots, then jump in, this game is fantastic!
  2. Apr 6, 2019
    Very nice, relaxing game. Beautiful world, technically impressive. Highly recommended.
  3. Apr 8, 2019
    В портативном режиме игра выглядит просто ужасно, в док станции игра выглядит нормально. Геймплейно игра интересная, головоломки не очень сложные, но подумать приходится иногда.
  4. Sep 27, 2019
    HOB tries to be Zelda-like game that takes place on quite different universe.

What I liked here was game aesthetics, interesting world design and way the story is being told. However storywise I had the impression that there is something missing here. I don't know what exactly, wheter it's no emotional attachment to "issues of this world". Maybe too generic approach or something else?
    HOB tries to be Zelda-like game that takes place on quite different universe.

I also didn't like the way this story ends. In game like these you shouldnt allow players to "choose" the ending. I know its fashionable nowadays, but this simply doesn't suit and make sense here. Considering so many "good" things you had to do to get into final lair I really don't see the reason choosing side of "baddies". There is something artificial here.
    There is nothing bad in games being linear.

In terms of gameplay and game design you can clearly see few shortcomings: controls lack polishing, few glitches, framerate issues or no real reward in finding secrets. Combat aspect also is disappointing in many ways.

Recap: It's this type of game that you like in the beginning, but offers you nothing more the more you progress. You just want to explore and open all areas. That's all unfortunately. In this sense it is really more similar to Zelda BoTW rather than good old Zeldas with intricate dungeons.

It's not masterpiece, but still good game worth spending several hours with. Especially if you expect more exploration rather than adventure.
  5. May 2, 2019
    EDIT: Thank God that they have done it at last. I was waiting for days for this optimization 1.1.1 in portable mode. It was time!!!! I have not played the game at all expecting this............
  6. Nov 3, 2019
    One of the best games for Switch and enjoyable 20 to 30 hours gameplay! Nice puzzles, good to solve. Phantastic story with charm.
  7. Apr 11, 2019
    A mixture between Zelda and Rime. A little buggy, but a fun 10 hours of game play.
  8. May 1, 2019
    This game is very solid. It certainly reminds me of Breath of the Wild in that it has a very natural feeling of exploration, but with of course that overhead world view. There are occasionally times where I feel like the game makes mistakes with my inputs, but so far it has never seemed to be much of an issue. For $19.99 (or $17.99 if you got it on sale like me), I would certainlyThis game is very solid. It certainly reminds me of Breath of the Wild in that it has a very natural feeling of exploration, but with of course that overhead world view. There are occasionally times where I feel like the game makes mistakes with my inputs, but so far it has never seemed to be much of an issue. For $19.99 (or $17.99 if you got it on sale like me), I would certainly recommend this game for anyone looking for another 3d puzzle platformer without a great deal of guidance. Expand
  9. Apr 28, 2019
    A relaxing dungeon crawler with some complicated puzzle solving and tons of exploration in a beautiful world. I played primarily in handheld mode and still loved the way the game looked, often playing until the system was running out of battery. The game gives you very little direction, letting the player decide where to go and which area to tackle first. The first bit of the game is aA relaxing dungeon crawler with some complicated puzzle solving and tons of exploration in a beautiful world. I played primarily in handheld mode and still loved the way the game looked, often playing until the system was running out of battery. The game gives you very little direction, letting the player decide where to go and which area to tackle first. The first bit of the game is a little less open but as you go further, you can tackle different areas first if you can't quite figure out what you need to do where you currently are. Overall a great game! My only complaint was that the game crashed once for me in a transition between sections of the game. Expand
  10. Jun 18, 2019
    I won’t spoil anything. I’ll just say that even though HOB is decently long, I wish it were even longer. When I finished it, I looked to see if a sequel was in the works. Unfortunately, the game studio that made HOB has shut down. If you like adventure, atmosphere, puzzles, and technology, this game will win you over. Just don’t expect a tutorial or dialogue—the game trusts you to figureI won’t spoil anything. I’ll just say that even though HOB is decently long, I wish it were even longer. When I finished it, I looked to see if a sequel was in the works. Unfortunately, the game studio that made HOB has shut down. If you like adventure, atmosphere, puzzles, and technology, this game will win you over. Just don’t expect a tutorial or dialogue—the game trusts you to figure things out right up until the final moment. Expand
  11. Jul 12, 2019
    Very well made game with great map development! The game is worth its price and features many different aspects of game play. All in all fun experience for all ages.

1. Sep 20, 2019
    However you want to describe it, though, there’s no denying Hob is great. It’s an action-adventure game that has an abundance of both of those things, and if you want some Zelda-adjacent action on your Switch, you’ll find plenty to love here.
  2. May 10, 2019
    Hob is still a solid title with a good amount of content. You’re looking at 10 hours easily with even more if you’re going for 100% completion. While certainly not of the same quality of a Legend of Zelda or even Hyper Light Drifter, Hob still has some great entertainment value if you’re looking for a good adventure/exploration game.
  3. May 1, 2019
    Fortunately for me, I happened to be in just that frame of mind after playing through the amazing and absolutely brutal Cuphead. The last thing I wanted to do after that was play another stressful and nail-biting experience. So, HOB just so happened to scratch the opposite itch I was craving. Had I played it under a different mindset, it’s hard to tell what my reaction might have been. If you’re in that sort of mood, I think HOB might hit the spot. If not, well then, maybe HOB isn't the game for you. But if that is the case, I would encourage you to play it when you are feeling inquisitive.