- Publisher: Daedalic Entertainment
- Release Date: Mar 1, 2023
- Also On: iPhone/iPad, PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One
- Summary: Based on Ken Follett's world-bestseller, 'The Pillars of the Earth' retells the story of the village of Kingsbridge in a whole new interactive way. Play as Jack, Aliena and Philip and change the events of the book through exploration, decision-making and dialogues. This interactive novel isBased on Ken Follett's world-bestseller, 'The Pillars of the Earth' retells the story of the village of Kingsbridge in a whole new interactive way. Play as Jack, Aliena and Philip and change the events of the book through exploration, decision-making and dialogues. This interactive novel is released in three 'books', containing 7 chapters each. The physical retail version includes access to all three books, bringing the entire saga together into one thrilling package.… Expand
- Developer: Daedalic Entertainment
- Genre(s): Adventure, Visual Novel
- # of players: No Online Multiplayer
- Cheats: On GameFAQs
- More Details and Credits »
Positive: 6 out of 7
Mixed: 1 out of 7
Negative: 0 out of 7
Mar 7, 2023Ken Follett’s The Pillars of the Earth is an excellent story set in 12th-century England that brings players an incredibly authentic tale full of intrigue.
Mar 3, 2023Nintendo Switch version of Ken Follett's The Pillars of the Earth is a great option for players who miss old-school adventure games and want to experience the game's great story.
Mar 3, 2023Pillars of the Earth is a beautiful game that everyone who loves narrative adventure games should experience. The visuals, the voice acting and the way it adapts this epic story is really good.
Mar 13, 2023Ken Follet’s The Pillars of the Earth is an excellent novel packed into a stunning point-and-click adventure. While it may be on the slower side for some, it’s certainly a story that I would recommend to others. With heavy subject matter set in the 12th-century of England, it can come across as dark and almost somber. But the moments of humor and triumph are well worth the play through.
Apr 5, 2023Overall, I absolutely loved The Pillars of the Earth. With its beautiful score, deeply developed cast of characters, excellent voice acting, and stunning artwork, this massive work of historical fiction has been brought to life in incredible, addictive detail. While slow at times, it’s nowhere near as slow as the several decades the story encompasses, and the slow burn is more than worth it. Trust me. I’m a historical fiction convert now. In fact, I have to head off now to finish reading the novel. And then on to the rest of the trilogy.
Apr 3, 2023With an interesting story and attractive art style, it’s hard to get tired of Ken Follett’s The Pillars of the Earth. Even if you’ve already read the novel or seen the miniseries, being able to interact with the characters, explore its 12th Century English setting, and shape the narrative provides a new thrill. As far as visual novel adventures go, this one is hard to put down.
Mar 16, 2023The Pillars of the Earth misses an opportunity to become a sublime game. The new features that were present at the time of its first release still feel fresh and modern, but the game's core remains archaic.