8.6

1. Dec 23, 2022
    possibly my favorite game of 2022. amazing atmosphere, very fun card game. Go into this game knowing you will have to trial and error (even coming from MtG and Hearthstone) because the AI cheats and you have to learn how to prepare and adapt. You end up taking smart gambles with hard choices the game presents, that slowly but strongly changes your deck. Dark trippyness, surprises worth notpossibly my favorite game of 2022. amazing atmosphere, very fun card game. Go into this game knowing you will have to trial and error (even coming from MtG and Hearthstone) because the AI cheats and you have to learn how to prepare and adapt. You end up taking smart gambles with hard choices the game presents, that slowly but strongly changes your deck. Dark trippyness, surprises worth not spoiling, and replayability due to challenges and new cards. Game is much longer than it seems. I struggle to come to complaints 10/10 Expand
  2. Jan 8, 2023
    This game is utterly fantastic. It feels like a labour of love. So weird and so wonderful. I haven’t played anything quite like it before, and likely never will again.
  3. Dec 5, 2022
    The game is still excellent ! The story, the ambiance, everything !

The game is still excellent ! The story, the ambiance, everything !

The only thing I have to Say, is that I was expecting a touch control… and they chosed to do it with ABYX buttons. (Maybe the touch control wasn’t accurate). And the only problem I have with ABYX controls, is that I make a lot of mistakes due to reflex acquired in other games… (like ending my turn by pressing left trigger instead of looking Left…) Anyway ! Great Game!
  4. Jan 7, 2023
    "I would highly recommend this game to any fan of card-based deck builder games, and those who appreciate a good plot twist. The final climactic scene still bleeds in my mind like the ink on a freshly made card"

5. Dec 22, 2022
    llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
  6. Jan 25, 2023
    One of the best games I've ever played. The first phase (the cabin) seemed amazing to me and had me hooked for days. The second one not so much, but still quite good. I'm lovin 'it!

Generally favorable reviews - based on 7 Critic Reviews

1. Jan 5, 2023
    Terrifying and enigmatic, Incryption is an unparalleled experience that proves that you don't need miles of exploration or complicated dynamics to fascinate, horrify, and simultaneously teach you how much fun card games can be, especially when you add a few dungeons to them.
  2. Jan 3, 2023
    Turn off the lights and go into your play of Inscryption knowing you will experience a narrative like no other. The gameplay is well done, but the story that lies under it is perfect. If you are a horror fan, do not skip this one.
  3. Dec 21, 2022
    While I hope Inscryption gets touchscreen support in a future update, it has arrived as an excellent conversion on Nintendo’s hybrid system. If you skipped prior releases with the hope of enjoying Inscryption on the go, your wait has been worth it. I’m looking forward to grabbing the eventual physical release. If you enjoy unique takes on narratives, Inscryption is a game you do not want to miss. It also shines on the OLED display on Switch.