7.5

1. Jul 9, 2017
    Un juegazo, comparado con su precio me parece una maravilla para todos los poseedores de una Nintendo Switch. Gráficos buenos, mensaje para todos los haters que dicen que los gráficos de la Switch son una m*******, buenos controles, buena trama, un hack and slash muy barato que merece la pena.
  2. Jul 18, 2017
    This is such a great game for the Switch. Beautiful graphics, easy controls and a decent story line.
    It's perfect for playing on that bus or subway ride. You can get a lot done in a short amount of time.
    It also has a good replay value for those of us who need to get all the level achievements.
    Definitely worth the price and time.
  3. Jul 30, 2017
    By no means a perfect title, but the amount of content you get along with the level of polish for the price makes it one of the best values on the Switch.
  4. Jul 16, 2017
    I've never tried Implosion on tablets, so it's my first experience with the game on my Nintendo Switch. I love hack'n'slash games......like Diablo 3......This games is so cool - a science fiction adventure on earth. I'm impressed from the developers what I got for my money. When I finished the campaign, ohhh yes extra levels for testing your skill as warmech-III ect. Now I've begun huntingI've never tried Implosion on tablets, so it's my first experience with the game on my Nintendo Switch. I love hack'n'slash games......like Diablo 3......This games is so cool - a science fiction adventure on earth. I'm impressed from the developers what I got for my money. When I finished the campaign, ohhh yes extra levels for testing your skill as warmech-III ect. Now I've begun hunting badges :oP
    If I could ask for more, well it should be more stories, chars and the abilities to customize my warmech ect. - The ARK system gives you a minor RPG feeling and customizing.
    Keep it up - and I'm looking forward to more RPG and content in this game :)
    I'll defently recommend it if you like the genre of aliens, mechs combied with hack and slash gaming. Last, you can bring it with you, runs soooo fine also in table-top or handled.
  5. Jul 23, 2017
    Por 12 euros es una compra obligada si te gusta la acción y los desafios. Buen control, bueno técnicamente y buen sonido. A mi me ha encantado. Me informe mucho antes de comprarlo, tenia dudas, a los que esten ahora igual que estaba yo les diré que vale la pena al 100%.
  6. Jul 11, 2017
    Nintendo Switch makes ports feel like they were originally designed with this console in mind, even if it didn't exist yet. Not only Nintendo's own IPs, like Mario Kart or (let's face it) Zelda, but with indies as well (im looking at you, every Tomorrow Corporation game), Shovel Knight, and, oh god!, Minecraft (Indie or not). Implosion is the last example. A wonderful, action-packed gameNintendo Switch makes ports feel like they were originally designed with this console in mind, even if it didn't exist yet. Not only Nintendo's own IPs, like Mario Kart or (let's face it) Zelda, but with indies as well (im looking at you, every Tomorrow Corporation game), Shovel Knight, and, oh god!, Minecraft (Indie or not). Implosion is the last example. A wonderful, action-packed game that I liked on mobile but didn't play more than 10 minutes. And that's the Switch magic: controls. Controls are everything.
    The game itself is quite a jewel and a gift for your pocket. Satisfying action, RPG elements, feeling of progression, unlockables... I also fancied the short levels, but I know not everyone likes this.
    For this money, it will scratch that itch for direct games that doesn't require great commitment to make you have fun. Go grab that Switch.
  7. Dec 6, 2017
    This guy reminds me quite a bit of X-Men Legends for the original XBox.

This guy reminds me quite a bit of X-Men Legends for the original XBox.

The level design gives you something spacious to work with, so you can clearly distinguish how the levels unfold, but they still lock in that sense of isolation in space. You genuinely feel like you're alone against this mounting threat. I mean, it's not like Space Hulk level or anything, but its certainly atmospheric.

Especially if you're a fan of handheld Metroid games, and fun little hack and slash numbers, this is for you. The price is absolutely decent, but I would love to be randomly surprised by additional DLC in the future. :)

Cons? If any, it might be too short. I don't think it needs to be polished anymore for what it does, but I can confidently say many who want to buy it would love to see a price drop. That's them, though.
  8. Mar 20, 2018
    For an Indie game ported from Mobile, this gets a 10 for "best in class"... hands down.

Mixed or average reviews - based on 7 Critic Reviews

1. Sep 21, 2017
    Implosion - Never Lose Hope could certainly be more memorable if it focused on delivering what it does best - good production values and a compelling customization system. Alas it quickly becomes overrun by repetitive enemies, disappointing combat, uninspired level design and a plot that is easily overlooked. Implosion could have been a memorable and remarkable game but it's clear that the its development went into another direction.
  2. Aug 13, 2017
    Implosion is a hack 'n' slash action game that looks - from a distance - much better than it actually is. Once you start playing however, you'll find a fairly average (if not downright mediocre) title with some great looking graphics. There's simply nothing unique or enticing about this one aside from its shiny appearance, so you're probably best to look elsewhere if you're looking for something that engages you in any meaningful way.
    It looks good, plays great, and is a very solid and affordable title for the Nintendo Switch. If you are looking for something a bit darker and faster paced on the Switch, Implosion is a solid choice.