7.9

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Oct 29, 2021
    The game is just dull due to simplistic gameplay and nothing much happening on the screen. Don't get me wrong, artistically it is different to most other modern racing games but it's equally as boring - very few modern racing games are worth their time. If you are looking for a racing game to buy in 2021, Cruis'n Blast is definitely the one to go for. Without including Kart Racers,The game is just dull due to simplistic gameplay and nothing much happening on the screen. Don't get me wrong, artistically it is different to most other modern racing games but it's equally as boring - very few modern racing games are worth their time. If you are looking for a racing game to buy in 2021, Cruis'n Blast is definitely the one to go for. Without including Kart Racers, Wreckfest was previously the best racing game of the last decade and has now been usurped by Cruis'n. Expand
  2. May 30, 2022
    At first look this game Graphicly is well put together and has a decent list of vehicles to choose from when they are acquired and the Length of Regular Career/Story Mode was decent. At first I wasn't happy with how the Handling/Steering Mechanics operated But I had figured that would come with time playing the game and it's result would improve, But I was wrong and that's just how theAt first look this game Graphicly is well put together and has a decent list of vehicles to choose from when they are acquired and the Length of Regular Career/Story Mode was decent. At first I wasn't happy with how the Handling/Steering Mechanics operated But I had figured that would come with time playing the game and it's result would improve, But I was wrong and that's just how the game plays. Also before I had purchased this Title, I saw that it was advertised as "No Micro Transactions" and that certainly does not seam to be the case. And the Game Play Is Smooth for the exception of the 2-3 software crashes I experienced.
    I'll try and keep this short, ....... Over the past 2 weeks I have logged about/around 75 hours of dedicated game play, and have found this Game to basically be over Hyped based on Visual Graphics. As I mentioned before, the Steering Mechanics are poor, meaning that the game has "Scripting" programmed in and it constantly and consistently is Sliding and Banging the Player into the walls, off track, and semi spinning out the vehicles when the player is Kicking the Snot Out of the Games Ai ( in short, Benefiting the Ai/Software for success and ultimately working against the player and actively trying to make them lose, meaning not actual fair game play). The Irritating way they have handled "extending" game play by Extremely Restricting Experience points, upgrade points, and in game currency by making players "Grind" through the Unreason Amount they would have to, to gain all the content really just starts to ruin the game all together with losing the moral while playing the game. Along with that, The absolute fact that a player has to quite literally Cheat in order to "beat' or completely pass a good amount of the Time Trails is Concerning and Disheartening.

(Update)- With further playing this title I have also found with the "Daily Challenges", the issue of "Scripting" becomes much much worse, all the forced wall riding, spin outs, intermittent turning off of throttle and drifting, pushed off track while in the air or on track, into wall edges and objects, refusal of being able to use boost, exploding off track, dead stop when land on the middle of the track, steering latency, refusal of rewards for perfect starts=latency.
    As of now I've also made it to rank 41, which has been a nightmare as far as "Grinding goes, and players should expect to have to do 50 to 60 races to move 1 ranking position without the help of the Daily Challenge.

My only other gripe with this Game/Title is the pricing, Based on my experience, this game isn't worth $49.99 at the base price let alone the $89.99 for the Extreme Stunt Edition and what is speculated to come to the game. With that being said there is a "Season Pass" that Only includes "Vol 1" at the price of $29.99 without a path to the other unreleased "Volumes 2 and 3?" .........wth, anyone that can do basic math can put together that doesn't add up, let me brake it down for you:
    $49.99 + $29.99 = $79.99
    This would have me to believe that Milestone video game developer is expecting to charge well over $100 dollars for their complete game because Game Players wanted a Physical Copy of their game because they don't trust the people that own the Coding Rights to just take the game away whenever they please.
    In Conclusion, .... I think that there are a lot of Unethical Practices going on here just like with EA, Sony, and Microsoft, BUT that doesn't mean that it's right and I think that it takes the Wholesomeness away from the game that it should have and ultimately shouldn't be tampered with. But if you can deal with those things the game play is ok and would definitely purchase it the game at the $19.99 price mark if it ever lowers to that price.

(Update) 12-16-2021
    Ironically just got left a threating voice mail from Italy, Claiming to be the Fed's, interesting........

(Update) 5-30-2022
    After several months , i went to try this game again, And certainly didn't think that this game could get worse , a lot worse, but its probably just Milestone singling my account out, so that it plays like garbage, every car now sways around the track like a boat and the latency is atrocious, the drifting doesnt work, and the game is constantly taking control and throwing my vehicle off the track or into walls. Milestone must be Communist Supporters.
    AND There still ISN'T a reasonable way to upgrade without starting over and buying the whole game all over again. Worst purchase ever.

Mixed or average reviews - based on 8 Critic Reviews

1. Nintendo Force Magazine
    Nov 8, 2021
    Hot Wheels Unleashed is hard. Like, unnecessarily so. I hope that the developers, after reading feedback about the too-tough difficulty level, will patch the game to be more accessible to Hot Wheels' biggest fans: small kids! [Issue #56 – November/December 2021, p. 72]
  2. Oct 17, 2021
    Hot Wheels Unleashed captures the spirit of the toy line in a very appealing way and fans will find here a marvelous experience between collecting cars, customizing them, and making changes to the areas around us. While the gameplay experience could use some tweaks when it comes to its controls, and the high difficulty level will prove tough for some players, it's easy to get completely absorbed by everything that Hot Wheels Unleashed does well.
  3. Oct 6, 2021
    As an overall package, Hot Wheels Unleashed is better than you might have expected. It does its license justice, and the racing action is more than competent. I’m not really a fan of how much luck plays a role, in terms of what cars you get from the Blind Boxes, in how well you’re able to tackle the campaign. If you get bad pulls, grinding for more chances can take forever. I also feel like some of the longer courses are a little too long, running for several minutes in some cases. Again, there is a big update coming very soon and likely more to come in the future, so some or all of these points could eventually be fixed. I can only review what is in front of me, and that’s a game that is quite good but with its fair share of flaws.