7.9

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Feb 20, 2022
    The game that surprised me. I was expecting a crap. I got a great arcade racer. Driving model and drifts that give a lot of fun. Pretty cool routes and vehicles that you can also find on your or your friend's shelf. The game obviously has disadvantages like the way to get new cars - loot boxes and no history.

Mixed or average reviews - based on 8 Critic Reviews

1. Nintendo Force Magazine
    Nov 8, 2021
    Hot Wheels Unleashed is hard. Like, unnecessarily so. I hope that the developers, after reading feedback about the too-tough difficulty level, will patch the game to be more accessible to Hot Wheels' biggest fans: small kids! [Issue #56 – November/December 2021, p. 72]
  2. Oct 17, 2021
    Hot Wheels Unleashed captures the spirit of the toy line in a very appealing way and fans will find here a marvelous experience between collecting cars, customizing them, and making changes to the areas around us. While the gameplay experience could use some tweaks when it comes to its controls, and the high difficulty level will prove tough for some players, it's easy to get completely absorbed by everything that Hot Wheels Unleashed does well.
  3. Oct 6, 2021
    As an overall package, Hot Wheels Unleashed is better than you might have expected. It does its license justice, and the racing action is more than competent. I’m not really a fan of how much luck plays a role, in terms of what cars you get from the Blind Boxes, in how well you’re able to tackle the campaign. If you get bad pulls, grinding for more chances can take forever. I also feel like some of the longer courses are a little too long, running for several minutes in some cases. Again, there is a big update coming very soon and likely more to come in the future, so some or all of these points could eventually be fixed. I can only review what is in front of me, and that’s a game that is quite good but with its fair share of flaws.