7.8

1. Sep 14, 2018
    very little content, to such a point that achieving a win on every squad is a chore. because of a massive lack of new enemy and map types evry run feels the same, the mech squads all might as well do the same thing with very slight differences. this game should be sold for less or be free on kongragate
  2. Dec 19, 2020
    To the pompous twunt that reviewed this a 10 to counter balance the low scores - are you stupid? Because someone has a different opinion to you, you rate it extra high to try and invalidate their opinion. Do you think that you are superior to others and that your opinion is worth more? BotW gets 100/100 all over the show as does God of War and they are 2 of my least favourite games of allTo the pompous twunt that reviewed this a 10 to counter balance the low scores - are you stupid? Because someone has a different opinion to you, you rate it extra high to try and invalidate their opinion. Do you think that you are superior to others and that your opinion is worth more? BotW gets 100/100 all over the show as does God of War and they are 2 of my least favourite games of all time.

I rate this a 3 but also an excellent buy for some people. It is a good game made in a cheap, nasty way. They should have tried to get assistance from a big company to make this a decent game.

Firstly I don't like the roguelike aspect. I have had levels generate and the starting enemy positions have made levels impossible before I even made a move. It just felt a bit like I got screwed with this being a permadeath game. The randomness is the real killer of this game for me.

The graphics are pretty awful. The screen has a very cluttered feeling and can be a bit much playing at a distance trying to make out the difference between things on screen. At home this is fine where I am 1m away but at my gf house where the TV is about 4m away it is a hard task sometimes and I'm forever leaning forward and having to stand up.

So it is what it is. A grid based puzzle game. A very challenging little puzzler. Very mind taxing and fun. If that sounds up your street great, if not then don't even bother.

It's £11 and for me it is worth £5, get it in the sale. It shows why games like Radiant Dawn for Wii start at £70 on ebay. Radiant Dawn and Fire Emblem in general smash this game out of water.

The production value is just so low it is really bad and I feel they would have been better making this a better looking, more refined 2D game, than the poor looking 3D one it is. It's just a really strange one because there is so much to criticise and a lot to like. I think what we have to remember here is that this is priced close to what Valkyria Chronicles is. There is no way that for the couple of extra quid that VC costs that I would ever consider Into the Breach over it. If you love strategy/puzzlers then this is great but if you are testing the water in the strategy genre this would not be high on my recommendations. Go for an old Fire Emblem, or Valkyria Chronicles. If you like simulator style games and visual novels and want to try out the strategy genre then get Fire Emblem 3 Houses.

Into the Breach just stinks of rock bottom budget.
  3. Aug 29, 2021
    Hardly a "game". Overrated to the extreme. "Procedurally generated roguelike" equals 0 skill, sheer luck and massive frustration. Bad graphics, bad sound, horrible game design. Boring, repetitive, no replayability. Waste of money, still not worth it if it were free. Shame for devs and 10/10 spammers alike.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 15 Critic Reviews

1. Nintendo Force Magazine
    Aug 22, 2019
    I'm in constant awe at the sheer number of choices available and I'm always searching for that perfect move – even if it doesn't truly exist. [Issue #38 – March/April 2019, p. 19]
  2. Nov 19, 2018
    Into The Breach is a challenging turn-based strategy game that features a competent gameplay and a wide variety of levels. While it could certainly use a more elaborate plot and some more weapon tutorials, it's safe to say that this rather orthodox work will appeal to fans of strategy games looking for something that follows the genre's main tenets.
  3. Sep 27, 2018
    Into the Breach is an indispensable game for all lovers of turn-based strategy titles. With a magnificent soundtrack that will accompany us in each battle we will fight against the unstoppable Vek through continuous reboots of the timeline and different Mechas that we will unlock as we play.