8.1

1. Feb 9, 2020
    This game is one of the most beautiful, artistic and tragic games I've ever played. It's more like a great book than a video game. I loved every second of it and I can't wait to play it again.
  2. Gwz
    Feb 5, 2020
    The David Lynch analogy has been played to death, but I think it's apt in this case. Playing "Kentucky Route Zero" reminds me a lot of seeing "Twin Peaks" for the first time. I haven't seen something like this before, I'm not sure if it's "good" but I really, really like it. It tells a story in a way I haven't seen in any media. You KNOW that Kentucky Route Zero will change something forThe David Lynch analogy has been played to death, but I think it's apt in this case. Playing "Kentucky Route Zero" reminds me a lot of seeing "Twin Peaks" for the first time. I haven't seen something like this before, I'm not sure if it's "good" but I really, really like it. It tells a story in a way I haven't seen in any media. You KNOW that Kentucky Route Zero will change something for the game medium, but it will not spawn a lot of clones because it's to unique. Perhaps a different tone, a "feel" or just open up for new ways to tell a story, or even a new wave of art. You may very well tell your future kids about how you played Kentucky Route Zero back in the days. Expand
  3. Jan 30, 2020
    Kentucky Route Zero is an absolute masterpiece. The characters and themes will both keep you up at night and put you soundly to sleep. I hope this game gets studied in literature classes, as its metaphors and character work and unparalleled even by works in other mediums. This is one of the many reasons the video game must be appreciated as an art form, and I have no doubt this game willKentucky Route Zero is an absolute masterpiece. The characters and themes will both keep you up at night and put you soundly to sleep. I hope this game gets studied in literature classes, as its metaphors and character work and unparalleled even by works in other mediums. This is one of the many reasons the video game must be appreciated as an art form, and I have no doubt this game will be something to tell your kids about years ahead, or years soon to come. Expand

Generally favorable reviews - based on 16 Critic Reviews

1. Feb 11, 2020
    Even with its faults, Kentucky Route Zero is well-written and contains wonderful art and sound design.
    Although its moment to moment gameplay might not always hit the mark , the captivating story and colorful cast of characters make Kentucky Route Zero: TV Edition a journey worth taking.
    Kentucky Route Zero: TV Edition is an overall landmark effort in the realm of video games. It explores various facets of the medium’s abilities with storytelling and evocatively shifts its gameplay and gorgeous visuals to keep things interesting. Paying dividends if you decide to input your own personality, it’s a work of art that I can’t recommend enough.